adding Ajax to my non-Ajax .NET web site

Hi all

I've a site that i developed by .NET (visual studio.net 2005 - VB.net) and want to add Ajax into the pages now.

I've downloaded required AJAX tools and be able to develop AJAX enabled pages but want to integrate ajax features to existing pages.

Could you please help me how i can do this?

Thanks

mcb
0
mcbulan

Look at the videos here: http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/  (number 7 in particular)

Steve Wellens

My blog
0
SGWellens
7/4/2008 1:34:27 PM

if a web site is a normal asp web site then u have to add these lines in web.config under the system.web tag

        <httpHandlers>

            <add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" validate="false"/>
        </httpHandlers>

for the reference i got the same issue previously u can visit

http://forums.asp.net/t/1274295.aspx

Saima Ghumman
--Mark the post as Answer if the Post helps you--
0
Sam

ajax or not to ajax.
Heres a strange one for you. I have a textbox, a button and a gridview on a page. I enter some search text which returns 500 odd records in under a second. When i wrap the gridview in an updatepanel, set its update mode to "conditional" and the trigger to the button the page can take 2-4 seconds to render. I think the problem is down to page redering some how as my progress indicator stops at around the same time as the normal postback would appear. I have also noticed this very behaviour and have come to the conclusion that in cases like this it is better to hand code a XMLHttp...

To AJAX, or not to AJAX?
Some body suggested to me to use AJAX. I figured it's not the brand name detergent nor the Dutch city. So here is what I have and please tell me if it ca be done with ajax, and perhaps point me to some examples, etc. The page contains several GridViews and FormViews that display data using several data calls. (Yeah, there is my first issue. Need to figure out how to cash all that.) This is an application that track work orders, so the top most FV has the user info and summary information of the work order. It is editable and so far it works well. There is also another set of infroamt...

Ajax-Enabled Web Site vs Ajax Control Toolkit Web Site
I just start to use Ajax and noticed when I create a new web site from command menu, I have two options, ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled Web Site from "Visual Studio installed templates" and AJAX Control Toolkit Web Site from "My templates". The first option created prefix like <ajaxToolkit:###> while the second created prefix with <cc1:#####>. Can you point me the differences between those two templates.  Thanks! The Ajax Control Toolkit has around 40 controls which works on top of Core Ajax Framework. Starting with the Control Toolkit template will ensur...

My AJAX is not AJAXing!
Hi, I was having trouble with a new AJAX enabled code so I tried to just to do a simple test page. I did the simple Label control with button example covered in this tutorial http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax/tutorial-01-cs.aspx I'm having the same problem. Functionalitw-wise it works but the page is refreshing and flickering. That means it's not the code but maybe my set up. I'm using VisualStudio 2005 and the application is currenty .NET 2.0. In VS.NET, I do see the AJAX controls though. What could this be?Thanks,Sam did you install the Ajax extensions? Now, it's AJAXing!...

Troubleshoot Web Service; Ajax AutoComplete events do not appear to not fire; Ajax web service appears to not work. .NET
Folks, I had the situation that Ajax AutoComplete events in the web service did not fire after I copied a project out of a folder, renamed it and moved it to a server. The fix was hard to find but easy to solve. I had some web service modules in an ASMX file that provided AutoComplete entries -- i.e., after the user keys in 2 or 3 characters, the list of possible entries with those leading characters is displayed for the user to select. To solve the problem, look at the web service's directive, not the code-behind or the ASMX designer.  Do a right-mouse-click...

Move from non-ajax site to ajax-enabled site
Hello all! please help! In tutorial video it was easy to start using ajax by creating ajax-enabled site.Now I have situation, when I developed complicated site without ajax, then installed ajax extensions.But: in "enabled" new site - ajax works perfect. In my old site - same code doesnt work at all. How could I enable ajax in already developed site??? (without rewriting it from the very beginning in ajax-enabled template)  Hi Vorlosha, What I've done, as a quick fix, is create a new ajax enabled website, copy the web.config, and paste it into your non-ajax web...

