"There was an error generating the XML document" error

Using PB10.5.2 Build 7016
Generated proxies for Web Service using .NET (not EasySoap)
Most functions work, but getting this error when calling a
particular function whose 1st parameter is a complex
datatype (which PB converts to structure) consisting of
other complex data types (which PB converts to structures).
The function is:
SetTerminalsApplicationCharacteristics
( ggws_fwMTSetAppCharacteristics AppCharacteristics,
string terminals[]
)  returns ggws_sendmessageresponses

ggws_fwMTSetAppCharacteristics has 17 fields that are
structures.
Each of these structures has 2-5 fields that have datatypes
of boolean, long, byte or double.

I have another function that takes a complex-type parameter
consisting only of basic datatypes and that one works.

Is the fact that the parameter is actually a structure of
structures causing my error?

Thanks in advance.
0
DKeifer
5/9/2008 4:54:45 PM
sybase.webservices 823 articles. 0 followers. Follow

No.  I'd suggest a few things:

1. Getting a copy of Fiddler 2 and watching to see what is actually being
transmitted.  If the WSDL you've been given is out of date with the service,
it may be sending back something other than what the proxy is expecting.

2. Since you are using the EasySOAP engine, turn on the logging feature
(which isn't supported under the .Net engine).  That might produce useful
info as well.

3.  Get Web Services Studio (http://www.codeplex.com/wsstudioexpress) and
use it to hit the service to ensure that the service is working correctly.

4.  Try the .Net engine to see if it works better (it generally does).

<DKeifer> wrote in message news:482481d5.55da.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Using PB10.5.2 Build 7016
> Generated proxies for Web Service using .NET (not EasySoap)
> Most functions work, but getting this error when calling a
> particular function whose 1st parameter is a complex
> datatype (which PB converts to structure) consisting of
> other complex data types (which PB converts to structures).
> The function is:
> SetTerminalsApplicationCharacteristics
> ( ggws_fwMTSetAppCharacteristics AppCharacteristics,
> string terminals[]
> )  returns ggws_sendmessageresponses
>
> ggws_fwMTSetAppCharacteristics has 17 fields that are
> structures.
> Each of these structures has 2-5 fields that have datatypes
> of boolean, long, byte or double.
>
> I have another function that takes a complex-type parameter
> consisting only of basic datatypes and that one works.
>
> Is the fact that the parameter is actually a structure of
> structures causing my error?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Bruce
5/9/2008 5:01:52 PM
I am using .NET
I am also using Fiddler, but nothing is even sent out so I
see nothing in the Fiddler window.

Thanks for your quick reply.

> No.  I'd suggest a few things:
>
> 1. Getting a copy of Fiddler 2 and watching to see what is
> actually being  transmitted.  If the WSDL you've been
> given is out of date with the service,  it may be sending
> back something other than what the proxy is expecting.
>
> 2. Since you are using the EasySOAP engine, turn on the
> logging feature  (which isn't supported under the .Net
> engine).  That might produce useful  info as well.
>
> 3.  Get Web Services Studio
> (http://www.codeplex.com/wsstudioexpress) and  use it to
> hit the service to ensure that the service is working
> correctly.
>
> 4.  Try the .Net engine to see if it works better (it
> generally does).
>
> <DKeifer> wrote in message
> > news:482481d5.55da.1681692777@sybase.com... Using
> > PB10.5.2 Build 7016 Generated proxies for Web Service
> > using .NET (not EasySoap) Most functions work, but
> > getting this error when calling a particular function
> > whose 1st parameter is a complex datatype (which PB
> > converts to structure) consisting of other complex data
> > types (which PB converts to structures). The function
> > is: SetTerminalsApplicationCharacteristics
> > ( ggws_fwMTSetAppCharacteristics AppCharacteristics,
> > string terminals[]
> > )  returns ggws_sendmessageresponses
> >
> > ggws_fwMTSetAppCharacteristics has 17 fields that are
> > structures.
> > Each of these structures has 2-5 fields that have
> > datatypes of boolean, long, byte or double.
> >
> > I have another function that takes a complex-type
> > parameter consisting only of basic datatypes and that
> one works. >
> > Is the fact that the parameter is actually a structure
> > of structures causing my error?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

0
DKeifer
5/9/2008 5:13:53 PM
Fiddler won't show you anything unless you either

(a) make it trace all local action

or

(b) turn on the proxy server option and tell the web service client to
specfically use Fiddler as the proxy server for the call.

