Query String Query

 Hey i have no issues getting a bunch of value out of a datasource based on a query string when the format is like :

Default.aspx?id=1

I then put the "default.aspx" page in a folder called "profile" and tryed to see if query strings in this format worked :

Profile?id=1

My new "challenge" is to get it so that the person can have a string value as there id but in this format :

Profile/String

i believe it is doable but i am not sure how. Anyone know / suggestions? thanks Si!

0
blink18jew

You can use URL Rewriting/Mapping

Brian O'Connell (MCAD) - http://www.systemdotweb.com
0
BrianOConnell
6/2/2007 12:09:16 AM

Thats helpful for rewriting i wanted users to have a URL for themselves, so for example :

www.mysite.com/joeblogs

in the database user ID 1 would have "joeblogs" in the URL field of the members table and it would get the details out from that. is that possible? or is the rewrite the only way? Si!

0
blink18jew
6/2/2007 12:38:43 AM

You could use a custom error page. Using a custom error page you can examine the url and if it's a valid user then redirect to the appropriate page but the url will change. URL rewriting is the method used where you want the user to see the url they originally entered and I'm pretty sure you could do the way you want to with a little work.

Brian O'Connell (MCAD) - http://www.systemdotweb.com
0
BrianOConnell

Query about Queries
Hello all, As a relatively new user to Sybase I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. We are getting ready to go live with our database and I am wondering what types of queries I should be running for system performance purposes. If anyone has any suggestions they would be more than appreciated. Thanks in advance, Jerry ...

Query a Query
I have a result set in a query. Is it possible to query this query? (no specific SQL dialect, can it be done generically?) Petros -- PETROS GAVRIELIDES wrote: > I have a result set in a query. > Is it possible to query this query? > > (no specific SQL dialect, can it be done generically?) There is a generic answer to your question: Yes, there is a construct called a sub-query that allows you, in 1 SQL statement, to query from a query. But, generically speaking, not all DB engines support this construct. For instance, Firebird only added it just over a y...

How to Query A Query
I have been trying to build a crosstab report that reports everydate within a selected range across the top and specific row information. 7/1 7/2 7/3 . . . Name Detail1 Detail2 Detail3 Name Detail1 What I get as output is only the dates that contain information in the rows. I can get the information I need by using a query within a query (nested). Can a nested query be done in Informaker 5? What about version 6 or 7? Thanks for your help Convert your SQL to syntax, and you can write anything you want. So if your DB support...

How to query a query...
I'm working on converting an Access DB that I created into an ASP.NET application (and attempting to learn ASP at the same time...). One of my queries was very complex and required running a different query first, and then working off of that one. Any suggestions on the best way to do this in ASP? The following is a sample of code I'm using so you can see the type of data-binding I'm using. Thanks for the help! myConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; " +"Data Source=" + Server.MapPath("/EquipmentCheckout.mdb")) strS...

how to redirect query string of domain1 to the query string of domain2?
 Hello members!i have two websites made in asp.net 2.0 and i want to redirect the query string of domain1 to the query string of domain2, for examplei want to redirectwww.domain1.com/example.aspx?f=helloTO www.domain2.com/example.aspx?f=hellohow can i do it? can i do it in web.config file? Please help me out. i really need to do this. Thanks in advance. waiting for your replies.Arbaz www.funscarpe.comwww.123friendster.com in domain1 write this line i the page load event String qs=Request.Querystring["f"].tostring(); and in the redirecting code write this response.redirect...

URL Query string to set a textfield and then remove the query string from URL?
I have a gridview on another page with a column that will link to this page. I'm flirting with design options, but am considering a template field with hyperlink that includes a query string ?search=mydata container.  My question challenge, is that I want to use that query string to set a textbox on the called page, but then need the query string to no longer be visible in the url, and espectially after a refersh or other selection. I guess I could use response.redirect to clear the query string, but won't that cause my textbox viewstate to be cleared defeating the whole exercise. &nb...

Query Analyzer / Query in MS Access
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, How can create query analyzer  / Query in MS Access using Vb.NEt 2003 (web base)... Can give me sample program for this... For Database i using MS Access 2003... Thanks...

Passing a query in a query string to a Button
I have a query srting (http://localhost/test.aspx?id=2992) and I would like to pass the 2992 to a link   "Bnview" runat="server" PostBackUrl="Live.aspx?=(something here)" Text="Live" /> How would I pass that 2992 into the button so that the page will open the proper query string.   Set it in the code-behind. Bnview.PostbackURL = string.format("live.aspx?param1={0}", value)Chris LoveASP.NET 2.0 Your Visual Blueprint for developing Web Applications Where in the code behind should this be placed? Hi, you first need ...

query string in .net
 Hi All, Can anybody give me some info on query string in .NET.How is it used in passing information from one page to another.What other purpose it serves?...If anyone has a link to understand it better with examples that wuld be great.pls help.  ThanksSimi------------&------------"To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail." -Michael Jordan siminet:Can anybody give me some info on query string in .NET.How is it used in passing information from one page to another.What other purpose it serves?...If anyone has a link to understand it better with examples...

