I wrote code Response.Redirect then page is not redirected to reqquested page ( ajax.net)

I wrote code Response.Redirect then page is not redirected to reqquested page  (with ajax.net)
0
shaikshahid

make sure that your target URL is valied and correct... or the problem might be from your browser

Regards...
Nassar, Rami
My Blog || E-Mail

rami_nassar
2/10/2009 9:27:46 AM

dear,

just paste the code so that we can assist u accordingly

Kind Regards,
Saurabh Sharma

only dead fish swim along the flow of river, learn to make your own way.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread
0
saurabhsharma18
2/10/2009 9:38:28 AM

Hi

I will advise you to avoid using Response.Redirect() method with asp.net ajax enabled web pages , since ajax enabled pages doesnt support browser navigation . Since asp.net ajax enabled web pages doesnt cause a full postback so when you try to go back to previous page browser has no idea what was the previous state was and thus it loads the complete page as if it is a fresh page request .

If you are using asp.net ajax 2.0 version then make use of ScriptManager's HistoryPoint option to enable the browser navigation feature . If problem still persist please provide the code .

Regards
Pawan Mishra
“The greatest compliment that was ever paid to me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.” - Henry David Thoreau
0
Pawan_Mishra
2/10/2009 10:34:45 AM
 <Triggers>
      <asp:PostBackTrigger ControlID="buttonId" />
   </Triggers>
0
shaikshahid

Master Page, Ajax, and Page Redirect Problem
  I have a master page that has images in the header and footer, and a contentplaceholder in the center. Also in the left side a table of 3 rows that contains images to work as a menu. I have put all that inside an update panel to make the master page a postback free. I added other pages that use the master page and it worked fine, but when i add response.redirect to the menu click function, the ajax update panel doesn't work any more. Even if i redirect the page to itself, the updatepanel doen't work. Any idea??   By the way, when i refresh th...

if page = current page redirect to other page
 hi ppl.. i wan to redirect my page to another page once read the page display is not the correct page. For example. once it reads the page is page1.aspx it will automatically redirect to page2.aspx  In your page load you can do the following: if(Request.Url.Contains("page1.aspx") { Response.Redirect("~/page2.aspx"); }    i tried but if(Request.Url.contains ... url does not have contains .. i am using C#i tried Request.Url.Equals ... also not working.. ...

response.redirect gives page not found when button inside ajax
Hi Response.Redirect("ModifyEvaluations.aspx", true); // i have tried with false also this code does not work on web server. but works on local iis. this code is written on button click . button is inside update panel. I have similar problem with other click event redirect (all inside updatepanel)   please advise thanksalpesh       put the button outside of the update panel If i resolve this with button inside updatepanel , i can also resolve similar problem with other click event redirect (all inside updatepanel) on m...

Doing a Response.Redirect to another page. How do I pass a string from sending page to the destination page?
   I am doing a redirect to another page. I need to pass a string from the sending page to the recieving page.  How can I do this? I have heard that maybe I could store the string in the session id, but at this point in the project we are not sure we will be allowed to use sessions, because we might use a web farm. Anyway to make my self clearer, here is a better explanation of what is going on.    Response.Redirect("PageBBB.aspx");  // I am in PageAAA.aspx doing a redirect to PageBBB.aspx // How do I pass a string. Example : "This is the string to be passe...

AJAX, Master Pages, and Menu Control. How to prevent a full page refresh when redirecting from a menu click?
I am trying to create a site using the following: Master Pages AJAX.NET An ASP Menu Control (<asp:menu ... >) with a SiteMapDataSource CSS Friendly Adapters And other stuff not related to my problem I should also mention, that this is the first ASP.NET site I have ever done. I know I am taking on quite a load of challenges here attempting to use all of these things for the first time, but that's just how I roll :P   Overview: My site has a typical 2-column layout with a header and a footer. The menu control is in the header and the only ContentPlaceHolder is in the right column (the main content panel). I have created a beautiful (imho) UI that frames the left panel and main content panel that makes it look very shiny and 3D. The images used to create this look are obviously large and I don't want them to have to be redrawn every time there is a postback. Even though they are cached by this point, I just don't want the frickin screen to flash at the user. I just want the content to update. The Problem: I mistakenly thought that by using Master Pages the ContentPlaceHolder would react similar to how frames do (ie. one frame changes while the rest of the frames do not get redrawn). But this is not the case. I want to be able to simply click on an item in the menu control, and have just the content in the ContentPlaceHolder update without having the entire page go blank for a second as it is all redrawn. What I Am Trying: I have placed ...

