vb.net get FirstName, LastName using "userprofileservice.asmx"

Dear All, I am new for vb.net. and I was trying this link and its work well http://forums.asp.net/AddPost.aspx?ForumID=28 Is that possible to use (Web references) http://serverxxx/_vti_bin/userprofileservice.asmx?wsdl and get FirstName, LastName, Office, Email... from Active Directory as well. I am using Infopath to get those details, But wanna try using vb.net to do that. Thanks Lasantha
0
lasanthajn
12/10/2008 2:21:27 PM
asp.net.active-directory-ldap 2291 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Changing "Firstname Lastname" to "Lastname, Firstname"
I am using IDM 3.0.1 BE and have a AD driver setup & working but I would like to have the format of the fullname changed. Currently when the admin creates a user in iManager the fullname is in the format of "Firstname Lastname" and this syncronizes over to AD in the same format. Accounts in AD that were created before the IDM was introduced were in the format of "Lastname, Firstname" (AD domain was previously a NT domain with Exchange 5.5). So now we have all of the old accounts in "Lastname, Firstname" format and all the new accounts in "Fir...

Changing "Firstname Lastname" to "Lastname, Firstname"
I am using IDM 3.0.1 BE and have a AD driver setup & working but I would like to have the format of the fullname changed. Currently when the admin creates a user in iManager the fullname is in the format of "Firstname Lastname" and this syncronizes over to AD in the same format. Accounts in AD that were created before the IDM was introduced were in the format of "Lastname, Firstname" (AD domain was previously a NT domain with Exchange 5.5). So now we have all of the old accounts in "Lastname, Firstname" format and all the new accounts in "...

.Net 1.1 with .Net 2.0 virtual directory using AJAX "Sys undefined"
I'm having an issue running an AJAX app I built, I think I might know what the problem might be, but if so, I am not sure how to fix it. The main site is built with 1.1 and new application is 2.0.  I have the new application configured properly (as far as I can tell) in its own app pool, etc..  The app runs just fine (I have other 2.0 apps that run along side the main 1.1), but I am getting an error: "Sys undefined...."  I've checked to enusre the mappings for the .axd extension for this particular VD are pointing to the correct place as ...

C#.Net "Double" and "double" When/Where to use?
Hi all     Please let me know the difference between "Double" and "double" in c#.Net (I understand that "Double" is structure      and "double" is an instance to that structure) differences if any thing else.     Also the context in which both has been used.(When/Where to use both). thanks all...      hi,my brains says Double is reference type & double is value type.regards,satishKind Attn: If a reply to your post helped you, kindly mark it as Answered.__________...

"Net use" not working in application that runs as "system"
Hello, I am trying to create an application object to distribute a program which during the setup procedure creates two local users on the workstation. I tried to set up the application to run as an unsecure system user and start the setup.exe. This method worked fine for quite a number of apps in the past. However this app needs a drive mapping to a windows 2003 server to start the setup.exe. Apparently under windows 2003 it is no longer possible to use the "net use" command when running a script as system user. I get system error 1312 "A specified logon ses...

mapping a drive using "net use" w/no password"
duplicate. -- Regards, Kai Reichert Novell Support Forums Sysop Usually the faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard. ...

missing method "asn" in "Net::LDAP::LDIF"
hi! I just tried to work a bit with Net::LDAP::LDIF but I got an error during $ldap->add: Can't locate object method "asn" via package "Net::LDAP::LDIF" at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Net/LDAP.pm line 444, <DATA> line 225. I recently installed Convert::ASN1 0.19 an perl-ldap-0.33. Any hints? Thanks a lot! -- Liebe Gruesse, with best regards Stephan Lauffer [ Pedagogical University Freiburg - Germany ] [ http://www.ph-freiburg.de/zik/ ] [ Fon/ Fax: +49 761 682 -459/ -486 ] Hi, On Tuesday, 13. September 2005 2...

Keep getting..."Unable to get project file from server",when using vs.net
When trying to open any existing asp.net project in Visual Studio it keeps giving me the message above. It is also throwing an error when I create the project in the first place, it happens when a dos window is opened, the text in the dos window is running "Common Language Runtime Minidump Utility version 1.0.3705.0" and then VS craps out says there was an error and shuts down. I've re-installed the .net components and framework with no avail, and FrontPage extensions etc.. are all installed. I'm running XP professional and have installed IIS 5.1. This is driving me fec...

Using a REST API using "Astoria" (with .NET Framework 3.5 and VS.NET 2008 SP1)
Hello! I'm really interested in learning how to work with the new .NET Framework 3.5 and VS.NET 2008 SP1 (still beta). Here is my question: I would like to use a REST API that is not made by me. I'm talking about the REST API of Community Server 2008 (www.communityserver.org). I've got the full specification of the API. They have it well documented and ready to go. It appears to be very easy to use, but... HOW? How to connect the web services with the new .NET 3.5 properly? The full specification can be read here: http://api.communityserver.org. I've successully used...

mapping a drive using "net use" w/no password" #2
I want to set up a test scenario where I have a bunch of clients logging into a Netware server using native file access. My clients use a script file which maps shares to the server using the "net use \\server\share /p=no" (for no password). I keep getting "system error 5 - access is denied". What am I doing wrong and what can I do to fix it? Thanks for your help Assuming you're using Local mode, you must assign a Simple password. Note that a blank Simple password is not the same as never assigning a Simple password. bd NSC Voluntee...

"Net use" not working in application that runs as "system" #2
Hello, I am trying to create an application object to distribute a program which during the setup procedure creates two local users on the workstation. I tried to set up the application to run as an unsecure system user and start the setup.exe. This method worked fine for quite a number of apps in the past. However this app needs a drive mapping to a windows 2003 server to start the setup.exe. Apparently under windows 2003 it is no longer possible to use the "net use" command when running a script as system user. I get system error 1312 "A specified logon ses...

error updating excel spreadsheet using vb.net
I have written an application to handle invoices.  At the end of the process, they can print the voucher out as an excel spreadsheet.  It has been working and I have moved the application to production. I can't get the spreadsheet to update.  I get this error.  Operation must use an updateable query excel spreadsheet using vb.net  I think it is some sort of permission issue or something to do with the jet engine but I have tried everything I can think of. This generally means that the ASPNet user does not have the correct ("change") permissions to sav...

VB.NET ":=" ?
 Hi, what is this operator, ":=" ? I found it has something to do with "expression" , but not sure how to use it. I googled and didn't find any information.  Here you go: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/51wfzyw0(VS.71).aspxThanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET...

Web resources about - vb.net get FirstName, LastName using "userprofileservice.asmx" - asp.net.active-directory-ldap