AJAX google map control (www.Reimers.dk) to work with Microsoft AJAX update panel

Hi,

 I'm having trouble with this google map control that I downloaded from www.reimers.dk. I'm using the free version of the control. Now the trouble comes with it being used with Microsoft AJAX. What I want to do is when the user selects something from the map it should update a table (defined in an update panel). Since Reimer's control doesn't comply with standard event method structure I cannot use the required event as a trigger for update panel. Hence I'm stuck here. I'll probably will have to send an async event to get the update panel updated after getting the map updated but I don't know how exactly will I do that. Any ideas??? The code's as follows...

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPages/TestMasterPage" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="ABC.aspx.cs" Inherits="ABC" Title="Untitled" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" Namespace="System.Web.UI" TagPrefix="asp" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="GoogleMap" Namespace="Reimers.Map" TagPrefix="Reimers" %>

   <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" runat="server">

   <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"></asp:ScriptManager>

    <Reimers:GoogleMap ID="gmpMap" runat="server" ContinuousZoomEnabled="True" DoubleClickZoomEnabled="True"

     GoogleKey="ABQIAAAATnKxQjctmDRI5ulCDgatvBQ0vsvwKv5aHEuWDFLWH5WYjWE1pBQD1tdTZQpYmVYkR4YM3vn2LeiwbA"

     Height="750px" Width="395px" Zoom="6" MapControl="Zoom" OnMarkerClick="gmpMap_MarkerClick" ShowScaleControl="True">

     </Reimers:GoogleMap>

     <asp:UpdatePanel ID="uplStorages" runat="server" ChildrenAsTriggers="False" UpdateMode="Conditional">

            <ContentTemplate>

                                   <asp:Label ID="lblArea1" runat="server" Text="Derbyshire"></asp:Label>

              </ContentTemplate>

        </asp:UpdatePanel>

</asp:Content>

public partial class SABC : System.Web.UI.Page

{

{

if (!IsPostBack)

{

initializeMap();

}

}

private void initializeMap()

{

gmpMap.Latitude = 54.9145;

gmpMap.Longitude = -2.3071;

gmpMap.Zoom = 6;

gmpMap.Markers.Add(new GoogleMarker(String.Format("{0} {1}", "County", countyName), 54.9145, -2.3071, new GoogleMarkerOptions("Lancashire", true, new GoogleIcon())));

}

protected void gmpMap_MarkerClick(Reimers.Map.GoogleMap Map, Reimers.Map.GoogleMarker Marker, ref string MapCommand)

{

// It will not update as this method can't be put in the trigger collection of update panel.

lblArea1.Text = Marker.Options.Title;

}

}

0
Avy

I would put the Google Map control in an updatepanel and then on the  gmpMap_MarkerClick event handler I would call uplStorages.Update() method at the end.

Hope this helps.

German Afanador
0
Trebolin
5/18/2007 1:58:45 PM

Thanks for your quick reply. I just tried this and it didn't work. I believe it's 'coz the control doesn't follow Microsoft's AJAX architecture so it doesn't expect update in any other part of the page. Any other suggestions???

0
Avy

My AJAX is not AJAXing!
Hi, I was having trouble with a new AJAX enabled code so I tried to just to do a simple test page. I did the simple Label control with button example covered in this tutorial http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax/tutorial-01-cs.aspx I'm having the same problem. Functionalitw-wise it works but the page is refreshing and flickering. That means it's not the code but maybe my set up. I'm using VisualStudio 2005 and the application is currenty .NET 2.0. In VS.NET, I do see the AJAX controls though. What could this be?Thanks,Sam did you install the Ajax extensions? Now, it's AJAXing!...

ajax or not to ajax.
Heres a strange one for you. I have a textbox, a button and a gridview on a page. I enter some search text which returns 500 odd records in under a second. When i wrap the gridview in an updatepanel, set its update mode to "conditional" and the trigger to the button the page can take 2-4 seconds to render. I think the problem is down to page redering some how as my progress indicator stops at around the same time as the normal postback would appear. I have also noticed this very behaviour and have come to the conclusion that in cases like this it is better to hand code a XMLHttp...

To AJAX, or not to AJAX?
Some body suggested to me to use AJAX. I figured it's not the brand name detergent nor the Dutch city. So here is what I have and please tell me if it ca be done with ajax, and perhaps point me to some examples, etc. The page contains several GridViews and FormViews that display data using several data calls. (Yeah, there is my first issue. Need to figure out how to cash all that.) This is an application that track work orders, so the top most FV has the user info and summary information of the work order. It is editable and so far it works well. There is also another set of infroamt...

Getting JavaScipt Error Intermittently While using AJAx Update Panel, AJAX Toolkit Control
I am using UpdatePanel, ModalPopupExtender and CollapsiblePanelExtender in my ASP.NET. Locally on WinXP, everythng is working okay. But on production envirnment, I am getting JavaScript errors intermittently. I am pasting error below. When I try to debug, it shows error in "ScriptResource.xsd?d=xxxxxxx"Error: 'ig_csom' is undefined// use igcsom.getElementById wherever is possible function igtbl_getElementById(tagId) {        if(!document) return;        var obj=ig_csom.getElementById(tagId);    <=...

