what's difference between Accesss DataBase and Sql Sever about Sql String(or Command),Sql StoreProcedure ?

i am being dirty to Access DataBase from Sql Sever Database for my new work.
But the sql string of Access sounds like a little different,can i use  the sql string of SqlSever for Access database,too?
another question is: Does Access DataBase support Sql StoreProcedure??? when i worked in Access2000 ,did not see any about StoreProcedure,but i download a file named AccessHelper.cs  , some function of it looks like support StoreProcedure,Does it?
i want to fly ...
0
dkzeng

Hi dkzeng ,

Your first question

    The string of both sqlsever and access are based on SQL standard. However there are a little of different in the string of SQL. You can go to the reference websites of sqlserver or access to get more detail information.

the second question

   As your said, Storeprocedure  is supported in Access, nevertheless the storeprocedure is not named "storeprocedure" like sqlserver. It is called "Query" in Access, I think that you can find that easily. Moreover the function of query in access is more simple than of the storeprocedure in sqlserver.

  You should master this tools in short period base on you with more experiences of sqlserver.

Good Luck!
0
simonkhm

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login 'WinFM SQL PFS'. Login fails.
HiASP pages were properly connecting to SQL DB until I restored from a backup DB.  As soon as I finished restoring from the backup DB, I am getting the following error message.   I did not make any changes on ASP side.  IIS Server and SQL 2K Server is running on a WIN2K Server Box.Please help.Thank you.HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP errorInternet Information ServicesTechnical Information (for support personnel)Error Type:Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login...

All SELECT INTO's (inline SQL) causing SQL errors with PB11.5 (SQLOLEDB) on Vista/SQL 2000
Hello all- I recently migrated a PowerBuilder app to 11.5 on a box running Vista and SQL Server 2000. I believe the DB Profile is correctly set up since I can use the Database painter and query the tables with no issue. However, if I open any script that contains any inline SQL (SELECT/INTO's), the scripts won't compile and the SQL error 42000 is thrown. Strangely, the app runs fine and the inline SQL seems to execute successfully at run-time, but in the script views, something appears to be wrong. Here is my db profile I have setup for development: // Profile <...

SQL Server 05 & .NET .dll's: executing .dll from T-SQL
Can I manually execute a .dll stored in SQL Server 2005?Is it possible for this .dll to do anything: call a Web Service, process XML, etc?Thanks. ...

New errors access MS SQL Server Database on (CREATE DATABASE and Batch SQL Statement)
------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C2F2CB.0C201FF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm running ActiveState perl 5.8.0 on a WIN2K box with MS SQL Server = 2000. Recently I updated DBD-ODBC to v1.05 and DBI to v1.35 Now I get the following errors executing some sql commands CREATE SQLSTMT:[CREATE DATABASE POMS_SER ON (NAME =3D 'POMS_SER_DAT', = FILENAME =3D 'd:\Database\POMS\POMS_SER_Data.MDF', SIZE =3D 10MB) LOG ON = ( NAME =3D 'POMS_SER_LOG', FILENAME =3D = 'd:\Database\POMS\POMS_S...

SQL cache dependency polling failed for SQL database 'MyDatabase' because of permission problem.
I hope soemone can help me with thte following driving me crasy ...I have sql cache dependency working fine on local machine when i move app up to development server and try and run via virtual dir I recieve the above error.Remote access to database is granted to via guest user role , which has select , connect, update and insert permissions How can i set approaite permissions to allow polling of database many thanksps app runs fine when run via visual studio    for those how may be interested i managed to resolve this by giving the guest user role execute permissions under&...

Insert SQL on Sql Command
i'm using an sql command for insert query it looks like this cmd=new sqlcommand("insert into tblname values('" & textbox1.text & "')",cn) cmd.executereader the problem is if i type a singlequote or double quote an error is throwing,invalid syntax .... how can i s'rt out it with out using a sql stored procedure thanks in advance PrasantHI think therefore i'mvPrasĀ© Hi, try replacing the single quotes present in your input with double single quotes ... example below: string sqlInput = textbox1.text.Replace("'","''...

difference between T-Sql and Sql,
Hi guys, I am very new to Sybase, can some one tell me the differences between T-Sql and Sql. Thanks in advance, Munish. I believe you are referring to: SQL--The standard SQL syntax used universally for most DBMS's T-SQL--Transact-SQL, Sybase's flavor of SQL the is used for writing stored proc's, etc. I supported variable declarations, functions and data-type conversion. -Dan ...

