Accessing a password protected Access 2002 DB from .Net

Here is my connection string:

Dim strConn As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("trivia.mdb") & ";Database Password=jeuxdemots;"

but I get the following error:
 Not a valid password.

Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Not a valid password.

The password is the right one, what am I doing wrong ?
0
psychopif

From www.connectionstrings.com

With password:
"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=\somepath\mydb.mdb;Jet OLEDB:Database Password=MyDbPassword;"
I would add "Jet OLEDB:" just before "Database Password" in your string.
Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:
Programming Microsoft Web Forms
My Blog
0
douglas
psychopif

accessing MS Access from .net
hi I am accessing ms access data base which has a table called customers. when i try to insert data into the table i am gettign the error like "Operation must use an updatable query" and the line its showing is myOleDbcommand.ExecuteNonQuery() here is my code in page lode event Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) Dim StrConnectString as String Dim strStatement as String strConnectSTring = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Password='';User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Srinu\WebApplication2\...

Access access
========== Hi, Everyone ... I'm going to lock this thread for now. If you have a question about working with Access in Web Matrix, please start a new thread in this forum. Otherwise, this thread will get to be unwieldy. Thanks! ========== Updated 6/29/03 Hello, everyone. I've been working with the new version of Web Matrix (version .6, build 812, available right now!). In particular, I've been playing with support for Microsoft Access, which is one of the great new features in the new release. I wrote up some notes on what I've found to share some of my experiences and to a...

accessing access
------=_NextPart_000_029B_01C29063.1E2098D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi! I am trying to access an access mdb file for the first time. I get the following error: Can't connect(dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb ), no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env var not set at jfa_data.pl line 147 for the code: my $dbh = DBI->connect( "dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb", "", "", ) or die "Unable to connect: ". $DBI::errstr. "<br>"; What am I missing? Thanks, Jer...

accessing linked Access table from .net
We have an access database with a linked table to MYOB through ODBC. The MYOB table appears in access with a green dot indicating it's a linked table. In Access it all works fine. When we try to get at it through .net, it brings up DB_SEC_E_AUTH_FAILED(0x80040E4D) which as far as I can see indicates authentication failed. Any idea what is required to be able to use it from.Net? You might try this stepp0, put in admin for the username and leave the password blank (unless you specified other) Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Components\Databases\Db.m...

CLR access to Access Db
Hi all,I'm quite desperate. Since two days I'm trying to get data from a access db through a server based clr (vb.net) with an oledb provider. The connection string is: "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;user id=developer;Password=bla;Data source=C:\test\test.mdb;Jet OLEDB:System database=C:\test\test.mdw;Jet OLEDB:Database Password=blabla;"The acces to the db works through access db security with user authentification (*.mdw). When I try the code with a Winfom-Project the connectstring works fine, but the clr always brings a "System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException"&...

accessing ACCESS database
Hi, I am trying to write a script that copies an information from ACCESS but it gives me the following error: Can't call method "Sql" on an undefined value at franowner.pl.txt line 4. Here's the script: use Win32::ODBC; $DSN="db1"; $db = new Win32::ODBC("db1"); $db->Sql("SELECT owner_first_name, owner_last_name FROM Owners WHERE ID=11"); if ($db->Error()) { print "Error: $db->Error"; } statement:\n$DBI:errstr\n"; ($ownerfname,$ownerlname) = $db->FetchRow(); print "Database results: first ...

Access access prase
I first found the power of web matrix and access in .NET show 30 when I searched for web matrix on microsoft site. I just gasped. If you are going to create more functionality it would be wonderfull. Web matrix the one click webpage. Ill have to see or maybe someone can tell me has web matrix already got automatic Database URL linking, If not this would be cool.Hardware is not easy to pirate so it is cheep. Software isnt getting bigger because of complex features, Its growing to stop the pirates....

