Cannot Resolve Symbol 'Web' in Web.config BETA 2

Created a new file system based web site from the ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled Web Site Template.

 The following two web.config lines give me the error mentioned in the subject line and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what's going on and how to resolve?

<

add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="Microsoft.Web.UI" assembly="Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

<

add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="Microsoft.Web.UI.Controls" assembly="Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/
0
jongohr

Look at your web.config to make sure everything is set up

Got a post in my blog to check: http://alpascual.com/blog/al/archive/2006/10/24/Manually-upgrading-from-Atlas-to-ASP.NET-2.0-Ajax.aspx

Cheers
Al
My Blog
MapStats.NET
Please click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post answered your question!
0
albertpascual
11/8/2006 3:39:46 AM

I'm not upgrading a project, this a brand new project with all of the latest beta 2 bits installed and using what I assume is the correct supplied project template.

This happens on two completely different machines.

0
jongohr

AJAX Beta 2
Hi... I'm experiencing a problem with the new AJAX Beta 2. When I try and put the UpdateProgess on a simple page, I get the belowCould not load type 'Microsoft.Web.UI.UpdateProgress' from assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Microsoft.Web.UI.Up...

How do I merge web services' app.config with web app's web.config? Help!!
I have a web application project that uses a separate class library containing web service references (service layer). I want to be able to configure the web reference URLs dynamically and I know you can set this up by setting the URL behavior to  'Dynamic', etc, etc. The problem is VS2005 puts the URLs in the project's app.config file. When the class library becomes a DLL component, I have no way of accessing the app.config file.Is there a way to make the web reference project to look for the URLs in the web.config instead of its app.config? Or is there a way to merge this app.config w...

AJAX 'Sections' of Web.Config Causing Web Site Not to Open
Using ASP.NET 2.0, in a Web Application Project, c#, we are having a problem getting the web site to open when we load a web.config file which enables AJAX.  This web config file works on the dev server here in the office, and on the customer's dev server.  (It has been set up for AJAX since last February). Whenever we load the same web.config file into the prod server, we simply get a blank screen where the entry screen should be.  It looks like the app is shutting sown as soon as it runs the web config file.Does anything need to be installed on the prod server?  The...

Use 'Credentials' in 'Authentication' in file 'Web.Config'
Why 'LoginUrl' is not recoganized by ASP.NET when I use in authentication mode 'Form'? Before VS.NET in which .NET1.0 is predefined was installed,I had installed .NET1.1 seperatedly. However,the error message indicates configuration error is just from .NET1.0. Therefore,is that 'LoginUrl' only accepted in .NET1.1? 'loginUrl' should work in both versions. Please note the authentication mode should be "Forms", not "Form". What is the error message you are getting? Thanks, Laura.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Yes,I...

Migrating from .net 2.0 to 3.5
I have just upgraded a site from 2.0 to 3.5 but i keep getting this error? "It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS."I've already looked around the net and it recommends creating a virtual directory. I'm using IIS7.0 and created an application and then created a virtual directory as well without any success. I also read about a backup folder that has a web.config that gets created during the upgrad...

Error 92 Could not load type 'System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment' from assembly 'System.Web, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'. #2
hello :i am tying to upgrad an existing project from visual studio 2003 to visual studio 2005and i get the following errorrError    92    Could not load type 'System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment' from assembly 'System.Web, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'.        so does any one have any idea about the reason for it and how to fix it?  Hi, Please look at another of thread for more details: http://forums.asp.net/p/1210076/2139042.aspx#2139042Zhao Ji MaSincerely,Microsoft...

'CrystalReportViewer' is ambiguous in the namespace 'CrystalDecisions.Web' #2
VS 2008 .NET 3.5 So I have a web application that when a button is clicked, I have a report (Crystal Report) that should open. I am currently running Crystal REports 2008 (version 12.0.2000). I created this program when we were using a previous version of Crystal reports. I upgraded my project and thought I deleted the old dlls and added the new references to this new version of Crystal. When I run the program locally on my machine, the report comes up just fine. So when I go to upload the project on the web server and run the program, the page errors out with this error: 'CrystalReportV...

Error 17 Argument '2': cannot convert from 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.FontSize' to 'float'
Error 17 Argument '2': cannot convert from 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.FontSize' to 'float' Error 16 The best overloaded method match for 'System.Drawing.Font.Font(string, float, System.Drawing.FontStyle)' has some invalid arguments Code:chart.DrawString(Convert.ToString(barValue[i]), new Font("arial", FontSize.Small, FontStyle.Regular), TEXT_COLOR, (columnSpacing + CHART_LEFT_MARGIN), (BMP_HEIGHT - (CHART_BOTTOM_MARGIN - (currentBarHeight - BAR_LABEL_SPACE)))); Any solution? I would be grateful for any help. new Font("...

WDP for VS2008 still doesn't allow web.config file section replacement of 'System.Net'
There were a series of posts on various blogs about the VS 2005 version of the WDP not allowing replacement of the 'System.Net' section. This was a rather significant oversight, in my opinion, as the three parts of web.config you would most likely want to replace would be appSettings for site specific attributes, connectionStrings for the proper database configuration, and System.Net to set up site-generated email. That being said, there was talk in the forums about fixing for the next release. Indeed, in the release notes for WDP for 2008 there was mention of fixes for config file u...

Error 1 The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\asse
Once I build project. I encounter this error. Does someone experience this error?Error    1    The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.6.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll'    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\Default.aspx    1    1    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\  It appears tha...

Getting file 'Web.Config' from the web continually in status bar
I continually receive "Getting file 'Web.Config' from the web" with a a 10 second delay (cursor switching to hour glass) when I am moving around in a couple of diferent web projects. Like it has to reload  web.config continually. It is only on two of our projects that do this the others are fine. It will drive you crazy after a while. One of the projects that does this will not close and requires a forced shutdown of visual studio. I have checked settings, flushed the local copies, moved the web site directory and it still does it  Any ideas ...

Error encrypting 'identity' element and not 'appSettings' element in web.config
  All,I'm using RSA Protected Configuration provider and the aspnet_regiis.exe tool to encrypt section of my web.config file. I can successfully encrypt 'appSettings' using C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727>aspnet_regiis.exe -pe "appSettings" -app "/AppName"however the similar command when used with 'identity' C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727>aspnet_regiis.exe -pe "identity" -app "/AppNAme" gives me the below message ""Encryp...

'Exclude Files From Web Project'
Is there anyone here who can help??? http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=5241 I'm still with you ;-) and still looking / trying. As a possibility look at http://forums.asp.net/907365/ShowPost.aspx Alle I'm glad someone is still with me   Unfortunaitly the last post didn't help as the files needed to be present but part of the solution are user controls...  Besides I understand there is no longer a DLL created when you build the project, as it is compiled on the fly by the dotNet 2.0 framework. This is what I believe breaks the functionality   Since it...

Value of type 'System.Web.UI.Control' cannot be converted to 'System.Web.SiteMap'.
 Hello,         I receive this error "System.Web.UI.Control' cannot be converted to 'System.Web.SiteMap" when I try to find the Sitemap control.  ...            <asp:SiteMapDataSource ID="SiteMapDataSource1" runat="server" />            <asp:ListView ID="ListView1" runat="server">            <LayoutTemplate>    ...

Web resources about - Cannot Resolve Symbol 'Web' in Web.config BETA 2 - asp.net.ajax-discussion