no service in WSDL file " in Web Service Proxy Wizard

Hi Group!
While trying to deploy a project generated using 'Web Service Proxy Wizard', I'm
getting following error "no service in WSDL file". Web service was created using
Visual Studio .Net 2003, and I am able to run it as it is or ASP.Net client
without any problem.

Another Question How can I consume 2 functions en the web services

1. Send me a DataSet as a Result
2. Give me a String (XML) as a Result

I hope you can Help me.

Send me a Email
Paul
9/26/2006 6:07:10 PM
sybase.webservices 823 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can't send and receive datasets via PB.  Datasets are proprietary
objects and while they may work well within MS tools, they prevent
usage from other environments like Java or PB.  Sending and retrieving
strings should not be an issue.

What version of PB are you using.  You may have more luck using the
10.5 Net version of the web service client versus the older and less
capable EasySoap solution which is in PB9 and 10.

On 26 Sep 2006 11:07:10 -0700, "Paul Isla" <isla_paul@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Hi Group!
>While trying to deploy a project generated using 'Web Service Proxy Wizard', I'm
>getting following error "no service in WSDL file". Web service was created using
>Visual Studio .Net 2003, and I am able to run it as it is or ASP.Net client
>without any problem.
>
>Another Question How can I consume 2 functions en the web services
>
>1. Send me a DataSet as a Result
>2. Give me a String (XML) as a Result
>
>I hope you can Help me.
>
>Send me a Email
>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
0
Jim

"no service in WSDL file " in Web Service Proxy Wizard
I'm trying to follow the "EAServer Web Service Using PowerBuilder Component and Client" tutorial but when I get to the Select Service window(after just having entered the WSDL file name in the previous window) I get "There is no service in the WSDL file." and the Services list is empty. I found an earlier post where this problem seemed to be resolved by combining the 2 WSDL files(pb_hello.wsdl and pb_helloImpl.wsdl) into one file, but this has not worked for me. Has anyone else had this problem? ...

New to web services, why does PB10 web service proxy wizard say there are no services?
here... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl oops typo... still doesn't show any services though... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2005-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl "Chance" <chance@booklog.com> wrote in message news:43b44cb3$1@forums-1-dub... > here... > > http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl > Upgraded to 10.2x and now seems to be working...at least it created the proxy. "Chance" <chance@booklog.co...

adding web reference, remote web service. "unable to download service.asmx?wsdl"
Hello having a problem with this web service. VS [2005]  The message we get when we try and add the web reference is "unable download following files http://10.0.1.7/codered/service.asmx?wsdl". Which is using the internal ip address of the web server. We have check the IIS where the web service has been published to. But could not see why it is using the internal ip and not the external ip address. The actual url is http://83.100.199.125/codered/service.asmx Here is the service description sample, maybe someone can check this, as this has the internal ip address at the bottom. ...

How do I figure out what 'WSDL File is Invalid?' means in PB 10.5 Web Service Proxy Wizard?
I am using PB 10.5 to try to create a web service proxy but when I enter the wsdl name, which is a local file, it says 'The WSDL file is invalid'. I have clicked on 'Use .Net Engine' on the previous screen. If I don't click on this, it says that 'AnyType' is not supported. If I then replace AnyType in the wsdl file with string, it will create the proxy if I DON'T click on 'Use .Net Engine'. I also tried turning on the tracing functionality in the profile tab of system options. I chose Object Creation/Destruction to see if I could figure out...

Please compare "web service" and "remote services"
Somebody, please tell me the different beetween "web services" and "remote services". So, "web services" and "remote services" which one is better? Please tell me This might provide some insight. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/dotnetremotearch.asp The really question at hand is what kind of project? Frank ...

Web service proxy wsdl files
Currently I am using ColdFusion MX to create the webservices. The URL to the wsdl file goes something like this: http://localhost/xxx.cfc?wsdl I put the URL in for the location of the wsdl file and it works fine. Now the question I have is: Is there anyway to change the location or name of the wsdl file without creating a new project and generating the proxy object? I want to be able to go from development web server to production without having to create a completely new set of projects and objects. Thanks a bunch! Jim Have you tried exporting the proxy object and ma...

Web Service Strange Error "Service Description altering attributes cannot be specified on service implementation. "
G'day folks;I built a web service based on a given XLM request message and XML response message following the guidelines provided by Yasser Shohoud in his article "Place XML Message Design Ahead of Schema Planning to Improve Web Service Interoperability"  I used given response and request documents provided by a user manual for an Air Force web service that returns weather imagery.  The web service built correctly.  There was some confusion at first because Yasser used C# and I used vbNet.  The wsdl.exe created a stub file with an interface called IWeatherSe...

