''null' or not an object' error using validation controls in user control

Wonder if anybody has come across this before.

I’m using Atlas together with some user controls I’ve created for user input that has validation controls on the forms.

If I remove the validation controls then all works fine… however once they are enabled I get a very annoying javascript error saying “ ‘null’ is null or not an object “

Where do I even start debugging this?

If somebody knows what im doing wrong or how I could fix this please let me know.

Dewald