Warning: Unable to update auto-refresh reference 'microsoft.web.atlas.dll'

We are 2 developers working on a web application and we started to use ASP.Net Ajax (Atlas). We added the the toolkit and asp.net ajax to the toolbox in visual studio 2005 and we added the 2 dlls to our bin directory in the project. Everytime we move the project from one machine to the other we recieve the  following warnings

Warning: Unable to update auto-refresh reference 'microsoft.web.atlas.dll'. Can not find assembly 'D:\ZPrograms3\DotNetFrameworkEnhancements\AspNetAjax (Atlas)\AtlasControlToolkit\SampleWebSite\Bin\Microsoft.Web.Atlas.dll'.

Warning: Unable to update auto-refresh reference 'atlascontroltoolkit.dll'. Can not find assembly 'D:\ZPrograms3\DotNetFrameworkEnhancements\AspNetAjax (Atlas)\AtlasControlToolkit\SampleWebSite\Bin\AtlasControlToolkit.dll'.

Should we put the ASP.Net stuff in a folder on the C: drive in a ASP.Net folder on both machines. What I don;t understand is why we have to  do that if we have the dlls in our bin folder in the project. Can anyone clarify???

Newbie

0
newbie06

hello

i think this is nothing to worry about. the problem is that VS is trying to get a new dll when you compile and when you've moved the project to another machine, you've just lost that reference (probably you don't have the toolkit on the other machine or it's placed in a different folder). so this shouldn't take your sleep :D

--
Regards,
Luis Abreu

But what is the solution?

Set a new reference?

Johan Theunissen
MCPD, MCSE, MCTS BizTalk 2006

==============================

JohanNL

Unable to update auto-refresh reference 'ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll'.
AJAX!!! i have dropped the ajax control toolkit and added lots of time again then i got this as a warning. Plz Help.   Yamani    Visual Studio always create a file name "control.refresh" when we drop a control. And then it is trying to replace dll files placed in bin folder with the source file whose path is mentioned in control.refresh file. Now if your orignal place from where you have dropped AjaxControlToolkit is no more exist, then you will get this error. To solve this, just update your "bin\AjaxControlToolkit.dll.refresh" ...

I am getting an "Unable to update auto-refresh reference 'ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll'" error.
I have created a Ajax Control Toolkit in my tool box of VS.  I then selected add item and navigated and selected  'C:\Documents and Settings\rlc\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\downloads\SampleWebSite\Bin\AjaxControlToolkit.dll'.  When I try and use on of the controls Like TextboxWaterMark. I have no trouble adding it to the page. But it does not add the extra information to the properties so I can adjust the settings. And if I try and run the project I get the following error: Warning 1 Unable to update auto-refresh reference 'ajaxcontrolt...

Unable to find an entry point named 'Add' in DLL 'CPPDLL.dll'. while running a c#.net web application
  I have created a small web application using c#.net that calls a function from a dll file created in c++ the following are the files that i have used to create a dll file.. //CPPDLL.cpp file #include “stdafx.h” #include “CPPDLL.h” #include using namespace std; namespace CPPDLL { double Class1::Add(double a, double b) { return a + b; } } //CPPDLL.h file #pragma once using namespace System; namespace CPPDLL { public class Class1 { // TODO: Add your methods for this class here. public: static __declspec(dllexport) double Add(double a...

Unable to update auto-refresh 'ajaxextensionstoolbox.dll'
Hi Friends I am getting warning.  Warning 1 Unable to update auto-refresh reference 'ajaxextensionstoolbox.dll'. Can not find assembly 'c:\Documents and Settings\manolis\Desktop\TrueGreeceLatest\Dlls\AJAXExtensionsToolbox.dll'. c:\inetpub\wwwroot\VakakisApp\Bin\ajaxextensionstoolbox.dll.refresh http://localhost/VakakisApp/   I really dont have any idea why i am getting this. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.   Thanks Menon  Hi Menon,Are you talking about the AjaxControlToolkit.dll? Select your dll in the bin fo...

Unable to get auto-refresh path for reference 'ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll'.
When I compile, I get the above warning.  Any ideas what's causing it?   I still haven't been able to resolve this error - does anyone have any advice on how I should go about troubleshooting it?  Thanks! 10 months later...I ran into this same problem and this thread was one of the results of my search.  In case it helps anyone else, here is one fix:Delete the name.dll.refresh file in your Bin folder of your web site.  The dll will no longer self update, so be aware of that if you load a newer version on your system.  If that is not a concern, deleting the ...

