Parse DateTime into Date or select DateTime as Date from Access

I am getting DateTime values out of an Access Database and I want to only use the Date part of this field.

I have tried to cast the returned value to a DateTime value and then format the DateTime to only show the Date part in the toString() fcn.

<asp:Label runat="server" Text='<%# getDate(DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.ACTIVE_FROM"))%>'>

But I can't cast the object to a DateTime object.

I have also tried using DateTime.Parse() but this gives an error saying that the format is not correct.
        {
            return dateValue.ToString();
            //DateTime.ParseExact(dateValue.ToString(),"dd/MM/yyyy",
            //return (DateTime.Parse(dateValue.ToString())).ToString("dd/MM/yyyy");
        }

I have thought about using ParseExact - but I don't know what to put in for the System.IFormatProvider.

How can I get only the date value returned from the Access database or how can I format the Date value properly after retrieving it??
THX,

0
karcheee

return dateValue.ToString("d")

This tells the DateTime object to return a short date format, which is what you're looking for.

James
My Blog: http://www.wintersfamily.plus.com/blogs/JamesWinters
0
jcw14

Retrieve Only Date from DateTime in Ms Access
Hi    Iam using Ms Access & Visual Basic Web Express Edition and i want to display only date in Gridview but it displays both date and time . Could anyone please suggest me to retreive only date from datetime in Ms Access. Go to Edit Columns in the GridView Smarttag, select the date column, in the property DataFormatString, add the following {0:d}...

Accessing various parts of the Date or DateTime
How do I access the parts of the Date or DateTime object. I like to get 1. the day of the month formatted in two digits (01, or 12) 2. month of the year formatted in two digits (01, or 12) 3. and year (01 or 05) Hi jty202, Try out the following. Let us know if this is not what you had in mind. [VB.NET] Response.Write(DateTime.Today.ToString("dd")) Response.Write(DateTime.Today.ToString("MM")) Response.Write(DateTime.Today.ToString("yy")) [C#] Response.Write(DateTime.Today.ToString("dd")); Response.Write(Da...

How to access Expr1 from query (datetime converted to date)
SELECT     CONVERT(varchar(10), upgradedate, 101) as Expr1,  newurl , affiliateurl , amountpaid FROM         tblCommissionsWHERE     (affiliateid = @affilaiteid) I have this working.   Now in my codebehind, the intellisense comes up and there's no Expr1.  This column ( off to the right) in the rows returned, contains the date like 7/12/08 How do I access this date?  I need to compare it with 2 other dates.  I want to see this work with either my foreach loop on the rows, or thro...

Dates, Dates, Dates!
Hello all... I am in the process of building an appointment system, and I am trying to see if I can get some pointers on which way to go on this. The first version of this appointment system was very lo-tech, and it stored all of the possible dates/times in the database. Once a user booked an appointment, their information was logged to that date/time, and then that date/time would no longer show in the list of possible openings. This was great for a temporary fix, but with having to pre-populate all of the dates/times, the system would eventually have to be updated to continue on pa...

get only date from a date with a datetime format
i have a problem with dates when it comes to searchingbasically, SQL searches for a date including the seconds,but i only need to date so that in any given time, it will yield a result.here's a part of my code-behind code: reqNo = RequisitionsLogic.GetReqNoByDate(currentDate, requestorCode)and here's the SQL statement created in a TableAdapter:SELECT RequisitionNoFROM RequisitionsWHERE (RequisitionDate = @RequisitionDate) AND (RequestorCode = @RequestorCode) take a look with this, don't just accept influenceshttp://thedailyarr.tkhttp://www.ftpx.com/index...

How to use Convert date statement in cmdInsert.Parameters.Add("Date",SqlDbType.DateTime).Value = date
HiI am using SQL 2005, VB 2005I am trying to insert a record using parameters using the following code as per MotLey suggestion and it works finestring insertSQL; insertSQL = "INSERT INTO Issue(ProjectID, TypeofEntryID, PriorityID ,Title, Area) VALUES (@ProjectID, @TypeofEntryID, @PriorityID ,@Title, @Area)"; cmdInsert SqlCommand; cmdInsert=new SqlCommand(insertSQL,conn); cmdInsert.Parameters.Add("@ProjectID",SqlDbType.Varchar).Value=ProjectID.Text; My query is how to detail with dates my previous code wasinsertSQL += "convert(datetime,'" + DateTime.Now.ToSt...

Retrieve Only Date from Date/Time in Ms Access
Hello,When retrieving data from an ACCESS database table, I want the generated ASP page to display only the date inputted by the user. It currently displays the date and then the time is always 12:00. Anyone have any suggestions as how I can have it display only the time, but leave the access format as Date/Time? Format the output - use {0:d} Something like:label1.text=String.Format("{0:d}",YourDate)David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Control Grouper - easily control properties for multipl...

Inserting Date into Access Date/Time Field
Everytime i capture a date from an asp:dropdownlist and try to insert it into an access date/time field i keep getting a Data type mismatch in criteria expression error (0x80040e07). is there a way i need to format the data before inserting? Any help would be ace!1 using System; 2 using System.Data; 3 using System.Data.OleDb; 4 using System.Configuration; 5 using System.Web; 6 using System.Web.Security; 7 using System.Web.UI; 8 using System.Web.UI.WebControls; 9 using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts; 10 using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; 11 12 ...

Get date portion from DateTime (with DateTime property)
    private string _Date;    public string Date    {        get { return _Date; }        set { _Date = value; }    } objDados.Date = Convert.ToDateTime(drResult["APP_DATE"]).Date.ToString("dd/MM/yyyy"); If I replace _Date from string to DateTime, how can I get only date portion from DateTime? ThanksBest regards,Ivan Andrade Hi  you could always copy it. But I'd put the Date property to be of DateTime type. Something like:  &...

Calendar Select does not select a date if datetime value contains a time other than midnight
If you set a Calendar control SelectedDate with a DateTime where the there is a date part, and a time of 00:00:00, the calendar correctly selects that dateIf the time part is not midnight, the Calendar does not select the date.I used the DateTime.Date value to set the date from a DateTime value with non-midnight datesIs this a bug? or by quirky designIf it was easy, everybody would be doing it. I could be wrong but more like quicky design because past midnight is in the 24hour clock which is in TimeSpan.http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.timespan.aspxKind regards,Gift Peddie ...

Select date from a datetime column
Well yeah as the topic says, this is my sql question right now;string date = "2006-11-12"; string sql = "SELECT * FROM spell_of_work WHERE date='{0}'",date);problem is that my date column in the table is datetime and not a date so.. error! i dont know if RLIKE or LIKE can help, wating for a reply!herman  SELECT * FROM spell_of_work WHERE date=' " & date & " ' " I put spaces in between the quotes, so they could be seen better - you don't want to put those spaces there.David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Control Grouper - easily control propert...

select distinct date from datetime
Hi i got a table with a few lines that looks like this:id -> date  1. 2006-12-19 09:45:00 2. 2006-12-19 05:45:00 3. 2006-12-20 05:45:00 4. 2006-12-21 05:45:00Note that id 1 and 2 have the same date. I want with a sql question get this result: 1. 2006-12-19 3. 2006-12-20 4. 2006-12-21 Is this possible, make a distinct on the date only and not the time and if, how so?Thanks!herman  Hi, for example  SELECT DISTINCT CAST(CAST(MONTH(date) as varchar(2)) + '/' + CAST(DAY(date) as varchar(2)) + '/' + CAST(YEAR(date) as varchar(4)) as datetime) FROM T...

How to compare Calendar Control Dates to MS Access Dates?
I am trying to use TodaysDate from calendar control of ASP.Net to query a MS Access DB & retrieve records that satisfy the condition of today's date falling within a specified range. My ASP.NET script reads: sql="SELECT * FROM calendar WHERE ( " + Calendar1.TodaysDate + " BETWEEN date_start AND date_end)" date_start and date_end are both using the TIME/DATE (General Format) in MS Access. I tried to run the query but it return an empty result even though today's date falls within the range of date_start and date_end, eg: Calendar1.TodaysDate is 5/6...

date and datetime
can i know the differents btw date and datetime? difference is -time :-) there may be also difference in storage size (8 bytes vs 4 bytes) precision (up to hole day or up to millisecs) ...

Web resources about - Parse DateTime into Date or select DateTime as Date from Access - asp.net.access-datasource

Is there a JQuery plugin to convert UTC datetimes to local user timezone?
If I have a tag: &lt;span class="utctime"&gt;2010-01-01 11:30 PM&lt;/span&gt; I would like a jquery script or plug in to convert every utctime ...

Targetprocess 3.7.3: Epic unit for Bug/Story cards, new DateTime functions in Webhook plugin
Webhook plugin supports new DateTime functions AddDays(DateTime date, int days) – Returns a new date with the number of days added. The number ...

Common Pitfalls when working with DateTime’s
In .NET, the DateTime structure provides us wonderful functionality, but this seemingly simple structure can cause a lot of headaches if you ...

Parsing Twitter Date format to .Net DateTime
Recently when I needed to parse the twitter datetime format into a .Net DateTime I found this post on the web showing how to do it. However, ...

C Sharp (programming language) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(pronounced see sharp ) is a multi-paradigm programming language encompassing strong typing , imperative , declarative , functional , generic ...

1753 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Language: English Afrikaans አማርኛ العربية Aragonés Asturianu Aymar aru Azərbaycanca বাংলা Bân-lâm-gú Basa Banyumasan Беларуская ‪Беларуская (тарашкевіца)‬ ...

Coded Smorgasbord: Schizophrenic Haiku Comments and More
... writes Malcom StandardResponse UnSubscribeNewsletterUserAccount( string opTinGUID,string email, string sellingRegion, string source, DateTime ...

Limburg.be - Welkom op de site van de provincie Limburg - Welkom_op_de_site_van_de_provincie_Limburg
visit wonen werken leven ontspannen infopunt home op trefwoord contactpersonen wegwijs sitemap print deze pagina Je bent hier: limburg.be Contact ...

Simples Ideias. Por Nando Vieira.
Simples Ideias Siga-me no Twitter Junho/2012 Usando o Vagrant como ambiente de desenvolvimento no Windows http://simplesideias.com.br/usando ...