Help With MS-Access Connectivity

Hi ,

Recently I had created application for login form using SQL express database, which worked fine. But my hosting server doesnot support MS-SQL database. Now I want to do all that using MS-Access. Can somebody plz tell me that how to connect MS-Access with ASP.NET forms ? Any simple connectivity reference to use for login will do. I have created database in Access with following fields.
username,password,confirm password,question,answer & email id. I want to connect to this database with ASP.NET forms (2.0) also pz help in inserting records in database. Thankful if extra information is provided.

I am using C# as code-behind.

Thank you,

Many Regards,

-Sunny.

0
sunny_popali

Try this out : its a connection string for Access 2007 db.

http://www.connectionstrings.com/?carrier=access2007

hth,

mcm

0
mcmcomasp
11/26/2007 6:20:25 PM

I wouldn't use Access 2007 in a hosted environment, as suggested by the previous respondent.  The driver has only been available recently as a separate download, and it's pretty much certainly not installed on very many shared web servers.

The connection string for an mdb file is:

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OleDb.4.0;Data Source=<path_to_my_db.mdb>

For <path_to_db> you have to provide a file system path.  However, if you put the database in App_Data, you can use the special notation |DataDirectory| to find it:

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OleDb.4.0;Data Source=|DataDirectory|my_db.mdb

Sample code for most data access tasks with MS Access is here: http://www.mikesdotnetting.com/Article.aspx?Article=26

You may also find this of interest too: http://www.mikesdotnetting.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=70

Regards Mike
[MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]
My site
0
Mikesdotnetting

accessing MS Access from .net
hi I am accessing ms access data base which has a table called customers. when i try to insert data into the table i am gettign the error like "Operation must use an updatable query" and the line its showing is myOleDbcommand.ExecuteNonQuery() here is my code in page lode event Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) Dim StrConnectString as String Dim strStatement as String strConnectSTring = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Password='';User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Srinu\WebApplication2\...

Help with script for accessing MS Access
I have an MS Acess 2002 database that has two tables: Article & Keyword Under Article, there's an ArticleID field that is tied to the name of an Article and file name Under Keyword, there's Keyword field that has keywords and then it's tied to an ArticleID field that ties it to the ArticleID field in the Article table. Basically, you have an article title name that has a bunch of keywords tied to that article (ID). I have the actual article stored in an ASPX file. Now, I need to have a search box so people can type in a keyword and respective articles will come up. This is wh...

Accessing MS Access
Hi all, This is probably a more DB oriented question, but it came out of the = DBI. I posted a question and have tried several solutions on how to open = up an MS Access DB from the DBI::ODBC but so far have been unable to. = What I had to end up doing was create a DTS that runs every 5 minutes = which copies the table I need from Access and populates a SQL Server = table. This causes a delay on my web application such that whenever my = page overlaps while the DTS is running I get no data. So I was wondering = if there is a better way to get information from Access so I can see it =...

MS access to MS access problem
I always used MS Access Database In my programs, now I want to use SQL SERVER database and so I started to design one. but it’s a little bit confusing ,I don’t know what can I use in change of these access Data type : MS access // MS access -------------- -------------------- Memo >>>>>>>> ?? AutoNumber >>>>> ?? * and if you think there is some difference between Ms access and SQL in D...

Help with MS Access in .net
Here is another that boggles me why Microsoft makes certain applications not user firendly.  I am working with a project for an Internship, small enough to use Access for the database.  Is there any possible way to manipulate text in the database so that it displays easy on the eye for example:  I need to display different pager numbers and would like to display it through a gridview like the following example: column                      display Problem Primary &nb...

Error when accessing MS Access DB. I Need Help!
Im getting and error "No value given for one or more required parameters" pointing at line 15. I don't know what this mean....Can any one help me resolve this. I'm trying to access a MS Access Database. My codes below: <%@ Page Language="VB" ContentType="text/html" ResponseEncoding="iso-8859-1" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.OleDB" %> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose....

