Welcom to sybase.public.sqlserver.unix

Welcome to sybase.public.sqlserver.UNIX, the forum for UNIX-specific
Sybase SQL Server discussion!

This forum is intended for issues specific to the interaction between
Sybase Servers and UNIX, such as shared memory, networks, RAID, etc.

We hope that you find the forum a useful place to exchange information
concerning the use of Sybase SQL Server and Sybase Adaptive Server that
will enable you to use it to greater potential.  To ensure that we all
receive the greatest benefit from the forum, here are a few guidelines
concerning its use:

Forum Purpose
--------------------

This forum was established by Sybase as a means for its customers and
prospects to openly and freely exchange information and ideas.  It is
neither an alternative to, nor a replacement for a Customer Support
Contract.

1.  This is not an official Sybase technical support forum.  It is a
place for users to help each other by discussing problems and exchanging
solutions, information, ideas, etc.

2.  Sybase has no obligation to provide questions, problems, or provide
anything other than a moderator to monitor the forum and insure its
operation and availability, exchange problems solutions, information,
ideas, etc.  We do strive, however, to do much more than that as
resources permit.

3.  Sybase executives do monitor the forum to observe customer reaction
to the product, keep up with users thoughts for new features, or offer
executive opinions and viewpoints.  Sybase Technical Advisors also
assist
on the forum when they have time available.  They will offer help but
may
not be available on a regular basis based on their workload.

 Guidelines
--------------

Please bear in mind that this is a moderated forum.  As a result, it
operates somewhat differently than a typical unmoderated newsgroup.

1.  If you are using a company id, please post your name at the end of
the message so that others may know who to address when sending an
response.  We would appreciate you using your full (real) name.

2.  Please post your question once in the forum that appears most
appropriate and allow 36-72 hours for a response.

3.  Advertising of any kind should be limited to the forums dedicated to
that purpose (i.e.,  news.3rd_party_products, news.job_postings, etc.).
Spamming of the forum will not be tolerated.

4.  Profanity, obscenities, and abuse of forum members will not be
tolerated.

5.  Please refrain from sending "thanks" in the forum.  Anyone desiring
to thank the person assisting them should feel free to do so, but we
would ask that this be done via e-mail to minimize traffic and allow
members to review both problems and solutions.

6.  Please refrain from sending personal messages in the forum.  These
conversations are more properly carried on in e-mail.

7.  This forum is not particularly designed for the transfer of files.
Therefore, if you need to make files accessable to other people, please
handle it through private email or by making the file available on an
ftp site.  Extremely large messages, particularly those containing
embedded
files, will be deleted without notice.

8.  Please put specifics on the message header (not "Help", "Bug", or
vague subject headers). People often only review headers for messages
they are interested in.  This is in your best interest in getting the
most out of your message posting.

9.  Please do not ask more than one question per message.  If you have
five questions, please post five messages.  That way, duplication of
answers for one problem and overlooked questions will be minimized.

10. When replying, always include part of the message in your reply.
Some of us can't remember what happened five minutes ago, let alone
yesterday.

11. The forum is primarily intended to assist Sybase end-users in
obtaining the maximum benefit from the product.  It is not intended for
more general discussions, such as features of various products, product
comparisions, etc.  Please post messages of that type in more
appropriate
arenas, such as an public, unmoderated newsgroup.

12.  Try to provide specific details about the product version, OS
platform and version, etc. for all software involved.  The SQL Server
version string is available by executing "select @@version" from within
isql (or any other client).  Just about all Sybase products also provide
a version string when their binary is envoked with a "-v" parameter.

Thanks from your moderator,

Bret

bret@sybase.com
0
Bret
7/23/1997 11:08:52 PM
sybase.sqlserver.unix 1493 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I have the following situation:

1. one Server with SYBASE SQL Server/11.0.2.2/P/PC Intel/NetWare, Novell
Netware 4.10, with some databases.

2. two Servers SUN E-250 (SPARC) - Sun Solaris 2.6 and Sybase Adaptive
Server Enterprise 11.9.2. (Sun Solaris).

I need to migrate Server Netware's databases for the Server SUN E-250, but I
don't know how can I do.

Who did already have similar situation, could it help me or indicate where
can I find documentation about the subject?

Thanks for your help.

0
Equipe
7/22/1999 1:42:00 PM
Hy,

is there any way to use Sybase Central for accessing a SYBASE 11.02 SQL
Server working on SUN Solaris? Where can I get a plugin from ?
Thanks for any contribution!
Regards,

Equipe Banco de Dados

0
Equipe
--------------1EF96548821028E57FC15B93

extract the ddl from netware server using sybase central, and recreate the db on
sun. later bcp from novell dataserver to sun dataserver.

ms

Equipe Banco de Dados wrote:

> I have the following situation:
>
> 1. one Server with SYBASE SQL Server/11.0.2.2/P/PC Intel/NetWare, Novell
> Netware 4.10, with some databases.
>
> 2. two Servers SUN E-250 (SPARC) - Sun Solaris 2.6 and Sybase Adaptive
> Server Enterprise 11.9.2. (Sun Solaris).
>
> I need to migrate Server Netware's databases for the Server SUN E-250, but I
> don't know how can I do.
>
> Who did already have similar situation, could it help me or indicate where
> can I find documentation about the subject?
>
> Thanks for your help.

--------------1EF96548821028E57FC15B93

begin:vcard
n:Shaikh;Mohammed