PowerBuilder 11.5 - Error Generating the XML Document

I have an application that I am creating that accesses a web service
designed by our customer and retrieves inventory/product/order
information.  I am getting the error "There was an error generating
the XML document" on one of the calls to the web service.

The process is that I call the function GetPickTickets and with a
string argument that contains the store code. This returns an array
of
any open orders for that particular store.  This works fine.  After
that I call another function UpdatePickTicket which acknowledges that
we recieved the order information for a specific order.  When I a
make
that call I get the error "There was an error generating the XML
document".

Here is the code from my PowerBuilder 11.5 app.

long ll_status = 1
dt_inventorytrackingservice lws_inventorytracking
dt_pickticketupdatetype lws_pickticketupdate
dt_storeformidtype lws_pickticketid

rc = c.CreateInstance(lws_inventorytracking,
"dt_inventorytrackingservice")
               CHOOSE CASE rc
                CASE 100
                        sMsg = "Invalid proxy name - " +
"inventorytrackingservice"
                CASE 101
                        sMsg = "Failed to create proxy"
                CASE 0
                        sMsg = ""
                CASE ELSE
                        sMsg = "Unknown error (" + String(rc) + ")"
        END CHOOSE
        if rc <> 0 then   MessageBox("Invocation Error", sMsg,
Exclamation!)

lws_pickticketupdate = create dt_pickticketupdatetype
lws_pickticketupdate.pickticketid = create dt_storeformidtype

lws_pickticketupdate.status = ll_status
lws_pickticketupdate.pickticketid.storecode = "WDMO01"
lws_pickticketupdate.pickticketid.formdate = '20060626'
lws_pickticketupdate.pickticketid.formnumber = '5161939'
lws_InventoryTracking.UpdatePickTicket(lws_pickticketupdate)

I know this is somewhat general information, but I'm just wondering
if
anyone has run into this error before and if anyone knows any
possible
solutions or what may be causing the error.  Any help is greatly
appreciated.

0
JimmyZ
7/27/2009 1:18:17 PM
sybase.webservices 823 articles. 0 followers. Follow

PowerBuilder 9, 11.5
our configuration: EAServer 5.5 PowerBuilder 9, 11.5 Windows XP, 2003 what we do: generate PDF documents using the distill method (Sybase Postscript Printer Driver, Ghostscript) with PowerBuilder in EAServer using datastore.SaveAs(ls_fileName, PDF!, TRUE). This works fine, no problem there. what is it about: the generated PDF document seems to be somewhat 'protected' - what I mean is: if I open the PDF document, select some text therein and copy this text to a notepad document then the resulting text is non readable anybody has an idea why ? anybody knows...

Powerbuilder 11.5 Build 3127 (EBF 16640) is missing webservices generation files
We have call to webservices but when installing the new EBF 16640 all call to webservices don't work anymore. When try to open the webservice proxy project gives a error of missing the file pbwpg115.DLL, checking this on powerbuilder installation directory we discover that this file is not in the directory, checking files before applying the EBF the file pbwpg115.DLL is in the directory, but when install the EBF this file dissapear. Please we need support for Windows 2000 that this EBF gives but if webservices is not function then we can use this EBF ...

Powerbuilder 11.5 Build 3127 (EBF 16640) is missing webservices generation files
We have call to webservices but when installing the new EBF 16640 all call to webservices don't work anymore. When try to open the webservice proxy project gives a error of missing the file pbwpg115.DLL, checking this on powerbuilder installation directory we discover that this file is not in the directory, checking files before applying the EBF the file pbwpg115.DLL is in the directory, but when install the EBF this file dissapear. Please we need support for Windows 2000 that this EBF gives but if webservices is not function then we can use this EBF Hi Christian; I have a...

powerbuilder 10.2 or 11.5, webservice client and cookie
We use powerbuilder to build a web service client. I got it working for 8 webservices (easysoap and .Net). For 1 it failed. I asked more information and they told me: In Authentication we set a cookie. In it is the encrypted session id. In the next functions we retrieve the cookie, decrypt it and compare it with the session id. Is this supported in powerbuilder 10.2 or 11.5 and should we do something special? Thanks Eric I will repost it in the webservice newsgroup. I am having more problems with the .net webservices. Thanks Eric ontsnapt wrote: > We use power...

using c# generated dll inside powerbuilder 11.5
HI there BAckground> I building my dll inside c# in VS2010 using .net 2.0. I would like to use this simple dll which gets Outlook data from the clipboard and generates a file inside my powerbuilder application. So nothing too fancy. Please help. I have seen some examples of how this should work, but having followed a lot of them i still can not get this to do the job. Basically I created a simple c# class and I have the dll. IN the options I set cominterop and under the namespace in the class I entered > [ComVisible(true)] [ClassInterface(ClassInterfaceTy...

