Ms Access Database Problem

 Hello Friends

i am using ms-acess database in my asp.net with c# application. It is working fine locally. but after upload published website to url. it has some problem

My application fetch data from database. but when i do insert or update opration to database its give error.

is there any setting i have to do? or can any body give me solution

Thanks in Advaace

0
MaksudModan

You need to grant write access to the folder that the database in for the user account that IIS runs under when executing the asp code, typically IUSR_MACHINE.

Remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post if it helped you. Thank you!
0
kemical
9/11/2008 1:42:01 PM

You need to apply MODIFY permissions on the folder that contains the database file to the correct user.  For Windows Server 2003, this is the NETWORK SERVICE account.  On XP Pro, it's ASPNET.

This was pretty easy to answer because the problem is a common one: http://www.mikesdotnetting.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=74.  For future reference, it's always a good idea to post the actual error message you get.

Regards Mike
[MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]
My site
0
Mikesdotnetting
9/11/2008 8:25:19 PM

kemical:
the user account that IIS runs under when executing the asp code, typically IUSR_MACHINE

That's the correct user for classic ASP, but not for ASP.NET (unless you are using impersonation).

Regards Mike
[MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]
My site
0
Mikesdotnetting
9/11/2008 8:30:05 PM

Woops... Guess I was going through a "classic" relapse Indifferent

Remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post if it helped you. Thank you!
0
kemical

MS access to MS access problem
I always used MS Access Database In my programs, now I want to use SQL SERVER database and so I started to design one. but it’s a little bit confusing ,I don’t know what can I use in change of these access Data type : MS access // MS access -------------- -------------------- Memo >>>>>>>> ?? AutoNumber >>>>> ?? * and if you think there is some difference between Ms access and SQL in D...

Problem in accessing access database
Hi  I am establishing connection with MS access. MS Access Database is placed in the same directory as the project.Connection string is " "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=testdb.mdb"   But I am getting the error  the file "testdb.mdb" not found   Can anyone please tell me what is wrong with the connection string Regards KaranRegardsKaran GuptaFor .net,Javascript and Sql server articles and interview question visithttp://guptakaran21.googlepages.com/main Try putting the DB in the APP_Data folder or changing 'testdb.mdb&#...

Accessing a MS Access database
Hi, I would like to do a lookup into an Access database, and display the result in a grid. I'm an embedded programmer being thrown into the world of .net, asp, VB, and databases so I don't know where to start :-) ...... can anyone help me ? Thanks. Really jus ta matter of making a connection, doing your query, and displaying results. Here is a sample from a module I use. The data is bound to a datagrid. Sub LoadSchedule() Dim strSrc As String = CType(Settings("src"), String) If Trim(strSrc) <> "" Then ...

accessing MS Access from .net
hi I am accessing ms access data base which has a table called customers. when i try to insert data into the table i am gettign the error like "Operation must use an updatable query" and the line its showing is myOleDbcommand.ExecuteNonQuery() here is my code in page lode event Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) Dim StrConnectString as String Dim strStatement as String strConnectSTring = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Password='';User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Srinu\WebApplication2\...

Problems accessing access database
Running netware 6.1 with SP1A. When several users access the access database the second user tries to open you will receive a message that says there is a table that is exclusivly open by another user, so we can not open the document. How to make it work with databases. Is it possible that you are using an 4.90SP1 client? If yes, you should use 4.90SP1a instead -- Marcel (using XanaNews 1.16.1.6) I can resist everything but temptation >Running netware 6.1 with SP1A. Actually 6.5 I suspect. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://sup...

Problem Regarding MS Access database connection in c#.net
hi friend ..i m new in this field.i m creating some basic database application in asp.net mobile for web application.but i m facing problem to set the database path dynamically .Means i dont want write whole path of my datbase file in data source.Suppose i change my path then i m changing whole path every time this is very hectic problem.So plz anyone suggest me how to set my database file dynamically .I m attached my connection of database code.Thanks And Regards.Pash Inda  protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { //All controls on this page visible to ...

How to get an access to MS Access database?
Is it possible to get normal access to MS Access database without OLE DB drivers just with methods of ASP.NET. The problem is that the hoster set trust level to medium and does not allow using of OLE DB drivers. Thank you....

