Ajax Control Toolkit vs. Ajax Enabled Web Site Template

Hi,

After installed the Ajax extension, we have Ajax Enabled Web Site template in our Visual Studio, after installed the Control Toolkit extension, we have another Control Toolkit template, what is the difference of these two template? I can't figure out the different since both works for me.

0
stephensaw

I believe the only difference is that the toolkit template automatically references the toolkit.  Both should have made the web.config changes needed to make the site ASP.NET AJAX enabled.

Encosia - ASP.NET, AJAX, and more.

Latest article: Using complex types to make calling services less… complex
0
gt1329a
7/16/2007 2:35:45 PM

But it seems ok to use Control Toolkits when in the Ajax Enabled Web Site's template, just the <cc:> and <ajaxtoolkits> tag different that I can spot.

0
stephensaw
7/16/2007 3:33:18 PM

Yes, you can reference the toolkit in any project you want.

There's nothing special about those AJAX templates.  They just modify the web.config for you, to include the necessary components without you having to do anything.

Encosia - ASP.NET, AJAX, and more.

Latest article: Using complex types to make calling services less… complex
0
gt1329a

Ajax-Enabled Web Site vs Ajax Control Toolkit Web Site
I just start to use Ajax and noticed when I create a new web site from command menu, I have two options, ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled Web Site from "Visual Studio installed templates" and AJAX Control Toolkit Web Site from "My templates". The first option created prefix like <ajaxToolkit:###> while the second created prefix with <cc1:#####>. Can you point me the differences between those two templates.  Thanks! The Ajax Control Toolkit has around 40 controls which works on top of Core Ajax Framework. Starting with the Control Toolkit template will ensur...

Converting Non Ajax enabled project - to an Ajax enabled
I have a new requirement which needs a calendar control as in the ajax toolkit.But my application is in VS 2005 and is not an ajax enabled project. How difficult is it to convert the project to an ajax enabled one?If it is relatively easy to do it, will the conversion affect the behavior of the other pages within the projectwhich essentially dont use ajax functionality? Can someone please advise ? Hi,Converting your web application to Ajax enabled is very simple. It won't affect the other pages in you application.You can read about it in the following links:How Do I:Add ASP.NET AJAX ...

How to enable ajax (Use AJAX Controls) in my Web Control Library project
I have VS2005 with Ajax extended controls.   i have created a Web Control Library project, but i want to use ajax controls. is it possible.   I do not want to create a ajax enabled web site, but looking if any possible in my web control library project.   Please let me know and thanks in advance. D Hi, Yes. If you want to create User Control which contains a lot of web controls and Ajax control, you can create an User Control with Ajax Control to achieve it. If you want to create a Custom Control with Ajax, I suggest you build a new Extender. Please check the...

adding Ajax to my non-Ajax .NET web site
Hi all I've a site that i developed by .NET (visual studio.net 2005 - VB.net) and want to add Ajax into the pages now. I've downloaded required AJAX tools and be able to develop AJAX enabled pages but want to integrate ajax features to existing pages. Could you please help me how i can do this? Thanksmcb Look at the videos here: http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/  (number 7 in particular)Steve Wellens My blog if a web site is a normal asp web site then u have to add these lines in web.config under the system.web tag         <httpHand...

How do I use AJAX controls when my site was not created with AJAX enabled?
My site is not originally created with AJAX Conotrol Toolkit Web Site. How do I use the TabContainer and TabPanel? Step 1 - Add the following references to your project... .NET: System.Web.Extensions .NET: System.Web.Extensions.Design PROJECT / BROWSE: AjaxControlToolkit Step 2 - Modify your web.config (add in the bits you don't have)   <configSections> <sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"> <s...

Enabling ajax to a non-ajax-enabled site
I REALLY dont want to start over with all i've done just to enable ajax... i understand that it's a matter of editing my web.config, but i've tried it several times and all i've gotten was build errors.... any chance someone can post an ajax enabled web.config with my parameters in there? I'd sooooooooo appreciate it!! Thanks!     <configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0"> <appSettings/> <connectionStrings> <add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=*removed...

AJAX Master Page, AJAX Web Form and AJAX Client Control Question?
I gues to get the ball rolling I have VS 2008 and I am creating ASP.NET websites. I have programmed with VS 2005 and always had to add AJAX features by hand. Now in VS 2008 you have new templates AJAX Master Page, AJAX Web Form, AJAX Client Behavior, AJAX Client Control, AJAX Client Library, AJAX-embeded WCF Service On these three templates AJAX Master Page, AJAX Web Form and AJAX Client Control. What makes them different from normal templates? Is it just a matter of adding the script manager to the page or is using a AJAX Master Page have a huge benefit over doing individual pages? I have...

