Synchronise access to ms access database

Hello guys,

i'm currently working on an asp.net application that connects to an access database. What I am noticing in the developement process is that whenever i'm opening the database using MS access and trying to execute a function in my project that needs to access the database, i get an error "couldn't open file". Well, the solution is to close the database in MS access so to be allow my asp.net application to access the database. What i m wondering now is what will happen if two or more users connect to my asp.net application and try to do some operation on the database. would that create a synchronisation problem ? would one user have access while the others blocked? if yes, how to deal with it. thank you in advance.
0
Xlock

Accessing a MS Access database
Hi, I would like to do a lookup into an Access database, and display the result in a grid. I'm an embedded programmer being thrown into the world of .net, asp, VB, and databases so I don't know where to start :-) ...... can anyone help me ? Thanks. Really jus ta matter of making a connection, doing your query, and displaying results. Here is a sample from a module I use. The data is bound to a datagrid. Sub LoadSchedule() Dim strSrc As String = CType(Settings("src"), String) If Trim(strSrc) <> "" Then ...

accessing MS Access from .net
hi I am accessing ms access data base which has a table called customers. when i try to insert data into the table i am gettign the error like "Operation must use an updatable query" and the line its showing is myOleDbcommand.ExecuteNonQuery() here is my code in page lode event Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) Dim StrConnectString as String Dim strStatement as String strConnectSTring = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Password='';User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Srinu\WebApplication2\...

Access access
========== Hi, Everyone ... I'm going to lock this thread for now. If you have a question about working with Access in Web Matrix, please start a new thread in this forum. Otherwise, this thread will get to be unwieldy. Thanks! ========== Updated 6/29/03 Hello, everyone. I've been working with the new version of Web Matrix (version .6, build 812, available right now!). In particular, I've been playing with support for Microsoft Access, which is one of the great new features in the new release. I wrote up some notes on what I've found to share some of my experiences and to a...

accessing access
------=_NextPart_000_029B_01C29063.1E2098D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi! I am trying to access an access mdb file for the first time. I get the following error: Can't connect(dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb ), no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env var not set at jfa_data.pl line 147 for the code: my $dbh = DBI->connect( "dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb", "", "", ) or die "Unable to connect: ". $DBI::errstr. "<br>"; What am I missing? Thanks, Jer...

accessing ACCESS database
Hi, I am trying to write a script that copies an information from ACCESS but it gives me the following error: Can't call method "Sql" on an undefined value at franowner.pl.txt line 4. Here's the script: use Win32::ODBC; $DSN="db1"; $db = new Win32::ODBC("db1"); $db->Sql("SELECT owner_first_name, owner_last_name FROM Owners WHERE ID=11"); if ($db->Error()) { print "Error: $db->Error"; } statement:\n$DBI:errstr\n"; ($ownerfname,$ownerlname) = $db->FetchRow(); print "Database results: first ...

Accessing MS Access
Hi all, This is probably a more DB oriented question, but it came out of the = DBI. I posted a question and have tried several solutions on how to open = up an MS Access DB from the DBI::ODBC but so far have been unable to. = What I had to end up doing was create a DTS that runs every 5 minutes = which copies the table I need from Access and populates a SQL Server = table. This causes a delay on my web application such that whenever my = page overlaps while the DTS is running I get no data. So I was wondering = if there is a better way to get information from Access so I can see it =...

How to Access a MS Access Database in a webserver
i, I have a database that is located outside of root. /database /myzone /clients /test /WebAPPTest4/default.aspx I was given following code by my host but I couldnt get it work. ****************************************************** Private Sub Connection() Dim strPath = Server.MapPath("/") Dim strPathDatabase = Replace(strPath, "\www", "\database") Dim strConnection = strPathDatabase & "\RecordLabel.mdb" Dim sConnectionString As New String("Provider=Microsof...

How to get an access to MS Access database?
Is it possible to get normal access to MS Access database without OLE DB drivers just with methods of ASP.NET. The problem is that the hoster set trust level to medium and does not allow using of OLE DB drivers. Thank you....