How to Access a MS Access Database in a webserver
i, I have a database that is located outside of root. /database /myzone /clients /test /WebAPPTest4/default.aspx I was given following code by my host but I couldnt get it work. ****************************************************** Private Sub Connection() Dim strPath = Server.MapPath("/") Dim strPathDatabase = Replace(strPath, "\www", "\database") Dim strConnection = strPathDatabase & "\RecordLabel.mdb" Dim sConnectionString As New String("Provider=Microsof...

Synchronise access to ms access database
Hello guys, i'm currently working on an asp.net application that connects to an access database. What I am noticing in the developement process is that whenever i'm opening the database using MS access and trying to execute a function in my project that needs to access the database, i get an error "couldn't open file". Well, the solution is to close the database in MS access so to be allow my asp.net application to access the database. What i m wondering now is what will happen if two or more users connect to my asp.net application and try to do some operation on the database. w...

Single user access on MS Access database
We just transitioned our DATA volume from a Netware traditional volume to a iSCSI connected NSS volume on a NetApp Filer FAS 270. Netware 6.5 Since the move we've noticed a MS Access database issue arise. When the database is opened by the next user they receice the error message: "MSysAccessObjects can not be opened it is currently opened by another user" This is an Access file table not a custom table. Is it a Oplocks and/or File Caching issue on the server? If so, where can I tuen that off? Does anyone know of any issues regarding MS Access and NSS volu...

How to access the MS access database for different domains.
 I have three domains configured on the same server (one IIS server).and i have three copies of the same Access database for three different domains. i want that only one copy the MS Acess database can share the three domains.  How can i accomplish this task. thanks in advance. zainullah...

Accessing client-side MS Access database
My application was using MS SQL Server as a backend database, and we need to import records stored in a MS Access database which is located at client PC. An error message of "cannot find database at c:\...\....\abc.mdb was occured, is there any way to connect client-side database? You'd have to write an ActiveX DLL and require the user to allow it to be downloaded onto their PC. The only file you can access on the client's PC are cookie files... Jerry The only way you can import the records stored in the client's Access database is to make them upload it to the server and the...

Accessing Sybase Database with MS Access 97
I'm trying to use Microsoft Access 97 to access a Sybase SQL Anywhere database. I can link to 95% of the tables, but I'm not allowed to link or import any of the tables created by "SYS". I need to access SYSTABLE, SYSCOLUMN, SYSDOMAIN, etc. As a matter of fact, not only am I not able to import the tables, I can't even see those tables when I'm presented with a list of tables to choose from in MS Access. Please reply to my e-mail address if possible! Thanks. -- Peter Lucas Decade Software Company peterlucas@mediaone.net Maybe Access is only listing ...

Accessing MS Access Database with security password
Hi, can anyone help me how to access my MS Access database that has a security password? Im using C# btw. ThanksDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. Look at www.connectionstrings.com for examples of all sorts of connection strings.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog Thanks! Its all there.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. Hello, I...

Data Access using MS Access Database
I am writing an application I am writing in VS 2005 Web Developer.  I have been able to connect to my Access Database just fine, but I am having trouble pulling rows from the database.  I have a drop down list in order to choose an employee.  After the employee is picked I need to copy their address, city, state, and zip ifrom my table into text boxes on the form.  I have looked for a week now, but nothing goes beyond just the connection itself.  I can find plenty using sql, but not access.  Can anyone help? Most of the SQL examples you will find for use ...

Web resources about - Ms Access Database Problem - asp.net.access-datasource

Five million customers affected by Vtech database hack
Toy and educational material seller Vtech has revealed five million customers were affected by a hack of its app database and has also suspended ...

IDG Contributor Network: Avoiding ginormous transaction logs with SharePoint databases
... why do we see these humongous transaction logs so often? I am going to blame it on a “misunderstanding” of how Microsoft describes a full database ...

Change your passwords: NexusMods suffers database breach
... security breach by posts on reddit. Cybersecurity firm REN-ISAC had apparently contacted several university IT departments about a database ...

VTech Admits Lack of Database Security Opened Door to Hack
A SQL injection, a common software flaw, was found to be the root cause in the VTech breach.

MapR And Big Data In The World's Largest Biometric Database Project
India?s Aadhaar project is one of the world?s most ambitious big data projects, aiming to collect, store, and utilize biometric information from ...

Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database
Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database