Web Service & Error Calling Method of a PBNI Object

Please help...

I try to consume MS MapPoint web service. Unfortunately without luck :(

The following code generates PB Application Execution Error (R0000):
Error Calling Method of a PBNI Object.

//---
soapconnection conn
routewebservicesoap proxy_obj
long ll_ret, ll_log
conn = create soapconnection

// Create proxy object
ll_ret = conn.createinstance(proxy_obj, "routewebservicesoap")

s1__findaddressspecification specification
s1__findresults findresults
s1__address address

address.addressline = sle_addressline.text
address.postalcode = sle_postalcode.text
address.primarycity = sle_primarycity.text

specification.datasourcename = "MapPoint.NA"
specification.inputaddress = address

try
      findresults = proxy_obj.findaddress(specification, "")
catch ( SoapException ex )
      messagebox ("Error", "Cannot invoke Web service~n")
end try

destroy conn
//---

ll_ret = 0

Inside wsdl file I have the following definition:

<s:simpleType name="RouteResultMask">
       <s:list>
               <s:simpleType>
                       <s:restriction base="s:string">
                               <s:enumeration value="Itinerary" />
                               <s:enumeration
value="CalculatedRouteRepresentation" />
                       </s:restriction>
               </s:simpleType>
       </s:list>
</s:simpleType>

How to represent this inside PB? PB web proxy wizard do not recognize
this.
From MS VS I get the following definition:

public enum RouteResultMask {
       Itinerary = 1,
       CalculatedRouteRepresentation = 2,
}

As far as I know PB do not support user's enum types, right.

Maybe any of you has working PB9 example that consumes MS MapPoint web
service, and could share it.

I use PB 9.0.3 Build 8784 (I used to use 9.0.2 Build 7445 but this build
did not want to read a wsdl file).

--
Thanks in advance

Damian

0
Damien
12/7/2006 7:34:48 PM
sybase.webservices 823 articles. 0 followers. Follow

My hunch it that this may not work in PB9.  Chance (search the NGs
about 6-9 months ago) got a nice example working with PB 10.5 and I
believe did a MSDN article on it.

You can download and eval copy of 10.5 from the Sybase site and
perhaps try that as well.  PB 9 is EOL tomorrow by the way <G>.

On 7 Dec 2006 12:34:48 -0700, "Damien" <askme@dot.net> wrote:

>Please help...
>
>I try to consume MS MapPoint web service. Unfortunately without luck :(
>
>The following code generates PB Application Execution Error (R0000):
>Error Calling Method of a PBNI Object.
>
>//---
>soapconnection conn
>routewebservicesoap proxy_obj
>long ll_ret, ll_log
>conn = create soapconnection
>
>// Create proxy object
>ll_ret = conn.createinstance(proxy_obj, "routewebservicesoap")
>
>s1__findaddressspecification specification
>s1__findresults findresults
>s1__address address
>
>address.addressline = sle_addressline.text
>address.postalcode = sle_postalcode.text
>address.primarycity = sle_primarycity.text
>
>specification.datasourcename = "MapPoint.NA"
>specification.inputaddress = address
>
>try
>      findresults = proxy_obj.findaddress(specification, "")
>catch ( SoapException ex )
>      messagebox ("Error", "Cannot invoke Web service~n")
>end try
>
>destroy conn
>//---
>

>ll_ret = 0
>

>Inside wsdl file I have the following definition:
>
><s:simpleType name="RouteResultMask">
>       <s:list>
>               <s:simpleType>
>                       <s:restriction base="s:string">
>                               <s:enumeration value="Itinerary" />
>                               <s:enumeration
>value="CalculatedRouteRepresentation" />
>                       </s:restriction>
>               </s:simpleType>
>       </s:list>
></s:simpleType>
>
>How to represent this inside PB? PB web proxy wizard do not recognize
>this.
>From MS VS I get the following definition:
>
>public enum RouteResultMask {
>       Itinerary = 1,
>       CalculatedRouteRepresentation = 2,
>}
>
>As far as I know PB do not support user's enum types, right.
>
>Maybe any of you has working PB9 example that consumes MS MapPoint web
>service, and could share it.
>
>I use PB 9.0.3 Build 8784 (I used to use 9.0.2 Build 7445 but this build
>did not want to read a wsdl file).
0
Jim

