Can't update my database because I can't retrieve the value from radiobuttonlist

Hello

I am a beginner in ASP.NET and I am now developing a poll application but I had a problem and I could not solve it. The problem is that I could not use an update query because my SQL statement cannot retrieve the value from radiobuttonlist . I am now stack in this point and I could not complete my application. I could not  attach the website because I am not allowed. I don't know why.

Note : the error message is  No value given for one or more required parameters.

My CODE :

Conn.Open()

Cmd3 =

New OleDbCommand("Update PollAnswer Set PollCount = PollCount + 1 Where PollAnsID = @PollAnsID and PollId = @PollID", Conn)

Dim param1 As OleDbParameter = Cmd.Parameters.Add("@PollAnsID", OleDbType.VarChar)

param1.Value = Lstpoll.SelectedValue

Dim param2 As OleDbParameter = Cmd.Parameters.Add("@PollID", OleDbType.Integer)

param2.Value =

CInt(TextBox2.Text)

Cmd3.ExecuteNonQuery()

Response.Write(

"yes")

Conn.Close()

<

asp:radiobuttonlist id=Lstpoll runat="server" DataTextField="PollAnswer" DataSource="<%# PollDs1 %>" Height="22px" Width="184px" DataValueField="PollAnsID">

</asp:radiobuttonlist>
0
mooj

what is PollDs1?

And DataTextField should not be a table name (i presume this is a table name base on your code). The appropriate value for this property is a field fetched from whatever your DataSource is.

0
kimoy
5/5/2007 5:11:38 PM

Hello kimoy,

PollDs1 is my dataset

and right DataTextField  is a table a name

I solved my problem by changing appendDataBoundItem property to true, so then I could update my database

0
mooj

Can't boot, can't update
I have upgraded from SuSE version 11.3 (which worked well) using zypper dup. Unfortunately, an earlier post regarding resolution of a CPU crash during boot turned out to be premature, as it is now intermittent. When booting, the system: (1) UDV reports a CPU crash (on-screen dump) (2) if the computer is reset (turned off, then on again), it will eventually either boot up normally (rare) or display a screen with a very wrong resolution setting. Repeatedly rebooting will eventually tease the system into normal operation, but it usually takes several attempts. Several Grub parame...

CAN'T UPDATE AND CAN'T USE BROWSE
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: CAN'T UPDATE AND CAN'T USE BROWSE Comments: Comments: Firefox4 Beta5 Fails. Before getting the main browser window I get a dialoge box with the following message. "The operation can not be completed because of an internal failure. A secure network communication has not been cleaned up correctly." Once ok is pressed main browser window opoens but I can not browse any web sites (i.e. enter any url in the address bar and a blank screen is displayed, but done is shown in the status bar bottom left hand corne...

Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb',How can I do?
when I run system procedure,I got following messages : Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb' because the 'system'segment is full. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of thesegment. Failed to allocate disk space for a work table in database 'mydb'. You may be able to free up space by using the DUMP TRANsaction command, or you may want to extend the size of the database by using the ALTER DATABASE command. thanks. allan wrot...

Can't access suse, and can't seem to reinstall it either.
Everything worked somewhat OK for about a day, since i got it installed (had problems with opening yast and couldn't update). Then today it started freezing for no reason; desktop icons disappeared, and that bottom panel too. Then when i restarted (by clicking the restart button on the machine cause nothing responded on the desktop), i got this message: "Grub read error" and could no longer get into suse. So I thought maybe if i reinstall, (this time entering a root password, cause the first time i didn't) maybe it'll work fine. But i can't seem to be abl...

Can't Update CPAN, Can't Install DBD::mysql
I upgraded to Lion. I have pre-existing Perl modules that I had installed, but I hadn't yet installed DBD::mysql. When I try to install DBD::mysql, I get this: Checking if your kit is complete... Looks good Using DBI 1.615 (for perl 5.012003 on darwin-thread-multi-2level) installed in /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBI/ Writing Makefile for DBD::mysql Can't exec "/usr/bin/make": No such file or directory at /System/Library/Perl/5.12/CPAN/Distribution.pm line 2026. CAPTTOFU/DBD-mysql-4.020.tar.gz /usr/bin/make -- NOT...

Can't base report on stored procedure--'Can't create Datawindow'
I installed IM65 today to give it a try. I made a db config to our local ASE 11.9.2 engine via Sybase' odbc driver that came with 11.9.2. I start a new report, tell it to be tabular and to get data from a SP. It asks which SP and I tell it. The result is an odbc error: Cannot create DataWindow Intersolv SQL ODBC driver: Incorrect syntax near '='. 1 execute dbo.sp_si_addressbest_;0 RETURN_VALUE = :RETURN_VALUE' I can execute the SP fine from SQL Advantage or from Crytal Reports. Thanks. -- Frank Burleigh Indiana University School of Law Bloomi...

