Newsgroup Consoldation

Everyone,

On on August 1, 2010, this newsgroup (along with a number of other
PowerBuilder newsgroups) will be set to read-only and archived.  The
group names will remain the same for reference, but no new posts will be
allowed to this group.  This is part of an ongoing effort by Sybase to
keep our newsgroups fresh and make sure all questions are answered.

Please submit all question on general topics to the
sybase.public.powerbuilder.general newsgroup.  Futures questions should
be directed to sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion.  Any .NET
questions should be posted to sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.

The archived newsgroups will be:

sybase.public.chinese.powerbuilder.general
sybase.public.powerbuilder.appserver_plugin
sybase.public.powerbuilder.connectivity
sybase.public.powerbuilder.database
sybase.public.powerbuilder.distributed
sybase.public.powerbuilder.ejbclient
sybase.public.powerbuilder.french.general
sybase.public.powerbuilder.inet-dev-toolkit
sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.assembly
sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.webform
sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.webservice
sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.winform
sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
sybase.public.powerbuilder.ole-ocx-activex
sybase.public.powerbuilder.pbni
sybase.public.powerbuilder.powerscript
sybase.public.powerbuilder.rte
sybase.public.powerbuilder.source_control
sybase.public.powerbuilder.spanish.general
sybase.public.powerbuilder.web-pb
sybase.public.powerbuilder.webservices
sybase.public.powerbuilder.web-targets
sybase.public.powerbuilder.xml

--
Jonathan Baker
Director, Sybase Developers Network (SDN)

http://www.sybase.com/developer
bakerj@sybase.com
0
Jonathan
7/27/2010 2:51:11 PM
sybase.webservices 823 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Web Service Problem
I have created an NVO and deployed as a web service using PB 11.5. The object tries to access a database and return a string. When I try to test this from the project painter I get the following error: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E) ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E) at Sybase.PowerBuilder.PBSessionBase..ctor(String liblist) at Sybase.PowerBuilder.Web.PBSession..ctor(String liblist) at Sybase.PowerB...

to use a webservice or not to use a webservice?
hi folks, i have a web-based application that connects to a server for processing and then gets back the data from the server asynchonously to display to the user--specifically, the user identifies a product by answering coupla questions and then the program connects to a CAD server to generate models of the product to display to the user. creating the CAD files typically takes little over a minute or so...but i would like to know whether its a good idea to use a web-service to connect to the CAD server and then do the processing or whether remoting is a better way to do this. ...

newsgroup
where are the alt. listings shit head wrote: > where are the alt. listings they're not on this server. Go try another one -- Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. And only click on the Reply button, not the Reply All or Reply to Author. Thanks! Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon: http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm ...

newsgroup
forums.sybase.com sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general ...

Newsgroup
Anyway to use Groupwise as an internal newsgroup type function vs. a listserver function? I would suspect a limited listserver setup could be done if automatic subscribe/unsubscribe was not an issue. Ken ******* Kenneth J. Goncalves, CNE5 Information Systems Manager EASTCONN Regional Educational Service Center Information Technology Department 376 Hartford Turnpike Hampton, CT 06247 http://www.eastconn.org >>> Ken Goncalves<kjgoncalves_no@spam.eastconn.org> 4/10/2003 7:03:21 PM >>> >Anyway to use Groupwise as an internal newsgroup ...

newsgroup
Hi folks Would anyone know of a news group that microsoft would have to post questions to about problems or concerns with win98Se and other software. Thanks Ed "Ed" <Me@anywhere.com> wrote in message news:a0nhbi$j9n$1@news.grc.com... msnews.microsoft.com Download a list of groups and then subscribe to what you want. 'Seek and ye shall find' NT Canuck Ed, The news server is msnews.microsoft.co...

Newsgroup
I'm new to the Internet news reader (usually use Compuserve forums). It looks like there is a lot of great information here but I can't seem to find a 'search' option. Typically, I have questions on a specific topic. How do I search through all the messages to find only those that match? I appreciate the help, Sean Walsh ices@compuserve.com Use www.dejanews.com to search comp.soft-sys.powerbuilder, Powersoft's you can't so far.... >> Powersoft's you can't so far.... << So untrue...<g> DejaNews does archive these forums...

newsgroup
Name: John Windhorst Email: johnwfa_at_mn.rr.com Product: SeaMonkey Summary: newsgroup Comments: Yesterday I recived a reply here suggesting I go to the mozilla.support.seamonkey newsgroup. I cannot find such a newsgroup - neither with FreeAgent nor with SeaMonkey. What newsgroup is best for SeaMonkey? For a long time I have had the newsgroup: netscape.public.mozilla.mail-news That's where someone told be about SeaMonkey. -- JohnW-Mpls Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.8.0.5) Gecko/20060721 SeaMonkey/1.0.3 ...

