accessing MS Access from .net

hi

I am accessing ms access data base which has a table called customers. when i try to insert data into the table i am gettign the error like

"Operation must use an updatable query"

and the line its showing is
myOleDbcommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

here is my code in page lode event

Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs)
Dim StrConnectString as String
Dim strStatement as String
strConnectSTring = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Password='';User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Srinu\WebApplication2\Durga.mdb;"
Dim myOleDbConnection as OleDbConnection
Dim myOleDbCommand as OleDbCommand

myOleDbConnection = new OleDbConnection(strConnectSTring)
myoleDbConnection.open()

strStatement = " insert into customer (customer_name,Customer_address,customer_contact) values('aaa','bbb','ccc');"
myOleDbCommand = new OleDbCommand(strstatement, myOleDbConnection )
myOleDbcommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
myOleDbConnection.close()
end sub

Thanks
durga
0
durga

This is a well known security issue, covered in painful detail in this pinned post:

http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=154273.
Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:
Programming Microsoft Web Forms
My Blog
0
douglas

Access access
========== Hi, Everyone ... I'm going to lock this thread for now. If you have a question about working with Access in Web Matrix, please start a new thread in this forum. Otherwise, this thread will get to be unwieldy. Thanks! ========== Updated 6/29/03 Hello, everyone. I've been working with the new version of Web Matrix (version .6, build 812, available right now!). In particular, I've been playing with support for Microsoft Access, which is one of the great new features in the new release. I wrote up some notes on what I've found to share some of my experiences and to a...

accessing access
------=_NextPart_000_029B_01C29063.1E2098D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi! I am trying to access an access mdb file for the first time. I get the following error: Can't connect(dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb ), no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env var not set at jfa_data.pl line 147 for the code: my $dbh = DBI->connect( "dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb", "", "", ) or die "Unable to connect: ". $DBI::errstr. "<br>"; What am I missing? Thanks, Jer...

Accessing MS Access
Hi all, This is probably a more DB oriented question, but it came out of the = DBI. I posted a question and have tried several solutions on how to open = up an MS Access DB from the DBI::ODBC but so far have been unable to. = What I had to end up doing was create a DTS that runs every 5 minutes = which copies the table I need from Access and populates a SQL Server = table. This causes a delay on my web application such that whenever my = page overlaps while the DTS is running I get no data. So I was wondering = if there is a better way to get information from Access so I can see it =...

accessing linked Access table from .net
We have an access database with a linked table to MYOB through ODBC. The MYOB table appears in access with a green dot indicating it's a linked table. In Access it all works fine. When we try to get at it through .net, it brings up DB_SEC_E_AUTH_FAILED(0x80040E4D) which as far as I can see indicates authentication failed. Any idea what is required to be able to use it from.Net? You might try this stepp0, put in admin for the username and leave the password blank (unless you specified other) Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Components\Databases\Db.m...

MS access to MS access problem
I always used MS Access Database In my programs, now I want to use SQL SERVER database and so I started to design one. but it’s a little bit confusing ,I don’t know what can I use in change of these access Data type : MS access // MS access -------------- -------------------- Memo >>>>>>>> ?? AutoNumber >>>>> ?? * and if you think there is some difference between Ms access and SQL in D...

Accessing a password protected Access 2002 DB from .Net
Here is my connection string: Dim strConn As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("trivia.mdb") & ";Database Password=jeuxdemots;" but I get the following error: Not a valid password. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Not a valid password. The password is the right one, what am I doing ...

Access to MS-Access denied
I'm moving data from MS-Access *.mdb files (using Win32::ODBC) to a postgresql database (using DBD:Pg). While I'n not having problems to do it with many ordinary *.mdb files I'm unable now to transfer data from an Access file which is protected. As a matter of fact the launching icon on my NT desktop has the following line in it (which gives me r/w rights on the db): "C:\programs\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCES.EXE""V:\PE\myfile.mdb/user De Martino/nostartup". I've tried to give the login "De Martino" (no password is required) to the ...

