Cannot Parse the WSDL file #2

Hello,

I am attempting to create a web service proxy using the Web
Service Proxy generator on the Project Tab in PB 11.2.
After completing the General Tab, I continue to the Web
Service Tab where I paste in the url for the remote WSDL
file and then press the services button.  After some time I
get an error message:
Web Services Proxy Generation
Cannot Parse the WSDL file.  What can I look for?

If I paste the WSDL url into a browser, I can display and
print the XML.

TIA,

Bob
0
Bob
6/29/2010 4:25:47 PM
sybase.webservices 823 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Which engine are you using?  The EasySOAP engine is rather dated, you
really want to use the .Net engine.

Is the WSDL publically accessible, or can you post it here.  Sometime
looking at that can illustrate what the problem is.

On 29 Jun 2010 09:25:47 -0700, Bob O. wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am attempting to create a web service proxy using the Web
>Service Proxy generator on the Project Tab in PB 11.2.
>After completing the General Tab, I continue to the Web
>Service Tab where I paste in the url for the remote WSDL
>file and then press the services button.  After some time I
>get an error message:
>Web Services Proxy Generation
>Cannot Parse the WSDL file.  What can I look for?
>
>If I paste the WSDL url into a browser, I can display and
>print the XML.
>
>TIA,
>
>Bob
-----------------------------------

My Web 2.0 Stuff

Blog:      http://brucearmstrong.sys-con.com/
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceaarmstrong
Twitter:   http://twitter.com/bruce_armstrong
Ning:      http://powerbuilder.ning.com/profile/BruceArmstrong
Xing:      http://www.xing.com/profile/Bruce_Armstrong
YouTube:   http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong
Fotki:     http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/
0
Bruce
6/30/2010 1:42:02 AM
Hi Bruce

I intend to use the .Net engine; but I did not select the
radio button before I clicked the Services command button.
Is that the problem?

I can access the WSDL using the url; but I am reluctant to
publish the WSDL here because it belongs to our customer /
partner.  I will go back to them with this issue first.

Thanks,
Bob

> Which engine are you using?  The EasySOAP engine is rather
> dated, you really want to use the .Net engine.
>
> Is the WSDL publically accessible, or can you post it
> here.  Sometime looking at that can illustrate what the
> problem is.
>
> On 29 Jun 2010 09:25:47 -0700, Bob O. wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >I am attempting to create a web service proxy using the
> Web >Service Proxy generator on the Project Tab in PB
> 11.2.  >After completing the General Tab, I continue to
> the Web >Service Tab where I paste in the url for the
> remote WSDL >file and then press the services button.
> After some time I >get an error message:
> >Web Services Proxy Generation
> >Cannot Parse the WSDL file.  What can I look for?
> >
> >If I paste the WSDL url into a browser, I can display and
> >print the XML.
> >
> >TIA,
> >
> >Bob
> -----------------------------------
>
> My Web 2.0 Stuff
>
> Blog:      http://brucearmstrong.sys-con.com/
> Facebook:
> http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
> LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceaarmstrong
> Twitter:   http://twitter.com/bruce_armstrong Ning:
> http://powerbuilder.ning.com/profile/BruceArmstrong Xing:
>     http://www.xing.com/profile/Bruce_Armstrong YouTube:
> http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong Fotki:
> http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/
0
Bob
6/30/2010 12:26:23 PM
I tried to generate the proxy again.  This time on the
Service I pasted the WSDL url, clicked on the .Net radio
button and entered an assembly name in the text box.  Then I
clicked on the Services button and received the following
Error messagebox:

Error failed to get the service list for the following
reason:
No class defined in the assembly

What does this mean?

