Concerns about using AJAX controls in a Non AJAX enabled Website

Platform VS 2005, VB.net

I created my existing asp.net Website without AJAX controls and today I ran into a situation where I need to use an AJAX control.  I download the AJAX Extensions and AJAX Control ToolKit.  I would like to add a calendar extension control to one of my existing webpages that has a Formview1 control. I thinking just like the example, add a script manager control to the page and the calendar extension and everything should work without me have to redo the whole web application or page in a AJAX enabled website.  I not sure if I can create a new AJAX web enabled web application and copy all my files to the AJAX web application and then rename the AJAX web application to the old web application name.  Please tell me what you think.

 Thank you in advance,

ptown
0
ptown
6/19/2008 12:20:25 AM
📁 asp.net.ajax-discussion
📃 13973 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 175 Views

I receive an error that says sys is undefined.

ptown
0
ptown
6/19/2008 3:33:49 AM

I With the help of this post I resolved the error.

Copy the AJAX enabled web.config file to the non AJAX enabled website web.config file.

Thank you everyone.

ptown
0
ptown