DBD::Access? [was: MS Access]
The message further below went accidentally not to the list... > Tim Harsch wrote: > > Forgive my naivity (or just flawed understanding) but how would one go > about creating a DBD::Access? For instance DBD::Oracle is built on > OCI, does Access have a similar network protocol? I thought that ODBC > was about the only MS supported method of communicating to it... One of the earlier mails said: > > From: Tim Bunce > > On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 10:27:20AM -0700, Jeff Zucker wrote: > > > Orlando Andico wrote: > > > > > >...

Accessing a MS Access database
Hi, I would like to do a lookup into an Access database, and display the result in a grid. I'm an embedded programmer being thrown into the world of .net, asp, VB, and databases so I don't know where to start :-) ...... can anyone help me ? Thanks. Really jus ta matter of making a connection, doing your query, and displaying results. Here is a sample from a module I use. The data is bound to a datagrid. Sub LoadSchedule() Dim strSrc As String = CType(Settings("src"), String) If Trim(strSrc) <> "" Then ...

.net and ms access
Hi i have tried to setup a dataset with ms access, but i am having a problem when i am adding a @parameter to the where clause  using ms access is there a different way of using .net to add a parameter to a query ?   many thanks Access uses ? for parameters, instead of @Parameter.  Check out this article:http://www.mikesdotnetting.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=26 Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you!...

accessing ACCESS database
Hi, I am trying to write a script that copies an information from ACCESS but it gives me the following error: Can't call method "Sql" on an undefined value at franowner.pl.txt line 4. Here's the script: use Win32::ODBC; $DSN="db1"; $db = new Win32::ODBC("db1"); $db->Sql("SELECT owner_first_name, owner_last_name FROM Owners WHERE ID=11"); if ($db->Error()) { print "Error: $db->Error"; } statement:\n$DBI:errstr\n"; ($ownerfname,$ownerlname) = $db->FetchRow(); print "Database results: first ...

Accessing ACCESS from textbox
Hey guys,  I need to make my textbox do this: -Look up what you type into it: so theres a text box called 'txtBuycode' and what i need to happen is when the user types in a 3 digit currency code for example, USD (it will be force upper case) I want to, onblur, to check USD against the 'Currency_Code' table and when it finds it display the Currency Name from the table 'Currency_Name' alongside the text box. Is this possible, any help greatly appreciated! ThanksJust Love What code can do :) You'll need to use AJAX to do this. Have a look at the AutoComplet...

Access access prase
I first found the power of web matrix and access in .NET show 30 when I searched for web matrix on microsoft site. I just gasped. If you are going to create more functionality it would be wonderfull. Web matrix the one click webpage. Ill have to see or maybe someone can tell me has web matrix already got automatic Database URL linking, If not this would be cool.Hardware is not easy to pirate so it is cheep. Software isnt getting bigger because of complex features, Its growing to stop the pirates....

Remote Access access
Hello, Currently new in the Web Matrix world and I'm a little lost. I'm looking for a way to connect to my remote Access database (ISP hosted) through the Workspace pane. I have an IP adress, even DNS, but I have no idea of how to formulate it to open my connection. I'm usually using FrontPage XP who includes a connection wizard. Thanks for any help ! You can only connect to Access databases that you have file access to. This means they must be either on your local computer, or on a computer share you have access to. One solution is to copy the MDB file to your local computer,...

Web resources about - accessing MS Access from .net - asp.net.access-datasource

Accessing the Future Fund a sensible proposal, says super expert Daryl Dixon
As portfolios go, the Future Fund's asset allocation is concentrated in higher-risk investment, including equities and alternative assets.

Accessing my Super
I'm 57 - can I access my super?

Australia, US accessing Indonesian telephone data, leaked documents show
Newly disclosed documents from former US intelligence contractor Edward Snowden have revealed that Australian intelligence efforts against Indonesia ...

Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke detained at Melbourne Airport, accuses Customs officials of accessing ...
Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke has accused Customs officials of accessing hundreds of patients' sensitive records on his laptop after detaining ...