LDAP Attribute Values

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to have dynamic/virtual attribute values for the LDAP owner attribute.  For example, if I have an owner attribute value set for an OU (organizational unit), can all users in that OU have that same owner attribute value dynamically assigned to them?

Thanks.

0
mmann99
11/16/2005 12:01:20 AM
asp.net.active-directory-ldap 2291 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I am not sure what you mean.  Are you asking is there an AD
supported way to infer that objects in an OU belong to the same owner
of the OU?  Not really is the answer.  There are things like
security ownership and things like 'managedBy' attribute that can show
the 'owner' of an object.  You don't want to mess with security
ownership, and 'managedBy' is not inherited, but needs to be set on
every object you want to track.

Ryan Dunn
Weblog
The Book
LDAP Programming Help
0
dunnry
11/16/2005 10:10:16 PM

No, It cant be done

Singh

Microsoft, Directory Services

0
SinghMS
11/16/2005 10:32:21 PM
Yes, that's what I meant except my directory server is iPlanet instead of AD.

Thanks.
0
mmann99
11/17/2005 1:13:51 AM
 mmann99 wrote:
Yes, that's what I meant except my directory server is iPlanet instead of AD.

Thanks.

You would have to infer it yourself from looking into the object's container and determining it's 'managedBy' (or similar back-linked attribute).  There is no mechanism to do this automatically.

Ryan Dunn
Weblog
The Book
LDAP Programming Help
0
dunnry

Net::LDAP -> Active Directory password change attribute failure
Okay, even using the code chunk from "the FAQ"(tm), trying to have a user change their own password results in the error message: 0000052D: AtrErr: DSID-03190F00, #1: 0: 0000052D: DSID-03190F00, problem 1005 (CONSTRAINT_ATT_TYPE), data 0, Att 9005a (unicodePwd) from the $ldap->modify( changes=>{delect,add} ) operation. Have tried numerous methods of encoding the password unicode (which all end up the same result) as well as base64 encoding. Strangely, if I use a "replace" operation instead of changes=>{delect,add}, it is accepted (tho i g...

RE: Net::LDAP -> Active Directory password change attribute failure
------_=_NextPart_001_01C621ED.C1F635D4 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We use a modify/replace on the dn to change the password. However, this = operation will only succed over LDAPS and not over LDAP. Here's a sub = that we use in our account maint 'system' to change AD passwords: =20 sub _setADPasswordForUser { my ($dn, $pass) =3D @_; my $name =3D "_setADPasswordForUser"; my ( $package, $filename, $line ) =3D caller;=20 debug("$name: entering with args @_"); ...

iFolder and Active Directory LDAPS (LDAP over SSL)
I am looking for some insight in getting my iFolder server communicating with an Active directory server over SSL for user Authentication. I am using iFolder 2.1.3 and Windows 2003SP1 on the servers for both iFolder server OS and Active Directory OS. I have installed the root cert for the domain on the iFolder server. When I use the iFolder installer I can extend the schema of the directory structure over 636 using SSL without any problems, it connects and looks good. When iFolder starts the logfile has the following entries Starting iFolder server, version 2.1.3 [04/06/01] Conf...

How do I retrieve operational attributes for an LDAP entry using Net::LDAP?
how do I retrieve the values for 'creatorsName','createTimestamp', 'modifiersName', 'modifyTimestamp' using Net::LDAP module? pleae help ===== use Net::LDAP; use Net::LDAP::Util qw(ldap_error_text ldap_error_name ldap_error_desc); $host='xxxx.com'; $rdn='cn=manager,dc=xxxx,dc=com'; $ldappasswd='123456'; my $ldap=new Net::LDAP($host) or die; my $mesg=$ldap->bind("$rdn",password=>"$ldappasswd",version => 3) or die; my $mesg=$ldap->search(base=>"ou=people,dc=xxxx,dc=com",scope=>...

Net::LDAP, Active Directory and Disabled Users
------_=_NextPart_001_01C386CB.502F3B30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've been trying to write a simple perl script that will query the = active directory via LDAP and give me a list of email addresses for disabled = users (eg, addresses we don't want to accept email for anymore). I found a = website or two that suggested I use the following as my filter: (&(objectCategory=3Dperson)(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=3D= 2)) I was beginning to think these websites were wrong as whene...

4 issues with Net::LDAP and Active Directory
------_=_NextPart_001_01C74A47.D441C220 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have 4 issues which I do not understand and I have searched the Net::LDAP documentation up and down and cannot figure it out. =20 1. pwdLastSet is only available for the DN of the user who is logged in. (That seems a little odd, why is that?) and yes I logged in as another user using LDAP and it was available for them and not me. =20 2. pwdLastSet is some Active Directory timestamp (Why oh why cant Microsoft just use utc like ev...

LDAP attribute Map / LIst / extend the LDAP attributes

make Net::LDAP::LDIF more similar to Net::LDAP
Hi Graham, hi Chris, hi list, I would like to rework Net::LDAP::LDIF a bit so that its API resembles that of Net::LDAP a bit more while still keeping the traditional API. The reason for this is that in application I often need to distinguish between Net::LDAP and Net::LDAP::LDIF because some methods are only implemented on one side. I\'d like to start with a code() method that tries to mimic the Net::LDAP one and I\'d like to extend the Net::LDAP::Entry->update() method so that it takes a Net::LDAP::LDIF object as an argument. The latter one requires a...

