How to fire the server event from client side?

 Hello, everybody.

I need to fire the server event from client side.

Is it possible?

thanks in advavance.

0
Andrew

 Which server event do you want to fire?

Regards Mike
[MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]
My site
0
Mikesdotnetting
6/19/2007 12:53:21 PM

 I have button on server side and I need to fire the click event via AJAX.NET.

0
Andrew
6/19/2007 12:54:48 PM

You don't need Ajax.  Javascript will do it: http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread495511.html

Regards Mike
[MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]
My site
0
Mikesdotnetting

How to fire a server side Sub after client side event?
Hi,  How can i fire a server side event after a client side event..? For example, just an example, i want to show a "message box" - The debugging one: MsgBox(stuffs), or calls any other functions which requires the clicked button's id? I took a look on stuffs like getPostBackEventReference()... Did i in the wrong way? Any help or quick sample would be very much appreciated!! :D Hi, you can call the doPostBack (first argument is the control-Id) method, see my code snippet:<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Testpage.aspx.cs" Inhe...

what client-side and server-side events are fired when button X is hit?
Folks,In a web aspx page, I use a client-side (javascript) button named "Cancel" so when users hit it, if the data they enter is not saved yet, then this client-side button prompts users to save data before the page is closed. I code this client-side button with event "onclick" and thing like <input type=button ... onclick="btnCancelClick();" >   My question is if users hit the right top corner button X (next to the maximize and minimize buttons also on the top right corner of the aspx web window page), then what client-side (javascript) and serv...

Need to send a id string from client side to server side and fire a event
Hi EveryoneI'm having a problem with my ajax script. I'm trying to send a  id string from client side to server side and want to fire a server side event. I have no clue how to do this. Can anyone point me in the right direction ? Take a look at the GetWebRequest, PostWebRequest, and OnWebRequestCompleted JavaScript samples in the AJAX documentation. Lambert You can add static page methods to an ASP.NET page and mark them as Web methods. You can then call these methods from script as if they were part of a Web service, but without creating a separate .asmx file. To create Web metho...

client side click handler / server-side command event doesn't fire
I am rewriting an old control of mine to be more AJAX-friendly. It is a subclass of Button that disables itself when clicked, so that the user can't, say, double post a credit card payment. I have some javascript code for the prototype including this: _onClick : function(e) { if(this.get_element() && !this.get_element().disabled && this._DisableAfterClick == true) { this.get_element().disabled = true; if (this._DisabledText != null && this._DisabledText.length > 0) { this.get_element().value = this._DisabledText; } } //this.get_element().form.s...

"Push" messages to Atlas/Ajax Client or Client-side event handling of server messages
What I'm looking for is the ability for the client-side Ajax/Atlas GUI to be able to update itself when events occur on the server. The issue is that the events are triggered from a third party, and aren't triggered by postback. For example, let's say there's a Queue of data on the server, and each time a new item is added to the Queue, I want the client to recognize the addition and display the new item. Right now, the only way I can think of doing this is by setting up an Ajax timer and checking the state of the Queue on every timer tick. While this doesn't cause the page to refresh/postba...

Help with client side events Vs. server side events
Hi, Can someone look as the following script and tell me why marking the check box doesn't generate a client side event eventhough there's: onclick="checkClick()"? marked.  Thanks in advance, Sivan <%@ Page Language="c#" %><HTML> <HEAD>  <meta name="vs_targetSchema" content="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5"> </HEAD> <body>  <SCRIPT language="c#" runat="Server">  void Page_Load(object s, EventArgs e) {  if (!Page.IsPostBack)  {   Label1.Text = Label...

Start Client Timer from Server Event and start server Event from client event
All of you, I have a big challenge which i'm not able to resolve. I need some experts with samples on this. Situation for a webbased quiz system I have a data set with e.g. 5 questions. The process should be like 1. Load Question 1 from database, there is also a picture and a MP3 sound file 2. I connect the MP3 sound file to a webcontrol I've written to play Mp3 with a flashmovie. 3. Once this mp3 is played (the question is read for people with reading problems) an Event should be raised from the client to the server. 4. The event from 3 should start a Countdown timer (15 se...