AJAX Beta 2

[Microsoft.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService()]
Hi I'm trying to use the [Microsoft.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService()]  in my web service, but when I compile I receive the following error message: Error 1 The type or namespace name 'Web' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?) Any suggestions how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance! RegardsEdward Hi, the correct namespace is System.Web.Script.Services.Alessandro Gallo | Blog | My book: ASP.NET AJAX In Action If like me and you watched Joe Stagners terrific video "How Do I: Make Client-Side Network Callbac...

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

ISAPI 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.net\Framework\v.1.1.4322\aspnet_isapi.dll' reported itself as unhealthy for the following reason: 'Deadlock detected'.
In our web application we are calling different XML Webservices and make approximately 25 calls every 10 minutes. We use a separate thread to call a the webservice (Crawler) and populate our cache -- our application then retrieves the data from the Cache -- the cache is set to expire in approximately 25 minutes -- but since the Crawler populates the cache every 10 minutes with the new data -- thus it never expires. In above scenario -- our webserver seems to stop responding after some hours and we noticed that somehow requests to Webservices were ...

Cann't add the reference ' System.Web.UI' from ".NET"
Cann't add the reference ' System.Web.UI' from ".NET",and i can n't find the file "System.web.UI.dll" from the "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework",so anyone can help me solve it thanks there is a no-footbird.the wind is its nest.it never stops flying until it dies... System.Web.UI is namespace, not an assembly. Add "System.Web.dll" and that will include System.Web.UI.Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog Is your project a web project? To me, it looks like missing system.web.dll in your reference I think you need to reference system.web in the References  James Wu (MIB426).NET is only way to goMCP, MCSE, MCDBA, MCSD, MCAD thanks all, when i add "system.web"  to the reference ,the case has solve there is a no-footbird.the wind is its nest.it never stops flying until it dies......

'ScriptManager' is ambiguous in the namespace 'Microsoft.Web.UI'.
Ok. I cleared my whole drive of any refernce to Microsoft.Web.Atlas.dll. I then installed the AJAX Core V1.0 following with ASP.NET AJAX "Value Add" CTP then I installed the Atlas control toolkit. When I just use the core components it's fine but when I add the toolkit I get this error. Error 1 'ScriptManager' is ambiguous in the namespace 'Microsoft.Web.UI'.  If I remove the reference and run it It just re-adds the reference. I thought maybe it was my PC so I tried another one and the same message. I know that the scriptmanager is now in the GAC but the toolkit seems to need this file.  Please any help or ideas would be great. Im sure im not the only one.  ThanksDoug Ok I got this problem when using the telerik controls that add the old Atlas dll in the bin directory, I had to remove every single control that used the old dll in order to get the ambigous message away. Way to test it, look into your bin directory after recompiling the whole website, if you see the old DLL, there is a control still using it!!CheersAlMy BlogMapStats.NETPlease click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post answered your question!...

'Image' is an ambiguous reference between 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image' and 'System.Drawing.Image'
In my aspx page, I have the following snippet: <%@ Page Language="C#" %><%@ Import Namespace="System.IO" %><%@ Import Namespace="System.Drawing" %>     public System.Drawing.Image Test()    {      ...    }  I keep getting the 'Image' is an ambiguous reference between 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image' and 'System.Drawing.Image' error in my Test function (which returns an Image). How do I fix this? Right which is possible; use the full...

Error 1 The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\asse
Once I build project. I encounter this error. Does someone experience this error?Error    1    The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.6.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll'    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\Default.aspx    1    1    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\  It appears tha...

Auto Changing of '\\' to '\'
I am executing the following commands against an Adaptive Server 7 database (I have tried in both PowerBuilder and ISQL): UPDATE "dbo"."packet_items" SET "document_name" = '\\psa_1\appdoc\PACKETS\Packing Lists\Packing List-Demo.doc' WHERE "packet_id" = 25 AND "item_id" = 1 ; select * from dbo.packet_items WHERE "packet_id" = 25 AND "item_id" = 1 ; When I receive the results from the update command the document_name field contains the value '\psa_1\appdoc\PACKETS\Packing Lists\Packing List-Demo.doc'...