Connect to MS Access with ADO.Net
I connect PB 10.5 to MSAccess with ADO.Net with the following connection string; // Profile SQLCA.DBMS = "ADO.Net" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "Namespace='System.Data.OleDb',DataSource='c:\datos.mdb',Provider='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' ,TrimSpaces=1,OJSyntax='ANSI',DelimitIdentifier='No',DateFormat='#dd-mm-yyyy#' ,DateTimeFormat='#dd-mm-yy hh:mm:ss#',TimeFormat='#hh:mm:ss#'" but PB not recognize the primary keys of the tables ?? In the IDE i can't change data and save changes ??? ...

accessing access
------=_NextPart_000_029B_01C29063.1E2098D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi! I am trying to access an access mdb file for the first time. I get the following error: Can't connect(dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb ), no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env var not set at jfa_data.pl line 147 for the code: my $dbh = DBI->connect( "dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb", "", "", ) or die "Unable to connect: ". $DBI::errstr. "<br>"; What am I missing? Thanks, Jer...

Access access
========== Hi, Everyone ... I'm going to lock this thread for now. If you have a question about working with Access in Web Matrix, please start a new thread in this forum. Otherwise, this thread will get to be unwieldy. Thanks! ========== Updated 6/29/03 Hello, everyone. I've been working with the new version of Web Matrix (version .6, build 812, available right now!). In particular, I've been playing with support for Microsoft Access, which is one of the great new features in the new release. I wrote up some notes on what I've found to share some of my experiences and to a...

Help Connecting to Local MS Access Database.
I'm trying to connect from PB 6.5 to a MS Access 2000 database on my C:\ drive and I get this error - SQLSTATE = S1003 . . . program type out of range . . . My simple select * query returns me the column names from the table I'm querying - but not the data. Seems like I got some part of what I did right .. . . but not the entire process. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks, Robin Sengupta You need the latest PB 6.x maintenance release. There was an update to ODBC with Access 2000 that added datatypes that earlier versions of PB didn't kno...

Please help, PB8 connected to MS-ACCESS ?
Hello to you, I'm newbie in pb world, using pb8 My background is from vb,vfp Would you mind to guide me, "step by step" ? It 'd drove me crazy in a week I 'd prapare the MS-ACCESS database format 97, 2000 & XP. Please tell what should I do to connected & the real problem is it is read-only ? Let me said : table named customer (custno, custname, address) I'd set "custno" to primary key then I open pb and connected it by odbc (I just used the default setting). then I open database profile and makes the connection. When I clciked Conne...

[...]

I'm trying to connect from PB 6.5 to a MS Access 2000 database on my C:\ drive and I get this error - SQLSTATE = S1003 . . . program type out of range . . . My simple select * query returns me the column names from the table I'm querying - but not the data. Seems like I got some part of what I did right .. . . but not the entire process. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks, Robin Sengupta Please post this question in the PowerBuilder.Database newsgroup. This group is for EAServer - PowerBuilder issues. Regards, Dave Fish [TeamSybase] On ...

Web resources about - Help With MS-Access Connectivity - asp.net.access-datasource

TE Connectivity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TE Connectivity Ltd. designs and manufactures connectivity and sensor solutions for a variety of industries including automotive, industrial ...

Mark Zuckerberg Goes Into Detail On Facebook Connectivity Lab, Internet.org
Perhaps Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg is just a wee bit excited about the Connectivity Lab , the initiative aimed at using high-altitude ...

The power of connectivity
By Keven McCammon, site data center manager, Facebook Forest City Data Center Today we announced that we’re partnering with the Town of Forest ...

Facebook, Internet.org launch Connectivity Lab
... CEO Mark Zuckerberg shed some light on the company’s acquisition of drone-maker Titan Aerospace, announcing the launch of Facebook’s Connectivity ...

Samsung Galaxy S3: Connectivity demo - USB OTG, MHL, bluetooth keyboards/mice, games controllers - YouTube ...
AndroidNZ.net - the best source for Galaxy S3 content! For navigation in the video use these links: USB Pendrive @0:55, 500GB portable drive ...

Mid-2012 MacBook Airs offer improved performance and connectivity
Believe it or not, it's been nearly four and a half years since Apple released the original MacBook Air. At the time, it was revolutionary in ...

Connectivity is key in society
They’re billing it as the place where Lewisham meets Summer Hill meets the city – and with good reason.

BMW to launch new connectivity service
Soon your car will notify the dealer when it’s due for a service. BMW Australia will introduce a new suite of in-car connectivity apps in its ...

The key to a successful hybrid cloud infrastructure? Flexible connectivity
It's becoming increasingly clear that - for most organisations - taking a 'hybrid' approach to cloud adoption makes sound business sense.

Facebook Connectivity Lab promotes access to Internet in remote areas - CTV News
Facebook is giving more details about its effort to connect remote parts of the world to the Internet - and it involves drones, lasers and satellites. ...