Tab Index Always starts at Index 0

When I call Update() on the Panel my TabIndex always starts at 0.  Is there a simple way to ask the AJAX Manager to remember its tab order.  I have a MasterPage with the ScriptManager on it.  I have a Telerik user tab control with several Ajax update panels on each user control.  On the First User Control when I change a Textbox or Combobox and call the Update on the panel the everthing seems to work great except focus always returns to the Telerik tab control.

 Before I switch to the AJAX (Released) I use to call a method on the Telerik AJaxManager (ajaxManager.ControlFocus()) and it would set the focus to the next tab index on the control.  Is there something like this in ASP.NET Ajax or do I have to do javascript and handle the tab order.  If I have to use Javascript does anyone have any sample code of what it would look like and how it would work.

 Thanks.

0
sburton

Ok, I have part of the answer now:  I get the Current ScriptManager for the page and call SetFocus() passing the Control.ClientID I want to set focus too.  This gets me to the Control that I changed, now I need to get to the next control in the TabIndex.

protected void PrimaryInterestRate_TextChanged( object sender, EventArgs e )
{
    _activeCalculator.PrimaryInterestRate = PrimaryInterestRate.Text;
    PropertyChange( PrimaryInterestRate );
}

private void PropertyChange( Control changedControl )
{
   // do so stuff:

   ScriptManager s = (ScriptManager)ScriptManager.GetCurrent(Page);
   s.SetFocus( changedControl.ClientID );
}

sburton

To Index or Not To Index or How To Index
Hello, I was wondering if someone knows a better way to explain how different indexes work. Such as, is it better to have an index with int type or char or varchar etc? Is it better to have composite indexes or indexes with individual columns? How does optimizer handle different indexes and what can we do help it? Indexes are very efficient most of the time but they can be quite detrimental to server's performance, if abused. Perhaps you know of a good article about indexing that you could share with us. Or, perhaps Mr. Rob Verschoor would like to issue an article in his very usefu...

dynamic dropdownlist does not trigger selectindexchanged on item/index 0 [moving from non zero index to index 0]
 I created  a  static dropdownlist  with  item_0 to _5. On the selectedindexchanged_static version, I  make the textbox[static] next to it visible if the item_5 is selected and hide the text box  for all other item_0 to _4. This works awesome. Now I create a  dropdownlist [dynamic] when the user click the  AddAnother  link button,this creates a  new dropdown [dynamic].  This  dynamic control is created in the corresponding postbacks on Page.LOAD. This  works good too.Now the default item selected in  dynamic _dropdown...

Old AJAX in .NET 1.1 compatibility with .NET framework 2.0. Ajax does not work always ....................
Hello,I have converted the web site from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0. Some of the pages in the web site use AJAX which was developed in .NET 1.1Ajax does not work smoothly in .NET 2.0. Do I have to use ATLAS or is there any fix I can use to make the AJAX work ?Please let me know. Many thanks in advance. Nick..........

AJAX - TabContainer TabPanel
I have a TabContainer with 4 TabPanels.  Everything works fine except when I "reload" the page, the tab index always goes to 0, selecting the first tab.Is there any way to make the selected tab persistent, meaning have the control remember the last selected tab and select it again when the page reloads?This has become a very big problem for our group.  :-( Thanks in advance.-Brian   Hi Brian,What does the "reload" mean here? Is it caused by refreshing the page by press F5?If this is the case, the state won't be persisted because this request...

setting pagesize and starting index in datalist using vb.net 2.0
hi all , i want to set starting index and page size for my datalist programmatically. Anyone who knows how to do this please send me the code. I'm using vb.net 2.0. thanks swapnaThanks SwapnaPlease click "mark as answer" if this post helped you. This might give you an ideahttp://jamesewelch.wordpress.com/2007/08/12/templated-user-control-paging-datarepeater/ Regards,Vinz"Code, Beer and Music" that's my way of being a programmer!How to get your Forum Question Answered | Blog | CodeASP.NET hi all , I got the code.... check this link http://aspallia...

Dont under stand tabs.SelectedIndex = (Request["index"]==null) ? 0 : Convert.ToInt32(Request["index"]);
On Page : Banner.ascx.cs  it has a line of code: tabs.SelectedIndex = (Request["index"]==null) ? 0 : Convert.ToInt32(Request["index"]); I dont understand what it does can some one help me . Also on HTML : it has <%=Global.GetApplicationPath(Request)%> Where does the parameter Request come from Thanks Anh   What "statement ? value1 : value2" does is evaluate to value1 is the statement is true, otherwise it evaluates to value2. In your example, if Request["index"] is a null value (Request["index"]==null returns True) then SelectedIndex will be 0, if it isn'...

to change active tab index in ajax tabs in server side
i am using tabcontainer with 4 tabs all having update panels inside it to prevent full postback but my tab container is not in update panel.i want to change the active tab index of a button click present inside in one of the tabs by tabcontainer.activetabindex=1.but it i not changing the active tab index can any one help this....thnx in advanecAALAVANDAAN...

Clustered Index on Indexed View from ADO.NET
I have a clustered index on an indexed view in sql server 2000. When I do a simple select in query anaylser from this view I can see from the execution plan in profiler that the clustered index was used to return the data, hence improving performance of the underlying select(this is why I am using the indexed view). However, if I run the query from an asp.net page using the sql provider I can see the call in profiler but the clustered index is not used, hence reducing the performance of the call considerably.If anyone has experienced this please let me know.Cheers Niall Views are...

