Convert SQL Server DB to Access DB

Hi,

I'm trying to convert a SQL Server 2000 database into a Access database because my hosting provider does not support SQL Server. I have tried the DTS, however it can only convert the tables, not the stored procedures. So is it possible to convert the stored procedures as well?
I'm looking forwards to your response
Phan Nguyen
0
Phan

Hello, I believe you need some third-party components to do so, check the links below:

MSSQL-to-Access 1.0
MSSQL Migration Toolkit v1.0
All are shareware tools, yuo can download and use them as a trial version.
Regards.
Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCT
Microsoft MVP - Telerik MVP
0
haidar_bilal

Convert from Access DB to SQL DB....
Dear All,  I would like to convert from Access To SQL DB undervisual Studio.Net 2005... How can I do it easily, or if there any software to do this automaticlly, please your help..  Awaiting your valuable reply. Many thanks in advance for your cooperation and continuous support....Aح What version of MS Access are you using?Most of the Access versions like XP/2003 all have an upgrade wizard that allows you to convert your existing database to SQL Server.In Access 2003 I believe you can use the Upsizing Wizard which can be accessed from Tools -> Database Utilities -> Upsi...

Howto: Convert sample SQL dB code to Access dB code?
Hello, In reference to the book: ASP.NET Web Matrix Starter Kit (ISBN: 0-7356-1856-9) Chapter 14 – Creating a Web-Based Calendar. The sample code works great when using an SQL server dB. However Web Matrix allows us to use an Access dB as well. My question is how do I convert the code found on page 275 to work with an Access dB? I have got the rest of the sample code in this chapter to work using Access, but I am not familiar with the proper way to convert this code: Sub DisplayAppointments(dateToDisplay As DateTime) labelSelectedDate.Text = dateToDisplay...

Access DB instead of SQL DB?
Hi folks, Is it possible to set up a Membership-Type Access DataBase in the same manner as an SQL DataBase with ASP.NET automatically configuring all of the DataBase components so that the DataBase will be the same as an SQL DataBase? In other words, could I do something like create an empty .mdb file, put it in the App_Data folder, and ASP.NET will set up the Tables, Views, Functions, etc. and configure it as I add the Login, Password, etc. Controls? Many Thanks. hypercode: Hi folks, Is it possible to set up a Membership-Type Access DataBase in the...

access db to sql db rewright
I am changing a page from Access to SQL express database.  I usually use Dreamweaver Datasets and no problem with them but my hit counter is different.  Can someone rewright this code to work with a SQL database?  If t is possable to use it with a dreamweaver dataset that would be even better but i will take what I can get to learn. ThanksRusty  _________________________________________________________________ <%@ Page Language="vb" Debug=false %><%@ import Namespace="System.Data.OLEDB" %><%@ import Namespace="System.Drawing.Imag...

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'. SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
Hi,I have a asp web application, where i use sql server 2005 as backend. This application generates reports . Before i was using SQL Server 2000, now its migrated to 2005. When i generate report for small date range then it works fine. But when the date range is big then around half of the report is generated and the following error is thrown. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005' [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. ...out.asp, line 405  Am sure the webcode is working fine and am connecting to the Da...

How to keep SQL DB and Access DB syncronised
Hi, I have a project which i'm trying to do for a client. It starts with an access database on the local client machine, plenty of fields but the main ones are DealerID, VehicleID, Make, Model There is also an SQL server on the internet which drives a website, it has the same fields, DealerID, VehicleID, Make, Model. I need to write an application that reads the local access file and updates the SQL server. What is the best way to do this?, At first I thought delete everything from SQL server then upload everything from Access but that doesn't seem like the best way, Really I ...

Using the AS in a SQL query accessing an Access DB
Hello, I'm using a Asp.Net GridView for the first time and am VERY pleased with how easy it is to set up. However, I'm running into a couple of simple problems. First, my query looks like this: sql.Append("SELECT DISTINCT a As 'something somthing' ...") My problem is that when I view the grid, the single quotes actually show up. When I eliminate them, no results are found (because of the spaces). How do I get around this? Also, I selected the features Edit and Delete in the GridView (using VWD Express). How do I go about actually implementing those? I am g...

Linking Access Db tables to a different Access Db using the Internet.
I am looking for the simplest way in ms Access to link up to tables in a different Access database (using ASP or not). It works in a LAN, now I want to use the internet instead. If possible without inviting a heavy load of redundant features. Anybody willing to advice?Robert...

Accessing a password protected Access 2002 DB from .Net
Here is my connection string: Dim strConn As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("trivia.mdb") & ";Database Password=jeuxdemots;" but I get the following error: Not a valid password. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Not a valid password. The password is the right one, what am I doing ...

Changing access db to sql db web application.
I am experiencing problems with databases for the web application that i am developing. The problem is that I have transferred the database from access to sql which initially seemed to work ok. I am now however struggling to solve the problems with one of my fields titled 'notes'. The trouble is that in the original database the notes field contained different notes from different dates for each record, and each note is separated by carriage returns. It is the carriage returns that are now proving to be a problem in the sql database but i am not sure what to do. Any advice would be appreciat...

Access DB and SQL Server Query
I have a table in Access 2003 that I want to link to a table in SQL Server to create a query. How do I do this? Can I link the two tables? Or do I have to import the table from Access? Thanks for the help! Scott J. You can link to a sql server table in access using odbc but not the other way around. Generally if you were sing sql server you would import it. Brian O'Connell (MCAD) - http://www.systemdotweb.com How do you import a table from asp.net? Thanks Scott J. Well I'm not sure if it can be done through .net. If I needed to do this I would open the mdb in access, add...

Access DB vs. SQL server
Hi, I'm developing a web application that could have up to about 700 people connected to it at the same time. I love MS Access so I would love to be able to use an access database here, but I'm concerned that it won't be able to handle all the users. Should I just create an SQL server database for this application or am I worrying for nothing here? I'll be using Visual studio .NET 2003 to create this app. Thanks Personally, unless the application makes very light use of the database, Access will get crushed by 700 simultaneous users, even Web users.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at...

Accessing MS SQL DB on own server?
Hi If my site is hosted with an external company web host can I use ASP.NET pages to connect to a MS SQL DB that is on my company's internal server if I had MS SQL installed on it? My company's server is always on and always connected to the internet. I have access to my company's server if I need to set anything up on it for this to happen. There will not be any kind of overload as the site is not accessed constantly. Also, would this cause any kind of security leak? If so how would I go about plugging this hole? Our server does have confidential info on it. Cheers k...

problem while accessing sql server db
HiI have created a SQL server database using Visual Studio.NET 2008 and VS placed it in App_Data folder.It's working normally on local host but doesn't work at online server.Here is the configuration setting (web.config)<add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\backlitprint1.mdf;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/> Please help, how can I solve this problem.  Hi, You need to find out your server's SQL servername, create a db...

Web resources about - Convert SQL Server DB to Access DB - asp.net.access-datasource

Today’s apps gone free: BlockBear, Stock Grader, PDF Smart Convert and more
Block ads and other annoying content, take the emotion out of investing, and convert almost anything into a PDF with todays collection of apps ...

Ford patents rear wheel that converts into a unicycle
Filed under: Government/Legal , Green , Ford , Green Driving , Motorcycle , Electric Ford is thinking about allowing drivers to remove a rear ...