Converting an existing web project to an Ajax web project

Does anyone know what is the easiest way to convert an existing web project in Visual Studio 2005 to an Ajax 1.0 toolkit enabled web project.  Is it as simple as copying some files into the bin directory or is it more complicated?  Any feedback or tutorials would be appreciated.

 Thanks,

 BC

Remember to mark any post that is helpful as an answer and change posts status to Resolved to help others in the future.

cheers,

BC

http://voidimpossible.com
0
bcanonica

Very useful video

http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/view.aspx?tabid=63&id=81

you will find many more at this link....really helpful

mark the post as answered if it helped you ..... cheers :)

Sanjeev Sharma
Software Engineer
Blog
0
sanjev

Problem in converting Ajax based web site to Ajax based web application project
hi, i faced a problem in converting Ajax based web site project to Ajax based web application project  .i got  build errors of script manager,update panel,update progress whereever i use these controls in my applocation even i have already added all the respective dll files needed for this     In vplayer.designer.cs declaration of class as folllowing way:   public partial class VPlayer { protected System.Web.UI.ScriptManager scriptmanager1; protected System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel UpdatePanel1; protected System.Web.UI.UpdateProgress Updat...

Ajax call web services failed after convert web site into web project
Hi Guys I have one web site application and use ajax call web services. it is working very well. 1. Master page set up scriptmanager with webservices path. 2. Web service inside web site application under app_code named ajaxwebservice.cs 3. Javascript call ret=ajaxwebservice.method(id, oncomplete(),ontimeout(),onerror()); But after I convert web site into web application project, the ret=ajaxwebservice.method(id, oncomplete(),ontimeout(),onerror()); failed, the ajaxwebservice in undifined error. I use the same web.config, master page, I put my ajaxwebservice.asmx and ajaxwebservic...

VS 2005 SP1 + .NET AJAX => automatically adds web.config in nested Web Application Project when opening project or solution
I get a 'Configuration Error' on an aspx page because VS added automatically a web.config to my nested Web Application Project where no web.config file should be. This effect I have noticed since I have installed SP1 and .NET AJAX Extensions. Why is VS 2005 adding the web.config file and how can I disable this behavior? Following is the content of the automatically added web.config file (comments omitted): <?xml version="1.0"?><configuration>    <appSettings/>    <connectionStrings/>    <system.web> &...

Using Ajax Web Projects with WAP projects and WSP Projects
Ok, here's the scoop.  We are using VB.NET and all WAP projects that are running over a .NET 2.0 framework. I guess this place did some sort of conversion with their .NET 1.1 WAP projects so that now it can compile and use the .NET 2.0 framework and so we thank goodness are using at least VS 2005. With that, I have some questions and concerns.  1) If and when we ever try to move our projects from the format of WAP to WSP, can you run both types side by side in the same environment and utilize assemblies from eacy type of web project? 2) Can you run an Ajax Web Project side by si...

Converting a Web Application Project to a Web Site Project
I converted a VS 2003 web application to VS 2005 using the Web Application Project model.  Is it possible to convert this to a Web Site Project once it is upgraded to VS 2005? We don't have any automated tools to convert from VS2005 WAP to Websites.  If you really prefer to use the website model, I would recommend converting directly from VS2003 to Websites.  To do that you can open the VS2003 app using the "Open Website" command.Omar KhanVisual Web Developer Team I thought you were going to say that.  I have spent quite a bit of time getting rid of most of the warnin...

Converting a Web Site Project to a Web Application Project ?
I upgraded my .NET 1.1 apps to Web Site Projects long before this add on was released and was wondering if there's  a way to convert these Web Site Projects to Web Application Projects because I really did like the old way of just uploading one dll to the web server when updates came around.   Is there a way to do this?In this world there are 10 types of people, those that know binary and those who don't. Here are a couple of tutorials that describe how to do this: C# - http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx VB - http://webproject.scottgu.com/VisualBa...