Call "Web Service" from "Windows Service" in ASP.NET3.5 using VB.NET
Hello all developers, I'm creating a ew website using Viasual Studio 2008(coding in VB.NET) and Sql Server 2005  for my Client which he asked me to build automated Email alerts or reminder for hs Users...,really I'm getting crazy now as I for 7 days a week try to build that "Windows Service" to call my "Web Service" to run sending regular Email to website users in a regular time. for last week days I read many articles,now I decided to create a "Windows Service " to call the "Web Service" from my Web application,not it not...

Noob ASP.NET/Web Services question (PLEASE CANCEL this post. I moved it to the "XML Web Services" forum.)
I'm connecting a ASP.NET project to a web service.  The web service was accessed on port 83, but when I added the web reference, it couldn't query the service and discover its interface. I switched the web service over to port 80 and it worked perfectly.  Do you know what's going on?  Has anyone experienced the same issue? ...

Programatically build Web Service proxies independent of the "Web Reference" in VS.Net?
Can anyone detail for me how to build a proxy for a webservice from its .wsdl without using a "web reference"? Or point me to a hotw-to somewhere? I assume there is an API for this in the Framework, I just cannot find it... Thanks.Thanks,B You have to use WSDL.eXE you can see info on it @ http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cptools/html/cpgrfWebServicesDescriptionLanguageToolWsdlexe.asp Hope it helps!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti For complete programmatic use of dynamic Web services by simply feedi...

cannot create proxy using the web services proxy wizard
I am trying to access a PB component deployed to EAS via web services. I've created the wsdl document and I am able to call this web service from a ..Net client (I've created the proxy classes using to microsoft wsdl), so the web service is working fine. The problems is that when I try to create the proxy in PB the web service proxy wizard say that it is "Unable to process document referenced in "import" element." I've tryed with both wstest.wsdl and wstestImpl.wsdl, I am not sure about what is the right document to use. I've added pbsoapclient90.p...

Web service proxy wizard will not create proxy
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub49ccf1c9 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit It says that there is no service in the WSDL file. I have the wsdl attached. I am using the EasySoap and not the .NET assemblies. This is on PB 10.5.1. Thanks much, Jim ---=_forums-1-dub49ccf1c9 Content-Type: text/xml; name="AssemblerService.xml" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="AssemblerService.xml" PD94bWwgdmVyc2lvbj0iMS4wIiBlbmNvZGluZz0iVVRGLT...

simple web service query
Hi all, Im following the 'Using the WebService Behaviour' document from the msdn Library and am getting the message 'service unavailable' when running my page. Is there something I'm missing? thanks, Pete mWeb Design Nottingham, UK...

Web resources about - no service in WSDL file " in Web Service Proxy Wizard - sybase.webservices

Public Broadcasting Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... such as PBS NewsHour , Masterpiece , and Frontline . Since the mid-2000s, Roper polls commissioned by PBS have consistently placed the service ...

Public service cops MYEFO capital punishment
More public service cuts and less funding for cultural institutions is on the economic agenda.

Yelp Drops 7%: Roth Says Sell on Facebook Services Listings
... of local listings and reviews site Yelp ( YELP ) are down $2.19, over 7%, or $27.39, after Facebook ( FB ) went live with professional services ...

Amazon Web Services is backing Elon Musk's $1B AI research non-profit
... research company Friday called OpenAI. OpenAI will be co-chaired by Musk and Y Combinator President Sam Altman and backed by Amazon Web Services ...

How Comcast is trying to fix its reputation of poor customer service
... spoke at Business Insider's 2015 IGNITION conference . We chatted with him about Comcast's perceived reputation for terrible customer service ...

Disney Fans Get a Dating Service for Finding Their Own Happily Ever After
There’s a (dating) app for everything. Specialized dating apps and matchmaking services have been blowing up with everyone getting a little tired ...

Facebook Taking On Yelp, Angie’s List To Provide Users With Highly-Rated Professional Services
Finding a reliable service provider can be a test of patience for some consumers, despite sites like Angie’s List and Yelp that aim to connect ...

Cisco Promises Saas Push, Debuts Spark Service
Cisco Promises Saas Push, Debuts Spark Service CRN Cisco Senior Vice President Nick Earle promised a “very different” company than the one ...

Public cloud services in the Middle East and North Africa to reach US$880 million in 2016, says Gartner ...
The public cloud services market in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region is projected to grow to 19.3% in 2016 to total US$880 million, ...

Comcast CEO Blames Everyone But Himself For ISP's Awful Service -
... one, mass hallucination. Speaking at a conference last week, the Comcast CEO had a new excuse for the cable company's poor customer service ...