How to access remote Access database?

Hello everyone,

What are the permissions we have to give in the Acess db which is in remote? It would be really great if you share me some ideas.

Have a good one. Thanks!!!

0
Sivabalan

accessing remote access database
Hi to all, When ever i need to add or delete something from the mdb file where I cant do it in my web site, i am downloading the mdb file, doing the modifications then uploading again.I want my code running on localhost to reach the mdb file on my web site and do any modifications. I have tried to replace the following code string path = Request.MapPath(@"mydb.mdb") with string path = Request.MapPath(@"http://www.mysite.com/mydb.mdb") but i get the error "A virtual path is expected. " Is there a way to reach a remotely hosted mdb file ?   Thanks in advance short answer : No,...

accessing access
------=_NextPart_000_029B_01C29063.1E2098D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi! I am trying to access an access mdb file for the first time. I get the following error: Can't connect(dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb ), no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env var not set at jfa_data.pl line 147 for the code: my $dbh = DBI->connect( "dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb", "", "", ) or die "Unable to connect: ". $DBI::errstr. "<br>"; What am I missing? Thanks, Jer...

Access access
========== Hi, Everyone ... I'm going to lock this thread for now. If you have a question about working with Access in Web Matrix, please start a new thread in this forum. Otherwise, this thread will get to be unwieldy. Thanks! ========== Updated 6/29/03 Hello, everyone. I've been working with the new version of Web Matrix (version .6, build 812, available right now!). In particular, I've been playing with support for Microsoft Access, which is one of the great new features in the new release. I wrote up some notes on what I've found to share some of my experiences and to a...

Remote Access access
Hello, Currently new in the Web Matrix world and I'm a little lost. I'm looking for a way to connect to my remote Access database (ISP hosted) through the Workspace pane. I have an IP adress, even DNS, but I have no idea of how to formulate it to open my connection. I'm usually using FrontPage XP who includes a connection wizard. Thanks for any help ! You can only connect to Access databases that you have file access to. This means they must be either on your local computer, or on a computer share you have access to. One solution is to copy the MDB file to your local computer,...

accessing ACCESS database
Hi, I am trying to write a script that copies an information from ACCESS but it gives me the following error: Can't call method "Sql" on an undefined value at franowner.pl.txt line 4. Here's the script: use Win32::ODBC; $DSN="db1"; $db = new Win32::ODBC("db1"); $db->Sql("SELECT owner_first_name, owner_last_name FROM Owners WHERE ID=11"); if ($db->Error()) { print "Error: $db->Error"; } statement:\n$DBI:errstr\n"; ($ownerfname,$ownerlname) = $db->FetchRow(); print "Database results: first ...

Centrailized access for access database
i want to convert a vb application into asp.net  and back end as access database.how to get an centrailzed access using access database and thru web forms.any help.  Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply helped you. any help would be more appericated Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply helped you. could not found any reply Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply helped you.  Any possible solutions would be more appreciated Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply help...

Accessing a Microsoft Access Database
Hello all, I'm relatively new to the list, so I'm sorry if I'm going over old ground here ! I would like to use PERL to view information in a Microsoft Access Database and then use this information in other programs away from the Database. Trouble is, I'm slightly confused by all the information on offer and am not sure=20 of the best way to proceed to allow PERL to gain the information in the Database and I'm also unsure exactly what I need to install on the machine. Does anybody know of a useful web site that I can look at or does anybody have any simpl...

Problem in accessing access database
Hi  I am establishing connection with MS access. MS Access Database is placed in the same directory as the project.Connection string is " "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=testdb.mdb"   But I am getting the error  the file "testdb.mdb" not found   Can anyone please tell me what is wrong with the connection string Regards KaranRegardsKaran GuptaFor .net,Javascript and Sql server articles and interview question visithttp://guptakaran21.googlepages.com/main Try putting the DB in the APP_Data folder or changing 'testdb.mdb&#...

Accessing an Access Database on Linux
------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C1DB0F.7665F3F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I need to access a MS Access Database residing on a Linux box and perform some queries. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C1DB0F.7665F3F0-- ...

Exception accessing Access database
Hi, I am trying to connect to access database. dim objcon as new OleDbConnection("Provider = Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source = C:\ASPNET\banking.mdb") dim objcmd as new OleDbDataAdapter("select * from Names", objcon) dim ds as DataSet = new DataSet() objcmd.Fill(ds,"Names") MyDataList.DataSource = ds.Tables("Names").DefaultView MyDataList.DataBind() The above is the piece of code where i am getting error The error is Source Error: Line 10: dim ds as DataSet = new DataSet() Line 11: ...

accessing MS Access from .net
hi I am accessing ms access data base which has a table called customers. when i try to insert data into the table i am gettign the error like "Operation must use an updatable query" and the line its showing is myOleDbcommand.ExecuteNonQuery() here is my code in page lode event Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) Dim StrConnectString as String Dim strStatement as String strConnectSTring = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Password='';User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Srinu\WebApplication2\...

Accessing a MS Access database
Hi, I would like to do a lookup into an Access database, and display the result in a grid. I'm an embedded programmer being thrown into the world of .net, asp, VB, and databases so I don't know where to start :-) ...... can anyone help me ? Thanks. Really jus ta matter of making a connection, doing your query, and displaying results. Here is a sample from a module I use. The data is bound to a datagrid. Sub LoadSchedule() Dim strSrc As String = CType(Settings("src"), String) If Trim(strSrc) <> "" Then ...

Problems accessing access database
Running netware 6.1 with SP1A. When several users access the access database the second user tries to open you will receive a message that says there is a table that is exclusivly open by another user, so we can not open the document. How to make it work with databases. Is it possible that you are using an 4.90SP1 client? If yes, you should use 4.90SP1a instead -- Marcel (using XanaNews 1.16.1.6) I can resist everything but temptation >Running netware 6.1 with SP1A. Actually 6.5 I suspect. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://sup...

accessing remote ip address database in ms access on webserver
hi i have pc on which my msaccess database is present which collect data from local network , and i have another web server on which asp.net 2.0 application runs, both pc and server are far apart physically so both having internet and own different ip addresses, so want to access my data from pc ie ms access 2003 database file in my asp.net application on server ,can anybody guide me how it can be acchived. thank you, It is apparently possible to connect to a remote machine and read an Access database: http://databases.aspfaq.com/database/why-can-t-i-access-a-database-or-text-file-on...

Web resources about - How to access remote Access database? - asp.net.access-datasource

Five million customers affected by Vtech database hack
Toy and educational material seller Vtech has revealed five million customers were affected by a hack of its app database and has also suspended ...

IDG Contributor Network: Avoiding ginormous transaction logs with SharePoint databases
... why do we see these humongous transaction logs so often? I am going to blame it on a “misunderstanding” of how Microsoft describes a full database ...

Change your passwords: NexusMods suffers database breach
... security breach by posts on reddit. Cybersecurity firm REN-ISAC had apparently contacted several university IT departments about a database ...

VTech Admits Lack of Database Security Opened Door to Hack
A SQL injection, a common software flaw, was found to be the root cause in the VTech breach.

MapR And Big Data In The World's Largest Biometric Database Project
India?s Aadhaar project is one of the world?s most ambitious big data projects, aiming to collect, store, and utilize biometric information from ...

Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database
Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database