Do I have to register my dll before use in a VWD web app? (Unable to load DLL 'scanSW.DLL': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E) error)
I think I'm having a trivial problem.  I'm sure it will be trivial once I know the answer. I'm using Visual Web Developer 2005 to write a web application which will hopefully communicate with an external usb device.  The manufacturer of the usb device provided a dll with an Excel workbook and VBA code which performs all the tasks that I need in the web application.  This is not unfamiliar territory for me.  A few months ago I had the same dilemma with a separate external usb device from a different manufacturer who also provided a dll with an Excel workbook a...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection' to type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection'.
Hello, I get this lovely error whenever I attempt to load an AJAXToolKit ScriptManager. It is the only one I have on the page. If I use the regulare script manager, my extenders don't detect it. I'm placing the ScriptManager just after the <Form> tag. The frustrating part is that it works when I preview it in the browser from my development machine it works, but once I place it the live server, it crashes on me . I've installed all of the .dlls in the proper places. Also, I'm trying to attempt to do this when creating a new site with the AJAX ToolKit enabled templat...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledAssembly' to type 'System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledGlobalAsaxType'
I always get the below exception if I make a configuration change to the web.config file then request a page without re-building the project. Exception: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledAssembly' to type 'System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledGlobalAsaxType'. Stack Trace: [InvalidCastException]: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledAssembly' to type 'System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledGlobalAsaxType'.   at System.Web.Compilation.ApplicationBuildProvider.GetGlobalAsaxBuildResult(Boolean isPrec...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection' to type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection'.
Hello, I get this lovely error whenever I attempt to load an AJAXToolKit ScriptManager. It is the only one I have on the page. If I use the regulare script manager, my extenders don't detect it. I'm placing the ScriptManager just after the <Form> tag. The frustrating part is that it works when I preview it in the browser from my development machine it works, but once I place it the live server, it crashes on me . I've installed all of the .dlls in the proper places. Also, I'm trying to attempt to do this when creating a new site with the AJAX ToolKit enabled templat...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection' to type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection'.
I have tried to upgrade an existing application from VS2005 to VS2008.  I downloaded the latest AjaxControlToolkit and referenced it in my project.  I'm getting the below error when I try to deploy to our QA servers.  I'm NOT seeing the issue on our local development machines that have VS2008 installed.   Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection' to type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection'.  What piece am I missing in the deployment?  All the web.config changes have been made on the server based on the development machines.  Thanks, Jessica I had downloaded Version 3.0.20229Thanks, Jessica Figured it out.  My references were pointing to the correct version but there was still an old version in my Bin directory of the Extension dlls.Thanks, Jessica...

CS0104: 'Image' is an ambiguous reference between 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image' and 'System.Drawing.Image'
 CS0104: 'Image' is an ambiguous reference between 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image' and 'System.Drawing.Image'   <%@ Page Language="C#" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Drawing" %> <%@Import Namespace="System.Drawing.Imaging" %>   <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><script type="text/C#" runat="server"> void Page_Load() {//The @ means "Ignore escape characters!" in the following string. It is a verbatim //literal string - any backslashes (and newlines) in...

The located assembly's manifest definition with name 'Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls' does not match the assembly reference.
HI Group,i have tried all the possible solutions. but my web controls do not run on the live server. it runs perfectly allright on the local project.let me explain the problme in details. i am using. the tabstrip control on in my project. it runs without any problmes on the local machine (in the source coded controlled project). but when i deploy the project with the relevent dlls on th live server, this control fails. i have installed the controlls on the live server as well. i have tried to set all the relevent settings except the settings to change the path of  folder "ebctrl_client"...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.LiteralControl' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox'

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.LiteralControl' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox'.
Hi, any idea why I'm getting the following error?Line 45: protected void CartGrid_RowUpdating(object sender, System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewUpdateEventArgs e) Line 46: { Line 47: TextBox QuantityTextBox = (TextBox)CartGrid.Rows[e.RowIndex].Cells[2].Controls[0]; Line 48: int Quantity = Convert.ToInt32(QuantityTextBox.Text); Line 49: Are you sure that the control at CartGrid.Rows[e.RowIndex].Cells[2].Controls[0] isn't a LiteralControl?  How are you creating code this in your code?Brent JenkinsASP.NET, C#, Web Developerwww.valewebdesign.co.uk  ...

Web resources about - Warning: Unable to update auto-refresh reference 'microsoft.web.atlas.dll' - asp.net.ajax-discussion