How to enable ajax (Use AJAX Controls) in my Web Control Library project

I have VS2005 with Ajax extended controls.

i have created a Web Control Library project, but i want to use ajax controls. is it possible.

I do not want to create a ajax enabled web site, but looking if any possible in my web control library project.

Please let me know and thanks in advance.

dilip12

Yes. If you want to create User Control which contains a lot of web controls and Ajax control, you can create an User Control with Ajax Control to achieve it.

If you want to create a Custom Control with Ajax, I suggest you build a new Extender. Please check the below link: http://www.asp.net/AJAX/AjaxControlToolkit/Samples/Walkthrough/CreatingNewExtender.aspx

Vince Xu
Microsoft Online Community Support
Vince

Configure AJAX extensions to enable AJAX controls ***WITHOUT*** using web.config file
I've inherited a legacy application that has many issues.  I'm not going to get into specifics or debates about what *should* be done; I know what *should* be done, but right now I have to <sigh> 'get 'er done'.So here's what I need to do:I need to get the AJAX controls working WITHOUT using the configuration file.  Of course things work great if I update the configuration file declaritively, but that's not option.Now with WF I can set my managers (such as adding the persistence service or adding the manual scheduler service) declaritively or in co...

How to create the AJAX controls in Web Control Library project
Hi,   How can i get the Ajax controls in the web control library project. Actually i am trying to create a dll that will be deployed into the Sharepoint. i created a .cs file with a button and a text box and deployed into the Sharepotin2007 and working fine. but i want to use ajax controls in the project.  Note: I am using VS2005, AJAX extend controls 1.1, .net 2.0 framework Any idea would help me to proceed with AJAX   Thanks -D Hi dilip12  In your scenario, I would like to suggest you try to read the following blog article, which talks about this topic:&...

Ajax-Enabled Web Site vs Ajax Control Toolkit Web Site
I just start to use Ajax and noticed when I create a new web site from command menu, I have two options, ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled Web Site from "Visual Studio installed templates" and AJAX Control Toolkit Web Site from "My templates". The first option created prefix like <ajaxToolkit:###> while the second created prefix with <cc1:#####>. Can you point me the differences between those two templates.  Thanks! The Ajax Control Toolkit has around 40 controls which works on top of Core Ajax Framework. Starting with the Control Toolkit template will ensur...

How do I use AJAX controls when my site was not created with AJAX enabled?
My site is not originally created with AJAX Conotrol Toolkit Web Site. How do I use the TabContainer and TabPanel? Step 1 - Add the following references to your project... .NET: System.Web.Extensions .NET: System.Web.Extensions.Design PROJECT / BROWSE: AjaxControlToolkit Step 2 - Modify your web.config (add in the bits you don't have)   <configSections> <sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"> <s...

using AJAX controls with a non AJAX enabled website?
I am using VWD 2005, and have just installed ASP.NET AJAX 1.0/Toolkit. I have an existing website which is not obviously AJAX enabled (because I have only just installed AJAX). If I want to use AJAX controls with this website do I first need to 'upgrade' the website to AJAX enabled? and if so how do I do this?   Cheers MArco Marco Gwiliani http://www.asp.net/LEARN/webcasts/webcast-141.aspxThanks and RegardsS.K.Vignesh----------------------Do remember to "Mark as answer" for this post or the post that helped you solve...

Concerns about using AJAX controls in a Non AJAX enabled Website
Platform VS 2005, VB.net  I created my existing asp.net Website without AJAX controls and today I ran into a situation where I need to use an AJAX control.  I download the AJAX Extensions and AJAX Control ToolKit.  I would like to add a calendar extension control to one of my existing webpages that has a Formview1 control. I thinking just like the example, add a script manager control to the page and the calendar extension and everything should work without me have to redo the whole web application or page in a AJAX enabled website.  I not su...