Newsgroup
I notice that when using my news server with mozilla (news.optonline.net) I am only able to see postings from today and the previous day. I cannot access see nor access any messages prior to the previous day. Cannot find a setting that is causing this. Any ideas what may be causing this and/or how to fix it? ~~~AAA~~~ wrote: > I notice that when using my news server with mozilla > (news.optonline.net) I am only able to see postings from today and the > previous day. I cannot access see nor access any messages prior to the > previous day. Cannot find a setting ...

newsgroup
I have subscribed to Btinternet newsgroup on thunderbird and for the last 10 days worked fine. It now asks every 10 mins of so for the user name and password and no matter how many times I enter them (and tick the check box so they are remembered) it stil asks. It gets really annoying. The system is running on vista. Any ideas would be greatfully received Phill Phill Hudson wrote: > I have subscribed to Btinternet newsgroup on thunderbird and for the > last 10 days worked fine. It now asks every 10 mins of so for the user > name and password and no matter how many ti...

C# webservices Vs Java WebServices
Hi, I have a group project in my School. And my team leader thinks that we should make the client in C# and Webservice in java. I am on the other hand in favour of C# webservices. Is there any advantages of making one webservice over the other. I think he is worried that C# webservices will be hard to consume by the java client and needs a lot of work. what do u guys think ?? Give me good reasons why should I choose C# webservices instead of java webservices or vice versa.HighOnCodingWanna get high! they both use the same interchange standard, so it doesn't really matter...

Highlighting current Newsgroup in Newsgroup Pane
TBird 1.5.0.9 - I seem to remember that there is either an edit or an extension that will allow TBird to properly highlight the currently selected newsgroup title in the Newsgroup pane as opposed to the current behaviour which makes it very difficult to see which group you are in? Gordon wrote: > TBird 1.5.0.9 - I seem to remember that there is either an edit or an > extension that will allow TBird to properly highlight the currently > selected newsgroup title in the Newsgroup pane as opposed to the > current behaviour which makes it very difficult to see which group...

Calling a webservice from inside another webservice
I have a an Ajax enabled web service that needs to call a remote (on another domain) web service. So I setup the ajax service to call a local .asmx which then uses a "Web Reference" to the remote asmx. It calls the function in the remote asmx and executes just fine. The problem... 1.) First, am I doing this correctly? 2.) Reporting back is not working. Here's what I'm doing inside the locally called service: Dim ws As New WebReference.AjaxEnabledWebService Dim returnstatus as string="" ws.FunctionName(ParameterSendin1, ParameterSend...

Seamonkey development newsgroup; support newsgroup
Are there/ will there be different ng for Seamonkey support/development ? -- Bill Drescher william {at} TechServSys {dot} com bill wrote: > Are there/ will there be different ng for Seamonkey support/development ? When the new servers are up and running -- YES! Andy -- to contact me, remove the NO-TINNED-MEAT Back by Popular demand: Fun with Telemarketers [Part 11] After the Telemarketer gives their spiel, ask him/her to marry you. When they get all flustered, tell them that you could not just give your credit card number to a complete stranger. The Critters wrot...

No Newsgroup Access from newsgroup reader client?
Why is it no longer possible to access these news groups from my newsreader client? Has something changed? Using same details I have used for years. When I go to read the newsgroups this morning I get "A News (NNTP) error occurred: authentication rejected" Using the web browser interface is too tedious. -- Pierre Worrigee NSW ,-._|\ / Oz \ \_,--._/ v +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ They are not a nation of snobs like the English or of extravagant boasters like the Americans or of reckless profligates like the French, they are simply a nation of...

To Newsgroups admin... Newsgroups in spanish language ??
I've seen several messages in spanish language... Wouldn't be great to have spanish newsgroups, such as sybase.public.easerver.spanish, or sybase.public.ase.spanish ?? rememer we have several thousands of users from Mexico down to Argentina, and in Spain?? I think they would appreciate this. Bye J I think this is a worthwhile idea, but understand that we have limited TeamSybase resources... We're only about 30 individuals, and we operate on a volunteer basis only. It's fortunate that Carson Hager is fluent in Spanish, but he's only one person (...

Dynamically invoking a webservice from another webservice
I have an issue while creating a dynamic proxy for a webservice passing a complex type as a parameter. So I just needed some help if any one can suggest some solution to get the rid of the issue. Here is a quick scenario detailing the issue:               I have a webservice ‘A’ having a method ‘Update’ which accepts a complex type ‘ComplexType’. Now I need a way to call the service ‘A’ dynamically from another web service say ‘B’ by providing URL of service ‘A’, method name & the ‘Complex’ type (shared type) parameter. ...