On 9 May 2008 10:13:53 -0700, DKeifer wrote:

>I am using .NET
>I am also using Fiddler, but nothing is even sent out so I
>see nothing in the Fiddler window.
>
>Thanks for your quick reply.
>
>> No.  I'd suggest a few things:
>>
>> 1. Getting a copy of Fiddler 2 and watching to see what is
>> actually being  transmitted.  If the WSDL you've been
>> given is out of date with the service,  it may be sending
>> back something other than what the proxy is expecting.
>>
>> 2. Since you are using the EasySOAP engine, turn on the
>> logging feature  (which isn't supported under the .Net
>> engine).  That might produce useful  info as well.
>>
>> 3.  Get Web Services Studio
>> (http://www.codeplex.com/wsstudioexpress) and  use it to
>> hit the service to ensure that the service is working
>> correctly.
>>
>> 4.  Try the .Net engine to see if it works better (it
>> generally does).
>>
>> <DKeifer> wrote in message
>> > news:482481d5.55da.1681692777@sybase.com... Using
>> > PB10.5.2 Build 7016 Generated proxies for Web Service
>> > using .NET (not EasySoap) Most functions work, but
>> > getting this error when calling a particular function
>> > whose 1st parameter is a complex datatype (which PB
>> > converts to structure) consisting of other complex data
>> > types (which PB converts to structures). The function
>> > is: SetTerminalsApplicationCharacteristics
>> > ( ggws_fwMTSetAppCharacteristics AppCharacteristics,
>> > string terminals[]
>> > )  returns ggws_sendmessageresponses
>> >
>> > ggws_fwMTSetAppCharacteristics has 17 fields that are
>> > structures.
>> > Each of these structures has 2-5 fields that have
>> > datatypes of boolean, long, byte or double.
>> >
>> > I have another function that takes a complex-type
>> > parameter consisting only of basic datatypes and that
>> one works. >
>> > Is the fact that the parameter is actually a structure
>> > of structures causing my error?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance.

0
Bruce

When serializing an object with tested code I get the error "There was en error generating the XML document."
I have a problem serializing an object with the XmlSerializer.Serialize method. We created a .Net application that would process information both from on-line input and input from an external system (batch processing)  and store the information in an SQL Server 2005 database. Another batch would process the information, setting it into an object collection that would later be serialized to an xml file with ISO-8859-1 encoding that would be sent to another application that would create reports from it. It's all fairly straight forward, nothing really exotic. In the testing phase ever...

Exception ( "There was an error generating XML document" )
I have a web method which has the following signature public webmethod( impFile obj1,System.Object obj2,int obj3); I call this method from the client of the web sevice passing it the following parameters. impFile obj1 = new impFile(); FileDownloadInfo obj2 = new FileDownloadInfo(); int obj3 = 3; someobject.webmethod( obj1,obj2,obj3); this method calls throws System.InvalidOperationException and the message is "There was an error generating XML Document". The proxy class generated for the web service on the client side contains the definition of the...

"Error Group: WINSOCK" "Error Code:11004"
Hi Just setup iPrint on the server and tried to install the printer to the laptop and got the following message: Error code:11004 Error message: Winsock 11004 - The DNS name has been found in the database, but its associated data is not correct. Error group: WINSOCK Error code:11004 Anyone know what associated data it is referring to? Thanks in advance -- iangh2 A quick Google found this on http://www.sockets.com/err_lst1.htm WSANO_DATA (11004) Valid name, no data record of requested type Berkeley description: The requested name is valid, but does not hav...

error while appending the xml document "The Node to be inserted is from a diffrent document context."
Hi all I am trying to appened an xml file (JobComplete.xml) with the xml node i got as a paramater (xmlNode) the xml structure is like xmlNode:- <buzzsawJobs> <buzzsawJob> <jobId>1</jobId> </buzzsawJob> </buzzsawJobs> JobComplete.xml <buzzsawJobs> <buzzsawJob> <jobId>1</jobId> <jobId>2</jobId> <jobId>3</jobId> </buzzsawJob> </buzzsawJobs> The error i get is "The Node to be inserted is from a diffrent document context...