Bob

> Hi Bruce
>
> I intend to use the .Net engine; but I did not select the
> radio button before I clicked the Services command button.
> Is that the problem?
>
> I can access the WSDL using the url; but I am reluctant to
> publish the WSDL here because it belongs to our customer /
> partner.  I will go back to them with this issue first.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob
>

> > Which engine are you using?  The EasySOAP engine is
> > rather dated, you really want to use the .Net engine.
> >
> > Is the WSDL publically accessible, or can you post it
> > here.  Sometime looking at that can illustrate what the
> > problem is.
> >
> > On 29 Jun 2010 09:25:47 -0700, Bob O. wrote:
> >
> > >Hello,
> > >
> > >I am attempting to create a web service proxy using the
> > Web >Service Proxy generator on the Project Tab in PB
> > 11.2.  >After completing the General Tab, I continue to
> > the Web >Service Tab where I paste in the url for the
> > remote WSDL >file and then press the services button.
> > After some time I >get an error message:
> > >Web Services Proxy Generation
> > >Cannot Parse the WSDL file.  What can I look for?
> > >
> > >If I paste the WSDL url into a browser, I can display
> > and >print the XML.
> > >
> > >TIA,
> > >
> > >Bob
> > -----------------------------------
> >
> > My Web 2.0 Stuff
> >
> > Blog:      http://brucearmstrong.sys-con.com/
> > Facebook:
> >

> http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
> > LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceaarmstrong
> > Twitter:   http://twitter.com/bruce_armstrong Ning:
> >     http://powerbuilder.ning.com/profile/BruceArmstrong
> > Xing: http://www.xing.com/profile/Bruce_Armstrong
> > YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong
> Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/
0
Bob
6/30/2010 12:49:51 PM
There's a solved case here that indicates is a problem with the WSDL:

http://search.sybase.com/kbx/solvedcases?id_number=11580121

In most cases what you can do is run the .Net framework SDK WSDL.exe
utility directly on the WSDL.  That's what PB is using under the
covers, and if WSDL.exe has problems with it, PB isn't going to be
able to use it.  The advantage of running WSDL.exe on it directly is
it often spits out a lot more useful error messages.

On 30 Jun 2010 05:49:51 -0700, Bob O. wrote:

>I tried to generate the proxy again.  This time on the
>Service I pasted the WSDL url, clicked on the .Net radio
>button and entered an assembly name in the text box.  Then I
>clicked on the Services button and received the following
>Error messagebox:
>
>Error failed to get the service list for the following
>reason:
>No class defined in the assembly
>
>What does this mean?
>
>Bob
>

>> Hi Bruce
>>
>> I intend to use the .Net engine; but I did not select the
>> radio button before I clicked the Services command button.
>> Is that the problem?
>>
>> I can access the WSDL using the url; but I am reluctant to
>> publish the WSDL here because it belongs to our customer /
>> partner.  I will go back to them with this issue first.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bob
>>

>> > Which engine are you using?  The EasySOAP engine is
>> > rather dated, you really want to use the .Net engine.
>> >
>> > Is the WSDL publically accessible, or can you post it
>> > here.  Sometime looking at that can illustrate what the
>> > problem is.

>> > Web >Service Proxy generator on the Project Tab in PB
>> > 11.2.  >After completing the General Tab, I continue to
>> > the Web >Service Tab where I paste in the url for the
>> > remote WSDL >file and then press the services button.
>> > After some time I >get an error message:

>> > and >print the XML.

>> > -----------------------------------
>> >
>> > My Web 2.0 Stuff
>> >
>> > Blog:      http://brucearmstrong.sys-con.com/
>> > Facebook:
>> >

>> http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
>> > LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceaarmstrong
>> > Twitter:   http://twitter.com/bruce_armstrong Ning:
>> >     http://powerbuilder.ning.com/profile/BruceArmstrong
>> > Xing: http://www.xing.com/profile/Bruce_Armstrong
>> > YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong
>> Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/
-----------------------------------

My Web 2.0 Stuff

Blog:      http://brucearmstrong.sys-con.com/
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceaarmstrong
Twitter:   http://twitter.com/bruce_armstrong
Ning:      http://powerbuilder.ning.com/profile/BruceArmstrong
Xing:      http://www.xing.com/profile/Bruce_Armstrong
YouTube:   http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong
Fotki:     http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/
0
Bruce
7/1/2010 2:27:39 AM
Thank you Bruce.  I will work with the developers of the web
service / wsdl to see if they can make some modifications.

