AJAX on iis7 not working on web host but works on my iis6 Development Server

I have AJAX on my asp.net 2.0 site, my development server has iis 6 and have recently begun using a web host that supports AJAX and runs iis 7.  Everything runs fine exept AJAX.  I don't even get an error it usually just performs a full post back when I click on an AJAX link.

I have been searching for weeks for something to help me.  By the way, my web.config does contain:

<xhtmlConformance mode="Transitional" />

I would really appriciate any help on this matter, I have run out ideas on this one.  Thank you in advance.

0
tcolpitts

Hi tcolpitts

In this scenario, I would like to suggest you try to make sure the version of ASP.NET and System.Web.Extensions are same.

And there is another thread which talks about ASP.NET AJAX and IIS setting, I would like to suggest you have a look:

http://forums.asp.net/t/1169282.aspx

By the way, you can also post the question on the IIS7 forum for help:

http://forums.iis.net/default.aspx?GroupID=41

Thanks.

Lance Zhang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Lance
2/23/2009 9:49:23 AM

Thank you for your reply.

The system.web.extensions are the same.  I looked at the thread you recommended.  I am not sure what the following means in that post: .axd extension was not setup in IIS for the virtual directory

Since I am using a web host, I am not sure that I can check this.

 I did post this on the IIS forum and was told that nothing in IIS will affect this.

Any other ideas?

0
tcolpitts
2/24/2009 2:09:03 PM
I just figured out the problem. It was the Plesk handlers inside the web.config, when I removed them, AJAX works! I wonder why. I thought I had to have that code in the web.config or I wouldn't be able to manage site through my Plesk panel but it seems fine. Do you foresee a problem with removing the Plesk Handlers?   Thank you for your time.
0
tcolpitts

AJAX not working on server, works on test server and developer machine
I use ASP.NET AJAX on my web page. The page consists of two textboxes and two buttons. Textbox 1 is within an update panel triggered by button 1 and the other textbox is updated by full page postback caused by button 2. This works perfectly on my developer machine and on a test server (W2K3) but when I publish it to the real server (W2K3 Server) the page always posts back when clicking button 1 instead of just updating the textbox within the update panel. When I look at the source of the generated page in the browser I see that the server version of the page does not include a...

Ajax not work on Production Server but works in Development
I developed a web application that used VS2005, .Net Framework 2.0, Ajax 1.0, the database is connected to a database server with SQL server 2005. The application worked fine in my development PC but not in the production server. I'm getting this error: Unable to create type 'ajaxToolkit:CascadingDropDown'. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies The application web.config contains: <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Cult...

Troubleshoot Web Service; Ajax AutoComplete events do not appear to not fire; Ajax web service appears to not work. .NET
Folks, I had the situation that Ajax AutoComplete events in the web service did not fire after I copied a project out of a folder, renamed it and moved it to a server. The fix was hard to find but easy to solve. I had some web service modules in an ASMX file that provided AutoComplete entries -- i.e., after the user keys in 2 or 3 characters, the list of possible entries with those leading characters is displayed for the user to select. To solve the problem, look at the web service's directive, not the code-behind or the ASMX designer.  Do a right-mouse-click...

AJAX not working on deployed server, but works on test server
Hello, I tried to search on this question, but I'm not sure how to form it, so if it has been answered, my appologies. I had an application developed by a 3rd party company using ASP.NET (2.0, C#) and AJAX.  On their test server the AJAX is working.  I have a page that has three drop downs.  The top drop down populates the second and the second populates the third.  On my production box, the app is not getting the new data for the second and third drop downs.  (But it does on the test server)  I am running MS 2003 server with IIS and ASP.NET and AJAX insta...

Web Server Controls
Is there any documentation showing what is required to equip a server-side WebControl to work with AJAX.NET?   I have some VERY simple WebControls that fire "Click" events.   One of them consistantly causes the entire page to refresh, while the other doesn't.   But they are both doing the same thing.    For some reason, one seems to not work with AJAX.NET, while the other does.    Both of them are wrapped inside an UpdatePanel and ContentTemplate - but behave differently under AJAX.NET.   Mysterious. I can't tell if the...

Old AJAX in .NET 1.1 compatibility with .NET framework 2.0. Ajax does not work always ....................
Hello,I have converted the web site from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0. Some of the pages in the web site use AJAX which was developed in .NET 1.1Ajax does not work smoothly in .NET 2.0. Do I have to use ATLAS or is there any fix I can use to make the AJAX work ?Please let me know. Many thanks in advance. Nick..........

AJAX AutoComplete not working on our web server
Hi,  I have a basic AJAX enabled website that has the AutoComplete and Tab features. The website and both AJAX features work flawlessly within my test environment (desktop and laptop) but when I upload the exact files to our web server the AutoComplete does not work. Meaning, when you start typing the autocomplete drop-down box never appears. The web server and my test enviorment have installed the same version of the AJAX extensions and AJAX Toolkit; however, the web server does not have Visual Studios installed. Does anyone have any ideas why this feature might not be working ...

Microsoft AJAX Application Works On LocalHost But Not Web Host
I recently made some changes to a example site: http://www.countrycodelist.com. The site functions correctly on my computer but when I upload it to a remotee server it does not.  I have tested it in both medium and full trust and it still does not work on a remote host. The URL of the page that I want to become the primary page is here: http://www.countrycodelist.com/Default_Test.aspx  The code for the web service calls and bridge is almost entirely based on the example here: http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/view.aspx?tabid=63&id=66.  It works on my personal computer fi...

Ajax features not working on the server where ajax enable site is deployed
Hi, I have a web site devoped using AjaxControlToolkit 3.0 and VS 2008. all work well on my machine, but if I try to host the site on a server having OS windows server 2003 and IIS 6. Ajax feature of the web site do not work, like calender extender of mask edit extender. bin directory of my web site contains Ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll and other folder required. Any help or pointers on this is highly appriciated.  regards, pravincheers,  are you getting any errors?  if so, pls post em.BruceDiscountASP.NET: Developer Ready ASP.NET Web Hosting- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner- ...

Ajax RC not working on production server, works on dev machine
Hi,I updated an Ajax Beta 2 web application to use the new RC build and it works fine on my development PC, but it doesn't work on my IIS6 production server.  I checked and both of the DLLs are in the GAC.  Has anyone else ran into this?  I get this error when trying to access the page:Server Error in '/UserManager' Application. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information ab...

Does AJAX.NET work with SQL server connections?
All, I have an application that uses SQL server as backend. The application has 5 drop down lists and the contents of the bottom 4 list depends on the item selected in drop down list 1 (think of it as cascading drop down lists if you will). Each of these lists pull data from a SQL database. The application works fine - the only issue is the delay in pulling data. I tried to "ajaxify" this (by including a ScriptManager, UpdatePanel and doing the necessary web.config edits), but it doesn't do the trick.Is there a better solution for this? I looked at the Cascading drop down ...

Ajax application not working when deployed to web server
I installed the extender and then the toolkit and was able to create the sample application described here: http://ajax.asp.net/ajaxtoolkit/Walkthrough/UsingSampleExtender.aspx  However, when I deploy the webpage to my company's web server I get the following error when I try to run it: Server Error in '/ajaxtest' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Co...

AJAX UpdatePanel not working the same on host as development machine
I have an UpdatePanel with an ImageMap in it. The ImageMap.ImageUrl, which is set in PageLoad, is set to an .aspx page with query strings that generates and returns a bitmap through a Response. When I make a change in the GridView in the UpdatePanel, the bitmap is updated (because the generated bitmap is now different due to the new data in the GridView). This is working perfectly on my development machine (running CLR Version 2.0.50727.1434), but it does not work when I publish it to my host (running CLR Version 2.0.50727.1433). This also works fine when the UpdatePanel is not used ...

What are Ajax and Aspnet Ajax ,both work the same?
Hi, Hope some1 can help to explain. I am a bit of confused. For what I know, ajax, it is a native Javascript inside the javascript Library. and it is supported by most browser. To use ajax , I have to create it like this for Ms IE: var xmlHttp xmlHttp=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP");      or  xmlHttp=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");  I believe I can use this script in Aspx page in Html section.     To use Aspnet Ajax:  How do I create the Ajax Object? And How do I use the ajax Properties and Methods? ...

Web resources about - AJAX on iis7 not working on web host but works on my iis6 Development Server - asp.net.ajax-discussion

United States Department of Housing and Urban Development - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Robert C. Weaver Federal Building , 451 7th Street SW , Washington, D.C. 38°53′2.17″N 77°1′21.03″W  /  38.8839361°N 77.0225083°W  / 38.8839361; ...

Xi envisions Chongqing as int'l logistics hub, stresses development
Xi envisions Chongqing as int'l logistics hub, stresses development

3 Mobile Development Lessons to Take from LinkedIn’s New App Design
New app versions are born every day, but when a tech giant such as LinkedIn releases a new version of its mobile entity , the world pays extra ...

‘Arrested Development’ Season 5 will parody ‘Making a Murderer’ and ‘Serial’
Rumors surrounding a fifth season of Arrested Development have been swirling around ever since Netflix did the world a favor and rebooted the ...

Ford Tripling Autonomous Vehicle Development Fleet, Accelerating On-Road Testing of Sensors and Software ...
Ford is tripling its fleet of fully autonomous Ford Fusion Hybrid test vehicles &ndash; making it the largest in the automotive industry &ndash; ...

Arrested Development: How President Jimmy Carter Stopped The First Solar Surge
... in front of the developing solar photovoltaics industry. Perlin is the author of “Let It Shine: The 6,000-Year [&hellip Arrested Development: ...

Arrested Development Season 5 Spoofing Making a Murderer - Collider
Arrested Development creator Mitch Hurwitz says the new season will be a murder mystery in the vein of Netflix's Making a Murderer.

‘Arrested Development’ Season 5: ‘Making A Murderer’ Meets Donald Trump
In Season 4 of Arrested Development , the Bluth clan set out to build a wall between the U.S. and Mexico to "keep Mexicans out," and Lindsay ...

Kaz Hirai: 'about 100 or more titles' in development for PlayStation VR
Sony hasn't made a lot of noise about its virtual reality headset at CES this year (especially considering the hubbub surrounding Oculus Rift's ...