.NET 3.5 SP1 & ADO.NET Entity Framework Clarification

I'm a little confused, can someone please clarify, with the recent release of .NET 3.5 SP1....  does that include an official "release" of the ADO.NET Entity Framework?  Or is the framework still in early pre-release stages?

Thanks,

Matt Brown
MetalReview.com - Metal music community and reviews
Haulix - Easy promotional media distribution for the music industry
0
mattb
8/15/2008 7:40:29 PM
asp.net.3.5-extensions-preview 378 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Entity Framework is officially released and is part of SP1. Sweet times, sweet times.

This is the official forum for it: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=533&SiteID=1

The forum was not renamed yet, but don't let it mislead you. It -IS- part of SP1 and is RTM, I'm already using it in some new projects :)

0
shados
8/15/2008 7:55:49 PM

Sweet times indeed!

Thanks for the reply.

Matt Brown
MetalReview.com - Metal music community and reviews
Haulix - Easy promotional media distribution for the music industry
0
mattb

Can we replace Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 with Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5
Hi, I have installed vs2008 in C drive and removed it from there  including Microsoft .Net framework 3.5, due to space crunch, then I started installing it in D drive, in this case it did not install .Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 and now it does not show me Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 it shows .NET Compact Framework 3.5 in Add remove program list. My question is will VS2008 work fine with .NET Compact Framework 3.5. apart from it it also has .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in the list, all what is missing is microsoft .net framework 3.5  Please let me know ...

ajax 3.5 extensions preview and .NET 3.5
I'm a little bit confused.On one hand you say the AJAX framework is included in .NET 3.5. On the other hand there's an ajax extensions preview which "provides new functionality being added to ASP.NET 3.5 and ADO.NET in 2008." Is the latter like an addon to the .NET 3.5 built-in framework? Out of a developer perspective I would like to know if it is "safe" to develop with the 3.5 extension preview.. and if at any state its functionality is added to the .NET framework. Do I need to install the 3.5 extension preview on my host running IIS, too? Or i...

.Net 3.5 ADO.Net Data Service & Ajax
 Hello, I was trying to use the example in the following video and I keep getting "Server Method "Categories" failed" error. I have .Net 3.5 SP1 and VS 2008, is there any workable example out there? I also added the Entity Data Model. http://www.asp.net/learn/3.5-SP1/video-239.aspx  I really like the way how you can access data in the database using javascript. Any help on this code? thx Default.aspx     <input id="ButtonQuery" type="button" value="Perform Query" onclick="return ButtonQuery_oncli...

.NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 2.0
Hi All,            I wana know i have .net framework 2.0 running on my pc with sql server 2005. I wana install .net framework 3.5. My question is that can i keep both the framework on same pc if yes can u tell me the way how can i do this.  The 3.5 version of the framework actually adds to the existing 2.0 framework. after you install 3.5, you will still have 2.0 on your system.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ actually by default and automatilcally when you ...

Can I switch from .Net 3.5 to .Net 3
After finishing the website that I built in VS 2008 and has AjaxControlToolkit controls. I was informed by the network admin that the server has .Net 3 and that we can't install .Net 3.5. I tried to change the application settings from Property Page --> Build node, and then select .Net Framework 3.0 from Target Framework Dropdownlist, and then click OK BUT then I can't run my application I get error message and the     <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />   is unknown even when I try ...

Support for dw.NET 2.5 in VS 2008, .NET framework 3.5 and Oracle 10.2g
Hi, I intend to use the datawindow.NET 2.5 in VS 2008 (.NET framework 3.5) using a Oracle 10.2g database as a backend and later using Oracle 11g as backend. Can someone please let me know if the product is supported in the environments mentioned. All help will be highly appreciated and many thanks in advance. Regards Hasan Kasamali On Nov 24, 3:06=A0am, Hasan Kasamali wrote: > Hi, > > I intend to use the datawindow.NET 2.5 in VS 2008 (.NET > framework 3.5) using a Oracle 10.2g database as a backend > and later using Oracle 11g as backend. > > Can ...

Proplem with..Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Name: Tony Email: Accuscopeathotmaildotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: Proplem with..Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) Comments: I have used Firefox for many years but I am not happy with latest version. You can set options such as home page and security and privacy settings but as soon as you close the browser and re start it remembers none of the settings??? Very frustrating! I have re-installed several times and rebooted every time but it always goes back to a default page as though I had just do...

Using a REST API using "Astoria" (with .NET Framework 3.5 and VS.NET 2008 SP1)
Hello! I'm really interested in learning how to work with the new .NET Framework 3.5 and VS.NET 2008 SP1 (still beta). Here is my question: I would like to use a REST API that is not made by me. I'm talking about the REST API of Community Server 2008 (www.communityserver.org). I've got the full specification of the API. They have it well documented and ready to go. It appears to be very easy to use, but... HOW? How to connect the web services with the new .NET 3.5 properly? The full specification can be read here: http://api.communityserver.org. I've successully used...