Will AJAX Extensions 1.0 (for .NET 2.0) be affected by .NET 3.0?
Hello all,I have a web server that has a couple of site running using .NET 2.0 with the AJAX Extensions 1.0 (but not the ControlKit) and I need to install another Web App site that uses .NET 3.0. I need to know if installing .NET 3.0 will affect the sites that currently use 2.0 and the AJAX Extensions 1.0 as these sites are live and any down time would get me in the @~!£$.If there are issues, are there any work arounds? Many Thanks in advance  The .net Framework 3.0 and 3.5 add features to the .net framework 2.0 so installing the additional framework should not cause any pro...

To Index or not to Index (that is the question...)
I'd like to clear up an assumption I have. If I have a Primary Key Constraint on a Table I assume that I will not need to create an Index on the field(s) of the constraint as the action of creating the primary key constraint produces what is the equivalent of an Index (be the constraint clustered or not). Is this the case? Also I'm looking to Pivot some data, are there any SQL tricks etc. I should be aware of to be able to do this (I've searched the Newsgroups for 'Pivot' but don't understand any of the answers posted - some SQL examples would be gr...

index server not indexing
Ok, so I want to add a catalog to the index server. I can add the new catalog, I then add a directory to this catalog. I restart the index server, and merge the index. If I click the index server, in mmc, it shows 0 documents for everything. Everything meaning documents to index, total docs, docs defered for indexing and so on.  I've tried this on vista as well as on win2003 and the same result is obtained, no documents are indexed. In win2003 I can index document, but ONLY the ones in the default catalog, if I paste some documents there they get indexed. So, what have I don...

Basic Index question :- nonclusted indexes which are a subset of a clustered index
Can anyone suggest why I would have the following set of indices upon a table: index1 clustered, unique field1,field,field3,fiel4 index2 nonclustered field2,field3, field4 index3 nonclustered field,field2,field4 The table is one into which a lot of inserts are done, so I would have thought that index2 & 3 would be unncessary since they're (1) already in the clustered index and (2) any inserts would triple the amount of index updates that are required... Are these assumptions correct ? Thanks in advance, Steve Hi, if you have a...

listbox always selects index 0
I have a listbox for entering phone numbers (lbxPhone).  The UI gives the user the ability to remove items from the listbox (single-select) by selecting a phone number and clicking the Remove Button (btnRemovePhone). The problem is that no matter what selection is made, the item at index zero is removed. Here is the code for btnRemovePhone:Protected Sub btnRemovePhone_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnRemovePhone.Click lbxPhone.Items.RemoveAt(lbxPhone.SelectedIndex) End IflbxPhone.SelectedIndex always returns zero.  How can I get it...

ajax tab index/focus issues
I have a master page with a AJAX modal popup on it. The modal holds several user controls that hide and show based on display properties. I managed to set focus on the first text box when each displays, but I am having trouble figuring out how to  have focus on them when I tab through. IE just tabs through the browser and ignores the fields and mozilla tabs through, but with no focus. I set the tab index of my text boxes to 6000, 6001, etc. so they don't interfere with the rest of the form. Help please. thanks. ...

Web resources about - Tab Index Always starts at Index 0 - asp.net.ajax-discussion

China stocks dive nearly 7 percent, trading halted
Chinese stocks plunged nearly 7 percent Monday, triggering an emergency trading suspension and giving global markets an unnerving start to 2016. ...

Bill Clinton Begins Campaigning for His Wife in New Hampshire
(KEENE, N.H.) — Bill Clinton is back on the presidential campaign trail — and so is his baggage. For months, the former President has largely ...

Armed protesters refuse to leave federal building in Oregon
CNN Armed protesters refuse to leave federal building in Oregon CNN (CNN) Two days after taking over a federal building, armed protesters ...

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Tablet offers customization through clip-on modules
If you've ever searched high and low for a tablet but found yourself unable to track down the perfect device, Lenovo may have the answer. Taking ...

G.O.P. Presidential Candidates Fuss About Obama's Push For Gun Control
In the midst of what he has called “our epidemic of gun violence,” President Obama is contemplating using executive action to enforce more stringent ...

Italian Comedy ‘Quo Vado’ In First Stellar Frame Equals ‘Star Wars’ Total Italo Take To Date
ROME – Italian laffer “Quo Vado,” by comic sensation Checcho Zalone has scored a record-breaking Euros 22.2 million ($24.2 million) in its opening ...

LIVE: Earthquake measuring 6.7 on Richter Scale hits Northeast; 6 dead over 50 injured
The earthquake, measuring 6.7 on the Richter Scale, occurred at 4.37 a.m and had its epicentre in Manipur's Tamenglong district bordering. Bangladesh, ...

Seven killed as terror attack on India's Pathankot air base enters its third day
The battle between Indian armed forced and a group of militants at the Indian air force base in Pathankot, near the India-Pakistan border, has ...

Mark Zuckerberg has debunked the rumour he's giving his fortune away to random Facebook users
We've all seen it — the post claiming that Mark Zuckerberg is giving away his fortune to a select group of random Facebook users. All you have ...

Report: Browns are 'done' with Johnny Manziel, who wants to go to Dallas
The Browns are reportedly 'done' with Johnny Manziel, who wants to play in Dallas.