Ajax enabled vs Ajax toolkit website in visual studio
Hi thereHope this is the right place to post this This probably is the dummest question (almost didnt post cause i think its so dum) but please could somebody tell me what is the difference an Ajax enabled website and an Ajax toolkit website?I downloaded and installed the ajax toolkit as per the instructions etc etc and now have 2 templates available in VS, Ajax enabled website (under installed templates) and Ajax toolkit website (under My templates). Which one do i useThanks in advance for any explaination  No questions are dum ;) ASP.Net Toolkit template will make sure yo...

ajax or not to ajax.
Heres a strange one for you. I have a textbox, a button and a gridview on a page. I enter some search text which returns 500 odd records in under a second. When i wrap the gridview in an updatepanel, set its update mode to "conditional" and the trigger to the button the page can take 2-4 seconds to render. I think the problem is down to page redering some how as my progress indicator stops at around the same time as the normal postback would appear. I have also noticed this very behaviour and have come to the conclusion that in cases like this it is better to hand code a XMLHttp...

My AJAX is not AJAXing!
Hi, I was having trouble with a new AJAX enabled code so I tried to just to do a simple test page. I did the simple Label control with button example covered in this tutorial http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax/tutorial-01-cs.aspx I'm having the same problem. Functionalitw-wise it works but the page is refreshing and flickering. That means it's not the code but maybe my set up. I'm using VisualStudio 2005 and the application is currenty .NET 2.0. In VS.NET, I do see the AJAX controls though. What could this be?Thanks,Sam did you install the Ajax extensions? Now, it's AJAXing!...

To AJAX, or not to AJAX?
Some body suggested to me to use AJAX. I figured it's not the brand name detergent nor the Dutch city. So here is what I have and please tell me if it ca be done with ajax, and perhaps point me to some examples, etc. The page contains several GridViews and FormViews that display data using several data calls. (Yeah, there is my first issue. Need to figure out how to cash all that.) This is an application that track work orders, so the top most FV has the user info and summary information of the work order. It is editable and so far it works well. There is also another set of infroamt...

running a ajax enabled web site on the server that not support ajax,
Hi, Can i run ajax(or atlas) enabled web site on the server that not support ajax, if yes, please describe,(i am new in ajax and .net) thanks   Just copy the ajax dlls to you application's bin directory.Refer to http://forums.asp.net/thread/1480481.aspx for more information. I do this, but i get this error page : Server Error in '/' Application. Security Exception Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or ch...

"Ajax Control Toolkit Web Site" template missing
In VS2008 Pro, when creating a new web site, under my templates, did the "Ajax Control Toolkit Web Site" template go away?  It does not display on my system, so I need to know if it is suppose to, or was dropped from VS08.  I am sure it was there a few weeks ago...I have the toolkit installed sucessfully and have been using it on a web site, but I need to create new "Ajax Control Toolkit Web Site" to follow along with the training.  Thanks Bob  as far as I know.. there is no template in the release version. Create an asp.net ajax application and ad...

Move from non-ajax site to ajax-enabled site
Hello all! please help! In tutorial video it was easy to start using ajax by creating ajax-enabled site.Now I have situation, when I developed complicated site without ajax, then installed ajax extensions.But: in "enabled" new site - ajax works perfect. In my old site - same code doesnt work at all. How could I enable ajax in already developed site??? (without rewriting it from the very beginning in ajax-enabled template)  Hi Vorlosha, What I've done, as a quick fix, is create a new ajax enabled website, copy the web.config, and paste it into your non-ajax web...

Web resources about - Ajax Control Toolkit vs. Ajax Enabled Web Site Template - asp.net.ajax-discussion

Template - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook page template & tips for 2014
As Facebook page admins get started with 2014, the social marketing experts at ShortStack created a detailed template , including image sizes, ...

X'mas SMS Templates on the App Store on iTunes
Get X'mas SMS Templates on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Web sketching template - 6 pages - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
This is a template in A4 that I have made inspired by the one of Brandon Schauer from Adaptative Path (http://brandonschauer.com/downloads/CanUX_bschauer.pdf). ...

United Airlines accidentally sends letter template to unhappy passenger
A US air passenger may have received what is quite possibly the world’s least sincere apology letter.

TV Templates - Transcripts
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, aihiad adaph dpas, osaf das. Oi asdfpo ijafj ai.

Springpad for iOS updated with customized smart notebook templates
... , the popular personal organizer app, makes it even easier to stay organized with their latest update by introducing customized notebook templates. ...

Today’s apps gone free: Practice+, Templates for Keynote, Dr. Panda’s Mailman and more
... and packages. Dr. Panda’s Postman is available for free for a limited time. It has a 4.5-star rating with a total of 44 ratings. Templates ...

Templates, Insights and Dictation in Google Docs
Google's standalone web apps for Docs , Sheets and Slides now show a list of templates you can choose to quickly create a document, spreadsheet ...

Yellen May Emulate Taper Template and Raise Rates in December
TIME Yellen May Emulate Taper Template and Raise Rates in December Bloomberg Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen shows signs of taking a page ...