> There's a solved case here that indicates is a problem
> with the WSDL:

http://search.sybase.com/kbx/solvedcases?id_number=11580121

> In most cases what you can do is run the .Net framework
> SDK WSDL.exe utility directly on the WSDL.  That's what PB
> is using under the covers, and if WSDL.exe has problems
> with it, PB isn't going to be able to use it.  The
> advantage of running WSDL.exe on it directly is it often
> spits out a lot more useful error messages.
>
> On 30 Jun 2010 05:49:51 -0700, Bob O. wrote:
>
> >I tried to generate the proxy again.  This time on the
> >Service I pasted the WSDL url, clicked on the .Net radio
> >button and entered an assembly name in the text box.
> Then I >clicked on the Services button and received the
> following >Error messagebox:
> >
> >Error failed to get the service list for the following
> >reason:
> >No class defined in the assembly
> >
> >What does this mean?
> >
> >Bob
> >

> >> Hi Bruce
> >>
> >> I intend to use the .Net engine; but I did not select
> the >> radio button before I clicked the Services command
> button. >> Is that the problem?
> >>
> >> I can access the WSDL using the url; but I am reluctant
> to >> publish the WSDL here because it belongs to our
> customer / >> partner.  I will go back to them with this
> issue first. >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Bob

> the >> > problem is.

> the >> > Web >Service Proxy generator on the Project Tab
> in PB >> > 11.2.  >After completing the General Tab, I
> continue to >> > the Web >Service Tab where I paste in the
> url for the >> > remote WSDL >file and then press the
> services button. >> > After some time I >get an error
> message: >> > >Web Services Proxy Generation

> display >> > and >print the XML.

> http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
> >> >
> http://powerbuilder.ning.com/profile/BruceArmstrong >> >
> Xing: http://www.xing.com/profile/Bruce_Armstrong >> >
> YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong >>
> Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/
> -----------------------------------
>
> My Web 2.0 Stuff
>
> Blog:      http://brucearmstrong.sys-con.com/
> Facebook:
> http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
> LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceaarmstrong
> Twitter:   http://twitter.com/bruce_armstrong Ning:
> http://powerbuilder.ning.com/profile/BruceArmstrong Xing:
>     http://www.xing.com/profile/Bruce_Armstrong YouTube:
> http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong Fotki:
> http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/
0
Bob

Problem with parsing csv file and writing into two separate files #2
Hello, I would like to parse a .csv file and write certain records into two separate files. The program below writes the records easily into the csvtmp.csv but the second file is only created with no records written. I cannot see the problem here, the second file is produced easily if the first loop is discarded. Any ideas? Thanks. -L ====================================== #!/bin/perl use warnings; use strict; use Text::CSV_XS; use Tie::Handle::CSV; my $fh = Tie::Handle::CSV->new(csv_parser => Text::CSV_XS->new({binary => 1}), ...

Parsing a File #2
I'm looking for pointers on what to do next. I have a file (the output from 'show cdp neighbors detailed' on a Cisco router. I created a short program which captures the output to a file - looks something like this... CDP log for ca5gw001.winstar.com Created: 22:00:29 - 2001/08/01 ------------------------- Device ID: ca5gw002.winstar.com Entry address(es): IP address: 10.1.25.3 Platform: cisco 4700, Capabilities: Router Interface: Ethernet3/0, Port ID (outgoing port): Ethernet0 Holdtime : 167 sec Version : Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software IOS (tm)...