'Too many characters' error in sql string
Hello i constructed the following query in SQL management studio and it runs fine, exactly how i want it to. However when i run it in my code behind i get the error: 'Too many characters in character literal' I desperatly need to use this query exactly how it displays in the mangement tool - why wont it work the same in my code behind? (I am using c# in my code behind and binding the results of the query to a gridview) Regards "SELECT DISTINCT (dbo.AuthorList(publicationID))+ ';' + ISNULL(' Editor: '+Publication.editor, '')+ '' + ISNULL...

How can I get the 'entire' database, structure and data, from SQL server 2008 to SQL server 2005?
1) I can't get the 'copy database' function to work from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2005. I connect ok. Everything goes to the last step and then it fails.2) I cant get a SQL server 2008 backup to restore on SQL SEerver 2005 either. The only way I know that works is to script the creation of all tables then export and import. This does work. How can I get the 'entire' database, structure and data, from 2008 to 2005? ThanksSQL newbie. Visual Studio 2008 supports a type of project called a database project. You might try importing the schema of t...

FYI - Interesting difference between Oracle SQL and MS SQL
While converting some code from T-SQL to PL/SQL, I ran across an interesting bit of MS SQL code.  The code looked odd to me so I did a quick experiment to prove what it did.  I was quite surprised by the MS SQL results! In ORACLE: create table testunion (aaa number); insert into testunionselect 2 from dualunion select aaa * aaa from testunion;  select * from testunion;  -- Returns one record, as it should, "2" delete testunion; insert into testunionselect 2 from dualunion allselect aaa * aaa from testunion; select * from testunion; -- Returns one record, ...

How to import excel sheet into SQL Database in SQL Server from Remote SQL Client
 Hi all, I need to import Excel sheet into SQL Database in SQL Server machine.this excel sheet can be kept in any where.it may client or server machines.but I need to import it using any SQL client(Remote Client in web) machine.I can do it using  SQL Sever Machine.but it doesn't work using SQL Client  machine.I need to do it using  SQL query.it imported using Import/Export wizard in SQL through SQL Client machine.but it can't using SQL quary.Please tel me how I do this.Following are my code.---------------------------------------------------------------------...

What's the Access query equivalent of SQL's "CONVERT"?
I'm trying to use the following query in a new Access-based project. It works fine with SQL Server, but Access doesn't seem to like "CONVERT". Dim MyQuery as string = "SELECT * from Deadlines WHERE ([DueDate] > CONVERT(DATETIME, '" & CurrDate & "', 112)) ORDER BY DueDate ASC" Anyone have an equivalent statement for Access? I need to only pull those records where 'DueDate' is today or later. Thanks in advance.Stephen Here's the error I get: Server Error in '/' Application. ---------------------------------------------------...

What is difference between Transaction in C# code and SQL Command(SQL Server2000) ?
I'm confusedWhat is difference between them ?I have ever seen both of style to use Transaction but Now, I don't understand  What is difference between them ?please describe me Hello, I think that when you use Transactions in C# you can roll back the changes when there is an error catched in C# runtime mode, in the other hand, using Transactions in T-SQL, you can roll back the changes when you need from SQL stored procedure.IS that what you need?regardsASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest) There are two ways to perform them. What you can do in C# can be done better in T-SQL. A sp can make...

Changing the Database from sybase SQL sever to MS SQL server
Hi there! Here is problem I am getting when I am connecting to MS sql server 6.5 instead of Sybase sql server(which was primarily used while developing the application) I am using getdate() function to get the sever date from ms sql server 6.5, and I am getting the result as "1/??/11", this is happning if I am assigning it to a variable declared as 'datetime' , and in the data windows i see the same same date format as "1/??/11", The problem is if I design new application it works fine but when I use the existing application I does'nt. If anyone...

Web resources about - what's difference between Accesss DataBase and Sql Sever about Sql String(or Command),Sql StoreProcedure ? - asp.net.access-datasource

Learn SQL Server programming - developer Fusion
Get up to speed with the latest on SQL Server and learn SQL Server programming with our in-depth articles, tips and tricks and sample code. Get ...