Powerbuilder 11.1 using WebServices .net 3.5 Framework
Hi All, I've created a "Hello World" web service using Visual Studio 2008 with 3.5 .net Framework, tested the web service and it works fine. Deployed the web service to a IIS 5.0 Web server on Windows XP Pro; now I'm trying to generate the WebService proxy in PB 11.1. I've set the WSDL engine to ".Net", point to the IIS server for the ".asmx" file for the WSDL location. When I try to deploy the project, I keep getting the following error. "Cannot access the WSDL or the WSDL file is invalid. (file://bla bla bla) Is PB compatiable wi...

Powerbuilder 11.5/EAServer5.5 ConnectToServer
OK, I don't have to configure development stations every day in fact the last time was 4+ years ago. I know this is simple but it's not coming to me at the moment. I've installed Powerbuilder 11.5. I've installed EAServer 5.5. I can connect to my server through EAServer manager. I can deploy objects from PB into EAServer. When I run my application, I'm getting a connecttoserver error 57, not connected to the server. application = 'PACKAGE01' /* Package on EAServer connectstring = '' location = 'laptop:9000' /* EAserver locat...

Upgrade from powerbuilder 10.5 to 11.5
Hi, were are investigating the process of upgrading powerbuilder 105 to powerbuilder 11.5. are there any steps to watch out for. my initial plan is to backup the current source. Copy the source to a temp location. Perform an upgrade of PB10.5 to 11.5 and 'upgrade' the source. Does this sound about right at all? Many Thanks Anish, although I'm not a [TeamSybase] member, we have converted over 25 applications (most very large) from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 without any problems (no additional steps or changes to objects or code was required, for us at least). The only cav...

Document how to upgrade 11.5 to 12.5
We are heading to upgrade our environment from Sybase 11.5 to 12.5 but no clue how to do it could someone lead me or show me how to upgrade. I well written document for dummies will be appreciated. Don wrote... > We are heading to upgrade our environment from Sybase 11.5 to 12.5 but no > clue how to do it could someone lead me or show me how to upgrade. I well > written document for dummies will be appreciated. > One good place to start is the 12.5 Migration Guide: http://manuals.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-as/asg1250e/mig_gde/@Generic__BookView If you are stil...

SQLAnywhere 11 : generate documentation does not document tables ?
I only get views, triggers, events and procedure&functions. What am I doing wrong ? I thought the tables would be tgere also Thanks Philip Hi Philip, The documentation generator currently handles objects that contain SQL (views, procedures, functions, triggers and events). It does not generate information for tables, though this is something we will consider for a future release. If you have any other thoughts or suggestions for the documentation generator, we'd love to hear them! -- Chris Irie iAnywhere Solutions "ps" <ps@.> wrote in messa...

OpenSuSE 11.4 -> 11.5 with myaql upgrade from 5.1 to 5.5
Hi! I have upgraded my OpenSuSE-11.4 to 12.1 which includes an upgrade of my mysql from 5.1 to 5.5 and I have made a big mistake and not made an mysqldump of my database. Unfortunately now my mysql isn't starting and I get the message: 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: The InnoDB memory heap is disabled 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: Mutexes and rw_locks use GCC atomic builtins 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: Compressed tables use zlib 1.2.5 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: Initializing buffer pool, size = 128.0M 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: Completed initialization of buffer pool 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: highe...

SQL Anywhere 11 and PowerBuilder 11.5.1
Hello, since we use SQL Anywhere 11 DB we have problems with our PB datawindows. We often use computed columns like '' TESTCol. Before SQL Anywhere 11 in the edit source of the datawindow the column was declared as char(0). But since version 11 the columns were declared as char(1)! PowerBuilder allows only one character when the column is only char(1). When the column is declared as char(0) you can write unlimited characters. Can anyone explain why? And how can we change that back to char(0) by default? Thanks. ...

PowerBuilder 11.5.1 and SQL Anywhere 11
Hello, since we use SQL Anywhere 11 DB we have problems with our PB datawindows. We often use computed columns like '' TESTCol. Before SQL Anywhere 11 in the edit source of the datawindow the column was declared as char(0). But since version 11 the columns were declared as char(1)! PowerBuilder allows only one character when the column is only char(1). When the column is declared as char(0) you can write unlimited characters. Can anyone explain why? And how can we change that back to char(0) by default? Thanks. Ignore the dataset definition. I suspect your problem ...

Dynamic XML generation. HTML formated text in an XML document?
Hi, i want to generate an XML file with ASP.NET and then attach an XSL file to it to shape it.. i only have one problem though.. HTML formated text isn't really XSL's friend.. In the database i ahve some text with for instance a Bold tag around it, when i take it out of the database, shove it in the XML file and have the XSL process the text, it makes the < into &lt; ... this is ofcourse not the meaning of having HTML tags in the tags. the bold tag should remain a tag.. and it doesnt remain a tag. how can i fix this? what can i do in my XSL to make sure it doesnt edit any ch...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder 11.5 - Error Generating the XML Document - sybase.webservices

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles