Problem of accessing data from Access

Hi,

I have created a simple web application that will display data from the table in Access database file. At first, a connection to a data source is set up by using OleDbConnection provided in the server explorer. After the connection is tested successful, three selected fields of table are dragged from Server explorer to the form. This produces a data adapter and a new connection in the component tray of form. Then a dataset is generated and a datagrid is dragged to the form. In the property window of datagrid, the dataSource, datamember and datakeyfield are set to the required field. To fill the dataset at run time, the Fill method of the data adapter is written in Editor Window. When i run the project, the grid should fill with data from the database file. But in fact I got the following error message:
The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'C:\Document\Desktop\RnrBooks.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.
Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem? thanks
Bee
0
bhchu6

Hmmmm...    maybe close the database if you have it open with Access on your machine.  And make sure you have proper permissions setup on the directory with the .mdb file.
Matt Brown
MetalReview.com - Metal music community and reviews
Haulix - Easy promotional media distribution for the music industry
0
mattb
2/9/2004 6:22:44 PM
check whether your database has any password or not. If it have then you have to pass password also.

If password is not set, then go to tools->database utilitiez->compact and repair database
or open your password, using file->open->select database and use open exclusively.
i think this is enough.
bye,
have a nice day
Sachin
Sachin Gupta
Software Engineer
0
sachin_kumar_gupt

accessing access
------=_NextPart_000_029B_01C29063.1E2098D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi! I am trying to access an access mdb file for the first time. I get the following error: Can't connect(dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb ), no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env var not set at jfa_data.pl line 147 for the code: my $dbh = DBI->connect( "dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb", "", "", ) or die "Unable to connect: ". $DBI::errstr. "<br>"; What am I missing? Thanks, Jer...

Access access
========== Hi, Everyone ... I'm going to lock this thread for now. If you have a question about working with Access in Web Matrix, please start a new thread in this forum. Otherwise, this thread will get to be unwieldy. Thanks! ========== Updated 6/29/03 Hello, everyone. I've been working with the new version of Web Matrix (version .6, build 812, available right now!). In particular, I've been playing with support for Microsoft Access, which is one of the great new features in the new release. I wrote up some notes on what I've found to share some of my experiences and to a...

access data... access...
Hi, I'm trying to handle a simple structured access db in c#... but I'm a bit confused on how to do it! How can I select, insert, edit and remove records from an access database? should I use datasets? Thanks I suggest reading microsoft's Documentation on ADO.Net. OleDb is the DataProvider you want to use if you're going against an Access DB. another thing: how can I get, having an opened oledbconnection, all the tables, and the fields in those tables, from the database?...

Problems accessing access database
Running netware 6.1 with SP1A. When several users access the access database the second user tries to open you will receive a message that says there is a table that is exclusivly open by another user, so we can not open the document. How to make it work with databases. Is it possible that you are using an 4.90SP1 client? If yes, you should use 4.90SP1a instead -- Marcel (using XanaNews 1.16.1.6) I can resist everything but temptation >Running netware 6.1 with SP1A. Actually 6.5 I suspect. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://sup...

Direct Data Access or Disconnected Data Access
For which one should i opt ? Direct Data Access or Disconnected Data Access ? I'm currently reading a book on ASP.NET 2.0 and both access methods are explained , but i would like to know what the general tendency is ? Do you opt for Direct or Disconneted access ? Thx Tom Neither one is really better than the other if you're speaking generally.  However, certain situations make one preferred over the other.  Connected access (data readers) is generally faster and uses less memory.  This is the preferred method when you have an application that demands the highest perfor...

Problem to access ACCESS.MDB
I want pipe data from ACCESS-Database to SQL-AnyWhere with Powerbuilder. I can connect the Acces-DB (Format ACCESS 2000 ) with ACCESS 2002 I have made an ODBC DSN for this File. When i try to access the data from Powerbuilder 10.02 I get the Error-Message: >>>> Table "table1" has no columns, possible invalid table format <<<< What I have to check or change ?? Is Access 2002 a unicode version? You may have to set a paramater in DBPARM... On 7 Jul 2005 23:57:42 -0700, in sybase.public.powerbuilder.connectivity Peter Stojkovic &...