Web service name resolving error when attempting to call a web method
I have a website that calls an interal login web method at webservice.mycompany.local/login.asmx Every once in a while I get the following error: System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'webservice.mycompany.local' Sometimes just trying the call over and over again will not work and I have to wait about 10 minutes for the name to be resolved, or if I go to the server and do an "ipconfig /flushdns" it usually fixes this issue. ...

failed to call web service from java script function,error [object Object]
hi,i have java function which calls n recieve an array from webservice,everything is working in visual studio,but once i save my web pages on server n try to access it via web browser it fails to call webservice,n goes to onError function n gives this alert  "[object Object]", do i need to install anything on server rather than ajax? // WebServiceMultipleCallers.js var map; function load() {if (GBrowserIsCompatible()) {   map = new GMap2(document.getElementById("map")); map.addControl(new GMapTypeControl); map.addControl(new GLargeMapControl); map.setCenter(new GLatLng(10...

How i create web services & call web services?
Give me the solution of how i create webservices & call it and what is purpose of web services ?? PlsGuree  >how i create webservicesVery much the same as creating a new web site site - it is just a different project type. > & call it andAdd a web reference to an existing project to consume the web service.>what is purpose of web services ??To send and receive data.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped. &...

PB 11.5.1 (4011)
Hello Everyone, I am getting a strange error when calling a C# Web Service in PB 11.5.1 (4011). System.OutOfMemoryException When my application starts, I do the following: application global variable n_uploaded_files gnv_uploaded_files open event of application gnv_uploaded_files = CREATE n_uploaded_files n_uploaded_files instance variable s2010_upload_web_service iproxy_webservice SoapConnection iSOAP_connection constructor event of n_uploaded_files isoap_connection = CREATE SoapConnection of_instantiateservice(iproxy_webservice, "s201...

Error calling method of a PBNI object
I've tried almost all PBNI CodeXchange examples and I'm still getting "Error calling method of a PBNI object" message. It appears when I click on the visual object. E.g. in Oscilloscope application everything works fine until I click the oscilloscope screen area. I've tried just unzipping, opening the pbw and run. Then I've tried to rebuild pbx, pbx2pbd90.exe to get pbd and rebuild workspace but the result is still the same. I'm using PB 9.0.1.6533 and Visual Studio .NET 2003 7.1.3088. Regarding to an answer from Clive Collie in the newsgroup before ...

Error calling method of a PBNI object
Hi, Run my deployed application I get this error (PBXRuntimeError) : "PBNI exeption: Error calling method of a PBNI object" this is the code: //declaration used to get data from xml code PBDOM_BUILDER pbdom_builder_new PBDOM_DOCUMENT pbdom_doc PBDOM_OBJECT pbdom_obj_array_root[] PBDOM_OBJECT pbdom_obj_array_data[] int i TRY //parsing if parsing != succed return error long ret ret= XMLParseString(xml_code) if ret<>0 then return ret //string XMLTravco -> PBDOM_DOCUMENT pbdom_doc pbdom_builder_new = Create PBDOM_Builder pbdom_doc ...

Error calling method of PBNI object
Hi, I'm using PB 9.0.2 and using PBDOM to parse an XML file. Everything works fine in development environment. When I deploy the app and run the app, I get the error message "Error calling method of PBNI object" when PBDOM_Builder's BuildFromString() function is being called. I have included pbddom90.dll, PBXerces90.dll and xerces-c_1_5_1.dll and still get the same error message. Would anyone help me figure that out? Thanks Junaid Junaid wrote: > Hi, > I'm using PB 9.0.2 and using PBDOM to parse an XML file. Everything > works fine in d...

Error Calling Method of a PBNI Object
I get the subject error when trying to call setoptions after creating the soapconnection. PB 10, build 4510, windows 2000 Any help appreciated Jim I figured it out. I had to rename all the related dll's in the winnt/system32 directory, then I copied all of those dll's to the local work directory, then I added current directory to the system path, then restarted powerbuilder. I've seen several other people with similar problems, Sybase really needs to clean up and simplify the dll's and deployment. Thanks, Jim > I get the subject error when tryin...

asynchronous call of web service method from another web service
I am calling a web service method from within another web service.  Both are called asyncrhonously. Webservice 1 is invokde from a consumer app and its completed event is assigned an event handler, this works ok  The webservice being called is itself invoking another webservice and asynchronously calling another web method, again Ive assigned an event handler to its completed event, which works.  My problem is how do i expose the ouput (a dataset) of the second web method to the first web method ? Hi, Please have a look at this article: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/li...

