Getting JavaScipt Error Intermittently While using AJAx Update Panel, AJAX Toolkit Control

I am using UpdatePanel, ModalPopupExtender and CollapsiblePanelExtender in my ASP.NET. Locally on WinXP, everythng is working okay. But on production envirnment, I am getting JavaScript errors intermittently. I am pasting error below. When I try to debug, it shows error in "ScriptResource.xsd?d=xxxxxxx"

Error: 'ig_csom' is undefined

// use igcsom.getElementById wherever is possible
function igtbl_getElementById(tagId)
{

    if(!document) return;

    var obj=ig_csom.getElementById(tagId);    <======================= ERROR IS HERE
    if(obj && obj.length && typeof(obj.tagName)=="undefined")
    {
        var i=0;
        while(i<obj.length && (obj[i].id!=tagId || !igtbl_isVisible(obj[i]))) i++;
        if(i<obj.length) obj=obj[i];
        else obj=obj[0];
    }
    return obj;
}

Did anyone get this issue and knows solution? Please let me know, if you need more information to understand the issue. Thanks.

0
amit

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you, but I am seeing the same thing. When I debug it also takes me to this same code. I am hoping that a second posting might help get this noticed.

 Thanks in advance for any help.

Anthony Farr
www.anthonyfarr.com
0
farroutt3fan

Getting Ajax Error when not using Ajax
VWD 2008 Express.  Visual Basic. "All of a sudden" I am getting the following error when I try to load a particular page in my site: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. Acce...

Does the AJAX Control Toolkit always use AJAX?
I have not seen this question answered anywhere yet, but does anyone know if the Control Toolkit always uses Async postbacks for all its operations. For instance the hovermenu or filteredtexbox, for example, should not need to do an async postback. As far as I can see the hover menu does not, but i could be wrong. Does anyone know if this is the case and if so do you know which controls do not postback? We don't have this information compiled anywhere, but it's generally simple enough to tell from having a look at the code. FilteredTextBox, for example, doesn't do any postbacks of any...

How Do I Use AJAX and AJAX Control Toolkit In Visual Studio 2008 When Targetting .NET 2.0 Framework?
I have recently converted a lot of Visual Studio 2003 / .NET Framework 1.1 projects to Visual Studio 2008 / .NET Framework 2.0.  I want to be able to use AJAX and AJAX Control Toolkit under Visual Studio 2008 while we target the .NET 2.0 Framework.  Unfortunately, we cannot target .NET Framework 3.5 because we need Windows 2003 Server for that and we only have Windows 2000.  I do not want to use Visual Studio 2005 either.  Is it possible to do what I want given these conditions?You can't stop entropy so why even try? The simple answer is yes.  What pr...

How to use Google Ajax Toolkit and Yahoo Ajax Toolkit in .Net 2.0
This is Ramesh,I know how work with MicroSoft  Ajax Toolkit, But i need : how to work with google and yahoo Ajax Toolkit's in .Net 2.0Is there any way to work  with google and yahoo Ajax Toolkit's in .Net 2.0 ?Please help any body as soon as,  Please Please Help me with in short time Thank youRamesh    Ramesh.M...

Getting this error on when trying to use ajax toolkit controls
HiI added a script manager to my master page and then I tried to use the validator callout but when I try to run it I get this errorSystem.Web.HttpException was unhandled by user code  Message="The Controls collection cannot be modified because the control contains code blocks (i.e. <% ... %>)."  Source="System.Web"  ErrorCode=-2147467259  StackTrace:       at System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child)       at AjaxControlToolkit.ScriptObjectBuilder.RegisterCssReferences(Control ...

ajax or not to ajax.
Heres a strange one for you. I have a textbox, a button and a gridview on a page. I enter some search text which returns 500 odd records in under a second. When i wrap the gridview in an updatepanel, set its update mode to "conditional" and the trigger to the button the page can take 2-4 seconds to render. I think the problem is down to page redering some how as my progress indicator stops at around the same time as the normal postback would appear. I have also noticed this very behaviour and have come to the conclusion that in cases like this it is better to hand code a XMLHttp...

My AJAX is not AJAXing!
Hi, I was having trouble with a new AJAX enabled code so I tried to just to do a simple test page. I did the simple Label control with button example covered in this tutorial http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax/tutorial-01-cs.aspx I'm having the same problem. Functionalitw-wise it works but the page is refreshing and flickering. That means it's not the code but maybe my set up. I'm using VisualStudio 2005 and the application is currenty .NET 2.0. In VS.NET, I do see the AJAX controls though. What could this be?Thanks,Sam did you install the Ajax extensions? Now, it's AJAXing!...

To AJAX, or not to AJAX?
Some body suggested to me to use AJAX. I figured it's not the brand name detergent nor the Dutch city. So here is what I have and please tell me if it ca be done with ajax, and perhaps point me to some examples, etc. The page contains several GridViews and FormViews that display data using several data calls. (Yeah, there is my first issue. Need to figure out how to cash all that.) This is an application that track work orders, so the top most FV has the user info and summary information of the work order. It is editable and so far it works well. There is also another set of infroamt...

How can I implement the following component using Ajax/ATLAS/Ajax Control Toolkit????
Hi All,      I'd like to implement something a little bit simmilar to a TreeView (with 2 levels). The structure I'd like to present is a set of Groups where one of them can be selected and then it expands (and collapses any previouslly opened group) presenting the subgroups and clicking on one of them it also expands to show the elements (also closing the previouslly opened groups).     MAIN GROUP 1 (opened)     --- GROUP 1 (closed)     --- GROUP2 (opened)     --------- ELEMENT 1   ...

I have an application without Ajax and I would like to add Ajax controls to it but get scriptmanager error
Hi, I have been working on an application. I started it without Ajax but I would like to add some controls so I downloaded Ajax Extentions and the Ajax Control Toolkit, I have configured my Webconfig so it supports Ajax by adding the code below. But when I add a control on one of the forms I get an error, I also added a scripmanagerproxy on that website and added a scriptmanager on the sitemaster which is being used by all the other pages. But I am extremely confused as to what I have to add and where? I can't seem to find an example or document that explains what you have...

Ajax controls/events in partial page updates w/o using Ajax UpdatePanel
 I company I work for has been using a old library ("slickback") which does XML-based form postbacks via javascript and replaces DIV tag sections (looks very much like how Ajax does panel updates).  It works somewhat okay for content updates w/o updating the page.  We'd like to someday move the whole system to AJAX but as of right now, there is no time to do so.We recently started using AJAX Controls such as the SliderExtender.  These work great......  until we do our slickback postback.  When the content is updated, the sliders disappear and all t...

AJAX: which is better more controls inside one update panel or few controls inside more update panels
hi in form that have many controls , gridview , formview, buttons, textboxes, etc. which is better, put them all in one update panel, or few controls in more update panels? i.e. gridview , formview, buttons, textboxes all in one update panel or gridview in update panel, formview in updat panel, buttons (that text needs to change based on some business rules) in update panel, etc? besides will tables and divs inside update panel affect AJAx performance?! Hi,    Putting too many controls in an update panel will certainly affect the performance. I have certainly faced it. ...

AJAX google map control (www.Reimers.dk) to work with Microsoft AJAX update panel
Hi,  I'm having trouble with this google map control that I downloaded from www.reimers.dk. I'm using the free version of the control. Now the trouble comes with it being used with Microsoft AJAX. What I want to do is when the user selects something from the map it should update a table (defined in an update panel). Since Reimer's control doesn't comply with standard event method structure I cannot use the required event as a trigger for update panel. Hence I'm stuck here. I'll probably will have to send an async event to get the update panel updated after ...

How to use Enableviewstate property of Label While using Update Panel of AJAX Controls?
Hello Everybody, I am using Update Panel control in my one section of the page. There is one Label showing messages while performing actions in that section. So I have set Enableviewstate property of the Label to False. For Example If i add some data then it will show "The Data added successfully". Now when user do some other action then that Label should not be visible to him. So what i am doing here is manually setting visible property of label to false. I have to do this task in every other actions of this section. So when i do not use update panel then automatically th...

Web resources about - Getting JavaScipt Error Intermittently While using AJAx Update Panel, AJAX Toolkit Control - asp.net.ajax-discussion

Ty Burr reviews “X-Men: Days of Future Past”: This is what the new Spider-Man movie should feel like.

The Intermittency of Wind and Solar: Is It Only Intermittently a Problem?
... interested in some LEED support. You can contact him at: victorprovenzano1@gmail.com The Intermittency of Wind and Solar: Is It Only Intermittently ...

LinkedIn Web site goes down intermittently
The social networking site suffered from at least two brief outages this morning.

Google Talk Having Issues, Working Intermittently - Geekosystem
Google Talk has been having issues all of this morning for the majority of users. The application's status dashboard notes a disruption starting ...

Village Post Office Intermittently Closed
Resignation prompts intermittent closure of post office at remote Alaska island village

MacBook Air & Pro Update 2.0 Available Intermittently
... Excerpt of Page / Article Apple released MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Update 2.0 on Thursday, but that update has only been accessible intermittently. ...

Kyle Smith: Intermittently brilliant Tarantino flick ‘Django Unchained’ rehashes ‘Inglourious Basterds’ ...
‘django Unchained” might have been a revelation in 2005. But after Quentin Tarantino and others have spent years spoofing ’60s and ’70s genre ...

Poor Little Rich Christian: Hulu’s Intermittently-Insightful “Rev.”
“First let’s say morning prayer. But let’s say it quietly, in case somebody here has got a hangover.” That’s from the first episode of Rev . ...

I-676 Will Be Closed Intermittently Over the Next Week
The Vine Street Expressway will be closed overnight — tonight and all next week — as part of a $64.8 million bridge replacement project.

Writing intermittently
Oh, readers. Is there anything I can say that will appease you? Thank you for the inquiries, the orders, and the pleading tones. I swear, I’m ...