File parsing #2
Hi, I'm parsing a file line by line. The fine is a comma separated file. I would like to search & replace or simply DELETE a column(field). 00000001 8/11/1988 Development Government/Defense USA CSCI GROUND STATION UPGRADE Military Ground Command/Control 0 0 0 Say the line above is separated by commas,and i would like to parse the same. I'm doing this using split(). Now that depending on the user input, i want to search/replace or simply delete the field (or column). What is the best way to this. (Fastest??). Regards -Ajey > What is the best wa...

Parsing file #2
--00248c70f3f550ec5004a4b78e2f Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Hi, I want to parse a file with contents that looks as follows: ENTRY K00001 KO NAME E1.1.1.1, adh DEFINITION alcohol dehydrogenase [EC:1.1.1.1] PATHWAY ko00010 Glycolysis / Gluconeogenesis ko00071 Fatty acid metabolism /// ENTRY K14865 KO NAME U14snoRNA, snR128 DEFINITION U14 small nucleolar RNA CLASS Genetic Information Processing; Translation; Ribosome Biogenesis [BR:ko03009] /// ENTRY ...

Cannot parse WSDL file ...
Hi ... Can anyone tell, how can i create a PB proxy ...??? Every time i specify the file, the web services list is empty, i know th problem is to find the file, i try any other different file location, for example: http://soap.amazon.com/schemas3/AmazonWebServices.wsdl, and the list of services is showed. I try moving the WSDL files, to the =eaServer%\html folder, but still don't see the files. I did the example from CODEXCHANGE, step by step, even with EAServer 5 (using the example for EAServer 5, of course), but still can=b4t see the services list. I=b4m a little desp...

Cannot parse the WSDL file
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-2-dub40891f69 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'm trying to create the proxy object and can't get past this message. Here's the WSDL file name : https://c001.x.state.mn.us/MNPORwebservice/PORws.asmx?WSDL I'll attach the WSDL. Thanks in advance for any help. ---=_forums-2-dub40891f69 Content-Type: text/xml; name="PORws.asmx" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="PORws.asmx" PD94bWwgdmV...

Cannot parse WSDL file???
Hi there, Does any one got such a message while deploying a NVO as a webservice. What does that mean and how can I get rid of this ? Please assits ..thanks in advance. btw:Already posted this question in an actual concern newsgroup as well. Regards ,Van I am sure it a matter of environmental issue What is that no idea?????////// Regards ,Van "Van" <Vanjacobson@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:47df9109$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi there, > Does any one got such a message while deploying a NVO as a webservice. > > What does that mean and ho...

Error: Cannot parse the WSDL File
I am trying to use web services in PB9. When I use the Web Services Proxy Wizard, I get the error Cannot parse the WSDL file (if I have copied the file to my PC to parse). If I use the file remotely from its web site, it gets past this, but says there are no services in the file. Below is the wsdl file. This URL is http://copyws.galileo.com/gws/XmlSelect?WSDL ( I think this is publicly accessible). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am using PB9.0 build 5500 (trial version). Thanks, Julie <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <defi...

Creating Webservice From WSDL File
We have .wsdl file from the client. But client is taking time to implement public interface for our proxy to connect. Will it be possible to create a test webservice at our end (for time being) with exactly same binding methods,messagetype,porttype from the .wsdl given by the client. So we can test or return some sample output. If that is possible i can write a factory that can switch between client webservice and our local webservice. Please advise or help   Simply add the wsdl file as webreference in your project.this will create a proxy class against the wsdl that can be eas...

Invalid WSDL file #2
Hi All, I am using PB9.0.1 build 7204. I'm trying to create a web proxy objects from WSDL files and I'm getting "invalid WSDL file" message from the web proxy wizard. I looked up this newsgroup to see any matches or clues but I couldn't find any. The WSDL files were created in IBM WebSphere Studio Application Developer. I'm not very familiar with WSDL and XSD technologies so I can't determine what the problem is. Also, there is not much documentation available with Powerbuilder to help with the issue. Would anyone look at my WSDL file and gu...

