Problem on accessing Microsoft Access Database from ASP.NET

Hi,

I got a problem on connecting the web application using ASP.NET with MS Access.
Suppose, i hav a databse located on C:\test\test.mdb (I used Microsoft Access 2003).
Then the connection string should be:
"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=C:\test\test.mdb"
When i compiled and run it, it said "Don't have permission to view the database" or "The Database is open exclusively by other user", Why is that happen? Do i need any security setting on the database or maybe there is something else that i should do?
Please, I need your assistant on this. If the information that i gave is not clear enough, I will gladly to explain it again.
Just sent all replies to "daniel_mahadi@yahoo.com"
Thanx..
By the way i am using ASP.NET C# and MS Access 2003, to build this web application
0
Daniel

I'll reply to your email as well, but I'm also going to post in case other people have the same problem.

Make sure you dont have any Design Views open in MS Access. This is the most common cause of "The Database is open exclusively by other user" that I can think of.
Also make sure that any other applications that might access the database are disabled, and that there isn't a test.ldb file in the folder with the test.mdb file.
0
Nathan
4/27/2004 8:51:16 AM
Make sure you close your connections when you use them -- that can happen if you don't - it will leave the .ldb file in your directory.

David Wier
MCP/ASPInsider
ASPNet101.com - where to look first!
augustwind

Problems accessing access database
Running netware 6.1 with SP1A. When several users access the access database the second user tries to open you will receive a message that says there is a table that is exclusivly open by another user, so we can not open the document. How to make it work with databases. Is it possible that you are using an 4.90SP1 client? If yes, you should use 4.90SP1a instead -- Marcel (using XanaNews 1.16.1.6) I can resist everything but temptation >Running netware 6.1 with SP1A. Actually 6.5 I suspect. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://sup...

Accessing a Microsoft Access Database
Hello all, I'm relatively new to the list, so I'm sorry if I'm going over old ground here ! I would like to use PERL to view information in a Microsoft Access Database and then use this information in other programs away from the Database. Trouble is, I'm slightly confused by all the information on offer and am not sure=20 of the best way to proceed to allow PERL to gain the information in the Database and I'm also unsure exactly what I need to install on the machine. Does anybody know of a useful web site that I can look at or does anybody have any simpl...

accessing MS Access from .net
hi I am accessing ms access data base which has a table called customers. when i try to insert data into the table i am gettign the error like "Operation must use an updatable query" and the line its showing is myOleDbcommand.ExecuteNonQuery() here is my code in page lode event Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) Dim StrConnectString as String Dim strStatement as String strConnectSTring = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Password='';User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Srinu\WebApplication2\...

Problem in accessing access database
Hi  I am establishing connection with MS access. MS Access Database is placed in the same directory as the project.Connection string is " "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=testdb.mdb"   But I am getting the error  the file "testdb.mdb" not found   Can anyone please tell me what is wrong with the connection string Regards KaranRegardsKaran GuptaFor .net,Javascript and Sql server articles and interview question visithttp://guptakaran21.googlepages.com/main Try putting the DB in the APP_Data folder or changing 'testdb.mdb&#...

Access access
========== Hi, Everyone ... I'm going to lock this thread for now. If you have a question about working with Access in Web Matrix, please start a new thread in this forum. Otherwise, this thread will get to be unwieldy. Thanks! ========== Updated 6/29/03 Hello, everyone. I've been working with the new version of Web Matrix (version .6, build 812, available right now!). In particular, I've been playing with support for Microsoft Access, which is one of the great new features in the new release. I wrote up some notes on what I've found to share some of my experiences and to a...

accessing access
------=_NextPart_000_029B_01C29063.1E2098D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi! I am trying to access an access mdb file for the first time. I get the following error: Can't connect(dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb ), no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env var not set at jfa_data.pl line 147 for the code: my $dbh = DBI->connect( "dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb", "", "", ) or die "Unable to connect: ". $DBI::errstr. "<br>"; What am I missing? Thanks, Jer...

accessing ACCESS database
Hi, I am trying to write a script that copies an information from ACCESS but it gives me the following error: Can't call method "Sql" on an undefined value at franowner.pl.txt line 4. Here's the script: use Win32::ODBC; $DSN="db1"; $db = new Win32::ODBC("db1"); $db->Sql("SELECT owner_first_name, owner_last_name FROM Owners WHERE ID=11"); if ($db->Error()) { print "Error: $db->Error"; } statement:\n$DBI:errstr\n"; ($ownerfname,$ownerlname) = $db->FetchRow(); print "Database results: first ...