Net framework 2.0 installled on my server, can i replace it with .net framework 3.5
Hi all I have .Net framework 2.0 installled on my server,  and  websites are currently running  that are developed in .net 2.,  my  clinets wants .net framework 3.5 or  if i installed .net framewrok 3.5 in my server, there is any problems to my previous  web application that was hosted using .net framework 2.0   if yes ,how  can i installed .net framewrok 3.5 adilahmed Don't worry...just install it. .net 3.5 is incremental and works on top of 2.0. Any existing websites will reference the 2.0 binaries and will still work.   Also, I...

Installation Fails: MVC Preview 3 requires the .NET Framework version 3.5
The problem is... I already have it installed.  So I tried uninstalling it, then re-installing it.  Then I tried the MVC preview with the same results.  Then I installed the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and tried installing the MVC preview with the same results. Any ideas? By the way, I have Vista Ultimate, VS 2005 Pro & VS 2008 Standard installed along with the Silverlight 2 Beta 2....

.net framework 3.5 incompatibe with firfox 3.1 beta 3
Name: Abel B. Alvarez, Jr. Email: riogranderiveratlivedotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: .net framework 3.5 incompatibe with firfox 3.1 beta 3 Comments: ..net framework 3.5 compatible with Firefox 3.1 beta 3 When will it work with framework 3.5 Abel Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender ...

new features for Visual Studio 2008 and .Net FrameWork 3.0 &3.5
Hi,    What are the new features for Visual Studio 2008 and .Net FrameWork 3.0 &3.5  There are many of them. Pleas check the links below for a list of them.http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/http://www.vikramlakhotia.com/AspNet_3X.aspx Vikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you...

History in VS2008 SP1 with .Net Framework 3.5 SP1
This seems extremely straightforward but I am stuggling here.According to all the documentation the History control e.g <asp:history...> is included in .Net Framework 3.5 SP1.I downloaded installed and verified the version number of both my VS2008 and .Net Framework.  All looks good.Now I want to include the control and cannot get it to 1) show up in the toolbox or 2) work at all (as far as Visual Studio is concerned no such control exists.)  I am building a web application in C#.  I think I have the correct dlls referenced by my project, but am I missing something here?...

Update to .NET 3.5 SP1 Released (Dynamic Data Entity Framework Issue Fixed)
An update to .NET 3.5 SP1 has been recently released, you can search for KB959209 in the Microsoft Knowledgebase. Here is a direct link to the article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959209. This update is important for Dynamic Data users that are using the Entity Framework as it corrects the problem that the RTM version of Dynamic Data had with certain types of relationships with Entity Framework. This can been seen with 1->0..1 and *->1 relationships which may generate error messages like "'System.Web.UI.WebControls.EntityDataSourceWrapper' does not contain a property w...

Web resources about - .NET 3.5 SP1 & ADO.NET Entity Framework Clarification - asp.net.3.5-extensions-preview

Category:Wikipedia articles needing clarification from November 2010 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...

Facebook Seeks FTC Clarification On Possible Changes To COPPA
Facebook submitted a filing to the Federal Trade Commission seeking clarification on whether the social network and other websites will be able ...

Mr. Smith's Apologies and Clarifications - YouTube
Reupload of Mr. Smith's (amsmith77amsmith) "Apologies and Clarifications" Mr. Smith's verbal assault of Rachel the Chick-Fil-A employee; htt ...

Oil price rattled by US export clarification
... prices were rattled by news coming out of the United States, where the Commerce Department’s Bureau of Industry and Security published clarifications ...

'Urgent clarification': Australia demands answers from VW as scandal grows
... is yet to tell the Australian government if it cheated pollution tests for cars sold locally. "The department is seeking urgent clarification ...

The PM is no ordinary taxpayer, which is why clarification is neeed
Two of the funds in which Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has some of his million-dollar investments are incorporated in the Cayman Islands. ...

Bishop letter gives 'no clarification'
Indonesia says a letter from Julie Bishop has given them no clarification on payments to people smugglers.

Twitter CEO clarification makes Jack Dorsey an unlikely candidate
It seems obvious, but Twitter's board of directors isn't interested in chief executive candidates who can't give 100 per cent to the San Francisco ...

Queensland nudist beaches rules need clarification: Magistrate
A leading Queensland criminal lawyer has called for a debate on the legalisation of designated nudist beaches after a Sunshine Coast magistrate ...

Former ASADA boss Richard Ings wants clarification on Essendon investigation progress
Former anti-doping chief Richard Ings says ASADA needs to clarify its investigation into Essendon's supplements program.