How to convert an existing web site to AJAX-Enabled Web Site

I have a large Web Site and I would like to start using some of the new AJAX tools.  Is there an easy clean way to AJAX-Enable my web site?

I tried copying all everything out of the bin folder of a new AJAX-Enable web site into my existing site but it does not seem to be working.  I am in VS 2005 using vb.net.

Thanks,

Chad

0
howellchad

What you did so far is good, there is one more step needed. Start a new Ajax project, and examine carefully it's web.config. Compare it with your one and add sections (in appropriate places) related to ajax.

Best regards,
Andrei
0
AndreiH

Converting a nonAJAX-enabled web site to an AJAX-enabled web site
I've discovered some great AJAX tools I'd like to use in a web site I'm building, but the problem is, I did not start this project as an AJAX-enabled site. Unfortunately, I've got roughly 100 hours into this site and don't want to scrap the entire project and start fresh.  Is there a way to "convert" my existing ASP.NET site into an AJAX-enabled site to utilize the AJAX toolkit?  BTW... I'm using Visual Studio 2005 and all pages are in VB.  Once you install ajax extensions for vs 2005, you should get the  option to create a new projec...

Ajax-Enabled Web Site vs Ajax Control Toolkit Web Site
I just start to use Ajax and noticed when I create a new web site from command menu, I have two options, ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled Web Site from "Visual Studio installed templates" and AJAX Control Toolkit Web Site from "My templates". The first option created prefix like <ajaxToolkit:###> while the second created prefix with <cc1:#####>. Can you point me the differences between those two templates.  Thanks! The Ajax Control Toolkit has around 40 controls which works on top of Core Ajax Framework. Starting with the Control Toolkit template will ensur...

Convert web site to Ajax
I am new in this field and I have develop my first web application in VB.Net.  I want to use ajax in my web forms because I want to use timer to my project. I installed AJAX in my machine. I know that I can create a new web site in VS 2005 and select ASP.Net AJAX - Enabled Siteand then copy all the web forms and datasets from my existing web application to this new AJAX application to be able to use AJAX. My question is, how can I use AJAX in already existing web application?  Cheers Nikos you must add some tag in your webconfig try this link http:/...

Problem in converting Ajax based web site to Ajax based web application project
hi, i faced a problem in converting Ajax based web site project to Ajax based web application project  .i got  build errors of script manager,update panel,update progress whereever i use these controls in my applocation even i have already added all the respective dll files needed for this     In vplayer.designer.cs declaration of class as folllowing way:   public partial class VPlayer { protected System.Web.UI.ScriptManager scriptmanager1; protected System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel UpdatePanel1; protected System.Web.UI.UpdateProgress Updat...

Converting Web Site to Web Application (AJAX web service goes missing)
I have just completed (almost) an exercise to convert a web site to a web app (acedemic reasons - just to see the differences).A few bumps on the road such as copying class files to the new solution and wondering for a while why the classes did not show up.  It was because the properties for the class file were "content" rather than "compile".  Also copied all my images to a newly created image folder outside the IDE.  There is no context menu item to refresh a folder in the Web App so it was out of the car and back in to fix that.One problem remains. ...

Ajax call web services failed after convert web site into web project
Hi Guys I have one web site application and use ajax call web services. it is working very well. 1. Master page set up scriptmanager with webservices path. 2. Web service inside web site application under app_code named ajaxwebservice.cs 3. Javascript call ret=ajaxwebservice.method(id, oncomplete(),ontimeout(),onerror()); But after I convert web site into web application project, the ret=ajaxwebservice.method(id, oncomplete(),ontimeout(),onerror()); failed, the ajaxwebservice in undifined error. I use the same web.config, master page, I put my ajaxwebservice.asmx and ajaxwebservic...

adding Ajax to my non-Ajax .NET web site
Hi all I've a site that i developed by .NET (visual studio.net 2005 - VB.net) and want to add Ajax into the pages now. I've downloaded required AJAX tools and be able to develop AJAX enabled pages but want to integrate ajax features to existing pages. Could you please help me how i can do this? Thanksmcb Look at the videos here: http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/  (number 7 in particular)Steve Wellens My blog if a web site is a normal asp web site then u have to add these lines in web.config under the system.web tag         <httpHand...

running a ajax enabled web site on the server that not support ajax,
Hi, Can i run ajax(or atlas) enabled web site on the server that not support ajax, if yes, please describe,(i am new in ajax and .net) thanks   Just copy the ajax dlls to you application's bin directory.Refer to http://forums.asp.net/thread/1480481.aspx for more information. I do this, but i get this error page : Server Error in '/' Application. Security Exception Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or ch...

Ajax Control Toolkit vs. Ajax Enabled Web Site Template
Hi, After installed the Ajax extension, we have Ajax Enabled Web Site template in our Visual Studio, after installed the Control Toolkit extension, we have another Control Toolkit template, what is the difference of these two template? I can't figure out the different since both works for me. I believe the only difference is that the toolkit template automatically references the toolkit.  Both should have made the web.config changes needed to make the site ASP.NET AJAX enabled.Encosia - ASP.NET, AJAX, and more.Latest article: Using complex types to make calling services less… co...

Adding Ajax to existing web site (2.0) error on web.config
Hi all,  I try to add Ajax to existing web site (2.0). I got a bunch error on the web.config file as below. but, if I remove the <system.web.extensions> and  <system.webServer>, there is no error. but, I cannot use toolkit. if I use toolkit, I got error too. please help.   --------------------------------------------------------------------- Message 1 Could not find schema information for the element 'system.web.extensions'.  Message 2 Could not find schema information for the element 'scripting'.  Message&nb...

Migrating 2005 AJAX-Enabled Web Site to 2005 SP1 Web Application Project
Maybe I had a poor subject line in my last post.  Maybe I am too impatient, but this stuff shouldn't be that difficult...Has anyone else had difficulties converting a 2005 AJAX-Enabled web site to 2005 SP1 Web App Project?  Specifically with UserControls or Server Controls and User Controls inside AJAX Update Panels? I have been trying to upgrade my existing VS 2005 Web Site to a Web Application (that comes with SP1).  I followed Scott's migration tutorial [ http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx ] but I have many problems regarding ...

Move from non-ajax site to ajax-enabled site
Hello all! please help! In tutorial video it was easy to start using ajax by creating ajax-enabled site.Now I have situation, when I developed complicated site without ajax, then installed ajax extensions.But: in "enabled" new site - ajax works perfect. In my old site - same code doesnt work at all. How could I enable ajax in already developed site??? (without rewriting it from the very beginning in ajax-enabled template)  Hi Vorlosha, What I've done, as a quick fix, is create a new ajax enabled website, copy the web.config, and paste it into your non-ajax web...

Ajax error calling Web Service from Web Application Project vs Web Site
I am implementing the code from the Asp.Net Ajax Video Demo “How Do I: Make Client-Side Network Callbacks with ASP.NET AJAX?”  The Web page is generating a javascript error (‘SimpleService’ is undefined) and is unable to recognize the Web service.  The downloaded examples work, however I have created the Demo (both the page and the web service) in a Web Application Project, rather than a Web Site.  The demo uses a Web site.  Because of this the page does not recognize the Web service. To ask the question another way: What needs to be done differently in a Web Service...

The web site suggestions when you start to type in a web site are no where near what the web site is that I want to go to.
Name: Zachary Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: The web site suggestions when you start to type in a web site are no where near what the web site is that I want to go to. Comments: The web site suggestions are not even close to the web site I want to go to. In Firefox 2 the web site suggestions were perfect, where when you started to type in a web site the web site that you wanted came up in the suggestions if you've been to that web site before. But now in Firefox 3 it also goes by the web sites heading which I don't like. For example, if I wanted to go to fa...

Web resources about - How to convert an existing web site to AJAX-Enabled Web Site - asp.net.ajax-discussion

AJAX widget security enabled
OpenAjax Alliance Hub 2.0 is offered to isolate third-party widgets