AJAX 'Sections' of Web.Config Causing Web Site Not to Open

Using ASP.NET 2.0, in a Web Application Project, c#, we are having a problem getting the web site to open when we load a web.config file which enables AJAX.  This web config file works on the dev server here in the office, and on the customer's dev server.  (It has been set up for AJAX since last February). Whenever we load the same web.config file into the prod server, we simply get a blank screen where the entry screen should be.  It looks like the app is shutting sown as soon as it runs the web config file.

Does anything need to be installed on the prod server?  The those running the customer's server do not remember installing anything on  the customer's test server last February.

 The app files contain these dll s in the bin folder:

 AjaxControlToolkit.dll
WebClaims.dll (the compiled file for the app in general)
ClaimsReportClasses.dll (for the reports)

If anyone has any ideas, or a pointer to an article on the topic, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Mike Thomas

0
GeyikBaba

On Production server, you need to put WebResource.asx and ScriptResource.axd under your virtual direction to support it.

Hope it can help you.

Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post(s) that helped you.
0
TonyDong

"Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. "
i wanted to create a New Project, with Visual Basic Projects as Project Type, and ASP.NET Web Application as the selected Templates. However, there was an error message pop up saying these: "Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. " How may i overcome it? Is 2373 already a directory in your web root? How about Labs? It might have something to do with subdirectories, have you tried creating one just off the route? Ala: http://localhost/labs071 ? You might want to try to see if tha...

AJAX Beta 2
Hi... I'm experiencing a problem with the new AJAX Beta 2. When I try and put the UpdateProgess on a simple page, I get the belowCould not load type 'Microsoft.Web.UI.UpdateProgress' from assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Microsoft.Web.UI.Up...

How do I merge web services' app.config with web app's web.config? Help!!
I have a web application project that uses a separate class library containing web service references (service layer). I want to be able to configure the web reference URLs dynamically and I know you can set this up by setting the URL behavior to  'Dynamic', etc, etc. The problem is VS2005 puts the URLs in the project's app.config file. When the class library becomes a DLL component, I have no way of accessing the app.config file.Is there a way to make the web reference project to look for the URLs in the web.config instead of its app.config? Or is there a way to merge this app.config w...

WDP for VS2008 still doesn't allow web.config file section replacement of 'System.Net'
There were a series of posts on various blogs about the VS 2005 version of the WDP not allowing replacement of the 'System.Net' section. This was a rather significant oversight, in my opinion, as the three parts of web.config you would most likely want to replace would be appSettings for site specific attributes, connectionStrings for the proper database configuration, and System.Net to set up site-generated email. That being said, there was talk in the forums about fixing for the next release. Indeed, in the release notes for WDP for 2008 there was mention of fixes for config file u...

Differences between a 'Web Site' and a 'Web Application' w.r.t. .Design namespaces?
I have a web site project which I want to convert to a web application. I noticed that the website has references to System.Design, System.Drawing.Design and System.Web.Extensions.Design.When I create a new Web Application project none of these Design namespaces are referenced. So, when converting a web site project to a web application should I leave out those references?  I ask this because I just read Scott G's tips for converting a Web Site to a Web Application and the first point he makes is that one needs to include, in one's new web application, all the same references us...

Unable to convert AJAX site in VS 2008, I get 'Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025 error..'
This is the full message, i get one fore each ajax control on my site.  Error 1 Unable to create type 'cc1:TabContainer'. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. V:\ASP\RemoteFitness3\Members\MembersHome.aspx 75  My web config is pointed to 3.5<add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>   And i have...

'web service call failed: 500' using ajax hovermenu and web service
Hi there, I'm using a hovermenuextender attached to a templatefield of a gridview, and everything seemed to work fine.. however I've moved on to add dynamic attributes to the hovermenu. Now I get the error "web service call failed: 500" in place of the output I want (on the hovermenu's panel). When accessing the web service I created (directly through the browser) everything works fine.. here's my hovermenuextender dynamic attributes DynamicContextKey='<%=eval("refnumber") %>' DynamicServiceMethod="GetS...