Query in Access not working in VS Query Builder !!!!
hello guys i have a query in my MS access DB running & showing results , but when i try to use it by query builder in VS 2005, the VS see it as a function !!. and it doesnt even work when i copy the sql to the query builder here is the code :SELECT DISTINCT PositionTbl.PositionCode, EmpPosition.PafNo, EmpNames. FN, EmpNames.LN, TblEmployee.ActMobDt, TblEmployee.ActDeMobDt, (SELECT SUM(TimeSheetTbl.SatST + TimeSheetTbl.SatOT + TimeSheetTbl.SunST + TimeSheetTbl.SunOT + TimeSheetTbl.MonST + TimeSheetTbl.MonOT ...

Querying a Queried result...
Hi, is there such a thing as querying a queried result? Example, query 1 produces Result A. Result A's table is stored 'somewhere' to be queried by query 2 which produces Result B If there is, could you kindly direct me to a website with the appropiate article on this topic? Thanks, -Gabian- Yes there is, querying a View is querying a query rewrite. Send me an email the address is in my profile I will send you a Views tutorial I wrote a while back and run a search for query results from View in your BOL(books online) for code samples. Hope this helps. Kind regards, ...

Having trouble querying a query?
I'm trying to transition my reports from Access 2000 into Infomaker 7.0 but I'm having trouble combining two queries together. In Access you had to option of pulling tables or queries as your data, I don't see this option in Infomaker, am I missing something. Thanks from a newbie... IM doesn't have this feature, since it adheres to general Ansi SQL standards. If you show me the Access query, maybe I can give you a workaround. Are you querying an Access DB or a different DB, e.g. Oracle? -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your ...

query runs fine in Query Analyser but not the Query Debugger
I'm running a query, actually its an insert that works when using the TSQL below. However when I try to use the debugger to step through and using the exact same values as those below I get the following error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Invalid character value for cast specification Its Killing me because everything else works, but this. Can somebody help. DECLARE @NoteID INT,-- NULL OUTPUT, @Note_Description NVARCHAR(3000),-- = NULL, @Date DateTime,-- = NULL OUTPUT, @ByWho NVARCHAR(30),-- = NULL, @FK_Action_Performed NVARCHAR(40),...

Query Plan Query
We have a sql query that is causing a few issues in terms of performance as the optimisor is choosing to table scan where an index will certainly yield significant gains. As proven when snapshotting the query and adding an index hint manually. Unfortunatley since the query is dynamically created by a 3rd party application, we are unable to influence this with index hints and are dependant on the optimiser. The table that is table scanning is partitioned (has also hust been repartitioned to address a slight inbalance across partitions) and has 7.6M records. It has been recently r...

Web resources about - Query String Query - asp.net.access-datasource

Idris Elba’s ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Character Krall Revealed, Justin Lin Gives Us the Details
The Star Trek Beyond teaser trailer leaked online on Monday right before I was set to have lunch with director Justin Lin . The new Trek filmmaker ...

We just had a record-breaking wildfire season. Is that climate change?
When fire came to Chelan, Wash., it arrived with all the chaos and drama of a fictional apocalypse. Crowds of tourists gathered to watch a jagged ...

House Intelligence Committee Member Says Los Angeles School Threat Is Believed to Be a Hoax
House Intelligence Committee member says Los Angeles school threat is believed to be a hoax

Seattle becomes first city to allow Uber, Lyft drivers to unionize
Seattle is the first city in the nation to give Uber and Lyft drivers the right to form a union. That’s after the City Council voted unanimously ...

Saudi Arabia Leads ‘Islamic Military Alliance’ To Fight Terrorism – Joint Task Force Formed By 34 Nations ...
Saudi Arabia announced the formation of ‘Islamic Military Alliance’, a joint task force meant to fight terrorism. Over 30 nations have agreed ...

Apple Pay is now compatible with BJ’s Wholesale Club store credit cards
Another store-branded credit card in the United States –BJs Wholesale Club – is now compatible with Apple Pay. BJs is the second major retailer ...

Lamar Odom: Doctors Insist There’s Nothing More They Can Do, Hospital Release War With Khloe Kardashian ...
Lamar Odom may be released from Cedars-Sinai Medical Center very soon, but his discharge from the hospital may only lead to another uphill battle ...

Skype iPhone & iPad app gets improved sharing with iOS extension
Skype for iPhone and iPad gets an update today to version 6.8 and with it comes new features for sharing content in the app. With the update, ...

California shooter was not fully investigated before U.S. visa was issued
By Mark Hosenball WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. authorities in Pakistan could have sought - but did not - a full background security investigation ...

DPP faces criticism from MPs for failing to see the "shambles" at magistrates courts
Alison Saunders told she is "living in a bubble" after saying she went to see cases in action only every few months