Re: Can't Update CPAN, Can't Install DBD::mysql
Good morning, On 28/09/11 at 3:59 PM -0400, Lola Lee Beno <lola@his.com> wrote: >That's what I was afraid of. Apparently a previous install of=20 >make got blown away. In the process of downloading XCode from=20 >App Store (uggggh) . . . I had to install Xcode twice (not download, just install twice).=20 And I seem to recall some reports from others saying the same=20 thing. Installing twice also fixed borked xcode for a colleague.=20 I never bothered to find out why that fixed things; just=20 proceeded and kept working. Charlie --=20 =E1=8F=8A C...

update fails, can't get out of it and now can't get my email
Name: martha Email: mjhartleyatchampmaildotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: update fails, can't get out of it and now can't get my email Comments: The directions about bugging aren't helpful to me because I don't know what you're talking about. You offered an update, I tried it, now it is in an endless loop of trying to install, failing, and trying again. It is very frustrating because I can't even get into my old email files to get addresses, photos, etc. I have turned off my firewall and have rebooted the computer, per some of the suggestions in the...

Can't install Email-Send & Can't access Bugzilla in Browser
Hi All I am facing this problem for many days now and actually am stuck at this point can somebody please help me in resolving this (platform is Windows Server 2003, perl 5.8.8, Apache 2.2.4) 1) When I runchecksetup.pl command it give me error that Email Send and Emil MIME Modifier are not installed ..... I followed the instructions and run the commands but am unable to install these two C:\Bugzilla\bugzilla-3.0>ppm install Email-Send Downloading ActiveState Package Repository packlist...not modified Downloading theory58S packlist...redirect Downloading theory58S packlist...

Can't boot 12.1 after update & can't mount the partition for backup
Hi all. Last Sunday I've run an update for my 12.1 x64 running off an external HDD (my internal has to be replaced) with the new btrfs File system. It updated fine on Sunday, then I started it once on monday to get some info from the net - all went well, after I returned from Univeristy to get to answering mails I the farthest point I got with the system was the login-screen. After that the system crashes with a lot of messages which I unfortunately can't copy here as I can't access the bootlogs on the drive (gonna try rescue install now that I've got the media)....

Web resources about - Can't update my database because I can't retrieve the value from radiobuttonlist - asp.net.access-datasource

A2ZMenu tutorial index page
A2Zmenu.Com Blog Tutorials Online Exam Ask Question Utility Fun @ Work Funda Contact Us About Us Loading Test Your Skill Q. Out of Boxing and ...

Quick Answers - CodeProject
Questions - Free source code and tutorials for Software developers and Architects.; Updated: 1 Jun 2012

DaniWeb Solved Articles - Technology Publication Meets Social Media
An online discussion community of IT professionals. Forums to get free computer help and support. We are a social technology publication covering ...

.NET sample code - developer Fusion
Discover the very latest .NET sample code Out of the box, the ASP.NET list controls (CheckBoxList, RadioButtonList, DropDownList) only support ...

ConditionalRequiredTextValidator Control
The ConditionalRequiredTextValidator control allows you to specify a CheckBox, RadioButton, CheckBoxList, RadioButtonList, DropDownList, or ListBox ...

ASP.NET 4 and Visual Studio 2010 Web Development Overview : The Official Microsoft ASP.NET Site
This document provides an overview of many of the new features for ASP.NET that are included in the.NET Framework 4 and in Visual Studio 2010. ...

Gaiaware - Gaia Ajax
Home Samples Download Free Trial Buy from $195 Login Download Free Trial ASP.NET Done Right 6 reasons to use Gaia Ajax? 40 UI controls 10 aspects/behaviors ...

A2ZMenu utilities index page
A2Zmenu.Com Blog Tutorials Online Exam Ask Question Utility Fun @ Work Funda Contact Us About Us Loading Online Tool Title Description Rating ...

Online Exam papers index page
A2Zmenu.Com Blog Tutorials Online Exam Ask Question Utility Fun @ Work Funda Contact Us About Us Loading Test Your Skill Q. Out of Boxing and ...

A2ZMenu Experts Comment
A2ZMenu team is committed in providing solution in various technologies through blogs, tutorials, Q & A etc. Our objective is to give a knowledge ...