Use 'Credentials' in 'Authentication' in file 'Web.Config'
Why 'LoginUrl' is not recoganized by ASP.NET when I use in authentication mode 'Form'? Before VS.NET in which .NET1.0 is predefined was installed,I had installed .NET1.1 seperatedly. However,the error message indicates configuration error is just from .NET1.0. Therefore,is that 'LoginUrl' only accepted in .NET1.1? 'loginUrl' should work in both versions. Please note the authentication mode should be "Forms", not "Form". What is the error message you are getting? Thanks, Laura.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Yes,I...

Ajax-Enabled Web Site vs Ajax Control Toolkit Web Site
I just start to use Ajax and noticed when I create a new web site from command menu, I have two options, ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled Web Site from "Visual Studio installed templates" and AJAX Control Toolkit Web Site from "My templates". The first option created prefix like <ajaxToolkit:###> while the second created prefix with <cc1:#####>. Can you point me the differences between those two templates.  Thanks! The Ajax Control Toolkit has around 40 controls which works on top of Core Ajax Framework. Starting with the Control Toolkit template will ensur...

what is 'WPierce.Web' in AJAX?
Hi,I am learning AJAX. Some Web sites are good and helpful (AJAX Was Here - Part 1,2,3).However, I can not understand the code, this part:where is the WPierce.Web.dll which is needed come from?One Web site(http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=3986&lngWId=10) tried to run csc to create WPierce.Web.dll. But it said it used all files in dolder 'WPierce.Web', so my question still there: where those files from?Is there any AJAX expert who can help?Thanks hai ,  you are asking about 'WPierce.Web.dll'  right , i think it is not related to AJAX , ...

Unable to open the Web 'http://XYZ:6548". Could not find a Web server at 'XYZ'
Hi, I'm using  Visual Web Developer 2005 Express, IIS  and my local IIS website name as 'XYZ'. When I try to open that Website thru >>Open Website,  It says following error message : " Unable to open the Web 'http://XYZ:6548". Could not find a Web server at 'XYZ'. Please check to make sure that the Web server name is valid and your proxy settings are set correctly. If you sre sure that everything is correct, the web server may be out of service " But I'm able to some other websites in IIS & sure my IIS also active.   Could you ...

How to config Web Site Administration Tool in web hosting 's site?
I 'm uploading my website to Web Hosting site for the first time , Everything went well until i realized that i can't login . The problem is when created login form i use Login and CreateUserWizard tools of asp.net and Web Site Administration Tool to create a database to store registered user in App_Data folder , now i don't know where to change connection string in Web hosting page (there 's no Web Site Administration Tool ), the connection string 's not in web.config file nor any code behind file . So my question is how to config it and also another Web Site Admi...

Does anyone know of either an ajax.net blog available or an 'inline editor' for ajax.net?
Hey all:  I'm desperately trying to find an AJAX control (I don't care if it's currently for ASP.NET AJAX.NET, since if not, I'll do the conversion and make it available to others) for creating blogs and another inline editor control, so that if there is text on the page, I can click on the text and it will automatically display an editor and allow me to edit the text/html.  Does anyone know of a control like this that's AJAX enabled?  Especially AJAX.NET.  I'm only interested in open-source, since any improvements I make I will make available on codeplex.com Thanks in...

VS 2005 SP1 + .NET AJAX => automatically adds web.config in nested Web Application Project when opening project or solution
I get a 'Configuration Error' on an aspx page because VS added automatically a web.config to my nested Web Application Project where no web.config file should be. This effect I have noticed since I have installed SP1 and .NET AJAX Extensions. Why is VS 2005 adding the web.config file and how can I disable this behavior? Following is the content of the automatically added web.config file (comments omitted): <?xml version="1.0"?><configuration>    <appSettings/>    <connectionStrings/>    <system.web> &...

Web resources about - AJAX 'Sections' of Web.Config Causing Web Site Not to Open - asp.net.ajax-discussion