MS access to MS access problem
I always used MS Access Database In my programs, now I want to use SQL SERVER database and so I started to design one. but it’s a little bit confusing ,I don’t know what can I use in change of these access Data type : MS access // MS access -------------- -------------------- Memo >>>>>>>> ?? AutoNumber >>>>> ?? * and if you think there is some difference between Ms access and SQL in D...

Data Access using MS Access Database
I am writing an application I am writing in VS 2005 Web Developer.  I have been able to connect to my Access Database just fine, but I am having trouble pulling rows from the database.  I have a drop down list in order to choose an employee.  After the employee is picked I need to copy their address, city, state, and zip ifrom my table into text boxes on the form.  I have looked for a week now, but nothing goes beyond just the connection itself.  I can find plenty using sql, but not access.  Can anyone help? Most of the SQL examples you will find for use ...

Accessing Sybase Database with MS Access 97
I'm trying to use Microsoft Access 97 to access a Sybase SQL Anywhere database. I can link to 95% of the tables, but I'm not allowed to link or import any of the tables created by "SYS". I need to access SYSTABLE, SYSCOLUMN, SYSDOMAIN, etc. As a matter of fact, not only am I not able to import the tables, I can't even see those tables when I'm presented with a list of tables to choose from in MS Access. Please reply to my e-mail address if possible! Thanks. -- Peter Lucas Decade Software Company peterlucas@mediaone.net Maybe Access is only listing ...

Accessing client-side MS Access database
My application was using MS SQL Server as a backend database, and we need to import records stored in a MS Access database which is located at client PC. An error message of "cannot find database at c:\...\....\abc.mdb was occured, is there any way to connect client-side database? You'd have to write an ActiveX DLL and require the user to allow it to be downloaded onto their PC. The only file you can access on the client's PC are cookie files... Jerry The only way you can import the records stored in the client's Access database is to make them upload it to the server and the...

Accessing MS Access Database with security password
Hi, can anyone help me how to access my MS Access database that has a security password? Im using C# btw. ThanksDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. Look at www.connectionstrings.com for examples of all sorts of connection strings.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog Thanks! Its all there.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. Hello, I...

Single user access on MS Access database
We just transitioned our DATA volume from a Netware traditional volume to a iSCSI connected NSS volume on a NetApp Filer FAS 270. Netware 6.5 Since the move we've noticed a MS Access database issue arise. When the database is opened by the next user they receice the error message: "MSysAccessObjects can not be opened it is currently opened by another user" This is an Access file table not a custom table. Is it a Oplocks and/or File Caching issue on the server? If so, where can I tuen that off? Does anyone know of any issues regarding MS Access and NSS volu...

Web resources about - Synchronise access to ms access database - asp.net.access-datasource

A-League head Damien de Bohun says no plans to synchronise final rounds in future
All five games of the final round of the A-League season this weekend will have an impact on the make-up of the top six but Football Federation ...

Residents asked to synchronise toilet flushing
Residents asked to synchronise toilet flushing

Choir singers 'synchronise their heartbeats'
Choir singers not only harmonise their voices they also synchronise their heartbeats, a study suggests.

HaveClip synchronises clipboards across your network
... probably don’t want your clipboard text overwritten every time someone else copies something – but fortunately the program can be set to synchronise ...

Yoga synchronises heart, mind, and body: PM Modi's advise to everyone
... this a part of their lives. Sometimes, we notice our mind works on one thing, the body on another, and time brings us in conflict. Yoga synchronises ...

Sleeping in a tent could cure your insomnia: Exposure to the natural light of dawn and dusk helps synchronise ...
Researchers at the University of Colorado Boulder found that after a week of exposure to the natural light-dark cycle, people find it easier ...

Pendulum clocks synchronise using sound pulses, scientists discover
Scientists may have finally discovered why pendulum clocks synchronise when placed nearby.

App Store - Easy Books
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Easy Books on the App Store. Download Easy Books and enjoy it on your ...

Hippocampus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The hippocampus is located in the medial temporal lobe of the brain . In this lateral view of the human brain, the frontal lobe is at left, the ...

Coordinated Universal Time - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Coordinated Universal Time ( UTC ) is the primary time standard by which the world regulates clocks and time. It is one of several closely related ...