AJAX Master Page, AJAX Web Form and AJAX Client Control Question?
I gues to get the ball rolling I have VS 2008 and I am creating ASP.NET websites. I have programmed with VS 2005 and always had to add AJAX features by hand. Now in VS 2008 you have new templates AJAX Master Page, AJAX Web Form, AJAX Client Behavior, AJAX Client Control, AJAX Client Library, AJAX-embeded WCF Service On these three templates AJAX Master Page, AJAX Web Form and AJAX Client Control. What makes them different from normal templates? Is it just a matter of adding the script manager to the page or is using a AJAX Master Page have a huge benefit over doing individual pages? I have...

Ajax Control Toolkit vs. Ajax Enabled Web Site Template
Hi, After installed the Ajax extension, we have Ajax Enabled Web Site template in our Visual Studio, after installed the Control Toolkit extension, we have another Control Toolkit template, what is the difference of these two template? I can't figure out the different since both works for me. I believe the only difference is that the toolkit template automatically references the toolkit.  Both should have made the web.config changes needed to make the site ASP.NET AJAX enabled.Encosia - ASP.NET, AJAX, and more.Latest article: Using complex types to make calling services less… co...

Converting Non Ajax enabled project - to an Ajax enabled
I have a new requirement which needs a calendar control as in the ajax toolkit.But my application is in VS 2005 and is not an ajax enabled project. How difficult is it to convert the project to an ajax enabled one?If it is relatively easy to do it, will the conversion affect the behavior of the other pages within the projectwhich essentially dont use ajax functionality? Can someone please advise ? Hi,Converting your web application to Ajax enabled is very simple. It won't affect the other pages in you application.You can read about it in the following links:How Do I:Add ASP.NET AJAX ...

Use Ajax controls within web control
Is there any example that show how to write a custom web control (one that doesn't have aspx) and use Ajax controls ? I have a user control consisting of a panel the modalpopupextender. I have a copy of the aspx and .cs file in all the sites.  I want to turn it into a control so I can re-use it. How can I achive it? Hi Thanhhuynh, Basically, you can drag it into your customer control without doing any other special settings. Ajax Control Toolkits work depend on ScriptManager or ToolkitScriptManager. Please make sure that the ScriptManager should be located before the e...

How to instantiate an AJAX control inside a custom AJAX control
Hi I want to include a ToggleButton control inside a custom AJAX control.  How can I instantiate an instance of the ToggleButton in my Javascript?  If I create an instance of the ToggleButton in C# code, how could the Javascript pick it up?  Thank you,  ltlwinger   http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb397487.aspx Final Answer.Good Luck this._pin = $create(AjaxControlToolkit.ToggleButtonBehavior, { 'id': this.get_id() + "_ToggleButton", 'CheckedImageUrl': 'images/collapse.jpg', 'UncheckedImageUrl': '...

ajax.net controls used in custom composite controls?
I am creating an events calendar that uses the accordion to display the events for the selected day.  The problem I'm having is that the accordion is not responding to any client side events.  I would really like to find a good "How to" article for building composite controls that incorporate an ajax.net control like the accordion....

Does the AJAX Control Toolkit always use AJAX?
I have not seen this question answered anywhere yet, but does anyone know if the Control Toolkit always uses Async postbacks for all its operations. For instance the hovermenu or filteredtexbox, for example, should not need to do an async postback. As far as I can see the hover menu does not, but i could be wrong. Does anyone know if this is the case and if so do you know which controls do not postback? We don't have this information compiled anywhere, but it's generally simple enough to tell from having a look at the code. FilteredTextBox, for example, doesn't do any postbacks of any...

How to integrate AJAX controls in a non-AJAX project?
Hello. I have an ASP.NET website without AJAX. I just installed AJAX extensions and the control toolkit. I want to use these AJAX tools, especially the AutoCompleteExtender, in this website. I have been able to create a new AJAX enabled website and include the AJAX components but when I try to do the same for the old website, the AJAX controls don't work. So is there a way to convert an ASP.NET website to be AJAX-enabled? Thanks  Hey,The Ajax enabled template is just a template that will create a normal website with some ajax configuration entries in it's web.config f...

Web resources about - How to enable ajax (Use AJAX Controls) in my Web Control Library project - asp.net.ajax-discussion