Error Calling Method of a PBNI Object

I get the subject error when trying to call setoptions after
creating the soapconnection.

PB 10, build 4510, windows 2000

Any help appreciated

Jim
0
Jim
11/29/2004 6:58:41 PM
sybase.webservices 823 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I figured it out.

I had to rename all the related dll's in the winnt/system32
directory, then I copied all of those dll's to the local
work directory, then I added current directory to the system
path, then restarted powerbuilder.

I've seen several other people with similar problems, Sybase
really needs to clean up and simplify the dll's and
deployment.

Thanks,
Jim

> I get the subject error when trying to call setoptions
> after creating the soapconnection.
>
> PB 10, build 4510, windows 2000
>
> Any help appreciated
>
> Jim
0
Jim
11/29/2004 8:42:27 PM
Sybase doesn't deploy DLLs to the System directory.  Somebody must
have done that manually at some point.

What are you looking for in regard to 'clean up and simply the dlls'?
There is the runtime packager where you simply indicate which features
you are using and it creates an MSI file to install the needed
runtimes.  Does that not work for you?

On 29 Nov 2004 12:42:27 -0800, Jim Ward wrote:

>I figured it out.
>
>I had to rename all the related dll's in the winnt/system32
>directory, then I copied all of those dll's to the local
>work directory, then I added current directory to the system
>path, then restarted powerbuilder.
>
>I've seen several other people with similar problems, Sybase
>really needs to clean up and simplify the dll's and
>deployment.
>
>Thanks,
>Jim
>
>> I get the subject error when trying to call setoptions
>> after creating the soapconnection.
>>
>> PB 10, build 4510, windows 2000
>>
>> Any help appreciated
>>
>> Jim

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

TeamSybase blogs:
http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs

Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

http://www.needhim.org

NOTE:

If you are using Google to post messages to the newsgroups, you will
*not* receive a reply.  Messages posted through Google never reach the
Sybase newsgroup server, so we don't see them in order to respond to
them.  You should post your question using a standard newsgroup reader
or the web based newsreaders at my.sybase.com or www.pfcguide.com.
Google is great for searching the Sybase newsgroups, but you can't post
to them from there.

DISCLAIMER:

This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
it may not.

Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that the
author has multiple personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.
0
Bruce
11/30/2004 2:00:00 PM
Sorry, I'm not trying to accuse anyone of anything.  Since I
figured it out, everything has been working fine.

It's just that it seems that a lot of people have had this
sort of problem, so maybe when you install PB it should
check for other versions of web service dll's in the system
path and let the user know of them and if they want to
delete or overwrite them.  Also, I have PB 7,8,9 and 10
installed, the shared directory has become really crowded
and it can be confusing what to use when.

It would be really nice if you could have a dll "checker"
that you could run and it would tell you what dll's will be
used to run the application (in development) and whether
they are the right version.

Just some thoughts.

 > Sybase doesn't deploy DLLs to the System directory.
> Somebody must have done that manually at some point.
>
> What are you looking for in regard to 'clean up and simply
> the dlls'? There is the runtime packager where you simply
> indicate which features you are using and it creates an
> MSI file to install the needed runtimes.  Does that not
> work for you?
>
> On 29 Nov 2004 12:42:27 -0800, Jim Ward wrote:
>
> >I figured it out.
> >
> >I had to rename all the related dll's in the
> winnt/system32 >directory, then I copied all of those
> dll's to the local >work directory, then I added current
> directory to the system >path, then restarted
> powerbuilder. >
> >I've seen several other people with similar problems,
> Sybase >really needs to clean up and simplify the dll's
> and >deployment.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Jim
> >
> >> I get the subject error when trying to call setoptions
> >> after creating the soapconnection.
> >>
> >> PB 10, build 4510, windows 2000
> >>
> >> Any help appreciated
> >>
> >> Jim
>
> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> TeamSybase blogs:
> http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>
> Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
> Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. -
> Francis of Assisi http://www.needhim.org

> ----------- NOTE:
>
> If you are using Google to post messages to the newsgroups
> , you will *not* receive a reply.  Messages posted through
> Google never reach the Sybase newsgroup server, so we
> don't see them in order to respond to them.  You should
> post your question using a standard newsgroup reader  or
> the web based newsreaders at my.sybase.com or
> www.pfcguide.com.   Google is great for searching the
> Sybase newsgroups, but you can't post to them from there.

