how to replace attribute values?

Hi guys,
I know that if I can update a property like this:

If (User.Properties.Contains("test")) Then
    User.Properties("test")(0) = "testing 1" 'Update it
Else 'It does not exist, so add it
    User.Properties("test").Add("testing 2")
end if

However, If i add the values as multiple values,
e.g. User.Properties("test").AddRange(New Object() {"text 1", "text 2"})
how can i update it? First remove and then add?  How to do so?

0
yipchunyu
6/30/2006 7:37:05 AM
asp.net.active-directory-ldap 2291 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If you want to replace the values, you can either remove all the values and then add the new ones or more easily you can just use the .Value property and set it directly.

entry.Properties["someAttribute"].Value = new object[] {value1, value2};

Ryan Dunn
Weblog
The Book
LDAP Programming Help
0
dunnry
7/5/2006 1:52:43 PM
thx a lot.  will try it later today.

dunnry:
If you want to replace the values, you can either remove all the values and then add the new ones or more easily you can just use the .Value property and set it directly.

entry.Properties["someAttribute"].Value = new object[] {value1, value2};

0
yipchunyu
7/6/2006 2:13:36 AM

Thats cool!

 How would I delete a particular value with the multi valued attribute.  I have done this in vbscript for ages but I started vb.net a couple of weeks ago and cant figure out.

 I am using the accountNameHistory field of the computer object (want allowed to create a new one) to store information on build progress, so e.g. I want to write in start time as something like value(x) = "-st;" & now

 If the value is already there I want to clear it first.  In vbscript I was reading the whole attribute into a temp array and manipulating that and writing it back with PutEx, what is the best way in .net, has anyone got any sample code to put me out of my misery?Stick out tongue

 Cheers

 Mike

0
mikeyming

Net::LDAP -> Active Directory password change attribute failure
Okay, even using the code chunk from "the FAQ"(tm), trying to have a user change their own password results in the error message: 0000052D: AtrErr: DSID-03190F00, #1: 0: 0000052D: DSID-03190F00, problem 1005 (CONSTRAINT_ATT_TYPE), data 0, Att 9005a (unicodePwd) from the $ldap->modify( changes=>{delect,add} ) operation. Have tried numerous methods of encoding the password unicode (which all end up the same result) as well as base64 encoding. Strangely, if I use a "replace" operation instead of changes=>{delect,add}, it is accepted (tho i g...

RE: Net::LDAP -> Active Directory password change attribute failure
------_=_NextPart_001_01C621ED.C1F635D4 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We use a modify/replace on the dn to change the password. However, this = operation will only succed over LDAPS and not over LDAP. Here's a sub = that we use in our account maint 'system' to change AD passwords: =20 sub _setADPasswordForUser { my ($dn, $pass) =3D @_; my $name =3D "_setADPasswordForUser"; my ( $package, $filename, $line ) =3D caller;=20 debug("$name: entering with args @_"); ...

Net::LDAP, Active Directory and Disabled Users
------_=_NextPart_001_01C386CB.502F3B30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've been trying to write a simple perl script that will query the = active directory via LDAP and give me a list of email addresses for disabled = users (eg, addresses we don't want to accept email for anymore). I found a = website or two that suggested I use the following as my filter: (&(objectCategory=3Dperson)(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=3D= 2)) I was beginning to think these websites were wrong as whene...

4 issues with Net::LDAP and Active Directory
------_=_NextPart_001_01C74A47.D441C220 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have 4 issues which I do not understand and I have searched the Net::LDAP documentation up and down and cannot figure it out. =20 1. pwdLastSet is only available for the DN of the user who is logged in. (That seems a little odd, why is that?) and yes I logged in as another user using LDAP and it was available for them and not me. =20 2. pwdLastSet is some Active Directory timestamp (Why oh why cant Microsoft just use utc like ev...

Net::LDAP, Active Directory and Disabled Users #2
I've been trying to write a simple perl script that will query the active directory via LDAP and give me a list of email addresses for disabled users (eg, addresses we don't want to accept email for anymore). I found a website or two that suggested I use the following as my filter: (&(objectCategory=person)(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)) I was begining to think these websites were wrong as whenever I tried this filter, I'd go no results. With other filters, I'd get the results I'd expect to get. I then tried that filter in a couple other appli...

RE: Net::LDAP, Active Directory and Disabled Users
Version of Perl:=20 5.8.0 (as supplied with RedHat9) Version of Net::LDAP: [jsteenha@jake utilities]$ perl -mNet::LDAP -e 'print = "$Net::LDAP::VERSION\n"' 0.29 Relevant part of Perl code: #!/usr/bin/perl use Net::LDAP; use Net::LDAP::Filter; $filter =3D = '(&(objectCategory=3Dperson)(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=3D= 2))'; #$filter =3D '(objectCategory=3Dperson)'; $f =3D new Net::LDAP::Filter; $f->parse($filter); $f->print(); #exit; my $ldap =3D Net::LDAP->new('acutex-dc01'); my $mesg =3D $...

iFolder and Active Directory LDAPS (LDAP over SSL)
I am looking for some insight in getting my iFolder server communicating with an Active directory server over SSL for user Authentication. I am using iFolder 2.1.3 and Windows 2003SP1 on the servers for both iFolder server OS and Active Directory OS. I have installed the root cert for the domain on the iFolder server. When I use the iFolder installer I can extend the schema of the directory structure over 636 using SSL without any problems, it connects and looks good. When iFolder starts the logfile has the following entries Starting iFolder server, version 2.1.3 [04/06/01] Conf...