Problem in accessing access database
Hi  I am establishing connection with MS access. MS Access Database is placed in the same directory as the project.Connection string is " "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=testdb.mdb"   But I am getting the error  the file "testdb.mdb" not found   Can anyone please tell me what is wrong with the connection string Regards KaranRegardsKaran GuptaFor .net,Javascript and Sql server articles and interview question visithttp://guptakaran21.googlepages.com/main Try putting the DB in the APP_Data folder or changing 'testdb.mdb&#...

accessing MS Access from .net
hi I am accessing ms access data base which has a table called customers. when i try to insert data into the table i am gettign the error like "Operation must use an updatable query" and the line its showing is myOleDbcommand.ExecuteNonQuery() here is my code in page lode event Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) Dim StrConnectString as String Dim strStatement as String strConnectSTring = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Password='';User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Srinu\WebApplication2\...

Data Access Problem "Sql Server does not exist or Access Denied"
I have a computer connected on Lan. The database exist in a different computer so I use the server = "DifferentComputer" to access the database. The username and password are hardcoded in the dataconfiguration file of the Enterprise Library. Now when I access the database if throws the exception: "Sql Server does not exisit or Access denied" I can see the database on the different computer in my Enterprise Manager and I can execute stored procedures on it with no problem. Does anyone has any idea that what is going on and why is this throwing exceptions. HighOnCodingWann...

Accessing ACCESS from textbox
Hey guys,  I need to make my textbox do this: -Look up what you type into it: so theres a text box called 'txtBuycode' and what i need to happen is when the user types in a 3 digit currency code for example, USD (it will be force upper case) I want to, onblur, to check USD against the 'Currency_Code' table and when it finds it display the Currency Name from the table 'Currency_Name' alongside the text box. Is this possible, any help greatly appreciated! ThanksJust Love What code can do :) You'll need to use AJAX to do this. Have a look at the AutoComplet...

Remote Access access
Hello, Currently new in the Web Matrix world and I'm a little lost. I'm looking for a way to connect to my remote Access database (ISP hosted) through the Workspace pane. I have an IP adress, even DNS, but I have no idea of how to formulate it to open my connection. I'm usually using FrontPage XP who includes a connection wizard. Thanks for any help ! You can only connect to Access databases that you have file access to. This means they must be either on your local computer, or on a computer share you have access to. One solution is to copy the MDB file to your local computer,...

Access access prase
I first found the power of web matrix and access in .NET show 30 when I searched for web matrix on microsoft site. I just gasped. If you are going to create more functionality it would be wonderfull. Web matrix the one click webpage. Ill have to see or maybe someone can tell me has web matrix already got automatic Database URL linking, If not this would be cool.Hardware is not easy to pirate so it is cheep. Software isnt getting bigger because of complex features, Its growing to stop the pirates....

Accessing access with DSN.
I am useing vista and IIS7.  I set up a connection string as below: <% Set strConn = server.createobject("adodb.connection") strConn.ConnectionString = "DSN=beautyaids" strConn.open %>  I am working locally aso I type in my localhost\myaspfile.asp and i get the error: An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator  Sometimes I get the HTTP:500 page not found. I set up the ODBC DSN as a system dsn.  Can anyone tell me what thw problem is.       William Rice These forum...

Accessing MS Access
Hi all, This is probably a more DB oriented question, but it came out of the = DBI. I posted a question and have tried several solutions on how to open = up an MS Access DB from the DBI::ODBC but so far have been unable to. = What I had to end up doing was create a DTS that runs every 5 minutes = which copies the table I need from Access and populates a SQL Server = table. This causes a delay on my web application such that whenever my = page overlaps while the DTS is running I get no data. So I was wondering = if there is a better way to get information from Access so I can see it =...

Web resources about - Problem of accessing data from Access - asp.net.access-datasource

Accessing the Future Fund a sensible proposal, says super expert Daryl Dixon
As portfolios go, the Future Fund's asset allocation is concentrated in higher-risk investment, including equities and alternative assets.

Accessing my Super
I'm 57 - can I access my super?

Australia, US accessing Indonesian telephone data, leaked documents show
Newly disclosed documents from former US intelligence contractor Edward Snowden have revealed that Australian intelligence efforts against Indonesia ...

Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke detained at Melbourne Airport, accuses Customs officials of accessing ...
Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke has accused Customs officials of accessing hundreds of patients' sensitive records on his laptop after detaining ...