> ----------- DISCLAIMER:
>
> This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient.
> Given that it is a posting to a public newsgroup, that
> means if you can read this message then you are the
> recipient.  This message may contain information that is
> confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again
> ,  it may not.
>
> Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase,
> the contents  of this message do not necessarily represent
> the views or policies of  Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase
> is a diverse group of users of Sybase products, the
> contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
> views of a significant number of the members of
> TeamSybase.  Given that the author has multiple
> personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
> of this message do not necessarily represent his own
> views.
0
Jim

Error calling method of PBNI object
Hi, I'm using PB 9.0.2 and using PBDOM to parse an XML file. Everything works fine in development environment. When I deploy the app and run the app, I get the error message "Error calling method of PBNI object" when PBDOM_Builder's BuildFromString() function is being called. I have included pbddom90.dll, PBXerces90.dll and xerces-c_1_5_1.dll and still get the same error message. Would anyone help me figure that out? Thanks Junaid Junaid wrote: > Hi, > I'm using PB 9.0.2 and using PBDOM to parse an XML file. Everything > works fine in d...

Error calling method of a PBNI object
Hi, Run my deployed application I get this error (PBXRuntimeError) : "PBNI exeption: Error calling method of a PBNI object" this is the code: //declaration used to get data from xml code PBDOM_BUILDER pbdom_builder_new PBDOM_DOCUMENT pbdom_doc PBDOM_OBJECT pbdom_obj_array_root[] PBDOM_OBJECT pbdom_obj_array_data[] int i TRY //parsing if parsing != succed return error long ret ret= XMLParseString(xml_code) if ret<>0 then return ret //string XMLTravco -> PBDOM_DOCUMENT pbdom_doc pbdom_builder_new = Create PBDOM_Builder pbdom_doc ...

Error calling method of a PBNI object
I've tried almost all PBNI CodeXchange examples and I'm still getting "Error calling method of a PBNI object" message. It appears when I click on the visual object. E.g. in Oscilloscope application everything works fine until I click the oscilloscope screen area. I've tried just unzipping, opening the pbw and run. Then I've tried to rebuild pbx, pbx2pbd90.exe to get pbd and rebuild workspace but the result is still the same. I'm using PB 9.0.1.6533 and Visual Studio .NET 2003 7.1.3088. Regarding to an answer from Clive Collie in the newsgroup before ...

Error calling method of a PBNI object #2
I have just upgraded to PB 11.2 and have written a small application that can read a text file into some datawindows and then export it to XML. After the export i read in the file into a PBDOM document and needs to add some data and then save the file again. It works fine from inside the PB IDE, but if i compile the application and run ity on the same machine i get the error in the subject line. I have created a runtime package where i include support for PBDOM and XML support. Can anybody maybe help me, with what i'm missing. Thanks in advance Steen Christiansen Seapay A...

Error Calling Method of a PBNI Object #3
We are using Soap/XML in PB 10.5.2 and getting this message. We get it using one DB and not another. Does anyone know what this message means and what we might be missing? Please help ASAP if possible! ...

Error calling method of a PBNI object #2
Please help me! (Sorry, my english is bad) ;-) My problem is, when I start my application in the runtime I recieved the error: "Error calling method of a PBNI object" When I start my application from the powerbuilder then it works! Please help me... Thank you! ******************************** TRY is_haus_id = proxy.InsertUpdateHaus(is_mandant, is_haus) CATCH (runtimeerror er_haus) fw_killnull(is_haus_Id) fw_killnull(is_haus) fw_log("FEHLER in fw_x_insertupdatehaus: " + er_haus.getMessage()) fw_log("--> Mandant: " + is_mand...

System error
I run a depolyed application and tried to build a xml file from a string of data. I got an error Error text = Error calling method of a PBNI object. Error Object/Control = pbdom_builder. script = build fromstring. I run it in powerbuilder environment is fine. Please help PAtrick Did you deploy the runtime components that the PBDOM90.PBD is dependant on: http://sybooks.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-pb/pbg0900e/apptech/@Generic__BookTextView/49477;pt=49477#X On 4 Nov 2004 14:40:13 -0800, "Patrick Lee" <patrick.lee@companionGroup.com> wrote: >I run...

error calling method of a PBNI object in 'CreateJavaInstance'
There is an error "error calling method of a PBNI object " at CreateJavaInstance function of 'FilterInputStream' .But it works fine when "InputStream". Does anyone know what 's wrong or how to debug it?? eg: .... InputStream IS_1 FilterInputStream Filter_IS ll_temp=WLConn.CreateJavaInstance(IS_1,"InputStream") ll_temp=WLConn.CreateJavaInstance(Filter_IS,"FilterInputStream") .... First, run your C++ debugger and see what error message you are getting in your C++ code when you get to that point. On 3 Nov 2003 01...

