Master Page multiple content page ajax update panel question

I am working on a web site, using quite a bit of the ajax tookit items that is working nicely. I want to not get the full postback flicker in the header/footers of the individual web pages (about 5 pages with ajax tab controls, multiview and other asp controls). I want to be able to move from page to page and not update the header/footers from the master page, just updating 2 content placeholders on each page. I have tried about everything but get full postbacks all the time in the header and footer. I have the script manager in the master page and have tried update panels in the master page contentplaceholders with no sucess. Question: is it possible to do what I want, i.e define 2 areas on the master page that will not be updated moving from page to page. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have spent hours and hours researching and trying. I am using VB ASP 3.5 and VS 2008 Professional.

0
NewASPCoder

 if they are different pages , even if they use the same master page, you will not be able to avoid reloading the header and footer agai. It is not a post back, but a redirect. To avoid the flicker try setting putting this filter in the head element of the master page. this would help mask the flicker. However a caveat is that is it works only in IE

<head id="Head1"><title>
my title
</title><meta http-equiv="Page-Exit" content="progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Fade(duration=.25)" />
 </head>

Jeev
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer.
0
Jeev

Using an Update Panel in a Content page of Master.page/content.page scenario
When I place an Update Panel inside a content page of a Masterpage I get the following error: Element 'UpdatePanel' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site.  Is the Update Panel suppose to work with a content page, etc.?  Can't seem to find any Docs that talk about where the Update Panel is allowed. Warren     Well, don't you know it.  Right after I put out the original post, I then downloaded the latest release of the ajax extensions and it looks like they have fixed the problem with the update panel not working ...

AJAX Master Page, AJAX Web Form and AJAX Client Control Question?
I gues to get the ball rolling I have VS 2008 and I am creating ASP.NET websites. I have programmed with VS 2005 and always had to add AJAX features by hand. Now in VS 2008 you have new templates AJAX Master Page, AJAX Web Form, AJAX Client Behavior, AJAX Client Control, AJAX Client Library, AJAX-embeded WCF Service On these three templates AJAX Master Page, AJAX Web Form and AJAX Client Control. What makes them different from normal templates? Is it just a matter of adding the script manager to the page or is using a AJAX Master Page have a huge benefit over doing individual pages? I have search the net and have not found any good Pros and Cons info on them. Most of the stuff I find is VS 2005 and AJAX Toolkit you install be hand. Can someone please post back info or place to find info on major or minor differences or reasons for using AJAX ones over standard template w/o AJAX.George - (iamtgo3) www.ipdg3.com (AS / CADD / CompTIA A+ Certified / CompTIA Network+ Certified / MCSA / MCP / MCT)Helping Developers and Programmers Find Resources There's no fundamental difference.  The AJAX templates just start you off with a web.config that has all of the needed configuration settings.If you manually updated the web.config of an existing site to use the AJAX extensions, the end result would be the same.Encosia - ASP.NET, AJAX, and more.Latest article: Using complex types to make calling services less… complex gt1329a Thanks for the post back. I figured it was s...

Full post back occuring on master / content pages with AJAX update panel
Hello, I need some assistance with a problem I am having with the AJAX update panel and master / content pages.  I created a new "AJAX Enabled Web Site" and added a master page and content page.  The master page contains a script manager control with partial page rendering set to true.  The content page has an update panel that contains a simple label and a button.  The button click event fires a method that stores the current date and time to the label.  Since the button is in the update panel, there is not need for conditional updates thus the updatemode of the up...

A son of a Challenge: XML file feeding menu on master page, and changing ajax update panel in content??
This may cover quite a few areas, and is proving a challenge :-) I have a master page that contains a custom control that will store some links (or really menu items, xmlnode = Content), eg Page1. Page2 The master page contains an AJAX script manager to allow partial page rendering. The content page will then contain child data for that 'link' This needs to all work off of a simgle xml file, i have successfully created my xml and xsl file for the content for Page1 XML file:<Area> <Content name="Page1" Description="Description on Page"&...

Master Page cannot trigger Content Page Update Panel
I have a Master page with a header that have a popup page opened via javascript. In the popup page i have some selection say year and period, when a user change a selection it will do a postback save the values in session and close the popup page. When the popup page is closed i will trigger a javascript function to click a button inside my content page The button is on all your pages with that master page?...

Master Page with AJAX Update Panel
Hello, Is there a trick to using AJAX in the content section of a page that has a master page?  My AJAX control works fine, but when I try to add a master page I cannot refer to a label object in the update panel from the VB file.  Thanks, Brenna http://asp.net/ajax/documentation/live/tutorials/UsingUpdatePanelMasterPages.aspxChetan SarodeSoftware Engineer,Approva Systems Pvt Ltd,Pune, India. See the section Using UpdatePanel Control in Master Pages: http://www.asp.net/ajax/documentation/live/overview/UpdatePanelOverview.aspx There is also a tutorial: http://asp.n...

