Target Control Attribute for custom server control

hi,

i'm building a new custom control which is bindable to other custom controls which i have in my application.

my question is the following:

i'm interested to have the same behavior that other Ajax control have with the "TargetControl" attribute. meaning that i can chose the target control that my custom control is  binded to.

how do i define this attribute (so i can use it through the html designer)?

i hope this question is clear, if not, just this that i want to have the same behavior that Validators do with the "ControlToValidate" attribute/property. i want to create the same thing for my custom control.

thanks,

ori

0
orianavim

ajax.net controls used in custom composite controls?
I am creating an events calendar that uses the accordion to display the events for the selected day.  The problem I'm having is that the accordion is not responding to any client side events.  I would really like to find a good "How to" article for building composite controls that incorporate an ajax.net control like the accordion....

Using ajax control (CollapsiblePanelExtender) in custom server control
 Hi I'm trying to write a server control that contains the collapsiblePanelExtender from the ajax toolkit.  But I have the following error when i try to show this control: Extender control 'ctl00$contentHolder$ctl00$Ant_baseModule1_cpeDemo' is not a registered extender control. Extender controls must be registered using RegisterExtenderControl() before calling RegisterScriptDescriptors(). I have no idea what i must add or change to make it working.  Anyone who has an idea?  Or maybe I'm doing it all wrong? This is my code:   Protected Overrides Sub Render(...

Custom controls having Ajax Controls
I have a custom control called ModalUpdateProgress. I don't want to narrow down the topic to why do I have to build it or something else. The point of control is to lock a sceen while postback happens so it is a conjunction of Update Progress and Modal Popup Extender. I had no problem to build a control similar to Update Progress. Then I add Modal Popup Extender:   if(typeof(undefined) != typeof(AjaxControlToolkit)) if(typeof(undefined) != typeof(AjaxControlToolkit.ModalPopupBehavior)) { this._modalPopupBehavior = $create(AjaxControlToolkit.ModalPopup...

How to instantiate an AJAX control inside a custom AJAX control
Hi I want to include a ToggleButton control inside a custom AJAX control.  How can I instantiate an instance of the ToggleButton in my Javascript?  If I create an instance of the ToggleButton in C# code, how could the Javascript pick it up?  Thank you,  ltlwinger   http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb397487.aspx Final Answer.Good Luck this._pin = $create(AjaxControlToolkit.ToggleButtonBehavior, { 'id': this.get_id() + "_ToggleButton", 'CheckedImageUrl': 'images/collapse.jpg', 'UncheckedImageUrl': '...

Custom Control within a Control Control

Custom Server Control With Child Control
All, I am currently putting together a very simple control. The new control outputs a table with two rows. The top row contains a heading and the bottom row will contain any other content. The control as it stands works perfectly well and I can place text into the content row no problem. Now, to the problem. Once I'd completed the control I figured it would be neat to enable the developer to add controls directly into the bottom row (content row) of the outputted table. As you probably know the WebControl class has a Controls collection which the developer can use to add any other...

Other server controls are overlapping AJAX Control
Developing a web-page,in which other server controls are overlapping the CalendarExtendar control.What should I do ? Hi For the calander control set the z-index property to some high value may be 100 in the css class CalendarControl .ajax__calendar_container of the calander control . Hope it works !! Regards Pawan Mishra RegardsPawan Mishra“The greatest compliment that was ever paid to me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.” - Henry David Thoreau ...

Custom Server Control with Child Controls
I have a custom server control <xx.Parent... /> which parses custom child controls <xx.Child... />. In Visual Studio 2008, IntelliSense shows me both when I start typing my control namespace. How can I prevent the child control from showing up in IntelliSense  unless I'm adding it within the parent tags?Thanks. --Rudy...

passing control to custom control as attribute
Hi, I am trying to pass for example a textbox to a custom web user control. So I can access a specific textbox from the custom control. Kinda like the "controlToValidate" attribute. I thought I could find the control in the custom control through the page.findcontrol function, but that doesn't work. Control.ascx.vb Public Class testControl1 Inherits System.Web.UI.UserControl Private WithEvents tb As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox Public Property controlToChange() As String Get Return tb.ID End Get ...

Web resources about - Target Control Attribute for custom server control - asp.net.ajax-discussion

Attribute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Template:Attributes of God - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Language: English Română Home Random Template:Attributes of God Part of a series on the Attributes of God Aseity Eternity Graciousness Holiness ...

Six Attributes Of The Perfect Facebook Page Administrator
So, here’s the thing: In many ways, hiring a Facebook page administrator is akin to hiring a poster child for your brand. This trusted manager ...

PANDA: Pose Aligned Networks for Deep Attribute Modeling - Facebook
We propose a method for inferring human attributes (such as gender, hair style, clothes style, expression, action) from images of people under ...

Facebook announces data partnerships to help advertisers target users by offline purchases and attributes ...
... will anonymously match data from consumer loyalty programs with user profiles in order to target ads by offline purchase habits and other attributes. ...

New Study Attributes Rapid Ageing Mainly To Environment Factors
New study explains why some people age faster than others.

Should I use the nofollow attribute on internal links? - YouTube
Regarding "nofollow" on internal links: Does it hurt? Does it help? I read different comments from Matt on this matter over time. What's the ...

Justin Trudeau attributes abortion stance to father's example
Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau says he is following an example set by his famous father when it comes to his position on election candidates and ...

Obama attributes western U.S. wildfires to climate change
... that has burned nearly 400 square miles in the north-central part of Washington state, along with blazes in other Western areas, can be attributed ...

Fifty Shades Of Grey Baby Births: Windsor Hospital Sees Spike In Births, Attribute Book
A significant spike in baby births at a hospital in Windsor, Ontario, has been attributed to the book Fifty Shades of Grey, which has become ...