How to setup different home directories and .INI locations for users.

We are trying to setup a WDK environment similar to what we did with
Citrix.  In Citrix, each user could have a different "home" directory.
Also, each user could have their own WIN.INI.

I can't find any reference to this in the WDK documentation.  How is
it done?

0
NOSPAM_matthewc
4/7/2000 6:10:45 PM
sybase.webdeploykit 728 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I don't believe that is possible.  However, you should be able to store user
specific information in the registry.

On Fri, 07 Apr 2000 18:10:45 GMT,
 in sybase.public.webdeploykit
Matthew Chestnut <NOSPAM_matthewc@proam.com> wrote:
>We are trying to setup a WDK environment similar to what we did with
>Citrix.  In Citrix, each user could have a different "home" directory.
>Also, each user could have their own WIN.INI.
>
>I can't find any reference to this in the WDK documentation.  How is
>it done?

---
Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi]
http://www.kidbrothers.org                | http://www.fccwc.org
http://www.harvest.org/knowgod/index.htm  | http://www.needhim.org

Bruce

Home directory not having same contents after adding user for different server
Hi, I add users using the command for all the server I use eg for server 66 which has opensuse 12.1 Code: -------------------- powerme@msvlsi66:~> su - Password: msvlsi66:~ # useradd -g users -d /export/home/patil66 -m patil66 msvlsi66:~ # passwd patil66 Changing password for patil66. New Password: Bad password: it is based on a dictionary word Reenter New Password: Password changed. msvlsi66:~ # -------------------- Similarly for server 62 which has opensuse 10.3 Code: -------------------- msvlsi62 home/liuc> su - P...

NIS setup with user home directory on one server
Hi all, I am new to OpenSuse. I am attempting to setup the following: 1.User login/authentication via a single NIS server. 2. User home directory should also be on the Same NIS server. 3. If possible to setup a single shared home directory for all users. OpenSuse version 11.2 There are twelve workstations from which users will login using the NIS authentication. I have succeeded in setting up NI server. However login fails as the home directory is not accessible. Any help / suggestions would be welcome. Tushar -- tvyoda ----------------------------------...

Active Directory user home directory
Hi all. I have a question, how to sync home directorires of users from Identity Vault to Active Directory? Into AD there are 2 LDAP attributes calleds homeDrive (the network drive letter) and homeDirectory that is the network path used to map during user login. My doubt is about the eDirectory volume information. The volume will be not sync to the AD because AD does not recognize this information, right? So, how to sync? I was thinking about create 2 eDirectory attributes where I can write theese informations. What do you think about this? Anyone can help me? Best regards...

Creating a user directory other than home directory
Hey there, I have a two-fold problem. I have JRB utilities but I can not see how to make this work. We created a directory in the users home directory. We want to move all these directories out into another main directory and have the same file rights. Plus, when we add new users, we want this directory to be created automatically. Each teacher has a directory called GQWIN in their home directory. This is their gradebook. We want to move all of the teachers gradebooks into one central "Gradebook" directory, then their username, then the GQWIN directory. Curren...

Create Directory in Users Home Directory
Hello I was wondering if there was an easy way of creating a directory and coping a file to it in each users home directory, using the login script? Could I just run a batch file like this: @echo off dir F:\homedir\test\test.file 1>2> nul if errorlevel=1 goto test goto end :test mkdir f:\homedir\test xcopy f:\test\test.file f:\homedir\test goto end :end Or is there an easier way? Thanks Jtk, > Or is there an easier way? > ZEN for Desktops... But you can do it with a batch file. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop (...

TID 10090225 How to setup User Home Directories through Apache NW6.5
I have followed this TID to the letter and in a test server NW6.5 sp2 I get the following error, what am I missing? Object not found! The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again. If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster. Error 404 ts03rats01 Friday, September 17, 2004 13:38:13 Apache/2.0.49a (NETWARE) mod_jk/1.2.6-dev Good evening, - Is the LDAP server on a machine separate to the Apache webserver(?), - Are the User Home Directories on a machine separate to the web serv...

Lost user login and user home directories
I have lost the ability to login into my OS 11.1 system with any of my defined user logins. The system returns: "Cannot enter home directory. Using /" If I 'OK' this, the next message (in a sort of DOS box) is: "kstartupconfig4 does not exist or fails; the error code is 3. Check your installation" If I OK this then I am represented with the original user logon panel. This sequence is the same for all the users defined on the system I can login as root. When I do so I notice that there are no user directories under /home Is this recoverable?...