Using AJAX in a master/content page senario where ther are multiple content areas.
Situation: I have a master page which has two Content Place Holders, arrange in a 2 columns layout. In the left had side I have a collection to checkboxes, and in the righthand site I have a grid of data. I want to be able to use AJAX to only update the contents of the grid (by applying a filter) based on items checked in the left hand Contents Area. Problem: The triggers in the Update Panel surrounding the grid in the righthand content area, does not seem to be able to find the chkbox controls in the left hand area. Is this currently a limitation of combining AJAX with&...

AJAX Master Page vs Master Page
 Using VS 08 with asp.net 3.5... What is the difference between these items...Add A New Item (to solution):AJAX Master Page vs Master PageAJAX Web Form ve Web Form Is it just that the AJAX version puts in the scriptmanger?  Or are there other differences?  Thanks Bob  Ajax masterPage just create a masterPage with ScriptManager , Ajax webFrom create a webform that contains ScriptManager and create a Javascsript Page Load method which i called when page loaded.  Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you ...

Ajax UpdatePanel partial postback from content page to master page.
HiI have a requirement to change text of a label in the master page on selectedIndexChange event of a dropdown in the content page using AJAX UpdatePanel's partial postback.Please help. Got what you needed. Please mark as answer. You can only update stuff that's in the update panel.  You could maybe make javascript solution easiest to me would be to change the masterpage label before the postback. $get("masterpagelabelclientid").innerHTML="new value";  Good Luck  You can also put an updatepanel in the master page, in the selectedinde...

ScriptManager on Master page, Update Panel on Content page, not firing ?
HiI have a pretty big content page.On it I have a drop down list that does a post back to hide or show filters for a search and a search button. When the search button is clicked I would like a gridview to be updated. I have tried putting the update panel around the search dropdown, etc. and the grid view. When I do that I get errors: Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'this.get_element().style' is null or not an object So then I tried to put the update panel just around the grid view by turning off child triggers and setting the async post back trigger of the update panel to be the se...

AJAX Update Panel Issues with Master Pages
Hello all, I am having issues using AJAX on my aspx content pages. I have a Master Page that contains a Script Manager and I want to use an Update Panel on some of my content pages. When I do this my aspx content page does not recogize any element on the page that is in the Update Panel, nor does it recognize the Update Panel. It underlines every control on the page and displays "unknown element" errors. I can still build my solution and run the app with no problems, and the AJAX seems to function correctly, but when I view the source code of the aspx page I get errors. If I t...

Update panel ins Master page ... triger control in content page
In the Masterpage i have a datalist inside a update panel . in a page used this masterpage i need when click a button de datalist refresh without refresh all the page   Somebody can help me??   thanks vgta_: In the Masterpage i have a datalist inside a update panel . in a page used this masterpage i need when click a button de datalist refresh without refresh all the page   Somebody can help me??   thanks Please ignoe this post...

throw exception if using master page,update panel with in content page
hi friends,  i am using vs2005 and asp.net2.0. i am using master page,content page ,update panel within content page. Now i want to throw exception as message box with exception name in message box due to control in update panel.i am able to show exception name in text box but not in message box. plz. help ASAP   vickyjha Hi, The Follwing code Take Data from Update Panel an Shows it When U click Show Button...Hope It Helps U <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd"> <html xmlns="htt...

Update Panel containing usercontrol on Master Page, triggered from another content page?
Hello,Hoping someone can help. I have a master page with a user control in it.I have a content page with a Datalist with a OnItemCommand event (linked to select buttons on each row). I want that event to trigger a update of the user control on the master page.I need this so just the user control can be re-printed to the page and not all 100 rows in the datalist.Any help is appreciated. I am new to Atlas.Thanks,joe ...

Dynamic Menu of Master Page Goes Behind AJAX Content on Default Page
I created a AJAX DropShadowExtender on the top of my Default.aspx page. When I load the page to preview it, my dynamic menu items on my master page fall behind the AJAX content. Any ideas, Thanks!Jeff Can  you set the z-index of your menu to be higher?MCPD - Web Developer I am sorry, I do not know what you mean by the z-index. Can you give me a little more information. Thanks for your help!Jeff It is a style in CSS so you can find the div or panel that has your menu in it. Then put Style="z-index:1000" in that div or panel.MCPD - Web Developer These are asp:menuitems a...

ajax update panel ScriptManager1.RegisterAsyncPostBackControl with master pages
Hello every one , I am new to ajax controls asp.net, using 3.5 with sp1 I am using nested master pages so my site includes 2 master pages SiteMaster and Content master. So in  Content master i have set two seperate content place holders display as Main content and Side bar content on right.In my content page default aspx, i have radio buttons to select options and need to change display in sidebar according to user selected changed. so i need to set ScriptManager1.RegisterAsyncPostBackControl(maincontent)  my problem is since i am using Master pages script manager on mas...

Can't Get Master Page/Content Page Update Panel to work

how to set triggers on content page to capture events from nested master page in update panel?
Here is the scope: I have site.master (logo, footer etc) and nested in it search.master with two contentPlaceHolders (navigation/login and search). While selecting search parameters on search.master (inside search.master update panel) I want dynamically display matching results on content page of search.master. Sounds simple, right?  My question:  My child content page finds controls on the master  but can not capture any changes I am making on the master. I tried to register trigger on the content page by  Dim _parent As ContentPlaceHol...

