ASP.NET Future is replaced by ASP.NET Extensions? There will no VS2005 .NET 2.0 version?

ASP.NET Future is replaced by ASP.NET Extensions? There will no VS2005 .NET 2.0 version? I wish to use browser history function at my current .NET 2.0 project...

0
ChrisTorng
12/10/2007 1:34:18 AM
asp.net.3.5-extensions-preview 378 articles. 0 followers. Follow

No.. the futures release is still up there and you can use it on 2005... We do have some enhanced history support that is more integrated into the core framework in the Extensions release... this release is what we are working on productizing.
0
BradA
12/10/2007 3:37:24 AM

The features in ASP.NET 3.5 Extensions Preview are a continuation of the elements from ASP.NET Futures and they build signifficantly on top of the new features introduced in .NET 3.5 and VS 2008 (such as LINQ, extension methods, etc.). You will need those elements to take advantage of the Preview.

Marcin Dobosz
SDE, ASP.NET Team, Microsoft
Read my blog
0
marcind
12/10/2007 3:38:25 AM

So ASP.NET Future is focus on VS2005, ASP.NET Extensions is focus on VS2008?

0
ChrisTorng
12/10/2007 5:11:16 AM

Yes.  today, that is the case, but that is mostly because we are not updating Futures at this time... (we have been a little busy recently ;-)  )  but when we do, we will likely update it to 2008..  Is there something in particular out of futures that you need to keep working on 2005?

0
BradA
12/10/2007 7:27:16 AM

Extensions is on .NET FX 3.5 VS2008. Futures works on/in VS 2005 and 2008.

Phil Haack (http://haacked.com/)
Senior Program Manager, Microsoft

What wouldn’t you do for a Klondike bar?
0
Haacked
12/10/2007 7:27:19 AM

Prerequisite check for system component ASP.NET 3.5 Extensions CTP failed with the following error message: "A previous installation of Astoria CTP has been detected. Please uninstall any previous installation of Astoria CTP and try again."

I get this condition check while installing. i had ASP.NET Future installed. the installation was successfully after uninstall Astoria.

 (MacBook + Vista 32bit)

0
Jirapong
12/10/2007 10:13:43 AM

This is correct. The Extensions Preview includes the latest Astoria - it will block installation of any previous Astoria install, and ask you to uninstall that. The ASP.NET Futures should not cause the Extensions Preview to be blocked on install.

Simon
SimonCal