Querying AD and SQL Database

I am new to Active Directory and LDAP.  In the past I have always used forms based authentication and have the users in a database table, and now I am trying to write an application using ASP.NET 2.0 in C# that will use windows authentication and have all the users in Active Directory.
Let’s say my application is a Helpdesk program and when a user enters a ticket, what would I use as the unique key for the user that entered the ticket when I add it to the database. In my previous experience I would just use the id from users table.  Now when I go to display the information about the ticket do I have 2 separate connections, 1 connection to AD to get the user information and another to get the information from the database about the ticket?

I hope that I am making sense, any help would be appreciated.

0
timedman38
1/24/2007 11:03:10 PM
asp.net.active-directory-ldap 2291 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Would it be better getting all the users from AD and storing them in a table. So when a user enters in a ticket I could get there guid and store that with the record and now I would have something to match on.
Am I on the right track???

0
timedman38