upgrade 11.0.2 to 11.0.3

upgrade fails with message in sybinit log :
                Database model must be altered to have at least 1 more
MB.
                Database sybsystemprocs must be altered to have at least
1 more MB.
although model was left as it is after install, and sybsystemprocs is
50MB (min. 21MB according to manual).
Is there someone, who has similar experiences and can help?
Thanks in advance
Reinhold

0
Reinhold
6/28/1999 12:32:11 PM
sybase.sqlserver.unix 1493 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Reinhold Mrazek <reinhold.mrazek@adidas.de> wrote:
>upgrade fails with message in sybinit log :
>    Database model must be altered to have at least 1 more MB.
>    Database sybsystemprocs must be altered to have at least 1 more MB.
>although model was left as it is after install, and sybsystemprocs is
>50MB (min. 21MB according to manual).
>Is there someone, who has similar experiences and can help?

Is the system segment defined on all those
databases' devices ? I had a problem with
installmaster failing during the creation
of one of the biggest sprocs because of that.
But the error message was different.

Regards,
Mariano Corral
0
Mariano

Upgrading from 11.0.2 to 11.0.3
Hi sybase I need to upgrade a server from the 11.0.2 to the 11.0.3 but I can find no documentation describing this procedure. I would be most grateful if you could send me detailed instructions and the script for performing this upgrade. Thanks Idan from NEXUS telecommunications inc. Astar wrote: > I need to upgrade a server from the 11.0.2 to the 11.0.3 but I can find > no documentation describing this procedure. > > I would be most grateful if you could send me detailed instructions and > the script for performing this upgrade. Its pretty tr...

sybinbit troubles when upgrading from 11.0.2.2 to 11.0.3 on HP-UX
I'm having troubles with sybinit when trying to upgrade servers on our test box. Sometimes after all the pre-upgrade verification syninit's upgrade process gets to the point where it shuts down the SQL Server I get a connection timeout (see details below). The server does shutdown almost immediately, but somehow sybinit never figures that out. I'm looking for workarounds and want to be confident in them before I upgrade production. I've heard that a binary replacement is same same as using sybinit's upgrade process from some contacts at Sybase Tech Support, but a...

11.0.3.2 vs 11.0.3.3
Dear All, I understand that SQL server 11.0.3.2 is Y2K compliance. However, I have been suggested to upgrade to 11.0.3.3 for much safety (in Y2K). Is it true? What is the main difference between these 2 versions? Best Regards, Colin Colin wrote: > > Dear All, > > I understand that SQL server 11.0.3.2 is Y2K compliance. However, I > have been suggested to upgrade to 11.0.3.3 for much safety (in Y2K). Is > it true? What is the main difference between these 2 versions? > Just a number of bugfixes. I don't believe any of them are Y2K rel...

Downgrade from 11.0.3.2 to 11.0.2.2
Greetings! Could anyone list out the procedure to downgrade the the SQL Server from 11.0.3.2 and 11.0.2.2. I installed 11.0.3.2 on a separate directory and did the upgradation. I just want to prepare in advance to go back to 11.0.2.2 in case we face any problems with the new release. Thanks, - John John Smith wrote: > > Greetings! > > Could anyone list out the procedure to downgrade the the SQL Server from > 11.0.3.2 and > 11.0.2.2. I installed 11.0.3.2 on a separate directory and did the > upgradation. > I just want to prepare in advance to go...

Upgrade of 11.0.0 to 11.0.1 AND 11.0 EBF's
X86 Update of 11.0.0 to 11.0.1 was released 03 Mar 2009 Update of 11.0.0 to build 1598 was released 23 Apr 2009 Should 11.0.0 to build 1598 be applied to 11.0.1 ? ChuckGo No. EBFs should only be applied against the MR that it is intended. The 1598 EBF is intended for 11.0.0. And EBF for 11.0.1 is pending. - chris Charles.Gogolin@stanleyassociates.com wrote: > X86 > > Update of 11.0.0 to 11.0.1 was released 03 Mar 2009 > > Update of 11.0.0 to build 1598 was released 23 Apr 2009 > > Should 11.0.0 to build 1598 be applied to 11.0.1 ? ...

Upgrade from 11.0.3.3 SQL Server to 11.9.2 with RepServer 11.5
I am preparing to upgrade our production servers (11.0.3.3) using RepServer 11.5 with LTMs. My understanding is that the ASE 11.9.2 has RepAgents build in as Open Server applications. Are there any issues with upgrading that I need to be aware of? Where would I look? I would assume that I don't need to run LTMs anymore, but I need to ensure no loss of replication to the warm standby. Any advice? Take care. JCS ...

Upgrade 11.0.3.3 to ASE 11.9.2 with RepServer 11.5 and LTMs
I am preparing to upgrade our production servers (11.0.3.3) using RepServer 11.5 with LTMs. My understanding is that the ASE 11.9.2 has RepAgents build in as Open Server applications. Are there any issues with upgrading that I need to be aware of? Where would I look? I would assume that I don't need to run LTMs anymore, but I need to ensure no loss of replication to the warm standby. Any advice? Take care. JCS ASE 11.5+ has RepAgent built in as internal server threads (which has nothing to do with OpenServer). When upgrading, keep the LTM's and upgrade to RS 11.5 / ...