accessing linked Access table from .net
We have an access database with a linked table to MYOB through ODBC. The MYOB table appears in access with a green dot indicating it's a linked table. In Access it all works fine. When we try to get at it through .net, it brings up DB_SEC_E_AUTH_FAILED(0x80040E4D) which as far as I can see indicates authentication failed. Any idea what is required to be able to use it from.Net? You might try this stepp0, put in admin for the username and leave the password blank (unless you specified other) Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Components\Databases\Db.m...

problems with connections to access via ADO.NET in VS.NET
For anyone familiar with this book, I am having trouble with some code in Chris Payne's "SAMS Teach Yourself ASP.NET in 21 Days", which calls for me to use ADO.NET to connect to an Access database I had to create for the "In Review" project after the second week. The code goes like this (within the first subroutine): dim Conn as new OleDbConnection("Provider= Microsoft.Jet.4.0; Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TYASPNET\banking.mdb") Now I've tried this, along with setting up a connection through the server explorer in Visual Studio.NET. When I go to run the page, I...

Accessing a password protected Access 2002 DB from .Net
Here is my connection string: Dim strConn As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("trivia.mdb") & ";Database Password=jeuxdemots;" but I get the following error: Not a valid password. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Not a valid password. The password is the right one, what am I doing ...

Can't Access a Microsoft Access Database
I have an access database that I am trying to connect to using ole db. When I run my code I get this errorIt is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.Here is my connection stringconnectionString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=myfile;User Id=Admin;Password="If I use an ODBC driver with read only rights it works, but I can't seem to get the oledb driver to work. Any help would be appreciated. I have also triedmode=Share Deny Write;and ReadOnly=1 Grant modify permissions on the folder that contains the database, and ...

Using VMS Perl to access a Microsoft Access database
WARNING: Perl novice on board... I suddenly find myself in the need of being able to access a Microsoft Access database from my VMS system. I figure Perl might be a good way to do this. However, I seem to be lost in the morass of verbage that talks about accessing a database via Perl so I'm turning here in the hopes of obtaining some hints or pointers (or, at least some water wings). What module(s) do I need to load into Perl? Do I need any additional software? Has anyone done this? Can it be done? I had thought that the most likely way to accomplish this would be for P...

accessing remote access database
Hi to all, When ever i need to add or delete something from the mdb file where I cant do it in my web site, i am downloading the mdb file, doing the modifications then uploading again.I want my code running on localhost to reach the mdb file on my web site and do any modifications. I have tried to replace the following code string path = Request.MapPath(@"mydb.mdb") with string path = Request.MapPath(@"http://www.mysite.com/mydb.mdb") but i get the error "A virtual path is expected. " Is there a way to reach a remotely hosted mdb file ?   Thanks in advance short answer : No,...

How to access remote Access database?
Hello everyone, What are the permissions we have to give in the Acess db which is in remote? It would be really great if you share me some ideas. Have a good one. Thanks!!!    http://databases.aspfaq.com/database/why-can-t-i-access-a-database-or-text-file-on-another-server.htmlhttp://forums.asp.net/t/1381295.aspx...

Problem to access ACCESS.MDB
I want pipe data from ACCESS-Database to SQL-AnyWhere with Powerbuilder. I can connect the Acces-DB (Format ACCESS 2000 ) with ACCESS 2002 I have made an ODBC DSN for this File. When i try to access the data from Powerbuilder 10.02 I get the Error-Message: >>>> Table "table1" has no columns, possible invalid table format <<<< What I have to check or change ?? Is Access 2002 a unicode version? You may have to set a paramater in DBPARM... On 7 Jul 2005 23:57:42 -0700, in sybase.public.powerbuilder.connectivity Peter Stojkovic &...

Web resources about - Problem on accessing Microsoft Access Database from ASP.NET - asp.net.access-datasource

Accessing the Future Fund a sensible proposal, says super expert Daryl Dixon
As portfolios go, the Future Fund's asset allocation is concentrated in higher-risk investment, including equities and alternative assets.

Accessing my Super
I'm 57 - can I access my super?

Australia, US accessing Indonesian telephone data, leaked documents show
Newly disclosed documents from former US intelligence contractor Edward Snowden have revealed that Australian intelligence efforts against Indonesia ...

Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke detained at Melbourne Airport, accuses Customs officials of accessing ...
Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke has accused Customs officials of accessing hundreds of patients' sensitive records on his laptop after detaining ...