Accessing ACCESS from textbox
Hey guys,  I need to make my textbox do this: -Look up what you type into it: so theres a text box called 'txtBuycode' and what i need to happen is when the user types in a 3 digit currency code for example, USD (it will be force upper case) I want to, onblur, to check USD against the 'Currency_Code' table and when it finds it display the Currency Name from the table 'Currency_Name' alongside the text box. Is this possible, any help greatly appreciated! ThanksJust Love What code can do :) You'll need to use AJAX to do this. Have a look at the AutoComplet...

Accessing access with DSN.
I am useing vista and IIS7.  I set up a connection string as below: <% Set strConn = server.createobject("adodb.connection") strConn.ConnectionString = "DSN=beautyaids" strConn.open %>  I am working locally aso I type in my localhost\myaspfile.asp and i get the error: An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator  Sometimes I get the HTTP:500 page not found. I set up the ODBC DSN as a system dsn.  Can anyone tell me what thw problem is.       William Rice These forum...

access data... access...
Hi, I'm trying to handle a simple structured access db in c#... but I'm a bit confused on how to do it! How can I select, insert, edit and remove records from an access database? should I use datasets? Thanks I suggest reading microsoft's Documentation on ADO.Net. OleDb is the DataProvider you want to use if you're going against an Access DB. another thing: how can I get, having an opened oledbconnection, all the tables, and the fields in those tables, from the database?...

Remote Access access
Hello, Currently new in the Web Matrix world and I'm a little lost. I'm looking for a way to connect to my remote Access database (ISP hosted) through the Workspace pane. I have an IP adress, even DNS, but I have no idea of how to formulate it to open my connection. I'm usually using FrontPage XP who includes a connection wizard. Thanks for any help ! You can only connect to Access databases that you have file access to. This means they must be either on your local computer, or on a computer share you have access to. One solution is to copy the MDB file to your local computer,...

Passing integer array from VB.NET to Access VBA Code (Access 2003 Interop)
Hello, I'm working on a small project to take a current Access database and move it online. I'm using Access automation using Interop (even though its not recommended, but the service wont be used very often). I have the majority of the code working great, except on one VBA function where I pass it an array of integers. Below is a blurp of the code: VBA function: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Public Sub OutputScheduler0708(ProgramId() As Integer, ProgramTypeID() As Integer, ProgramCnt() As Integer, XLSOut...

Accessing MS Access
Hi all, This is probably a more DB oriented question, but it came out of the = DBI. I posted a question and have tried several solutions on how to open = up an MS Access DB from the DBI::ODBC but so far have been unable to. = What I had to end up doing was create a DTS that runs every 5 minutes = which copies the table I need from Access and populates a SQL Server = table. This causes a delay on my web application such that whenever my = page overlaps while the DTS is running I get no data. So I was wondering = if there is a better way to get information from Access so I can see it =...

Access to a field from my Access DataSource in my DetailsView
I am creating an Audit Trail of changes made to my table using a DetailsView RowUpadated event. This field,  CustomerName, in the table is not being updated so I can not grab the data from my  DictionaryEntry  old or new values statements as I am doing for my audit trail. However, it is in my select statement for the DetailsView from my AccessDataSource. I can’t seem to find a reference where I can get the value of a field from my AccessDataSource. How can I reference it ?  Thx.           <asp:DetailsView ID="DetailsView1" ...

Web resources about - Accessing a password protected Access 2002 DB from .Net - asp.net.access-datasource

Student pleads guilty to accessing records about Frances Abbott design scholarship
The Sydney student who leaked information about a fashion school scholarship controversially awarded to the daughter of the Prime Minister has ...

Accessing a headline opinion
Accessing a headline opinion

Sharp increase in authorities accessing private data
Australian law enforcement and government agencies have sharply increased their access without warrant to vast quantities of private telephone ...

Former librarian charged with accessing student records of Frances Abbott
A former part-time librarian at a Sydney design school has been charged after she allegedly accessed student records of Prime Minister Tony Abbott's ...