Roaming user profile in users home directory
Hi, hope you can help out... When a user logs in to NetWare, the %home_directory is mapped to <volume>:USER\<username> on the NetWare server. Roaming profile is enabled via a NDS user package, to store the user profile in user home directory. User profile should be copied to the local workstation upon login and copied back to the server upon logout. There are space restrictions on the user�s home directories. We found that some user�s home directory is full, but they are not getting any error when they log out. Only that the user profile, e.g., USER.DAT or items...

customvalidator on a user control UC1 when the user clicks a button located on a different user control UC2 on the page
Hi, I am maintaining page where a user control is initialized  dynamically. The user control UC1 has a customvalidator using server side validation. When the postback is caused by a button inside the user control UC1 causes the postback, the customvalidator works fine and I get my validation results displayed. However, If I click a button located on a second user control UC2 on the main aspx page, the validation doesn t execute and I get no result validation error displayed. My question,how can I make the validation execute on the user control  UC1 when the postback is caused by...

Roaming user profile in users home directory #2
Hi, hope you can help out... When a user logs in to NetWare, the %home_directory is mapped to <volume>:USER\<username> on the NetWare server. Roaming profile is enabled via a NDS user package, to store the user profile in user home directory. User profile should be copied to the local workstation upon login and copied back to the server upon logout. There are space restrictions on the user�s home directories. We found that some user�s home directory is full, but they are not getting any error when they log out. Only that the user profile, e.g., USER.DAT or items...

A parent directory of the directory specified in the Local Directory setting is already used by the (email user) account. Please pick a different director
I am moving my data from Windows XP computer to new Windows-7 machine. I had to update Thunderbird 24 to Thunderbird 33 to enable my Lightning Add on. I have 6 email accounts serviced by Thunderbird 24; 3 on earthlink.net. I keep all my email and other personal data on a separate drive or partition. The root folder is "email" with respective sub-folders. After I copied the email folder to new respective machine, ....and my Thunderbird profile data to the new machine, I performed the "View setting for this account" browse to the respective folder in the &quo...

Automatically make directories in user's home directory
How can I do this? Basically I want the equivalent of /etc/skel on linux to happen on my netware box. Specifically what I am wanting is a Favorites folder and a Desktop folder made in their home directory so I can use folder redirection to point those portions of their profiles to there. I do not want to hand make these folders in every new user's home directory. Thanks! Adam I see that those mirectories are made automatically. Although I would still be interested to know if there is some way to do an equivalent to /etc/skel because I can see that being usefull. T...

User Home directory
Very strange situation. Hope I am missing something simple... Home directory public_html folders are working for all users in Teachers container. Also working for most users in Staff container. However, several public_html for users in Staff container are not working. If I move the user objects to Teacher container (leaving directories where they are) they work! What should I be looking at? LDAP, Public trustee rights, something else? Thanks in advance... Additional info... The affected users also have a workstation object with the same name... So it appears that Netware is searching ...

User home directories
I just upgraded from NW5.1sp6 to NW6.5sp1. The one problem I can't seem to get past is to get user home directories enabled on apache2. I have created a user named hdiruser. Assigned the 3 attributes to the parent container, and followed the rest of the Novell docs. Attached is my httpd.conf. Any help is appreciated. Mike begin 666 httpd.conf M(R @5$%"3$4Z("@P*0T*(R!.5T-O;F9697)S:6]N(#T@,C@-"B,-"B,@4V5R M=F5R4F]O=#H@5&AE('1O<"!O9B!T:&4@9&ER96-T;W)Y('1R964@=6YD97(@ M=VAI8V@@=&AE('-E<G9E<B=S#0HC(&-O;F9I9W...

Web resources about - How to setup different home directories and .INI locations for users. - sybase.webdeploykit

List of web directories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Open Directory Project (a.k.a. ODP or dmoz) – The largest directory of the Web. Its open content is mirrored at many sites, including the Google ...

To Complement Its Search Engine, Facebook Launches People, Pages, and Places Directories
Facebook is now closer than ever to becoming the phone book for the internet. The site recently launched a Directory of people , Pages , and ...

Directories - ARN
The source for IT industry news, views and analysis across the channel, business and technology

Princess Diana leaked royal directories to Murdoch tabloid, court hears
The former royal editor of Rupert Murdoch's now defunct British tabloid the News of the World told a court on Thursday that the late Princess ...

Telstra slashes 800 jobs from directories arm Sensis
TELSTRA is slashing 800 jobs from its struggling directories arm Sensis just one month after the telco giant sold a 70 per cent stake in the ...

Government To Stop Publishing Contact Information In Blue Pages Of Phone Directories
... has decided to stop publishing contact information for all of its departments and agencies in the blue pages section of telephone directories.A ...

File System Programming Guide: About Files and Directories
Explains how to create and manage files and directories.

Fixing directories
Web directories are one of the key points of differentiation between plans on the Exchanges. A single company can offer half a dozen networks ...

PBJ Local Directories
... newsletters, events, print subscription, digital subscription or other special offers. Welcome to Philadelphia Business Journal's local directories. ...

Bradenton and Lakewood Ranch Guides - Directories and guides
The Bradenton Herald is your source for Bradenton and Lakewood Ranch directories and guides.