Client vs. Server Side AJAX.Net
I am curious to know what the advantages and disadvantages are to using the client side declarative style AJAX controls vs. the server side.  I can't seem to think of too many reasons why I would go to the client side libraries when I can use all the power of ASP.NET (debugging, compiling, controls) and just wrap them in a UpdatePanel.   It also seems kind of counter productive to use the client side libraries because they don't utilize all the cool new developments of ASP.NET.  Am  I missing something?  Do the client AJAX libraries give you m...

firing server side button click from client event
Hi, Is it possible to fire button_click (server side event ) from client side event like page_load etc. Why I need this because I am doing post back on a page and showing some auditing data  to the user. Once the user clicks on the back button (on browser) it says page has expired. Is there any way of avoiding page expiration. It says cannot submit the information. need to refresh etc. Is there any way that when user goes back I fire that submit event myself from client side onload event. Or will it still show page has expired before even my client side onloa...

Generate a server-side event fired by the client using _invoke()
Dear Reader, SituationI have a textbox control where a user can fill in characters (Artist). During typing characters the gridview will befiltered. The textbox has a OnTextChanged event that gets fired when the control loses focus and the text hasbeen changed, but alll I want is that an event gets fired when the user enters characters (OnKeyDown event) whichI tried to solve using Ajax. Not yet the whole solution...I thought I found a solution using the function _invoke from JavaScript. This function calls a function on the serverand returns a result. Now, I can filter the DataView bounded ...

How to fire server event from Timer tic server event
I got 2 update Panels. Update Panel 1 – have timer + server event timer_tickUpdate Panel 2 – have textbox + server event TextBox1_TextChanged.             How to fire server event from Timer tic server event  - and raise the TextBox1_TextChanged server event????? On the cod billow the TextBox1_TextChanged dosnt raise.  protected void Timer1_Tick(object sender, EventArgs e) { this.Title = DateTime.Now.ToLongTimeString(); if( Session[ "aa" ] == null ) Session[ "aa" ] =...

Client Side events and Server side binding
I want to filter a dataset, server side and bind it to a select control. Problem is my filtering must be done based on the text written by the user in a text input. To get this text i'm using client side keyboard events. I tried to use client side binding and it works fine, but the problem is my dataset has more than 10000 rows, and so the performance is awful. Only thing i can do i think is to rebind the select control to a filtered dataset, improving performance. This is my code at the moment: In the aspx: static HtmlSelect _control = null; [WebMethod(EnableSession = true)] publi...

Client side/server side event race.
 Hi.  I've got a page that 1) Takes some text fields as input2) Does some math calculations on the input (server side via a "calculate" button click)3) Then opens a new window with some detailed information (client side, via a "view report" button click)The server needs to "calculate" before the user can click "view report" so I start with "view report" disabled.  I've got input validation on the "calculate" click, and at the end, I enable the "view report" button.  Everything is working well wi...

Web resources about - How to fire the server event from client side? - asp.net.ajax-discussion

Server farm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A server farm or server cluster is a collection of computer servers usually maintained by an enterprise to accomplish server needs far beyond ...

Turkey internet servers under sustained cyber attack: internet body
Turkish internet servers have suffered one of the most intense cyberattacks ever seen in the country over the past week, raising fears Ankara ...

Cock.li e-mail server seized by German authorities, admin announces
(credit: Vincent Canfield ) In a new video statement posted on Monday, the administrator of novelty e-mail provider cock.li announced that one ...

Intel: Deutsche Bank Models Altera Contribution to Server Biz
Shares of Intel ( INTC ) are down 35 cents, or 1%, at $34.63, after the company this morning announced the formal closing of its $17 billion ...

Amazon deal: Save $85 on this Sony portable wireless server
Smartphones' memory storage gets filled so quickly these days thanks to photos, videos and more, so get yourself a handy portable wireless server ...

Facebook releases design for its souped-up A.I. server, 'Big Sur'
Facebook is releasing the hardware design for a server it uses to train artificial intelligence (A.I.) software, allowing other companies exploring ...

Applebee’s Server Returns $32,000 In Cash Family Accidentally Left On The Table
... and scored a huge tip from some abnormally generous person, and you figure the money is yours to keep. Or, if you’re like one Applebee’s server ...

Former Intelligence Chief Calls ‘Top Secret’ Info on Hillary’s Server ‘Unreal’
Former Intelligence Chief Calls ‘Top Secret’ Info on Hillary’s Server ‘Unreal’

Quanta, Wiwynn to compete for orders for servers small- to medium-size datacenters
As competition for orders for datacenter-use servers from Google, Facebook, Amazon and Microsoft has become intense and the companies have added ...

Hillary Clinton's private server had two 'top secret' emails
Those concerns that Hillary Clinton's private email server had classified intel? They're apparently well-founded. Sources for Fox News and Politico ...