page redirect and button click on the redirected page at the same time...
I have this scenario: Initially user is  on Page1 and when user click on hyperlink on this page it redirects the user to another Page2 and click the button on Page2 at the same time.  The reason i want to click on button at the time Page1 has been redirected to Page2 because 'button click' on Page2 opens a pdf kind of report. Please suggest , how i can implement this?      why you don't move the code that shows the report from page2 to the first page , this way the user just click a button then you show the report .let me know if it...

Is Ajax features invalid if set an "ajax page" as an "iframe page" of another main page????
  HI Guys: I upgraded my atlas web application to the ajax v1.0 version and found  a series problem: the ajax feature ( "no postback" ) is invalid in an "iframed page"!!  For exsample: I develop an ajax page A------- yes, it has scriptManager , updatepanel, some buttons in it and so on……,  if I open the page in a unique IE brower, everyting works fine , i can savor the amoratic breeze of ajax effects; however , If I open page B where these codes place:  <iframe src=http://page A url   width="700px" height="700px" scrolling="...

Response.Redirects sometimes redirect to wrong page
Strange error. I have some buttons wired to do a response.redirect, but (rareley) they sometimes redirect to the wrong page. I have never seen this before. The app does not break, but I need to try to troubleshoot it. Any help appreciated.--[_]-[_]--AGENT_SMITH a bit of code would help along with an example of where you might be re-directed besides the correct page? Nothing earth-shattering... private void btnHome_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { Response.Redirect("../"); } Redirects to ../reports/report.aspx --[_]-[_]--AGENT_SMITH I'm s...

Page with slow response after post needs loading image until response redirects to another page
 We have a page that loads results from a web service.  You can then page through the results, but each page requires another request to the web service.  This means there is a slow response time from the moment "Previous" or "Next" is clicked, where the page you are looking at simply sits there.  I am tasked to add a loading image, without ajax if possible.  I can easily change the visibility of the loading image clientside with javascript. The problem is that once the "post" is made via the server side click event, the page just sits there as before, but the loading gif animation does not display as an animation.  It just freezes. Is there a client-side approach to handle this without using ajax?  There's a lot you can do without using some type of ajax mechanism.  What your browser does between the time you send out a request and get a response from the server is completely out of control.  IE likes to hang, FireFox likes to sit a bit longer on the previous page, and others just immediately blank out the screen.  Your situation is exactly why the need for ajax arose in the first place :) Indeed, I have discovered that the problem is Internet Explorer.  Here is a thread with several work-arounds to try:http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90647 ...

Page Compression and Ajax.net
Helloi use this code to compress pages.  1 void Zip(object sender, EventArgs e)2 {3 HttpResponse resp = ((HttpApplication)sender).Response;4 HttpRequest req = ((HttpApplication)sender).Request;5 6 string absolutePath = req.Url.AbsolutePath;7 string ext = absolutePath.Substring(absolutePath.LastIndexOf('.') + 1);8 if (!String.IsNullOrEmpty(ext))9 {10 ext = ext.ToLower();11 if (ext.Equals("aspx") || ext.Contains("htm"))...

Response.Redirect () function auto redirect to Cannot display this page ????
I have a webform call T2.aspx that have a button, When I click on this Button,  It's return to T1.aspx . But the problem is that when I click on this button It's display this picture below.T2.aspx code isHTML Part   <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="T2.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="Ask.T2" %><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" ><HTML>    <HEAD>        <title>T2</title>        <meta name="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft Visual S...