Using WSDL file with WebService
I'd like to implement a WebService, but I want it to use a given WSDL file. When I use wsdl.exe, I get a WebService which uses a slightly different WSDL: In the schema part the minOccure attrbutes are not correct (all set to "0"). a. Is there a way to force the WebService to generate certain minOccure/maxOccure in its WSDL? b. How can I tell my WebService to use a given WSDL file instead of generating one? I've tried to use WebServiceBinding[Location=".."] on my WebService class, but that doesn't seem to make any difference. Can anyone help me out? You can ...

Parse instruction file #2
Hello, This is kind of sloppy, but it is what I have been able to come up with. How can I make this more "cleaner"? The data lines and output are at the end of this mail. Thank you all. #!/opt/local/bin/perl #..................End include subroutines ................ &check_arguments($#ARGV); #verify command line &process_arguments(@ARGV); #input file = $opt_i #output file = $opt_o &open_file("INFILE", "", "$opt_i"); #update mode my(%MAIN_ADD...

DNN 2.1.2: File Manager | Add File, multi-user problem
Hello and Thank you for taking a moment to read this ... and for your helpful replies.I am experiencing a problem with the File Manager.  Specifically, when multiple users are more or less simultaneously uploading files, the WebUpload module appears to get confused about who is doing what - some people get files loaded into their portal that they did not select for upload, others get nothing uploaded and no errors.I have looked at the code in the WebUpload module and suspect that the shared ArrayLists used to compile a group of files for a "batch upload" (arrFiles and arr...

regex and parsing config file directives.. #2
------=_Part_28817_1656924.1152868720828 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Hi. Sorry to bother but I can't get this script to work.. It is supposed to parse the openvpn config, 1) any line starting with a ";" is to be ignored 2) all directives are written to a hash where the key is the directive and the value is the value of the directive . 3) if the directive is present but no value is set then the key must be set to the directive and the value must be set to "defined" or t...

Web resources about - Cannot Parse the WSDL file #2 - sybase.webservices

Planned Parenthood Shooter Identified as 57-Year-Old Robert Lewis Dear
The man who went on a shooting spree at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs, Colorado, was identified on Saturday morning. Read more... ...

Fox's Kurtz Admits Trump 'Stepped Over The Line' Mocking Disabled NYT's Journalist
I'm still trying to figure out just what Donald Trump has to do before our corporate media even pretends to be shocked or outraged by his behavior ...

In Uganda, pope honors Christian martyrs, meets youth
Pope Francis is paying his respects to 19th century Ugandan Christians who were burnt alive rather than renounce their faith, the latest group ...

‘Fantastic Beasts’ Stars Afraid To Give Away Spoilers: Here’s What’s Been Revealed So Far
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is currently being filmed in the UK, but they have run into a bit of a snag. It seems that while they ...

Erdogan dolls burned, buried as Russia fumes at Turkey
Moscow's fury over Ankara's downing of a Russian warplane on the Syrian border was on full display today as pro-government activists staged anti-Turkey ...

Carson After Camp Tour: Absorb Syrian Refugees in Mideast
Washington Post Carson After Camp Tour: Absorb Syrian Refugees in Mideast New York Times AZRAQ REFUGEE CAMP, Jordan — Republican presidential ...

Pro tip: Access all your cloud accounts from one location on Android
Tired of navigating between various cloud apps on your Android device? If so, Jack Wallen shows how to centralize all your cloud accounts with ...

White House Christmas Tree Arrives, No One Really Sure When First Presidential Tree Appeared
First lady Michelle Obama received the 2015 Christmas tree at the White House on Friday, according to USA Today . The Fraser fir is said to be ...

Inside the VTech hack that jeopardized data of more than 200,000 kids
Just this morning Motherboard exposed one of the largest attacks yet, a massive breach of private user data from tech toy manufacturer VTech. ...

Turkey's Erdogan sees Paris climate summit as chance to mend ties with Russia
Reuters Turkey's Erdogan sees Paris climate summit as chance to mend ties with Russia Reuters ISTANBUL Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said ...