Web Service & Error Calling Method of a PBNI Object
Please help... I try to consume MS MapPoint web service. Unfortunately without luck :( The following code generates PB Application Execution Error (R0000): Error Calling Method of a PBNI Object. //--- soapconnection conn routewebservicesoap proxy_obj long ll_ret, ll_log conn = create soapconnection // Create proxy object ll_ret = conn.createinstance(proxy_obj, "routewebservicesoap") s1__findaddressspecification specification s1__findresults findresults s1__address address address.addressline = sle_addressline.text address.postalcode = sle_postalcode.text a...

'Invalid object for method' error calling jaguar component method
I am attempting to call a jaguar component method that has an string argument defined as INOUT. The component has been created in PowerBuilder where the argument is passed by reference. I am able to call the java.CreateComponent successfully but when the component method is called the following error is generated in my browser: Invalid object for method doSomething near line 34 in "/test.htm" Here is the code segment from my server script in the test.htm page: <% .... test = java.CreateComponent("fts/test", "iiop://localhost:9000", "jagadmin...

Getting an error while calling a method in the .aspx.cs code inspite of the webservice having the method
   hi, I have a webservice with 2 web methods.One of them returns a string(M1) and the other a dataset(M2). I called the methods from the code behind,but for some reason I get an error when I call the method(M2) that returns a Dataset saying that the "WEbservice doesnot contain the definition for that method(M2)". I am able to view both the methods when I view the webservice on the browser. Can you help out?   hi, Can you post Code snippet?Regards,Jags  thank you.. I resolved the problem myself...  Hi Jasmine29, Error message indicates...

Getting Error :This method cannot be called until the send method has been called.
Hi, I am facing one tentative error when I am trying to call a page using "XMLHTTP" object. Error description is: This method cannot be called until the send method has been called. Following is the code snippet: Set objHTTP = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.4.0") Call objHTTP.Open("GET", GetHTTP, False) Most of the time, above code is working properly, but some time (I don’t know why) above error occurred. Can any one help me in this regard? Thank you.~ Firoz AnsariPune, Indiahttp://www.firozansari.comWhy product testin...

calling method in user control - keep getting error
Hello, If i dont call any methods of this user control The page runs fine and the user control displays correctly.But I need to pass some data to my user control but every time i try to call one of the user control methods I get the error -  Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I cant figure it out as I've used user controls before - but this user control has a datagrid - I think this might be why it is erroring?The html code look like -  <%@ Register TagPrefix="Check" TagName="CheckGrid" src="../includes/UserControls/Per...

Error calling mething of PBNI object
Hi All , Referring to the downloaded version of "PBNI_Examples\flags5507\" from Code Exchange of Sybase website. I have re-build the workspace in Visual Studio successfully and also rebuild the PBW workspace from PB10.5 build 5048 after inclusion of the extension file called "flag.dll" then also on click on the flag user object it gives : - Error calling method of PBNI object Application execution error ( R0000 ) Any ideas ..........thanks in advance . -- Regards Van I have the same problem. Did you find any reason ? Best regards. "Van...

Web resources about - Error Calling Method of a PBNI Object - sybase.webservices

Calling Dr. Death - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Calling Dr. Death (1943) is the first of the Universal Pictures Inner Sanctum mystery films . The "Inner Sanctum" franchise originated with a ...

List of country calling codes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of country calling codes defined by ITU-T recommendations E.123 and E.164 , also called IDD ( International Direct Dialling ) ...

Calling Batman: Bane Takes Over Ecko Unlimited Facebook Page
Bane, the villain in upcoming Batman feature film The Dark Knight Rises , turned his criminal mind toward the Ecko Unlimited Facebook page , ...

Facebook Video Calling - Facebook
Bring your conversations to life on Facebook. With face-to-face video calling, now you can watch your friends smile, wink and LOL. To get started, ...

Facebook’s Talktime program in India pays new mobile users in calling credit
... Facebook has launched its Talktime program in India which gives every new user who signs up with a mobile device 50 Rupees (almost $1) in calling ...

Berlin Calling (@neuraum) on Twitter

Calling all foodies: Here comes @TwitterFood
There are many thousands of food-related Tweets people send on Twitter each day – Tweets about meals, ingredients, favorites, recipes and dining ...

Rounds Video Calling + Chat for iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad ...
Get Rounds Video Calling + Chat on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Jewish leader condemns Camille Paglia for calling Taylor Swift a "Nazi Barbie"
... insulting Taylor Swift. A leading Australian Jewish organisation has denounced American cultural critic Camille Paglia for calling Taylor Swift ...