Trigger for Update Panel with Multiple Content Sections on Master Page
Can I use an UpdatePanel in one Content section on a content page with a trigger in another Content section of the same content page?I have a master page with multiple ContentPlaceHolders which I am using as the template for various pages with a search section and a results section.  The search section is contained in one ContentPlaceHolder and the results is contained in another.  The content page search section contains an ASP.NET button control (id="btnSubmit") and the content page results section contains an Atlas UpdatePanel containing a Trigger which I would like to tie to bt...

synchronizing content pages to master page when master page is edited
 Hi Guys,I'm new to designing websites so please forgive this basic question.I've updated my master page and the modfications ( adding a couple of extra place holders)  are not reflecting in the content pages.Is there any way we can update the content pages created before the changes to the master page were made.Thanks a lot  :)  abhinaynag: I'm new to designing websites so please forgive this basic question. I've updated my master page and the modfications ( adding a couple of extra place holders)  are not reflecting in the content pages. Is t...

Moving Ajax page into Master Pages
I created a simple page in AJAX.NET   <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />   <asp:UpdateProgress ID="UpdateProgress1" runat="server" > <ProgressTemplate> <div>Updating Page....</div> </ProgressTemplate> </asp:UpdateProgress> <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server"> <ContentTemplate> <asp:TextBox ID="TextLName" runat="server"></asp:TextBox><asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server&quo...

Using JavaScript with Master and Content page implementing AJAX.net (Atlas)
I have a Master page and a content page that uses the Master page. There are two ContentPlaceHolders both containing Panel's that hold components. AJAX is used to periodically update a GridView in one of the Panels.  Anyway, the grid implements a row select.  When each row is selected the following code C# is executed.  The idea is to update a textbox in the other Panel. private void update() {    string script="<script type=text/javascript>updateLabel('"+ID+"');</script>";     Page page=HttpContext.Current.CurrentHandler as Page;    if( page!=null&&!page.ClientScript.IsStartupScriptRegistered("update") ) {        page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(this.GetType(), "update", script);     } } The following Javascript code is placed in one of the ContentPlaceHolders in the Content page...but, for some strange reason never seems to be executed. I never see the alert message pop up. <script type="text/javascript">function updateLabel(val) { alert('Test-' + val);var o = document.getElementById("<%=TextBox1.ClientID %>"); if( o!=null ) {o.innerText="It worked"; } elsealert("Label2 has no value.") }   </script>   Any help is greatly appreciated  I think you need t...

Find the URL of the calling page when both the calling and the caller pages use Ajax's update panel
hi, I am trying to find the URL of the calling page when both the calling and the caller pages use Ajax's update panel. I have used Requst.UrlReferrer for this but it returns empty string.  I have written this piece of code in page load event of Page1 which will be called by Page2 or Page3.string url = Convert.ToString(Request.UrlReferrer);if ((url.Contains("Page2.aspx")) || (url.Contains("Page3.aspx"))) { //Perform some operation }  I have update panels on Page1 and Page2. When Page3 calls Page1 it works fine.But when Page2 calls Page1 it will not...

Web resources about - Master Page multiple content page ajax update panel question - asp.net.ajax-discussion

Multiple sequence alignment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A multiple sequence alignment (MSA) is a sequence alignment of three or more biological sequences , generally protein , DNA , or RNA . In many ...

Brussels terrorist attacks: Multiple blasts rock airport and Maalbeek metro station
Multiple explosions have been reported at separate sites in Brussels on Tuesday morning (local time).

Brussels terrorist attacks: Multiple blasts rock airport and Maalbeek metro station
Multiple explosions have been reported at separate sites in Brussels on Tuesday morning (local time).

Police hunt shooters after 23-year-old man suffers multiple gunshot wounds in Arncliffe
Two men are reportedly on the run after a 23-year-old man was shot on a south Sydney street on Monday afternoon.

Brussels terrorist attacks: Multiple blasts rock airport and Maalbeek metro station
Multiple explosions have been reported at separate sites in Brussels on Tuesday morning (local time).

Medical examiner: Katy teen died from multiple gunshot wounds - abc13.com
Authorities say they have identified the body found in west Houston earlier this week as missing Katy teenager Adriana Coronado.

Belgian ministers acknowledge multiple security mistakes
The attacks in Brussels have exposed missteps by European security officials and police, just four months after the Islamic State's assault on ...

Terror attacks hit Belgium: Multiple explosions at Brussels airport and metro
A new wave of terrorist attacks has hit Europe, following the incidents in Ankara, Turkey. A series of explosions shocked the Brussels airport ...

Leonardo Di Caprio’s Galaxia App Encourages Having Multiple Personalities
... anything posted in that group stays in that group, and can’t be seen by those outside of it. On top of that, Galaxia users can create multiple ...

Investigators: Multiple ISIS plots being planned in Europe
Investigators are aware of multiple additional ISIS plots in Europe possibly linked to the Paris and Brussels networks that are in various stages ...