How can I use ADO or LDAP to connect AD

Dear sir :

 I am new to asp.net 2.0,and I search article in this forum to study

 I want to manage user account and group with asp.net web interface, and it can use textbox to create、query、delete、update account information

I don't know how to start,please help.

many thanks

0
james_chen
7/23/2007 3:35:01 PM
asp.net.active-directory-ldap 2291 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi james,

May this useful link help you

http://www.codeproject.com/cs/system/everythingInAD.asp

 Thanks,
Manach.

0
manach

Can't delete directory entry in AD using Net::LDAP
--001485f449ce51c35104b03acba0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Hello, I'm trying to delete a user entry in Active Directory using this code: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use Net::LDAP; my $server = '192.168.56.1'; my $port = '389'; my $mesg; my $c = Net::LDAP->new($server, port => $port) or die "Unable to connect to $server: $@\n"; my $binddn = "cn=Peter Parker,cn=users,dc=example,dc=com"; my $passwd = "secret"; $mesg = $c->bind($binddn, password => $passwd); die 'Unable to bind:...

Quering Active Directory (LDAP) without use ADO
Hello, I need to connect with Active Directory for users validation, but I need to do it without ADODB. I use sysbase powerbuilder 9. I have found a lot of example code ADODB.... but I cant use it because I want to run the application from wine (linux win32 emulator) and it does not support ADODB. Any help or example code would be very appreciated. Thanks a lot. OLEObject adoCommand, adoConnection, adoRootDSE OLEObject adoRecordset String ls_Query, ls_Value, ls_DNSDomain String ls_user, ls_pass, ls_domain, ls_red Integer li_rc boolean lb_valido ls_domain =3D as_domi...

Active Directory LDAP Query using current windows user for AD login
I have the following AD LDAP query that gives me all of the users in a specific group, and it works just fine, however on Lines 3 and 10, how can I pass the authentication token of the current windows user (i.e. User.Identity.Name) to Active Directory so that the user viewing this web page is the one that is being authenticated in AD to query AD?  The web app uses Integrated Windows Authentication.  Anonymouse access is turned off (and cannot be turned on for security purposes).  All domain users are already able to query Active Directory.  I'm in a corporat...

iFolder and Active Directory LDAPS (LDAP over SSL)
I am looking for some insight in getting my iFolder server communicating with an Active directory server over SSL for user Authentication. I am using iFolder 2.1.3 and Windows 2003SP1 on the servers for both iFolder server OS and Active Directory OS. I have installed the root cert for the domain on the iFolder server. When I use the iFolder installer I can extend the schema of the directory structure over 636 using SSL without any problems, it connects and looks good. When iFolder starts the logfile has the following entries Starting iFolder server, version 2.1.3 [04/06/01] Conf...

Can connect but can't bind to LDAP using Java
Can connect but can't bind to LDAP using Java I am using a lotus notes java agent to try and connect to a Novell server but I can't bind to that server. If I use the standard port 389 I get a "Confidentiality Required (13)" error if I use port 636 the connection times out. I can log on with no password. When I read about this I find the suggestion set your password to clear text in the LDAP group object using ConsoleOne well ConsoleOne is a POC not least because the interface keeps degrading especially when you use a screen magnifier. Because I don't know...

LDAP connection (Active Directory)
Is there a way to use Active Directory and the ASP.net website administration tool together? I would like to use the domain user, but put them into roles created in the administration tool. If you use the default role provider, you simply add the roles to the user, where you include the domain name. Make sure the username has the following format: <domain>\<username>  /Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCTASPInsidersMy Blog Is it possible to use the login component provided within VWD to query Active Directory? Or do I have to make this mys...

Missing Perl module Net::LDAP needed for connecting to LDAP
------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C86237.45ADCAC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, I cannot edit some of the settings on usermin. The save changes button has suddenly gone missing and a message saying "Missing Perl module Net::LDAP needed for connecting to LDAP" has appeared on top of the form. Can you please help me fix whatever has gone wrong? The form was fine yesterday. Michelle ------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C86237.45ADCAC0-- On Tue, 29 Jan 2008, Michelle Crouch wrote: >...

[Fwd] Using Net::LDAP with AD
----- Forwarded message from al_maurer@agilent.com ----- Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 14:18:41 -0600 To: gbarr@pobox.com From: al_maurer@agilent.com Subject: Using Net::LDAP with AD Hi Graham, I'm using Robbie Allens' book to try to write perl-LDAP scripts to work against Active Directory. When I go to your site to get the the bits, all I find is a tarfile. Is perl-ldap only designed to run on a Unix/Linux platform? I'm running ActivePerl on my Win2K client and would like to use that platform if perl-ldap will install on Windows. Thanks, AL Al Maurer Service Manage...