RE: Net::LDAP, Active Directory and Disabled Users
Version of Perl:=20 5.8.0 (as supplied with RedHat9) Version of Net::LDAP: [jsteenha@jake utilities]$ perl -mNet::LDAP -e 'print = "$Net::LDAP::VERSION\n"' 0.29 Relevant part of Perl code: #!/usr/bin/perl use Net::LDAP; use Net::LDAP::Filter; $filter =3D = '(&(objectCategory=3Dperson)(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=3D= 2))'; #$filter =3D '(objectCategory=3Dperson)'; $f =3D new Net::LDAP::Filter; $f->parse($filter); $f->print(); #exit; my $ldap =3D Net::LDAP->new('acutex-dc01'); my $mesg =3D $...

Net::LDAP, Active Directory and Disabled Users #2
I've been trying to write a simple perl script that will query the active directory via LDAP and give me a list of email addresses for disabled users (eg, addresses we don't want to accept email for anymore). I found a website or two that suggested I use the following as my filter: (&(objectCategory=person)(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)) I was begining to think these websites were wrong as whenever I tried this filter, I'd go no results. With other filters, I'd get the results I'd expect to get. I then tried that filter in a couple other appli...

[Fwd: make Net::LDAP::LDIF more similar to Net::LDAP]
--------------95D5815B06BDC2BD1A0ABFEB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit --------------95D5815B06BDC2BD1A0ABFEB Content-Type: message/rfc822 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000 Message-ID: <40C7B13E.8864E5A0@cs.adelaide.edu.au> Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:54:22 +1000 From: Sion Camilleri <sion@cs.adelaide.edu.au> Reply-To: sion@cs.adelaide.edu.au X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.8 [en] (Windows NT 5.0; U) X-Accept-Language: en MIME-Version: 1.0 To: Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com>...

Net::LDAP v0.28, bug in Net::LDAP::Constant, :all not supported
Net::LDAP::Constant no longer supports the :all tag in the export list due to the switch from Exporter to a manual export routine. So, while the following: perl -MNet::LDAP::Constant=:all -e 1 worked fine in 0.2701, it now dies with the error: ":all" is not exported by the Net::LDAP::Constant module at -e line 0 Can't continue after import errors at -e line 0 BEGIN failed--compilation aborted, <DATA> line 197. The documentation for Net::LDAP::Constant still documents the ':all' tag. I am not subscribed to the list, so if some...

Fw: Re: make Net::LDAP::LDIF more similar to Net::LDAP
Am 08.06.2004 um 18:29 Uhr haben Sie geschrieben: > On 8 Jun 2004, at 16:56, peter@adpm.de wrote: > > I\'d like to start with a code() method that tries to mimic the >> Net::LDAP one and >I assume you mean better error handling ? My first goal is having a code() method in Net::LDAP::LDIF. > > I\'d like to extend the > > Net::LDAP::Entry->update() method so that it takes a > > Net::LDAP::LDIF object as an argument. The latter one > > requires a bit of work in Net::LDAP::LDIF to make it > > correct. > Not su...

Net::LDAP and Net:LDAP::LDIF read & add problems
I'm trying to read in a simple LDIF file to add an entry to my LDAP server. Here is the basic routine (extraneous details omitted for brevity and security): $ldif = Net::LDAP::LDIF->new($tmp,"r",onerror => 'warn'); $entry = $ldif->ready_entry(); $ldap = Net::LDAP->new($LDAPSERVER); $result=$ldap->bind("$binddn",password=>"$bindpass",version=>"3"); $result=$ldap->add($entry); Now, everything seems to work until I get to the $ldap->add method. From that I get various versions of the following: object...

Net::LDAP and Net:LDAP::LDIF read & add problems #2
I'm trying to read in a simple LDIF file to add an entry to my LDAP server. Here is the basic routine (extraneous details omitted for brevity and security): $ldif = Net::LDAP::LDIF->new($tmp,"r",onerror => 'warn'); $entry = $ldif->ready_entry(); $ldap = Net::LDAP->new($LDAPSERVER); $result=$ldap->bind("$binddn",password=>"$bindpass",version=>"3"); $result=$ldap->add($entry); Now, everything seems to work until I get to the $ldap->add method. From that I get various versions of the following: obj...

Web resources about - LDAP Attribute Values - asp.net.active-directory-ldap

Attribute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Template:Attributes of God - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Language: English Română Home Random Template:Attributes of God Part of a series on the Attributes of God Aseity Eternity Graciousness Holiness ...

Six Attributes Of The Perfect Facebook Page Administrator
So, here’s the thing: In many ways, hiring a Facebook page administrator is akin to hiring a poster child for your brand. This trusted manager ...

PANDA: Pose Aligned Networks for Deep Attribute Modeling - Facebook
We propose a method for inferring human attributes (such as gender, hair style, clothes style, expression, action) from images of people under ...

Facebook announces data partnerships to help advertisers target users by offline purchases and attributes ...
... will anonymously match data from consumer loyalty programs with user profiles in order to target ads by offline purchase habits and other attributes. ...

New Study Attributes Rapid Ageing Mainly To Environment Factors
New study explains why some people age faster than others.

Should I use the nofollow attribute on internal links? - YouTube
Regarding "nofollow" on internal links: Does it hurt? Does it help? I read different comments from Matt on this matter over time. What's the ...

Justin Trudeau attributes abortion stance to father's example
Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau says he is following an example set by his famous father when it comes to his position on election candidates and ...

Obama attributes western U.S. wildfires to climate change
... that has burned nearly 400 square miles in the north-central part of Washington state, along with blazes in other Western areas, can be attributed ...

Fifty Shades Of Grey Baby Births: Windsor Hospital Sees Spike In Births, Attribute Book
A significant spike in baby births at a hospital in Windsor, Ontario, has been attributed to the book Fifty Shades of Grey, which has become ...