HostedActiveDirectory::GetProperties does not return multi-valued active directory values
 Hello.I would firstly like to say that this is one great forum for MPS questions and that this is my first question here (i was mostly a reader for now:)Even after some longer than usual searching i can not find solution for problem of getting ANY multi-valued active directory values by using HostedActiveDirectory::GetProperties web method. This is quite unfortunatelly. Because of this i have to cache some unnecessary meta data on my own SQL database which i would like to avoid as much as possible and work only with MPS.If i elaborate some more with example:1. I create distribution lis...

How do I retrieve operational attributes for an LDAP entry using Net::LDAP?
how do I retrieve the values for 'creatorsName','createTimestamp', 'modifiersName', 'modifyTimestamp' using Net::LDAP module? pleae help ===== use Net::LDAP; use Net::LDAP::Util qw(ldap_error_text ldap_error_name ldap_error_desc); $host='xxxx.com'; $rdn='cn=manager,dc=xxxx,dc=com'; $ldappasswd='123456'; my $ldap=new Net::LDAP($host) or die; my $mesg=$ldap->bind("$rdn",password=>"$ldappasswd",version => 3) or die; my $mesg=$ldap->search(base=>"ou=people,dc=xxxx,dc=com",scope=>...

Using specific values from multi-valued attributes via LDAP?
I understand how to inject LDAP attribute data in to the authentication process via the form fill, but is there a way to select a specific value from a multivalued attribute? Say for example that I have an attribute called "myPasswords" that has multiple string values specifying a URL and a stored password. I'd need to be able to search for the value needed for the URL I'm authenticating to, then parse out the password section of that string and inject it in to the "password" box in the form. Possible? Not possible? ---------------------------------...

Multi-valued attribute to single attribute conversion
Afternoon Everyone! I have been trying to use the default rule in the AD driver to strip multi-valued attributes but for a modify operation but without any luck. I made a copy and put it in the Command Transformation. Would someone please give me asome pinters. I keep getting LDap Error 21, Invalid syntax. Error in attribute conversion operation. Here is the rule I am attempting using: <rule> <description>Convert multi-valued Telephone to single value</description> <conditions> <and> <if-operation op="equal">modify<...

Mutli-valued attribute to multi-valued attribute
We want to synchronize a multi-valued attribute (created by our own) to a multi-valued attribute in the other edirectory store. But when we are adding attributes we only have the changed values. The previous one is lost. When deleting one value in the Identity Vault then it removes the attribute from the object. Any ideas ? > We want to synchronize a multi-valued attribute (created by our own) to a > multi-valued attribute in the other edirectory store. But when we are > adding attributes we only have the changed values. The previous one is > lost. When deleting ...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

LDAP Attribute Values
Hi everyone,Is it possible to have dynamic/virtual attribute values for the LDAP owner attribute.  For example, if I have an owner attribute value set for an OU (organizational unit), can all users in that OU have that same owner attribute value dynamically assigned to them?Thanks. I am not sure what you mean.  Are you asking is there an AD supported way to infer that objects in an OU belong to the same owner of the OU?  Not really is the answer.  There are things like security ownership and things like 'managedBy' attribute that can show the 'owner' of an...

Web resources about - how to replace attribute values? - asp.net.active-directory-ldap

Attribute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Template:Attributes of God - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Language: English Română Home Random Template:Attributes of God Part of a series on the Attributes of God Aseity Eternity Graciousness Holiness ...

Six Attributes Of The Perfect Facebook Page Administrator
So, here’s the thing: In many ways, hiring a Facebook page administrator is akin to hiring a poster child for your brand. This trusted manager ...

PANDA: Pose Aligned Networks for Deep Attribute Modeling - Facebook
We propose a method for inferring human attributes (such as gender, hair style, clothes style, expression, action) from images of people under ...

Facebook announces data partnerships to help advertisers target users by offline purchases and attributes ...
... will anonymously match data from consumer loyalty programs with user profiles in order to target ads by offline purchase habits and other attributes. ...

New Study Attributes Rapid Ageing Mainly To Environment Factors
New study explains why some people age faster than others.

Should I use the nofollow attribute on internal links? - YouTube
Regarding "nofollow" on internal links: Does it hurt? Does it help? I read different comments from Matt on this matter over time. What's the ...

Justin Trudeau attributes abortion stance to father's example
Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau says he is following an example set by his famous father when it comes to his position on election candidates and ...

Obama attributes western U.S. wildfires to climate change
... that has burned nearly 400 square miles in the north-central part of Washington state, along with blazes in other Western areas, can be attributed ...

Fifty Shades Of Grey Baby Births: Windsor Hospital Sees Spike In Births, Attribute Book
A significant spike in baby births at a hospital in Windsor, Ontario, has been attributed to the book Fifty Shades of Grey, which has become ...