REST Web Service : How to call a web service method by REST way ?
Hi buddy,Can anyone tell me that how do i call a method through a web service by a REST way.I have one local application (with C#.NET, ASP.NET 2.0, SQL Server 2005) and I want to call a Web Service method which is created on a remote machine. I have to call that method from my web application by using a REST (Representational State Transfer) way. I have a WSDL file.Please provide me technical details to make this happen.I want exact code to achieve this.Please please its urgent....Thanks in advance.Thanks,Mitesh.Please Mark this as an Answer if it resolves your problem. Which Version of .n...

Error Calling Method of a PBNI Object #3
We are using Soap/XML in PB 10.5.2 and getting this message. We get it using one DB and not another. Does anyone know what this message means and what we might be missing? Please help ASAP if possible! ...

Error calling method of a PBNI object #2
Please help me! (Sorry, my english is bad) ;-) My problem is, when I start my application in the runtime I recieved the error: "Error calling method of a PBNI object" When I start my application from the powerbuilder then it works! Please help me... Thank you! ******************************** TRY is_haus_id = proxy.InsertUpdateHaus(is_mandant, is_haus) CATCH (runtimeerror er_haus) fw_killnull(is_haus_Id) fw_killnull(is_haus) fw_log("FEHLER in fw_x_insertupdatehaus: " + er_haus.getMessage()) fw_log("--> Mandant: " + is_mand...

System error
I run a depolyed application and tried to build a xml file from a string of data. I got an error Error text = Error calling method of a PBNI object. Error Object/Control = pbdom_builder. script = build fromstring. I run it in powerbuilder environment is fine. Please help PAtrick Did you deploy the runtime components that the PBDOM90.PBD is dependant on: http://sybooks.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-pb/pbg0900e/apptech/@Generic__BookTextView/49477;pt=49477#X On 4 Nov 2004 14:40:13 -0800, "Patrick Lee" <patrick.lee@companionGroup.com> wrote: >I run...

404 error when calling method in web service
I have a web service that im trying to setup on its own website lets say www.webservice.com/test.asmx.  I have the webservice setup to allow javascript calls. When the javascript runs I get a popup message with html markup for a 404 error page.  It looks like the script manager is messing up the link, because the 404 error has the request url as being "/test.asmx/gInfo".  This code and everything works if the webservice is in the same website as the page that is calling it and the scriptmanagers path is "test.asmx" instead of the full url. Any ideas on wh...

Web resources about - Web Service & Error Calling Method of a PBNI Object - sybase.webservices

United States Department of Health and Human Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The United States Department of Health and Human Services ( HHS ) is a Cabinet department of the United States government with the goal of protecting ...

SA Ambulance Service roster extra crews for expected spike in demand in extreme New Year’s Eve heat ...
EXTRA ambulance crews have been rostered to handle the expected spike in demand as revellers ring in the New Year in extreme heat tonight.

Sidecar to Close Ridesharing, Delivery Service on Dec. 31
Ridesharing and delivery service Sidecar will close on December 31, according to a blog post from Sidecar co-founder and CEO Sunil Paul . Sidecar ...

Chicago PMI Crashes, New Orders and Order Backlogs Plunge to May 2009 Level; Service Economy Headed for ...
... around 50 as Bloomberg suggests. The three jumps above 50 are counter-trend in a series that has been weakening for about a year. Service Economy ...

4 Secret Service agents injured in fatal New Hampshire car crash
CNN 4 Secret Service agents injured in fatal New Hampshire car crash CNN (CNN) Four Secret Service agents were injured Tuesday night in New ...

Secret Service Missed ‘Lessons Learned’ Review After 2011 Shooting
Officials failed to conduct an after-action review of how they missed a bullet that struck the White House for four days.

Cyber-Attack Said To Down BBC Websites, iPlayer Streaming Service
Folks trying to access the BBC ’s websites or catch up on the latest episode of EastEnders on the iPlayer platform this morning were met with ...

Acme to Close for a Complete Menu Revamp After Service on New Year's Eve
Acme is turning into a "contemporary bistro." The restaurant that helped introduce New Nordic cuisine to Manhattan, Acme, is taking an extended ...

Facebook's free internet service shut down in Egypt
Last week, regulators in India clamped down on Facebook's Free Basics in the country, and now Egypt is doing the same. The Associated Press reports ...

Sidecar Shutters Its Delivery And Ride-Hailing Service
Sidecar ends its mobile delivery and ride-hailing service after a four-year fight. Ride-hailing startup Sidecar has long been overshadowed by ...