connecting powerbuilder application to internet database

Dear guys!
I want to connect my powerbuilder application to an internet database, that
means i need to place the database ( MS Access, MySql, or Sybase Adaptive
Server Anywhere, just the database alone ) into our web space, or i want to
access the website providers database via powerbuilder application from my
internet connected PC. how can i establish the connection and how can i
implement the software.. please help!

thanks and regards,
danny
dannj@hotmail.com
tharakans@hotmail.com

0
Danny
5/29/2002 3:51:17 PM
sybase.web-targets 444 articles. 0 followers. Follow

connecting powerbuilder application to internet database -- please help
I want to connect my powerbuilder application to an internet database, that means i need to place the database ( MS Access, MySql, or Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere, just the database alone ) into our web space, or i want to access the website providers database via powerbuilder application from my internet connected PC. how can i establish the connection and how can i implement the software.. please help! for Example.. We got some webspace in a third party web space provider. We need to develop an application software with stock maintenance and price monitoring. We prefer to...

connecting powerbuilder application to internet database -- please help #2
I want to connect my powerbuilder application to an internet database, that means i need to place the database ( MS Access, MySql, or Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere, just the database alone ) into our web space, or i want to access the website providers database via powerbuilder application from my internet connected PC. how can i establish the connection and how can i implement the software.. please help! thanks and regards, danny tharakans@hotmail.com I have a lot of questions about your question. Is the "Web Space" hosted by you / your company or a third ...

How to deploy .Net Windows/Web applications
Hello can anyone please advise me guide me how to deploy .Net Windows/Web applications. I know how to do basic deployment but i want to know more about database connection string, Support files specific to application.   Please help--------ThanksSK Hi there,Database connections will not change too much, you will only need to change the Uid,password, server and sometimes database name.you can also create a setup file which will setup all the things. check out these:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818016 http://15seconds.com/issue/041229.htm http://www.microsoft.com/tec...

How we connect mobile web application with database?
hi, any body know how i connect mobile web application with database? so that it can run on IE and emulatoe(openwave )   thanx in advanced! Regards ParhiyarThe best and most important Thing in this world is to help others so that then GOD Helps u!! So keep help Others!!!!! we can connect mobile web application eith database through ADO.net same as we coonect web applicationsThe best and most important Thing in this world is to help others so that then GOD Helps u!! So keep help Others!!!!!...

Connecting to a web database from a local application?
Ok, here's the deal. I'm making a web site in asp.net with C# code behind with an access database and i'm also making a local application to update and modify the web site. What i'd like to know is how to connect to the web site database from my local application? Here's my connection string for my web site... this one works. But it doesn't work if i put it in my local application because it does not recognize the Server variable. "PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DATA SOURCE=" + Server.MapPath("db\\ESSiteWeb.mdb") + ";"; I also tried that f...

Deploying a Web Application with database connectivity
I have developed an ASP.NET Web application which up to now I have been running on my own development machine. But a recent switch from a dedicated ADSL modem to a shared router has rendered my Web site invisible to its users. That, and the problems of maintaining 24/7 availability, have caused me to investigate installing my site on a commercial hosting service. But I am confused about how to deal with the (Access) database that the Web pages interact with, which currently resides in a quite separate folder on my development machine. When I deploy the application, the path to the databas...

Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet
We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this forum but can't find now. When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I don't remember the recommended solution. Thanks for you help, James Clanton >When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their >connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I >rem...

database connection and ASP.Net Web Application
Hi I dry do ASP.Net Web Application with database connection. If I do Windows Application it is OK.(Access). Select query is OK. In ASp.Net Application Dataset don`t work when I do Databindings. I can see tables, but I can´t select tables. It works in Windows Application but not in In ASp.Net Application. How I must do databindings?? I have VisualStudio.NET 2003 hi sirkkis, can you explain with more details? What Exception you get? Regards Richard BeanAdd boolean database searching to your web site Hi Richard I try explain :-). I don´t ...

Database connection problem with web form target
I have application developed in PB 9 with DB2 database and I have migrate it to 11.5 web from. Migrated successfully and I have deployed to IIS and everything works fine for me but when I am trying to run application from browser then I am getting error message that application is not able to connect to database. 1. When I try to create any application with PB ASA database then I am not facing problem but if any other database I am trying then I am not able to connect. 2. Same application with DB2 database is working in client server mode correctly, and same is not working in web...

ASP.NET Web application, problem connecting to database
Hi, I have a problem connecting to database using windows authorization. this is sample codeSqlConnection oSQLConn = new SqlConnection();oSQLConn.ConnectionString="integrated security=SSPI;Server=SHAREPOINT\\EPM;Database=STS_sharepoint_1;Trusted_Connection=true;";oSQLConn.Open(); on Windows Aplication it work good but on ASP.NET Web application I got an Server Error - Login failed for user *****************is it problem with IIS configuration??? Make sure there is a user account for <machinename>/ASPNET and also the account has permissio...

how to connect a windows application to web application
Dear,  I have a windows application and have to manage a database located in an internet server from my windows application. please help me......... Web services would be an option.The web service would act as a broker between the windows app the internet-based database.  It would do the necessary communication of querying and sending data back to the windows app.Hope this provides some insight.- Jesse Jesse WilliamsPlease mark 'Answered' if my post was able to assist you. Thank you sir, But i had not used the web srvice You can check out this article on web serv...

Powerbuilder app connecting to ASA database located on web server.
Hi I have an application writhen in PB7 that currently works over a local network, using ODBC and TCP/IP to connect to an ASA6 database. What I'd like to do is this : I'd like to have the database located on a web server so that it can be accessed from anywhere (the application files would still be held on client machine). I've just started reading up about it and, although I'm fairly proficient with PB, I'm feeling lost as to where to start. I've come across terms such as web.pb, Jaguar, Winsock etc. I've installed IIS on my home machine to test o...

connecting to 2 diffrent sql servers databases from single web application
i am having 2 sql servers one is web sql server  server and other server is my local sql server. i am making web application through which i want to connect both sql servers at a time and by selecting data from web server i want to insert it into my local sql server both having same database on which i want to work , i want to know how it can be done my idea as follows in  web.config  i specify 2 connection string and by selecting data from  websql server database table i going to store it in dataset and then i return dataset to another function which connects to local ...

Why we use Web.Config File for connection string wether we can use class Library for get connection for whole web Application
 Why we use Web.Config File for connection string wether we can use class Library for get connection for whole web Application  please help me? Friend, Web.config has its own advantages. 1) Web.Config is used to store the important information like connections strings etc...so that it can be modified even after the code has been    deployed to the server without compiling the entire application again. 2) Since it is a XML file, there is no need of building the project of you are going to change the connection strings.   If you go for the class files,...

Web resources about - connecting powerbuilder application to internet database - sybase.web-targets

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles