Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Hi,

I am using Visual Studio 2008.  I have installed AJAX and have the ajaxToolkit.dll within my bin folder.  I am able to drag all the AJAX items into my page.

I am launching my Visual Studio application through a URL which is hosted on a web server.  My web.config file is not within the solution but within the root of the folder.

I get the following error:

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="_Default" title = "VDU Workstation Assessment | Main Menu" %>
Line 2:
Line 3:  <%@ Register assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" tagprefix="cc1" %>
Line 4:
Line 5:  <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Source File: /vduassessment/default.aspx    Line: 3

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

I have tried entering the following code below within the web.config file but i get the same error.  What is really annoying is that AJAX is working when it is launched through Visual Studio in a directory that is not shared.  Is there anything diffferent about the project being used within a shared location?

<pages>
      <controls>
        <add tagPrefix="ajax" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
        <add namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" tagPrefix="ajaxToolkit"/>
      </controls>

Please Help! LOL

Jon

0
bscdevs

bscdevs:

I am launching my Visual Studio application through a URL which is hosted on a web server.

Is this running on your local Visual Studio web development server, or is it being run on an external web server? If it is the latter, you'll need the AJAX extensions on that web server also.

James.

If this answered your question, please mark as an answer so others will know too.

http://wyerarch.blogspot.com
0
Wyerarch
8/19/2008 2:53:51 PM

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes we are you not using Visual Studio's server but out own web server.  Is there any particular location on the server that we should install the AJAX extensions?

Thanks for your help!

Jon

0
bscdevs
8/20/2008 7:29:14 AM

Not that I am aware of. As far as I am aware, when you install them, they are registered in the GAC so that they are available site(s) wide.

Are the extensions installed then?

Looking at the problem you described, is the project being loaded from a network shared location? if so, have you run the .net wizard to ensure that this is assumed as a trusted location?

I'm not sure if I understand how the project is being used, whether you are sharing the development from a shared location, and testing it with the visual studio web server, or whether they are on a shared location, and this is what is mapped under IIS as the web site location.

James.

If this answered your question, please mark as an answer so others will know too.

http://wyerarch.blogspot.com
0
Wyerarch
8/20/2008 8:07:26 AM

The extensions were just installed locally.

Yes the project is loaded from a network shared location.  As far as i know we are not using the Visual Studio web server as we are running it through the URL our Web server.  AJAX controls will not work in 'My Documents' as this is also a network location.  AJAX controls will work within the C:/ drive however.

Does this clarify what we are doing?

Thanks again James.

Jon

0
bscdevs
8/20/2008 8:19:30 AM

bscdevs:

The extensions were just installed locally.

I'm still not entirely sure to be honest, bu here's how i'd progress....

If the extensions have NOT been installed on the webserver, then I would expect them not to work when you are viewing the pages direct from the server that is serving them up - in which case, I would presume that you either a) need to install them on the server, or b) copy the files AjaxControlToolkit.dll, System.Web.Extensions.dll, and System.Web.Extensions.Design.dll to the bin folder in your application on the server. If they are installed locally, then yes, developing pages etc will work locally, as they are registered in your computers GAC, if they haven't been installed on the server, then the server has no idea what the controls are all about.

I have experienced quite a few problems when running win applications from shared folders. With windows apps, it was always because the zone was not in Full Trust, and it may well be that you might have to run the .NET wizard (in administrative tools in XP, or from Caspol.exe on the command line) to give permissions to .NET to access these resources. Unfortunately, I haven't developed web applications on shared folders and then tried to run them directly from there -mainly because I would assume that it would be rife with security and permission problems, and you would definately need admin rights to the shared folder to do the simplest of tasks!

Personally, I would try the install of the ajaxtoolkit on the server first. Regardless of whether you are developing on a shared folder, if the site is being viewed from the server itself through IIS, there should be no issue.

If this answered your question, please mark as an answer so others will know too.

http://wyerarch.blogspot.com
0
Wyerarch
8/20/2008 12:36:42 PM

Thanks again for your reply James.

I have check with our I.T dept and they have assured me that the AJAX extensions have been installed on the web server.  I will let them know your suggestions.

 Thanks for you help, i will let you know how i get on!

 Cheers,

Jon

0
bscdevs
8/20/2008 1:19:26 PM

Hi James,

I have liased further with my I.T dept.

 Where do you get the System.Web.Extensions.dll, and System.Web.Extensions.Design.dll from?

Cheers,

Jon

0
bscdevs
8/21/2008 9:11:20 AM

If you do a search on your windows pc for them, you'll find them hidden away in .net repositroy somewhere, off the top of my head, I can't quite remember where exactly.

Another thought on this one, on applications where we have shared them between other, we have had issues where we add references to components, and the location of them is different on each pc. What we had to do, is create a folder on each pc, and share it as a drive letter (L:\), so that everyone's dll's were being loaded from the same location. If you have the project stored on a shared location that all the developers have full permissions to, then there really shouldn't be this problem.

James.

If this answered your question, please mark as an answer so others will know too.

http://wyerarch.blogspot.com
0
Wyerarch

IIS + .NET 3.5 Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
 Ok folks I need some help here. I have MS Server 2003 with IIS installed. Frameworks 2.0, 3.0 & 3.5 installed. The server has VS 2008 Web Developer installed because I am developing on it remotely. When I run the web site from inside VS everything is fine. I created a new website in IIS (named Intranet) and set it to run on Framework 2.0 and set the path to the root folder of the site (D:\Intranet). I also confirmed that VS was building for framework 3.5. When I open Internet Explorer on the server and go to http://localhost/Intranet I get the following error: "Could not ...

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
Hi,How do you install the ajax control toolkit on a computer that does not have visual studio or visual web developer installed?It is running asp.net and the ajax extensions appear to be installed correctly too. I have tested pages on my local machine, which has the toolkit installed properly (and has visual web developer installed too). However when I try looking at the pages on the server, I get this error"Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified"Do I need to register the assembly? How do I ...

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified #2
"Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified"Here's the source code that's causing the error: Line 1: <%@ Page Language="VB" %> Line 2: <%@ Import Namespace="System.Net.Mail" %> Line 3: <%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="ajaxToolkit" %> Okay, I have the dll's loaded and everything and I keep getting this error. I am trying to use the ValidatorCalloutExtender of the Beta. Any ideas?John WootonInspireMedia http://www.inspiremediablog.co...

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. #2
 hii am new to asp.net and asp.net  AjaxControls, pls help this error below. Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.Source Error: [No relevant source lines]Source File: none    Line: 0 Asse...

Could not load file or assembly 'ASPNetVideo.NET2.AJAX' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
I have used AspNetVideo for window media player control that displays in the toolbox. I did everything that i wanted to and it's working fine in my local computer. The problem is it is not working online server. When I browse the particular file where media player is added it displays the result as; ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++  Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error de...

Parser Error: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Firstly, I did read many post reagrding this error in the forum and on google.  Yet, I could not find one that matched my particualr situation. I am getting the error: Parser Error: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. I am using version 1 of the Ajax Extensions with VS 2005.  The website project works perfectly on my local machine.  However, after uploading it to my shared hosting account (Webhost4life).  I get the error above.  The hosting claims they have AJAX installe...

I am getting an error and I opened a post in the wrong area.  It seems more fitting here. http://forums.asp.net/t/1269455.aspx Firstly, I did read many post reagrding this error in the forum and on google.  Yet, I could not find one that matched my particualr situation. I am getting the error: Parser Error: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. I am using version 1 of the Ajax Extensions with VS 2005.  The website project works perfectly on my local machine.  However, after u...

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Hi,  I am using ASP.Net 2.0 with AJAX Extensions 1.0. And one of my aspx was using 2 of the ajaxtoolkit namely the ModalPopupExtender and RoundedCornersExtender. But why is it that when I will access the page from the web server the error below will display on the page. It's really frustrating because there's no problem when running locally in my machine thru Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition. I hope you could help me figuring the problem. Thanks Error message:  Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An e...

Could not load file or assembly 'FredCK.FCKeditorV2' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
i have developed an asp.net application.. in that im using FCKEditor to edit contents on my website dynamically.. i have added reference (.dll) file to the bin directory in my web application. it works fine in my local machine.. The Editor is diaplaying and i can able to modify my content. But in server its showing the following error.. Could not load file or assembly 'FredCK.FCKeditorV2' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. <%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="admin.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="cm...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
 Hi, I am using Jasper.. I downloaded JASPER and the sample code from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=471BB3AC-B31A-49CD-A567-F2E286715C8F&displaylang=en but when  i try to run Samples.. I get the error :  Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified i can find only System,Core under 3.5 version. I tried running the project from VS2005 and from VS2008.. still the problem persists....

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Hi, I am using VS2008 and .net 3.5, #. i m trying to access default.aspx in the browser and it shows the error as "Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."   Also when i use any of the Ajaxcontrol toolkit tools, i m getting the these kind of errors. I hav copied the ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll and .pdb in the bin folder. but i m getting the same error. Please help me.  I will  be grateful if anyone can send me the co...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
hello i am getting this error in my application...i used ajax in web site..please help me Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.Source Error: Line 30: <compilation...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
I have downloaded the Ajax Control Toolkit Website Project. I want to run on Visual Studio 2005. But when I run the project I got the error like  Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified . </system.web>     <httpModules>        <add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neu...

Web resources about - Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. - asp.net.ajax-discussion