AJAX: which is better more controls inside one update panel or few controls inside more update panels
hi in form that have many controls , gridview , formview, buttons, textboxes, etc. which is better, put them all in one update panel, or few controls in more update panels? i.e. gridview , formview, buttons, textboxes all in one update panel or gridview in update panel, formview in updat panel, buttons (that text needs to change based on some business rules) in update panel, etc? besides will tables and divs inside update panel affect AJAx performance?! Hi,    Putting too many controls in an update panel will certainly affect the performance. I have certainly faced it. ...

Some of the controls not working wih Update panel in AJAX
Hi, I am implementing AJAX in ASP.Net. After placing Updatepanel in my aspx page, the image buttons are not working. The onclickevent is not firing on clicking the imagebuttons. If I remove the update panel it works fine. any suggestions? <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server"> <ContentTemplate>   </ContentTemplate> </asp:UpdatePanel>     <asp:UpdateProgress ID="UpdateProgress1" runat="server" AssociatedUpdatePanelID="UpdatePanel1"> <ProgressTemplate><asp:Image ID=&quo...

How do we customize Ajax calendar Control and Ajax Tabbed Panel?
Hi FriendsAm confronting with a very trivial issue of customizing the tabbed panel and the Calendar controls of the Ajax control toolkit. Can anyone give me some ideas of how to customize these as I tried changing the CSS and setting the new css, but all in vain.can anyone help me out with this issue?Thanks Karthik MuthuswamyProgrammer AnalystChennai I tried my own idea. Thanks everyone.Karthik MuthuswamyProgrammer AnalystChennai...

ajax panel refreshing another ajax panel
Hi,I have a problem that my controls on one Ajax panel seems to be effected controls on another Ajax panel, that is displaying them.  I will be the first to admit; I am new to this and may have misunderstood the use of the panels.I have a web site http://bhx.innosked.com/Default.aspx?show=ITD  The top of the web site is a search panel.   The date label, calendar and calendar image is on one AJAX panel.  If you click on the calendar image, the calendar comes up fast. The problem arises if you do thisKey in MIA in the Destination field and...

Old AJAX in .NET 1.1 compatibility with .NET framework 2.0. Ajax does not work always ....................
Hello,I have converted the web site from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0. Some of the pages in the web site use AJAX which was developed in .NET 1.1Ajax does not work smoothly in .NET 2.0. Do I have to use ATLAS or is there any fix I can use to make the AJAX work ?Please let me know. Many thanks in advance. Nick..........

What are Ajax and Aspnet Ajax ,both work the same?
Hi, Hope some1 can help to explain. I am a bit of confused. For what I know, ajax, it is a native Javascript inside the javascript Library. and it is supported by most browser. To use ajax , I have to create it like this for Ms IE: var xmlHttp xmlHttp=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP");      or  xmlHttp=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");  I believe I can use this script in Aspx page in Html section.     To use Aspnet Ajax:  How do I create the Ajax Object? And How do I use the ajax Properties and Methods? ...

Ajax Control Update panel Not working in IE browser..?
 Hi, I am using update panel which is having datagrid contol. This datagrid sorting,paging is working on other browsers like firefox,chrome. but it is not work in ie browser. Please give some idea to solve this issue... thank in advanceSelva When I run into problems like this, I usually get the sample to work and slowly move my code over to see where the problem is. one thing that comes to mind is to make sure that you have this on your page: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitiona...

in ajax update .net validation control not work well
i am using ajax 1.0 in my project.when ever i use asp.net validation control in update panel they didn't work well.Is there any solution to this problem.Please help me i have 30 April as my projects delivery date so i need it urgent. RegardsGourav ranagourav.rana@redalkemi.com  Hello For sure there is a solutions. You encounter this behaviour because the standard Validator Controls aren't compatible with the UpdatePanel control. Controls that Are Not Compatible with UpdatePanel Controls The following ASP.NET controls are not compatible with partial-page up...

AJAX Master Page, AJAX Web Form and AJAX Client Control Question?
I gues to get the ball rolling I have VS 2008 and I am creating ASP.NET websites. I have programmed with VS 2005 and always had to add AJAX features by hand. Now in VS 2008 you have new templates AJAX Master Page, AJAX Web Form, AJAX Client Behavior, AJAX Client Control, AJAX Client Library, AJAX-embeded WCF Service On these three templates AJAX Master Page, AJAX Web Form and AJAX Client Control. What makes them different from normal templates? Is it just a matter of adding the script manager to the page or is using a AJAX Master Page have a huge benefit over doing individual pages? I have...

AJAX update panel updating all panels!
Hey there, I have 2 updated panels on a page update panel1 and update panel2. One is triggerd by a list box and the other is triggered by an image button,, the only problem is although each trigger is assigned to their respective list boxes, whenever a trigger is activated it refreshes both update panels, which is not what I want.  This is my update panel refreshed by the image button   <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel2" runat="server"> <ContentTemplate> <TABLE id="Table6" style="WIDTH: 208px; HEIGHT: 248px" cellSpacing="1" cellPadding="1" width="208" border=...

Web resources about - AJAX google map control (www.Reimers.dk) to work with Microsoft AJAX update panel - asp.net.ajax-discussion

Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft Cloud Partner - Home

Microsoft Hohm Service Discontinuation