Newbie: Webservice to Webservice Communication : Help!
Hello, as my subject suggests I am a newbie developer and am currently working on a project that requires two webservices to communicate so that two client applications can interact. e.g. client program - Webservice - Webservice - client program The services are each hosted by seperate machines and I have them communicating. The problem is that one webservice that is always hosted and can run as a seperate entity. The other will vary in its up-time from permanantly available (and communicating) perhaps down to once a day for a few minutes in order to send and recieve updates to/from...

OT: Newsgroups [Fwd: newsgroup overhaul]
Thought, maby someone might be interested in this info.... -------- Original-Nachricht -------- From: Dan Mosedale <dmose@mozilla.org> Newsgroups: netscape.public.mozilla.directory Subject: newsgroup overhaul Gerv has just posted his last call for comments on the new Mozilla newsgroup hierarchy that will be replacing this one: http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/gerv/archives/008005.html I just added a comment to his blog suggesting that this group should really be replaced by mozilla.dev.tech.ldap, as opposed to the currently proposed mozilla.dev.tech.directory. Feel free ...

Ongoing problem with newsgroups (specifically the General Newsgroup)
Can anyone using a newsreader (I cannot it is against company policy) see messages in this group over 3 days old, or any responses for the last few days? I am answering questions, but I am unsure if anyone can see the answers anywhere, because the last few days of posts (threads beneth topics) all seem to be missing other than ones I answered today. Thanks - Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com) www.planetdx.com Home of PB Link - The FREE PowerBuilder to Palm Interface Newsreader shows everything. It's just the WebForums (I have a feeling that this is p...

which newsgroup?
Which newsgroup should I use to ask questions about the iAnywhere JDBC-ODBC bridge driver (renamed iAnywhere JDBC driver in ASA 9)? I'm curious to know whether this driver supports (or will support) JDBC 2.0 connection pool tie-ins (such as ConnectionPoolDataSource, PooledConnection, ConnectionEventListener, etc.) and if so, how to interact w/ them (JavaDocs would be nice). TIA. Michael "Michael Landon" <mlandon@i_removeme_bnads.com> wrote in news:40cdf6b1$1@forums-2-dub: ML> Which newsgroup should I use to ask questions about the iAnywhere ML> ...

newsgroups
Here's a complaint/suggestion for the developers of SeaMonkey... Since it is not possible to get messages from a single newsgroup in an account that contains a number of subscribed groups, it ought to be possible to mark all newsgroups read. For instance, I have subscribed to eight newsgroups at cnews.corel.com. When I open the Corel.com account, all eight newsgroups immediately update with new posts. sometimes i don't want to read every newsgroup...but I don't like having to select each group individually and mark each as read separately, either. ...

Newsgroups
Can Thunderbird be used to read newsgroup messages? I have never had success using Netscape even for newsgroups, but am having no success with Thunderbird either. Thanks, JLH JLH wrote: > Can Thunderbird be used to read newsgroup messages? I have never had success > using Netscape even for newsgroups, but am having no success with > Thunderbird either. > > Thanks, > > JLH > > > Well, I'm reading your message and replying to it in Thunderbird ... if you post exactly what your problems are, maybe someone can help you :-) Davi...

Web resources about - Newsgroup Consoldation - sybase.webservices

Calpundit: Left and Right
Contact Email Calpundit RSS Feed Archives March 2004 February 2004 January 2004 December 2003 November 2003 October 2003 September 2003 ...

SPY Trends and Influencers June 28, 2014
A weekly excerpt from the Macro Review analysis sent to subscribers on 10 markets and two timeframes. Last week’s review of the macro market ...

Stocks Gain, Pushing Market to Record Levels
Stocks rose on Monday, pushing U.S. market indexes to all-time highs, as investors bought some of the unloved stocks that have been slumping ...

LVMH bags jeweller Bulgari in $5.2 billion deal
PARIS/MILAN (Reuters) - French luxury group LVMH is buying Italian peer Bulgari for 3.7 billion euros ($5.2 billion), adding luster to its jewelry ...

Media Deconsolidation (Part 19): IAC/Interactive Corp. divides by 5
Media Deconsolidation (Part 19): IAC/Interactive Corp. divides by 5

The Spirit Of Moncada: Fidel Castro's Rise To Power, 1953 - 1959
CSC 1984SUBJECT AREA Foreign Policy ABSTRACTAuthor: BOCKMAN, Larry James, Major, U.S. Marine CorpsTitle: The Spirit of Moncada: Fidel Castro's ...

The Progress & Freedom Foundation Blog
Last week, a mob of anti-media activists gathered outside the FCC to protest what they regarded as the agency's willingness to embrace a radical ...