How to catch page not found when redirecting using response.redirect.
There is a virtual path(http://server1/files/test.xls). From asp.net web app, I have to redirect to above path. If test.xls does not exist in the path, I have to display unauthorized page. I tried using if (File.Exists(Server.MapPath(URL))) but it gives an error "it is not a valid virtual path". Please help.If this answered your question, please mark as an answer so others will know too. you can do a default redirect on a 404 by setting it in the web.config <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="~/Misc/ErrorPage.aspx">          <error statusCode="404" redirect="~/Misc/404Page.aspx"/>    </customErrors> Jeev~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer. Am sorry, I think I was not clear. Actually, data is the string variable and it will keep changing based on the user input. I need to check if that .xls file is there in the virtual path and if that is not there, I need to redirect to Unauthorized page.  string URL ="http://Server1/" + data + ".xls";  if (File.Exists(Server.MapPath(URL)))     //This fails and the error is "'http://Server1/test.xls' is not a valid virtual path." {Response.Redirect(URL,false)) else { Response.Redirect("~\\UnAuthorized.aspx", true); }    If this answered y...

Response.Redirect in C# for page to page parameter passing
Looking for examples of this, but can't find anything specific. I'm new to ASP.NET, and C# at the same time... so I'm struggling to get it right...  Thanks, NickThanks...“To teach is to learn twice.” – Joseph Joubert Hi. You can pass parameters in the querystring: Response.redirect("otherpage.aspx?id=5") And in "otherpage.aspx" read the values: int id = Response.QueryString("id") Try the below code to redirect to a webform and pass a query string parameter Response.Redirect("WebForm2.aspx?id=123"); And on webform2.aspx, if you want to retreive the value for id use the below co...

AJAX.NET Issue/Bug with Redirection
I was developing my web app, using the latest ASP.NET AJAX RC build, and I noticed something strange when it comes to redirection. I was hoping something could explain why it happens, or if it's a bug. Here's the scenario: I have a web app that has a standard login page, which when the user authenticates, redirects them to the main page of the application. So at first everything was working fine and on the login page, when the user authenticated, I did a standard Response.Redirect("myapp.aspx",true). No problems, all of the functionality of AJAX was working just fine. So then I decided to ...

Redirecting out of AJAX-enabled aspx page
Hi, Is there some way to leave [ programmatically, e.g. response.redirect(url) ] an AJAX-enabled aspx page? I seem to have missed something in basic ASP .NET or perhaps a parameter in the Ajax ScriptManager control that would not allow for leaving the page? My page has Ajax partial rendering of a ListBox control, and a Button. I have tried the <ASP:BUTTON ... > control, and also the client-side <INPUT Type="Button" ... > control with identical results. MS says that some controls cause post while others do not (they behave the same here). In the button_click event, I've tried a ...

BUG: Server.Transfer from a non AJAX page to an AJAX page in a different folder
Hi folks,I have some code that was working fine with a previous version of Atlas (v2.0.50727) but when we upgraded it to the release version it causes a HttpUnhandledException to be thrown with a stack trace as follows:at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)   at ASP.search_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)   at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.ExecuteInternal(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage, VirtualPath path, VirtualPath filePath, String physPath, Exception error, String queryStringOverride) A summary of the issue: The code in question is a Server.Transfer in the MasterPage code behind which is invoked via a search box in the MasterPage. The target of the Server.Transfer is "~/Search.aspx?keyword=searchterm" If the page using the MasterPage is in the same folder/path (eg ~/About.aspx) then things work fine.  If the page is in a sub folder (eg ~/Reviews/Default.aspx) then the above exception is thrown.I believe...

Response.redirect not working on the page redirected to by using server.transfer
I am  using server.transfer to redirect from one aspx page to other aspx  so that i can access the httpcontext values from the parent page.I am using server.transfer to come back to the parent to persist with the values selected by the user on the form(I am not using history.back to have serverside control).  But the problem I am facing is that after coming back to the parent aspx page using server.transfer, when I try going from here(parent page) to some other page using response.redirect then it is showing a blank white page and not going any where else.Proble...

Redirect from registration page in a subfolder to another page than the login page
Hi! I have a web application with a root, containing all my secure files like the Login page and the Welcome page. Therefore, I have the following settings in the config file: <authentication mode="Forms"> <forms loginUrl = "login.aspx" protection = "Encryption" timeout = "130" path = "/" /> </authentication> <authorization> <deny users="?" /> </authorization> and the following code in the login.aspx.cs, which is processed when the password matches with a password stored in a database: FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie(TBUsername.Text,false)...

how to refresh parent page if the child page redirected to another page.
hi all,        I have a question on how to refresh the parent page if the child page redirected to another page . for example. i have a parent page  and use javascript window.open to open new page called child A page.After that, if i click on the button on Child A page, Child A page will  be redirect to Child B page. Finally , once i click on the confirm button on Child B page, the child B page will make the parent page refresh and close itself.          Question is ... How can I refresh the parent page even ...

issue with response.redirect vb.net code
 I have an if statement in my page load event that will check 2 global variables and verify they are set to a user name and user ID. If they are not they will redirect the user back to the log in page. The actual code is going into th IF statement, but not processing the response.redirect. Not sure why. I placed a msgbox in the part with this piece of code and it fires off, but my page does not go to my log in page like I want it to. I basically want to veify that someone is not going directly to that web page before logging in. This is working fine on my edit page. Any ideas why this w...

How do you open a new page in ajax .net ModalPopup?
 In classic asp I used new Ajax.Request('/default.asp', {..... But in .net I can't seem to find anything about opening a new modal popup of a new page. Thanks.  To really show another page in a modal popup you would have to use an iframe inside the popup.-- "Mark As Answer" if my reply helped you --...

1 request for 10 pages in Ajax .NET
Hi all. I'm a beginer in Ajax .NET. In my old ASP web site I used AJAX with the simple periodical  XMLHttpRequest. Because i have many pages that needs to be updated i used a single request for all data that needs to be displayed in all pages. The data and "time stamps" are stored in cookies so everytime a page needs to be updated first it search in the cookie if the specific data for that page data is recently updated. For example. I have 10 pages. Each page can make XMLHttpRequest. But each page will make that request only if what...

System.Web.UI.Page and Ajax.net
 İ use .net 2005 and ajax.net.Normally i use System.Web.UI.Page,my webpage is working.But in here we use other page that extends System.Web.UI.Page.if i extend my class to our  webpage my ajax.net isn't  working. My error explanation is: sys.webfrom.pagerequestmanagerparserErrorException:the message received from the server could not beparsed.Common causes for this error are when the response is modifies by calls to Response.write(),response filters,httpmodules,or server trace is enabled. Details:Error parsing near'itle||Untitled PAge|<script language=J...

page redirects on page load
hi I have this page which is redirected to another paeon page load event   What change i did ? earlier this was qworking fine This is a form form when submitted an email is sent. this control returns back to this same page so i added   response.redirect to direct contorl to another page after sending email that is in button click event   but when ever this page is loaded it redirects it to same page without clicking button   please help what is wrong?   Please elaborate ur problem and u can check out for wheter is postback or not . Al...

Web resources about - I wrote code Response.Redirect then page is not redirected to reqquested page ( ajax.net) - asp.net.ajax-discussion

Category:Wikipedia soft redirected project pages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Agile Artisans: You'll be redirected in just a moment...
Agile Artisans: You'll be redirected in just a moment...

Logged-Out Users Cannot See Facebook Pages’ Content; Redirected To News Feed After Login
Web surfers who are not logged in to Facebook and try to access pages on the social network are landing on the news feed once they input their ...

Flickr: The Help Forum: [locked, redirected] flickr now censoring all moderate and restricted photos ...

Prank of the Day: Someone Bought Anti-Gay Group’s Expired Domain Name, Redirected It to Gay Porn
Anti-gay protesters were picketing outside the Carolina Rebellion rock festival at the Charlotte Motor Speedway earlier this month, so one of ...

Smartphones redirected to Candy Crush, porn sites automatically - Technology - Tech News and Latest New ...
IT IS truly a 21st century problem, but one with potentially very serious implications. It may have even happened to you.

Smartphones redirected to Candy Crush, porn sites automatically
IT IS truly a 21st century problem, but one with potentially very serious implications. It may have even happened to you.

Bill Shorten's leadership ballot under scrutiny after Sam Dastyari's office redirected papers
The integrity of the vote that installed Bill Shorten as federal Labor leader has been brought into question by an official ALP tribunal which ...

Attack on Dailymotion redirected visitors to exploits
Attackers injected malicious code into Dailymotion.com, a popular video sharing website, and redirected visitors to Web-based exploits that installed ...

$200m redirected from wages to childcare training
THE Abbott government will redirect about $200 million that was meant to go to lifting childcare wages to helping long day care services with ...