When I get .XML document with Request.Form["xml"].ToString(); it gets error.
XmlDocument xmlDocument = new XmlDocument(); xmlDocument.LoadXml(Request.Form["xml"].ToString());  I want system doesn't interrupt the code execution. How can I do system doesn't give error message?  Thanks.  Error Message  A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (xml="...8859-9" ?><BORCELIK><Tarih>09/...").  ...

"Compilation Error Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type "'ws.Email' is not defined." after webservice request.
Hi,  I created a Webservice, which sends emails of a filled form. Offline I have no problems to get it to work, but when I put my website online I get "Compilation Error Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type "'ws.Email'  is not defined." It seems it can't find the webservice anymore, although I added the webreference (which worked fine) before I put the website online (with dir App_WebReferences -> ws -> Email.wsdl,...)  This is the code which requests the webrequest:Dim SendEmail As New ws.Email() SendEmail.Send_Mail(code, 2, TextB...

ADO "Multiple-step operation generated errors" error
I am migrating from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009 (June2009). I have them both concurrently installed on my machine during the migration. With the following code: With FFeedDataset Do Begin Active:=False; CommandText:='Select * From '+FeedsTableName; Active:=True; If Locate('ID',InFeed.ID,[]) Then Edit Else Insert; FieldByName('Title').AsString:=InFeed.Title; FieldByNam...

"Error on page" error?
Hello, I have recently set up Webaccess and it seems mostly to behave ok, at least when accessing it internally (on the LAN) but when accessed remotely, two things occur: Sometimes, when clicking on any of the links, I will get a "page not found" error. Then if I reload the page, it will load quite happily. The more annoying thing, though, is when I click on "Compose ...", Search Address Books" or "Search in Mailbox" I get a message on the status bar that says "Error on page" and nothing loads. I found nothing in the KB on this one...

Attention all "GW6" "grpwise.exe has generated error" admins
Hey everyone! I am also having the same issues as you and have been fighting them for months. I think if a few of us get together and compare fixes, maybe we can figure this thing out. If not then maybe we can open a generic incident with Novell to make them aware of the issues on a more global scale. If you are struggling with these issues, or had been struggling and have found a fix email me at lardens@bennettjones.ca and I will try to get us all together to discuss. It is difficult to open an incident with Novell on this as the problem is pretty intermittent, but ...

[wxperl-users] From whence "Wx::App Error" "Fatal error: exiting"?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C48798.98A9B782 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I tried to send this message some months ago (early May), but for some reason at that time I was unable to send to the wxPerl mailing list. It seems to be working now, so . . . I'm stumbling around trying to find a single, fail-free method for exiting a running wxPerl app that may or may not have open frames. The Perl functions "exit" and "die" seem vulnerable to problem...

error message: "General network error. Check your network documentation."
I am getting the error below when I try to bind data to a drop down box using data adapter. This error is random. I have been getting the same type of error when I used data reader. Anyone knows how to prevent these generic network errors? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- General network error. Check your network documentation. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code...

How can I solve this error "XML Parsing Error: no element found"
 heres my code behind in UploadImage.aspx.vb _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Imports System.Data.SqlClientImports System.ConfigurationImports System.IOPartial Class UploadImage    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page    Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click        Dim conn As New SqlConnection        Dim comm As New SqlCommand  ...

"Error reading content collection xml document"
When changing a policy and selecting "Apply Changes" we are receiving a dialog saying: "Error reading content collection xml document" Any ideas on where to look? Thanks -jim On 11/30/2010 08:21 AM, Jim Willeke wrote: > When changing a policy and selecting "Apply Changes" we are receiving a > dialog saying: > > "Error reading content collection xml document" > > Any ideas on where to look? > > Thanks > -jim When I have run into this, which I think is caused by some slight burt on the client scrip...

FCK Editor "XML Request Error Internal server Error (500)"
Hi,     I don't know whether this is the right place to post my question.    I used FCK Editor 2.2 in my asp.net 2.0 application. While inserting the image by clicking the Browse Server button i am getting the "XML Request Error Internal Server Error(500)" only in online. It works fine locally. I have changed the web.config as <add key="FCKEditor" Userfilepath="http://www.mysite.com/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley"/> I still get this error. I don't know how to rectify this problem. Please give me an ...

Web resources about - "There was an error generating the XML document" error - sybase.webservices