Ajax error calling Web Service from Web Application Project vs Web Site
I am implementing the code from the Asp.Net Ajax Video Demo “How Do I: Make Client-Side Network Callbacks with ASP.NET AJAX?”  The Web page is generating a javascript error (‘SimpleService’ is undefined) and is unable to recognize the Web service.  The downloaded examples work, however I have created the Demo (both the page and the web service) in a Web Application Project, rather than a Web Site.  The demo uses a Web site.  Because of this the page does not recognize the Web service. To ask the question another way: What needs to be done differently in a Web Service...

Web Application Projects vs. Web Site Project- Where is Copy Project?
I have opted to use the Web App Project in 2005 (The 2003 Model)http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336618.aspxWhy is the copy project missing when this model is used? It was there in 2003?Thank you,Patrick http://www.SURFThru.com   SURFThru.com I wanted to bump this topic again to see if any Microsoft techs had any input on this item.SURFThru.com...

Converting web site project to web application in vs 2008
I am converting web site project into web applicatio project in vs 2008 and running into web reference related issue.  I am not so sure how to address this.  Our old web site application had app_webreferences folder with AllServices as sub folder and then all of the web services under that folder. for example:  AllServices\AService.wsdl  AllServices\BService.wsdl   AllServices\CService.wsdl   etc... our code references AllServices.BService in the code or AllServices.AService etc...  It seems like when I Right Clicked on web application project...

Convert VB.Net Web Site to Web Application Project
 I am working with Visual Studio Pro SP1 and had some problems converting an old VB.Net web site into a VB.Net Web Application Project.  I followed the advice offered here ( http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx ), but ran into a few kinks when using the process on a VB project.  The Problem:After creating a new Web Application Project, copying in the old files, and running the "Convert to Web Application Project" process, the site would no longer build.  Any classes stored in the "Old_App_Code" folder (previously named...

Convert VB.Net Web Site to Web Application Project
I am working with Visual Studio Pro SP1 and had some problems converting an old VB.Net web site into a VB.Net Web Application Project.  I followed the advice offered here ( http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx ), but ran into a...

how to convert existing web application to AJAX based web application
 Hy, i have developed a web application in asp.net 2.0 but due to so many post backs i want to convert this application to AJAX based to fulfill the future requirements, if you have any idea then please share with me, thanks in advance Regards, Aamir Dharani  This post has the answer you're looking for: http://forums.asp.net/p/1144152/1854320.aspxHanan Schwartzberg--------------------http://www.lionsden.co.il...

How to convert an existing web site to AJAX-Enabled Web Site
I have a large Web Site and I would like to start using some of the new AJAX tools.  Is there an easy clean way to AJAX-Enable my web site? I tried copying all everything out of the bin folder of a new AJAX-Enable web site into my existing site but it does not seem to be working.  I am in VS 2005 using vb.net.  Thanks, Chad Hi,What you did so far is good, there is one more step needed. Start a new Ajax project, and examine carefully it's web.config. Compare it with your one and add sections (in appropriate places) related to ajax. Best regards,Andrei...

Converting 1.1 Web Project to a 2.0 Web Application Project, then and now...
Hey all, I hope I can explain this correctly, as I am completely lost as to what was and is going on. About 6-8 months ago, I installed VS2005 Professional on my notebook and got the VS2005 WAP conversion installation, which was a seperate add on at the time. I took a couple small 1.1 applications and as I recall pointed to the .vbproj file and allowed the conversion wizard to do it's thing and then went through the output fixing all the code which was no longer 2.o compliant (ie. Like the SMTP class changes).  Now, on my Desktop I was told to install VS2005 Team System and patc...

Web resources about - Converting an existing web project to an Ajax web project - asp.net.ajax-discussion

Rothesay building new arena, converting existing rink to fieldhouse
The Town of Rothesay plans to build a new arena and convert the existing one into a fieldhouse.