Old AJAX in .NET 1.1 compatibility with .NET framework 2.0. Ajax does not work always ....................
Hello,I have converted the web site from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0. Some of the pages in the web site use AJAX which was developed in .NET 1.1Ajax does not work smoothly in .NET 2.0. Do I have to use ATLAS or is there any fix I can use to make the AJAX work ?Please let me know. Many thanks in advance. Nick..........

Does anyone know of either an ajax.net blog available or an 'inline editor' for ajax.net?
Hey all:  I'm desperately trying to find an AJAX control (I don't care if it's currently for ASP.NET AJAX.NET, since if not, I'll do the conversion and make it available to others) for creating blogs and another inline editor control, so that if there is text on the page, I can click on the text and it will automatically display an editor and allow me to edit the text/html.  Does anyone know of a control like this that's AJAX enabled?  Especially AJAX.NET.  I'm only interested in open-source, since any improvements I make I will make available on codeplex.com Thanks in...

Enabling ajax to a non-ajax-enabled site
I REALLY dont want to start over with all i've done just to enable ajax... i understand that it's a matter of editing my web.config, but i've tried it several times and all i've gotten was build errors.... any chance someone can post an ajax enabled web.config with my parameters in there? I'd sooooooooo appreciate it!! Thanks!     <configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0"> <appSettings/> <connectionStrings> <add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=*removed...

Problem in converting Ajax based web site to Ajax based web application project
hi, i faced a problem in converting Ajax based web site project to Ajax based web application project  .i got  build errors of script manager,update panel,update progress whereever i use these controls in my applocation even i have already added all the respective dll files needed for this     In vplayer.designer.cs declaration of class as folllowing way:   public partial class VPlayer { protected System.Web.UI.ScriptManager scriptmanager1; protected System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel UpdatePanel1; protected System.Web.UI.UpdateProgress Updat...

Converting Non Ajax enabled project - to an Ajax enabled
I have a new requirement which needs a calendar control as in the ajax toolkit.But my application is in VS 2005 and is not an ajax enabled project. How difficult is it to convert the project to an ajax enabled one?If it is relatively easy to do it, will the conversion affect the behavior of the other pages within the projectwhich essentially dont use ajax functionality? Can someone please advise ? Hi,Converting your web application to Ajax enabled is very simple. It won't affect the other pages in you application.You can read about it in the following links:How Do I:Add ASP.NET AJAX ...

Making a non-ajax web application ajax enabled
How do you make a non-ajax web application ajax enabled?  Thanks. Heres a good article: http://www.asp.net/ajax/documentation/live/ConfiguringASPNETAJAX.aspxThanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! var ajax = true;No, seriously though, what is it you want to do?Happily, part of the answer is "start off with an application that doesn't depend on Javascript". Douglas Greenshields"Mark-up first, frameworks second!" bullpit: Heres a good article: http://www.asp.net/ajax/documentation/live/ConfiguringASPNETAJAX.aspx   thanks...

Moving from non-Ajax to Ajax-enabled web-application
Hi there I was so far developing web-application without AJAX. But now i want to move to developing Ajax-enabled web-application. However, in my existing non-Ajax web-application i don't find the AJAX controls such as Update Panel and all other........ Am I missing adding anything?? Would I need to do any additional work in order to make my existing non-Ajax application AJAX-enabled?? Is it a simple process to make non-Ajax application Ajax-enabled? Your early replies will be appreciated. Thanks, Zulfiqar Dhuka If you are using .net 2.0 framework you have to install the ...

Web resources about - adding Ajax to my non-Ajax .NET web site - asp.net.ajax-discussion

Windows Live Hotmail - Non AJAX Screenshot - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Windows Live Hotmail Integrates both mail and web search functionality.