11.0.3 to 11.0.2
--------------8BCD235133A5E6297E3B44C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit The question: Can I take a dump of a database that is on an 11.0.2 server and load it into a 11.0.3 server, without having to do any maintenance on the database once it's in the 11.0.3 server? The reason: We have a production server that is version 11.0.2. Nightly, we dump the production server and load it into a development server, also 11.0.2. Now, we are in the midst of upgrading our development servers from 11.0.2 to 11.0.3. Any help would be great. T...

11.0.2 to 11.0.3
Is the upgrade process from 11.0.2 to 11.0.3 seamless? Are there any issues to be concerned about? Thanks in advance. Doug Doug, You should utilize 11.0.3.3 if you can. That's more recent than plain 11.0.3. You can do an upgrade in place for this. John McVicker Sybase Professional Services Philadelphia, PA Automotive Division wrote: > > Is the upgrade process from 11.0.2 to 11.0.3 seamless? Are there any issues > to be concerned about? > > Thanks in advance. > Doug We are in the same boat. I assume you have to upgrade to 11.0.3 first ...

Error after upgrade from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2.3
We have upgraded our production Sybase servers to 11.9.2 from 11.0.3.3 last weekend and we applied ebf9160 All went well except for an error in the errorlog as follows NT operating system error 2 in module 'e:\rel1192\porttree\svr\sql\generic\ksource\strmio\n_winsock.c' at line 3481: The system cannot find the file specified. kernel nl__connect: Could not connect to site 'VUA_S2002_XP', socket 1. This error did not occur when we tested the upgrade on our test servers. There appears to be no problems with the overall install, everything works fine - except for t...

Upgrading 11.0.1 to 11.0.3
Why is it required that, to upgrade, the installation needs to be made into a new sybase directory? More importantly, what is the easiest way to maintain your directory structure without making symbolic links for every upgrade. I'd like to keep the following structure: /opt/sybase /opt/sybase/bin /opt/sybase/data .... and for every upgrade, I'd like to keep the binaries, etc. in the same location so that I don't have to modify scripts to point to new binary, data directories. What am I missing? If you are willing to accept the risk of a longer outage in case y...

Automatic upgrade to Firefox/2.0.0.13 cripples 2.0.0.11
Name: Lars Barlow-Hansen Email: hansenatunforgettabledotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Automatic upgrade to Firefox/2.0.0.13 cripples 2.0.0.11 Comments: Hi, Firefox automatically downloaded/installed 2.0.0.13 and asked permission to restart upon which it continuously crashes (reboot etc. didn't fix). I reinstalled 2.0.0.11 and have no issues with this version. How do I prevent a repeat of above events? Lars Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Upgraded from 2.0.0.3 to 2.0.0.2???
Just downloaded a FireFox prompted update. I was running 2.0.0.3. The downloaded update is 2.0.0.2 ... seems to me that's a step backwards ... is there a reason? On May 16, 1:45 pm, Dean Kay <dean...@earthlink.net> wrote: > Just downloaded a FireFox prompted update. I was running 2.0.0.3. The > downloaded update is 2.0.0.2 ... seems to me that's a step backwards ... > is there a reason? I had a weird instance today, where Firefox locked up (no, that's not weird...lol) on Vista, and so Vista did the "checking for problems" process, and then...

Upgrading from 2.0.0.3 to 2.0.0.2???
Hi all, My Firefox was upgraded to 2.0.0.3 last week. However, last night I got a pop-up window informing me that I have just received 2.0.0.2 as an update. What is going on? Regards, alex ozgwei@gmail.com wrote: > Hi all, > > My Firefox was upgraded to 2.0.0.3 last week. > > However, last night I got a pop-up window informing me that I have > just received 2.0.0.2 as an update. > > What is going on? > > Regards, > alex > Did you have 2.0.0.2 and updated to 2.0.0.3, and are not getting messages about 2.0.0.2? Lee ...

Web resources about - upgrade 11.0.2 to 11.0.3 - sybase.sqlserver.unix

Windows Anytime Upgrade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Windows Anytime Upgrade (WAU) was an upgrade method offered by Microsoft and selected licensed resellers to users who intended to upgrade their ...

President Obama's Facebook Page Upgrades To Timeline
Yes, we can upgrade to timeline. U.S. President Barack Obama's Facebook page has the new layout.

Four Reasons to Upgrade to the New Share Dialog for iOS
... as friend tagging and privacy controls. 2. A faster and more native sharing experience Pinterest and popular iOS game 4 Pics 1 Word upgraded ...

More Streams: Facebook to Upgrade App Directory, App About Pages Soon
Over 50,000 applications have been added to the Facebook application directory since it first launched two years ago, and Facebook says it’s ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh Laura Tobin @ Lauratobin1 2m The only way to get through today is chocolate, I'm going to start small with baby & upgrade ...

Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store on iTunes
Get Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... Flickr. We noticed that you may be using an unsupported browser. All the basics will still work, but to get the most out of Flickr please upgrade ...

ModBook Upgrade by TechRestore - YouTube
http://www.techrestore.com/ - TechRestore Video - Here is the world's first Modbook upgrade video - TechRestore stop-motion style, of course! ...