How do I retrieve operational attributes for an LDAP entry using Net::LDAP?
how do I retrieve the values for 'creatorsName','createTimestamp', 'modifiersName', 'modifyTimestamp' using Net::LDAP module? pleae help ===== use Net::LDAP; use Net::LDAP::Util qw(ldap_error_text ldap_error_name ldap_error_desc); $host='xxxx.com'; $rdn='cn=manager,dc=xxxx,dc=com'; $ldappasswd='123456'; my $ldap=new Net::LDAP($host) or die; my $mesg=$ldap->bind("$rdn",password=>"$ldappasswd",version => 3) or die; my $mesg=$ldap->search(base=>"ou=people,dc=xxxx,dc=com",scope=>...

LDAP authentication using active directory
Happy Holidays. I am trying to set up bugzilla using LDAP authentication via active directory on a windows box. This setup does not seem to be covered in depth in the documentation. Does anyone have experience doing this or have a guide handy? Thanks, Brian ...

Net::LDAP, Active Directory and Disabled Users
------_=_NextPart_001_01C386CB.502F3B30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've been trying to write a simple perl script that will query the = active directory via LDAP and give me a list of email addresses for disabled = users (eg, addresses we don't want to accept email for anymore). I found a = website or two that suggested I use the following as my filter: (&(objectCategory=3Dperson)(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=3D= 2)) I was beginning to think these websites were wrong as whene...

Query Printers In active Directory using LDAP
OK so I know a little about Ldap in that i can successfully connect to AD through LDAP and return a list of security groups from a folder and that all works great BUT I am querying through ASP.NET and im trying to get a list of printers which I believe can be found by the query using (objectCategpry=printQueue) So are these printer objects stored somewhere, I mean in a folder like the security groups are, I don't know much about AD but I'm told that the printers are published through AD, Anyone know what this means? I'm confused as nobody seems to be able to tell me where in AD the p...

Bugzilla LDAP (MS Active Directory )connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C6C559.781C7550 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I have just upgraded Bugzilla from 3.18.5 to 2.22, I am trying to establish LDAP authentication using active directory with no success, I keep getting an error when trying to log on "The username or password you entered is not valid" although they are correct My LDAP setup is as follows: Top of Form LDAPserver srv.mycomp.ent LDAPbinddn CN=LDAP1,CN=Users,DC=mycomp,DC=ent:123456 ...

How to query LDAP server by using ADO.NET
Hi all, I'm in an environment of VB.NET, ASP.NET and Novell eDirectory 8.5*. What I need to do is to retrieve all customers (about 10000+) with their firstname and lastname. I tried to use System.DirectorySearcher, but its performance of retrieving and looping thru such big amount of data to display on .aspx page is very very slow, especially looping thru the SearchResultsCollection took a lot of time. Back in VB6 world, I had some working code that used ADO (Command & RecordSet, etc) to query the same LDAP server. Then I wonder if ADO.NET can work the same way, that's where t...

Web resources about - How can I use ADO or LDAP to connect AD - asp.net.active-directory-ldap

First Capital Connect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
( FCC ) is a British train operating company , owned by FirstGroup , operating the Thameslink Great Northern franchise . FCC operates passenger ...

Connect
mobile photography technology, culture and community www.dpreview.com News Reviews Features Phones Tablets Cameras Apps Forums Mobile photography ...

CloudCraze Connects Consumers To Facebook Brands Via Cloud Technology
Brands on Facebook are always looking for new, efficient ways to connect with customers . CloudCraze, which recently released its 3.0 e-commerce ...

Australian app Sociabl connects fan with their idols
Just into their 20s, cousins Brandon Reynolds and Jarrad Hrotek are set to launch a video call app that connects celebrities with their fans ...

Movesum step-tracking app connects how you move with what you eat
... your funny bone . Movesum Lifesum - Healthier living, better eating, more movement Pedometer++ Moves Movesum step-tracking app connects ...

SanDisk’s Wireless Connect 200GB Flash Drive Streams and Shares Without Plugging In
The SanDisk Wireless Connect 200GB flash drive is just huge. Besides its size, it also connects over password protected Wi-Fi to let you transfer ...

Solar Plants: UK’s Lightsource Connects 100 MW Of Solar In December
Lightsource Renewable Energy has announced the connection of 23 new sites in December, totaling more than 100MW of new capacity. This is a solid ...

A pause in the shouting: Obama, critics connect at CNN's town hall on guns
CNN A pause in the shouting: Obama, critics connect at CNN's town hall on guns CNN (CNN) A president who has vowed to politicize gun control ...

Triple-whammy Bluetooth keyboard connects to 3 devices flawlessly
Lust List: K380 Multi-Device Bluetooth Keyboard by Logitech Not one, not two, but three devices, all commanded by a single keyboard. Three Bluetooth ...

Watch Hillary Attempt To Connect To The Youth by Playing ‘Heads Up!’ On ‘Ellen’
Watch Hillary Attempt To Connect To The Youth by Playing ‘Heads Up!